Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Will you be subscribing?

Comments

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 avondale, AZPosts: 962Member Uncommon
    I already subbed.  For me its a great game, I am in a great guild and I am enjoying myself immensely.  
  • grimalgrimal Stamford, CTPosts: 2,873Member Uncommon

No.   After burning through two weeks of my initial month -waiting- to be able to create a character on my server of choice, when I was finally able to play the game, I found it to be utterly boring.  Not my cup of tea at all.

• hcoelhohcoelho Rio de JaneiroPosts: 529Member

i will try to keep playingi t, if my gamming ADD let me. 

But i'm looking at ArcheAge on the horizon. I want a sandbox experience, thats what mmos should be. 

FFXIV is pretty immersive though and fun to play. Lets see for how long.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,523Member Uncommon

Originally posted by Raxeon

Originally posted by DMKano No - been sitting at 50 for a couple of weeks now. End game offers nothing that is worthy of s sub to me at this time. I really enjoyed the journey, 1-50 is solid. F2P games like Rift currently offer much better end game options, I'll check out FFARR after raid patch.
    rift is actullya couple of years old too or 1 

Rift is over 2 years old - but that's not the point. If you are a month old game or a 14 year old game - you are still competing for the same customers, that's reality.

So it comes down to who has interesting content for my guild - right now its Rift - nobody is going to say "hey guys let's stay and pay a sub in FFARR, we have nothing to to do there - but hey they are only a month old!"

Do you see how irrelevant that is?

• HusvikHusvik Somewhere, ONPosts: 440Member
    No brainer, 6 months.
  • TsumoroTsumoro EozeaPosts: 408Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by DMKano

Originally posted by DMKano No - been sitting at 50 for a couple of weeks now. End game offers nothing that is worthy of s sub to me at this time. I really enjoyed the journey, 1-50 is solid. F2P games like Rift currently offer much better end game options, I'll check out FFARR after raid patch.

Rift is over 2 years old - but that's not the point. If you are a month old game or a 14 year old game - you are still competing for the same customers, that's reality.

So it comes down to who has interesting content for my guild - right now its Rift - nobody is going to say "hey guys let's stay and pay a sub in FFARR, we have nothing to to do there - but hey they are only a month old!"

I agree with you, I assume your company in game has done their Relic and have Bahamut Coil and Primals on farm. It doesn't take long to reach that stage if you are playing a lot and spending a dedicated amount of time in game (as one would expect from a raiding group). 

WoW and RIFT have been around for a long while now and the content for end game is there. So, if that is your passion it makes sense. I gather you will be back to FF14 when more stuff comes out. For example, mid October is patch 2.1 which is adding King Moogle Primal, new difficulty dungeons, brand new dungeon and a new Raid (Crystal Tower) as well as a Round 5 to Bahamut Coil. So, I feel considering the length of time the game has been out with the amount of content following is quite reasonable. 

Anyhow, I hope you have fun and when the raids continue to increase in FF to see you back at some point :)

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ columbus, OHPosts: 539Member Uncommon

Nope. I had a good ~86 hours, but it's just not for me, not right now anyways. Perhaps when 2.1 drops I'll have another look at it, but for now GW2 is giving me what it is I'm currently looking for as far as MMOs go.

Not to mention, I just went out yesterday and bought the new Pokemon X/Y themed 3DS XL (red one) and Animal Crossing New Leaf, so there goes a good chunk of my time.

• ArielyAriely gentPosts: 68Member
    It's a fun game dont get me wrong, the story-line, dungeons etc are awesome. but subbing? it's not enough for me, there is no " real" content after 50 and yes, i'd love to start a new class, but there are NO repeatable quest's, questline linked to the class, the only way to lvl is those lvlquest and fate's ( and Fate's are the worst thing ever made)
  • NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by Ariely
     Fate's are the worst thing ever made

cant be worse than dailies!

• RabidMouthRabidMouth Charlotte, NCPosts: 196Member
    I will sub when the PvP is added next patch.

You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into.

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,523Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Tsumoro
    Originally posted by DMKano

I agree with you, I assume your company in game has done their Relic and have Bahamut Coil and Primals on farm. It doesn't take long to reach that stage if you are playing a lot and spending a dedicated amount of time in game (as one would expect from a raiding group). 

WoW and RIFT have been around for a long while now and the content for end game is there. So, if that is your passion it makes sense. I gather you will be back to FF14 when more stuff comes out. For example, mid October is patch 2.1 which is adding King Moogle Primal, new difficulty dungeons, brand new dungeon and a new Raid (Crystal Tower) as well as a Round 5 to Bahamut Coil. So, I feel considering the length of time the game has been out with the amount of content following is quite reasonable. 

Anyhow, I hope you have fun and when the raids continue to increase in FF to see you back at some point :)

Yes we'll come back once Crystal Tower Raid is in place and we can progress past Bahamut turn 5 which is currently unbeatable.

Again SE has done a fantastic job with 1-50, its really on them now to keep releasing quality content for their players, the competition is pretty fierce, Rift just added two mega raids, and they are 100% free.

So like I said, SE has their work cut out for them, they have to do something pretty epic to bring back players with 2.1 

• teknotazteknotaz san antonio, TXPosts: 112Member
    yes i will. i have enjoyed the game quests, fates and crafting when i can play

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Seattle, WAPosts: 269Member
    I might sub at some point, it's a good MMO but I don't have the desire to commit to it right now.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• jdnewelljdnewell Spring Hill, TNPosts: 2,150Member Uncommon

No.

I think it is a decent game. I may revisit it later when they patch and add a little more to it. Right now for me it feels a bit generic. I have other games grabbing my attention more and the ps4 will be releasing in 6 weeks.

I will take a look at it again in 6 months maybe.

• SaoenSaoen Chicago, ILPosts: 12Member
    Im going to sub for a month at least. I enjoy the game, Im just not sure if im gonna stick with it or not yet. 
  • XiveilXiveil Rexburg, IDPosts: 12Member
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    I haven't purchased the game and have no intention of doing so, therefore I voted no.

Sorry, but why are you voting on something that would require you to have purchased the game already? Not a "have you purchased the game?" poll...

And already subbed.  Wife and I are enjoying it thoroughly.

• gatherisgatheris Charlotte, MIPosts: 995Member Uncommon

yup

they will be accepting my payment for three months today

• Swids2010Swids2010 plymouthPosts: 244Member
    Yes will probably stick around to see what they do with PvP and Raids as thats what I usually throw my efforts into.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx California, WAPosts: 1,985Member Uncommon

Nope. 

If i have to play a generic WOW clone, i would rather play a free one.

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Tulsa, OKPosts: 549Member
    Yes

• vandal5627vandal5627 Jersey City, NJPosts: 586Member Uncommon
    Legacy and 6 month discount coming out to roughly 8 bucks a month, hell yeah I subscribed.  It's a fun game to boot :)
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Riverside, RIPosts: 3,266Member Uncommon
    Hell to the YES.

Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
    ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
    Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

• ChipOreoChipOreo Atlanta, GAPosts: 21Member

Yup, I like the pace. I don't have time to go full-blown basement dweller mode like I used to so the pace of this game lets me do my thing and not get left behind in terms of gear (ToM weekly Cap).

I would imagine those that would like to go full-blown BDM are pretty sad but meh.  . .it ain't me so who cares haha.

• GrailerGrailer HamiltonPosts: 876Member Uncommon

yeah I will sub since its cheap , but sadly I cant see this game lasting long for me , just not much content that isn't grinding dungeon 50+ times over and over per armor set which gets a bit stale after a few months .

Couple of things could fix this game .  

1. Make FATES less attractive vs dungeons.

2. Allow more slots for DPS in dungeon finder so  2-4 slots dps for 4-6 man group

3. Lower the 2.5 second CD to 2 seconds .

4. Allow stun to go off instantly , not on GCD  which basically make it a 2.5 sec cast time which sucks as tank .

• HyanmenHyanmen KolkkalaPosts: 5,354Member Uncommon
    Surprisingly many subscribers for a forum that collectively hates the genre they're discussing.

"Housing is standard in most mmo's."
    - yolteotl79