Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be subscribing?

Comments

• ArielyAriely Member Posts: 68
    It's a fun game dont get me wrong, the story-line, dungeons etc are awesome. but subbing? it's not enough for me, there is no " real" content after 50 and yes, i'd love to start a new class, but there are NO repeatable quest's, questline linked to the class, the only way to lvl is those lvlquest and fate's ( and Fate's are the worst thing ever made)
  • NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Ariely
     Fate's are the worst thing ever made

cant be worse than dailies!

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Member Posts: 196
    I will sub when the PvP is added next patch.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• teknotazteknotaz Member UncommonPosts: 112
    yes i will. i have enjoyed the game quests, fates and crafting when i can play

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268
    I might sub at some point, it's a good MMO but I don't have the desire to commit to it right now.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

No.

I think it is a decent game. I may revisit it later when they patch and add a little more to it. Right now for me it feels a bit generic. I have other games grabbing my attention more and the ps4 will be releasing in 6 weeks.

I will take a look at it again in 6 months maybe.

• SaoenSaoen Member Posts: 12
    Im going to sub for a month at least. I enjoy the game, Im just not sure if im gonna stick with it or not yet. 
  • XiveilXiveil Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    I haven't purchased the game and have no intention of doing so, therefore I voted no.

Sorry, but why are you voting on something that would require you to have purchased the game already? Not a "have you purchased the game?" poll...

And already subbed.  Wife and I are enjoying it thoroughly.

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

yup

they will be accepting my payment for three months today

• Swids2010Swids2010 Member Posts: 244
    Yes will probably stick around to see what they do with PvP and Raids as thats what I usually throw my efforts into.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Nope. 

If i have to play a generic WOW clone, i would rather play a free one.

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549
    Yes

• vandal5627vandal5627 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Legacy and 6 month discount coming out to roughly 8 bucks a month, hell yeah I subscribed.  It's a fun game to boot :)
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Hell to the YES.

Joined - July 2004

• ChipOreoChipOreo Member UncommonPosts: 22

Yup, I like the pace. I don't have time to go full-blown basement dweller mode like I used to so the pace of this game lets me do my thing and not get left behind in terms of gear (ToM weekly Cap).

I would imagine those that would like to go full-blown BDM are pretty sad but meh.  . .it ain't me so who cares haha.

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

yeah I will sub since its cheap , but sadly I cant see this game lasting long for me , just not much content that isn't grinding dungeon 50+ times over and over per armor set which gets a bit stale after a few months .

Couple of things could fix this game .  

1. Make FATES less attractive vs dungeons.

2. Allow more slots for DPS in dungeon finder so  2-4 slots dps for 4-6 man group

3. Lower the 2.5 second CD to 2 seconds .

4. Allow stun to go off instantly , not on GCD  which basically make it a 2.5 sec cast time which sucks as tank .

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Surprisingly many subscribers for a forum that collectively hates the genre they're discussing.
    Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
    Surprisingly many subscribers for a forum that collectively hates the genre they're discussing.

I just spit coffee. Thanks for that lol..

Joined - July 2004

• Jerek_Jerek_ Member Posts: 409
    no, there is a lot I really like in the game, but the forced dungeons I wont do.  I just stopped logging in because I was never in the mood to do those.  I wish they had done it like other games with similar dungeons and let me opt out, I would have subbed and stayed with it much longer.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

not bad, 50% pretty good in this day and age. I have seen nasty graph on a site not to be mentioned though. Yet and still if they can maintain a 50% retention rate, IF they will be good to go.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

You really need to think about what you're saying here before typing and posting it. What this amounts to is you looking angry over people not liking what you like. Not liking (for example) end game gear treadmill doesn't mean one hates the MMO genre as a whole, and it would be asinine to assume such a thing. 

• ChipOreoChipOreo Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Originally posted by ThumbtackJ

You really need to think about what you're saying here before typing and posting it. What this amounts to is you looking angry over people not liking what you like. Not liking (for example) end game gear treadmill doesn't mean one hates the MMO genre as a whole, and it would be asinine to assume such a thing. 

I think what he's trying to say is "(Not bad). . .for a Forum (FFXIVARR: Forums/Sub-Forum) that collectively (in which most threads on said FFXIVARR Forum/sub-Forum) hates the genre (FFXIVARR) they're discussing." 

It's the way I read it as anyways. Which btw, imo you seem to come off as angry instead of him but then again it is hard to convay emotions over text.

But hey! what do I know, I'm just killing time here at work hahaha

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235
    Glad that people are having fun but really I can't understand why tbh. It does a couple of things well but I found most things pretty mediocre. I must admit I think I am past tab target trinity games and raid grinding to go from GS 4000 to 5000 holds no attraction. if I was to play that style (which I do now and then) there are just better examples IMHO.

Combat is a particular turnof,f accepting the design decisions (tab target, long CDs) it still is sloppily implemented. The variable but pronounced delay between hitting the keyboard and something happening, and something happening and it being displayed on screen is really not rewarding. Obviously some guys are waiting for PvP, again kinda surprised with such mushy combat.

Still it seems clear that they will retain enough to maintain a healthy game, it will do about as well as SWTOR is my guess.
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

I see a lot more comments saying they will subscribe than those saying they won't which is odd since the results speak differently. I would have personally expected to see a lot more in favor of subbing since the game has only been out for a short while. Otherwise what would you expect the reactions to be for a poll asking peoples opinions on whether they plan on sticking around? Did you expect every single poster to be in favor? Maybe you meant that we shouldn't comment on a game that we do not like? Either way I find the results kind of interesting for various reasons.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• EhllfhireEhllfhire Member UncommonPosts: 633
    Yes I already did

Any graphical, audio, or gameplay restrictions not seen in other mmos but found in FFXIV can be blamed on one thing.
    PS3