Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu - 1 year in and STILL growing - STEAM GREENLIGHT!!!

bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Nearly one year in Age of Wushu continues to grow. One year ago there was one server, now there are four. There's a reason why Wushu has bucked the trend of first year declines. It's damn good game that launched with an obscene amount of player driven systems, something the genre had not seen since the likes of EVE. 

There will most likely be atleast one new server for the greenlight. If you are new to Wushu, keep an eye out. This will be the perfect time for you to start.

side rant - I love you mmorpg.com, but you have done this community a disservice by not covering this title more. There are daily in depth articles and interviews from all across the web. Here though, Wushu was given a 2 part review by someone who does not like pvp, and was admittedly overwhelmed by the freedom of the Wushu sandbox. 

Mmorpg.com you can do better. Enough of these company press release articles of reskinned games, passed off as journalism. Roll up your sleeves and give the community real in depth journalism! We deserve it.

Here's what the Steam community has been saying. 509 Post of "Give me this game!" 

More news from around the web.

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Age-Wushu-Hyper-Light-Drifter-30-Other-Games-Greenlit-Steam-59601.html

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/new-steam-titles-greenlit,news-17641.html

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Here is a review made 17 hours ago of the Mount Hua Expansion that came late August.

Rated 4/5 "Snail Games contemplated action, social and environmental features and implemented fresh ideas in an efficient way. The broad new systems shaped new ambitions, motivations and goals, as a new exuberance escalated in the daily life of Wushu."

http://www.unigamesity.com/age-of-wushu-legends-of-mount-hua-review-a-new-domain-of-possibilities/

• park97park97 Member UncommonPosts: 91
    Don't know why Age of Wushu only given a score of 7, this game deserves at least a score of 8.5. MMORPG.com is a company only likes the game made in America.
  • BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Originally posted by park97
    Don't know why Age of Wushu only given a score of 7, this game deserves at least a score of 8.5. MMORPG.com is a company only likes the game made in America.

Yeah because FFXIV: ARR gets no coverage. We also know that no one here has ever talked about Lineage, TERA, Archage, Darkfall, ... etc etc etc

As far as AoW is concerned... Good for you and everyone who plays it. Hopefully it continues to give you everything you enjoy. I have friends who were very famous in game try to get me to play and I hated it. They also ended up quitting for various (game) reasons.

Originally posted by Blazeyer
    Originally posted by park97

Yeah because FFXIV: ARR gets no coverage. We also know that no one here has ever talked about Lineage, TERA, Archage, Darkfall, ... etc etc etc

As far as AoW is concerned... Good for you and everyone who plays it. Hopefully it continues to give you everything you enjoy. I have friends who were very famous in game try to get me to play and I hated it. They also ended up quitting for various (game) reasons.

Not everyone plays one mmorpg for years, people quit for any number of reasons. I too have issues with the game. I feel that too many items are sold in the cash shop that then can be sold in game that effect the game, windrider potion I'm looking at you... Also there is not enough insurance for players who have had their account compromised. The world of Wushu is a tough place. To tough to have to worry about account security too imo.

Unfortunately (fortunately for snail) there is just no competition for what Wushu is doing besides EVE and you have to like being a spaceship to go there. Fortunately (unfortunately?) the good, and the new out way the bad for me, and they others playing.

If someone would have told me that Thursday night in November 2012, that I would still be playing what was an unheard of mmorpg, that I only downloaded during late night depression at the news of DF:UW being delayed again, I would have lmao.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
     Have they added anything new to the game yet, content wise? Any new tools for sandboxers? I enjoyed the game when I played it, but I quit because I saw the amount of "content" and tools provided to the player were actually rather shallow. There is certainly enough to do to keep a player engaged for a days play time, the issue becomes .... it's the same tasks each day. If they add a few more new "tasks" I think I would return, need to find a better Guild though.
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

I am not convinced that the game is still growing as there was a server merge on august 28th:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/749/view/news/page/1/read/28423/Age-of-Wushu-Server-Merges-Announced.html

I am not saying the game is dying.

Originally posted by Nasa

I am not convinced that the game is still growing as there was a server merge on august 28th:
    http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/749/view/news/page/1/read/28423/Age-of-Wushu-Server-Merges-Announced.html

I am not saying the game is dying.

Yeah, they added 1 too many servers. Good for them listening and recognizing quickly. It started with one, grew to five. Then back down to four. There will surly be at least one new server with the greenlight. Overall +3 servers on the year ;)

Hey are you Nassa from the guild PublicEnemy?

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    nopoe, is not growing I play the it andits stale, and they take too long to let the content out, translations now at least are better, though we still find a error here and there, and please not new servers, the 1st merger was needed and most players want more mergers, because you have several servers with no people in to play makes things not fun, and its something when one guild can have more then 4 bases in the world and we don't even have any risk of losing it because no one will even attack, or chengdu arket always ahving a place for you to sell your things (before the damn city was always full).
    FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    Originally posted by Redemp
     Have they added anything new to the game yet, content wise? Any new tools for sandboxers? I enjoyed the game when I played it, but I quit because I saw the amount of "content" and tools provided to the player were actually rather shallow. There is certainly enough to do to keep a player engaged for a days play time, the issue becomes .... it's the same tasks each day. If they add a few more new "tasks" I think I would return, need to find a better Guild though.

Yeah, the article in the second post talks about some of the new things. I advise you (if you don't mind) not to fall into the rut of waking up and doing abc. Try to do only what you want. Things will happen organically. 

As far as a guild, pm me if you start back up.

• RedempRedemp Member UncommonPosts: 1,136
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Redemp

Yeah, the article in the second post talks about some of the new things. I advise you (if you don't mind) not to fall into the rut of waking up and doing abc. Try to do only what you want. Things will happen organically. 

As far as a guild, pm me if you start back up.

So I joined back, debated for a few days and finally decided to give it another look. My god the amount of content they've added in to the game... the sheer amount of tasks I can do during a day is daunting. Absolutely loving being back ... made a totally new character on the Golden Kirin server .. decided to go as a Beggar this time around. Loving it again..
     Graci Bc.

image I envy you. You don't know how bad I want to reroll on a brand new server. It's so much fun when everyone is fighting for a name, guilds are building, and alliances are forming. It's like the Wild West :) I'm so heavily invested in everything on BlueDragon. 

I think when the greenlight starts, I'm pretty sure they will open a new server. I still have the free box copy with v.i.p. they sent to people who played the first closed beta. I think that will be best time for me to give it ago :)

• iridescenceiridescence Member UncommonPosts: 1,552
    Might try this again. I liked a lot of stuff in the game. Have they done anything about the near constant gold spam though? Especially in a game like this, it really took me out of the experience to have to look at that constant stream of crap.
  • RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Age OF Wushu might still be growing, but personally I don't play the game for the following reasons.

1.) I enjoyed AOW, I am not going to lie Great game during beta, but the reason I quit playing AOW is because the developers did not listen to feed back, or answer suggestions posted on the forum.

2.) Lack of Customization, and content like really I was going to stay a subscriber to AOW, but the problem with the game is the lack of content having to pay for a horse every 30 days on top of my subscription via cash shop, and My Character looks so ugly no perm cash-shop items so over all I would have to spend $50 a month or close to this to enjoy the game the way I want to.

3.) Hackers, Yes its a problem if you look on the AOW Forums you will see that hackers have hacked a lot of players accounts, and support says its the players fault locks/removes threads I doubt that players were hacked someone actually did a hack in game and linked custom images in chat hacking php code or something proves that the game has security issues as a result I am no longer playing AOW.

I play DarkFall Great Game Best Sand-Box until Star Citizen

Originally posted by iridescence
    Might try this again. I liked a lot of stuff in the game. Have they done anything about the near constant gold spam though? Especially in a game like this, it really took me out of the experience to have to look at that constant stream of crap.

It had gotten a lot better, almost none, but something changed a couple patches ago. At this moment there is a lot. It's a shame too, because the chat system is really awesome. Maybe too awesome so many ways to post. I usually have 4 chat tabs. The main tab, I filter to only world, scene. That cuts about 90% of the spam. They did make a block local and report feature that helps too, but for some reason the limited the normal block list again...

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

I bought a premium account and quit with over 40 days left on the account due to bots and gold sellers.

Is this still a problem?

Originally posted by Renoaku

Age OF Wushu might still be growing, but personally I don't play the game for the following reasons.

1.) I enjoyed AOW, I am not going to lie Great game during beta, but the reason I quit playing AOW is because the developers did not listen to feed back, or answer suggestions posted on the forum.

2.) Lack of Customization, and content like really I was going to stay a subscriber to AOW, but the problem with the game is the lack of content having to pay for a horse every 30 days on top of my subscription via cash shop, and My Character looks so ugly no perm cash-shop items so over all I would have to spend $50 a month or close to this to enjoy the game the way I want to.

3.) Hackers, Yes its a problem if you look on the AOW Forums you will see that hackers have hacked a lot of players accounts, and support says its the players fault locks/removes threads I doubt that players were hacked someone actually did a hack in game and linked custom images in chat hacking php code or something proves that the game has security issues as a result I am no longer playing AOW.

I play DarkFall Great Game Best Sand-Box until Star Citizen

1.) They been doing better than I expected with listening to feed back and making changes. For example with the launch of the xpac they had made it so only subbed players could gather. That effectively killed all bots. A lot of the player base was upset though, they changed back by the end of the week. 

2.) They only mmorpg that I've played with more character customization beyond character creation is EVE, and that's not by much. The highlighted portion is the biggest misnomer about AoW. Your horses, your outfits, everything can and is bought in game. I pay 9$ per month. I've paid 60$ since last November for sub only, thanks to the cb1 offer that I paid 9$ for from November to March. 

3.) Yes, accounts have been "hacked." It's a problem in every game worth playing. To Snails credit, they have put together away to restore items SOMETIMES. The responsibility of account security is squarely on the player though.

I might have been playing DF:UW if they would have released on time image I was so depressed that thursday november night I heard about the second delay. That's the night I found Wushu! Ghost Claw to YO FACE! 

Originally posted by ShortyBible

I bought a premium account and quit with over 40 days left on the account due to bots and gold sellers.

Is this still a problem?

They got bots under control. Almost to the point of the economy missing them lol. There is even a community poll asking if auto path to resources should be disabled. See the post right above yours about the gold spam.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by ShortyBible

Is this still a problem?

They got bots under control. Almost to the point of the economy missing them lol. There is even a community poll asking if auto path to resources should be disabled. See the post right above yours about the gold spam.

Thanks will give it another look.