Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you love to Trade avoid this game at all cost.

GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

This game has no 

>Secure Trading Window

>No way to Link items to Chat

> no way to trade with currency

> no auction house either

the only way to trade in Marvel Heroes is to Drop items to the ground. If you get scammed its your problem.

If you want to offer Items in a /trade chat you have to type in all stats

Theres no way to trade currency.

The lead developer of this game DOOMSAW thinks its awesome to have no way to trade items or money other than dropping them to the ground. 

I think its unbelievable stupid for this game genre to loot hundreds of items that cant be traded with other players.....

Why ever they think its great to have no secure trade system is a mystery to me....

If you are a trader type player avoid this game at all cost !

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I wouldn't trade in this game. It is a pure self-found game.

• GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

strange but they have a /TRADE chat channel..... why do they have that if the game is pure self found ?

they just had no time to implement a trade system and they tell their players the crap about self found etc etc ....

if its pure self found then they need to remove /trade chat and the possibility to drop items completly.

The /trade channel is a concession to all players that want a real trade system.

Doomsaw is a storyteller of no comparison, he should become a politican..... he has so many followers on the GAZ forums its almost like a cult of Doomsaw..

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Goromhir
    Originally posted by nariusseldon

strange but they have a /TRADE chat channel..... why do they have that if the game is pure self found ?

they just had no time to implement a trade system and they tell their players the crap about self found etc etc ....

if its pure self found then they need to remove /trade chat and the possibility to drop items completly.

The /trade channel is a concession to all players that want a real trade system.

Doomsaw is a storyteller of no comparison, he should become a politican..... he has so many followers on the GAZ forums its almost like a cult of Doomsaw..

I will play the game as self-found until a trade system is implemented.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360

This game has no 

>Secure Trading Window

the only way to trade in Marvel Heroes is to Drop items to the ground. If you get scammed its your problem.

If you want to offer Items in a /trade chat you have to type in all stats

Theres no way to trade currency.

The lead developer of this game DOOMSAW thinks its awesome to have no way to trade items or money other than dropping them to the ground. 

I think its unbelievable stupid for this game genre to loot hundreds of items that cant be traded with other players.....

Why ever they think its great to have no secure trade system is a mystery to me....

If you are a trader type player avoid this game at all cost !

Damn, what the hell are dev thinking.   This is too crazy.

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• Doomsaw-GazillionDoomsaw-Gazillion Marvel HeroesMember Posts: 134

The original poster is incorrect.

There is a very active trading community for Marvel Heroes with very organized practices.

There is also direct player to player trading features in development (but no money auction house).

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Doomsaw-Gazillion

There is a very active trading community for Marvel Heroes with very organized practices.

There is also direct player to player trading features in development (but no money auction house).

I don't see how that contradicts anything the OP said?  He said there's no way to link items in chat, no way to trade btw players, and no AH.  The only way to trade is to drop items on the ground to transfer them from one player to another. 

He didn't say there wasn't a robust community engaged in trading in your title (millions of players throwing items on the ground in an organized fashion of course).  He didn't say there was a lack of trading.  He stated that you have failed to provide a basic feature(s) that every other game out there in the same genre would normally launch with, a way or ways to facilitate transferring items between players sans dropping them on the ground.

Steam: Neph

• VidirVidir Member UncommonPosts: 963
    Originally posted by Doomsaw-Gazillion

Ok a very Active trading comunity,, are those all scammers?

• kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428

I am guessing that the Unreal engine, while good for action games, has been a bit challenging to make certain MMO functions work.

I also think the key word is "secure". I think that they could get trading to work, but getting it to work securely may be more of a problem.

What I don't get is the idea of avoiding the game be it lacks trading. Single player games lack trading and people still manage to find a way to enjoy them. Are there really people that enjoy trading more than the games themselves?  

• Afro-ThunderAfro-Thunder Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by kiern Are there really people that enjoy trading more than the games themselves?  

Actually? Yes there are.

• DeadlyneDeadlyne Member UncommonPosts: 232
    Originally posted by kiern

I am guessing that the Unreal engine, while good for action games, has been a bit challenging to make certain MMO functions work.

I also think the key word is "secure". I think that they could get trading to work, but getting it to work securely may be more of a problem.

What I don't get is the idea of avoiding the game be it lacks trading. Single player games lack trading and people still manage to find a way to enjoy them. Are there really people that enjoy trading more than the games themselves?  

IIRC Vanguard used the Unreal engine and the trade function there worked exactly as it should.  

Just to question the philosophy. Army of Socrates.

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Firefall has no trading system.. Makes it hard for gold sellers to do business. I thought it was crazy at first, but now I don't miss it at all. (They do have a market place).
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

I trade amongst myself, and my supersquad.

I play each char seperately as a RP situation

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

This game has no 

>Secure Trading Window

The better question is, why are superheroes even trading? :P

Superheroes are not supposed to save people for greed or money lol

• rapatpamprapatpamp Member UncommonPosts: 144
    They are adding a secure trade option in the future. I would rather them get it right then not. As far as the AH goes they said none , ever. No gold spammers is such a change of pace :)
  • GoromhirGoromhir Member UncommonPosts: 463

Until today theres no way to trade but throwing things to the ground......

GAZ is adding new Heroes every few weeks but they cant introduce a simple trade interface

So Easy

/trade channel

/linkitem to trade channel

A Secure Trade window

is all .................... whats so hard about that ?

• Master.RyuMaster.Ryu Member UncommonPosts: 52
    I'll go out on a limb and say you've never played games like PoE and D2.