Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you be subscribing?

Comments

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

Probably not...

I have a hard time trying to find a justification to the friggin subscription fee. I can play something else that is more involving than this game, with out a monthly fee!

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

No. It's a very good game but there are many games out there that offer more for the same subscription price. In fact, there are games out there that are buy to play that offer more with no sub. Perhaps when the first big patch comes out I will sub to see what they have done and see if it is worth it. 

For those who re-subbed have fun continuing the Fantasy! /bow

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• weenstanweenstan Member Posts: 15
    I'm on the fence. I played beta and I was bored really fast. I decided to give it another try and I've been playing for 3 days. So far so good. I'm just worried about the endgame.
  • cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Yes, this one's worth calling a home-MMO for me. I'm not in it to finish it - I'm in it to enjoy it.
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
     Absolutely not. My love for their previous MMO had me buy this one despite all the negativity it got when it released the first time. After re visiting the game, I am left with a hollow feeling because as much as I love the classes and lore of the Final Fantasy IP, this game did nothing to hold my attention and I doubt this "patch" is going to address my glaring complaints. So no now and probably not ever sadly. I am glad that there are those that like the game however. Hopefully the honeymoon phase lasts longer for them than it did for me.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• TelondarielTelondariel Member Posts: 1,001
    No.  There isn't enough depth to justify a sub yet.  The game is too green right now.  

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Elderknight

famring tomes isn't that much fun, and thats about all there is to do at 50, why would want to play a game that i need to farm non stop, no pvp, no guild hall building, nothing would love to play but just boring loggin in to craft items to make more gill, and wait in que to fight in a dungeon to farm tomes...

around amonth that changes

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by DMKano

No - been sitting at 50 for a couple of weeks now. End game offers nothing that is worthy of s sub to me at this time.
    I really enjoyed the journey, 1-50 is solid.
    F2P games like Rift currently offer much better end game options, I'll check out FFARR after raid patch.

rift is actullya couple of years old too or 1 

• Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213
    Originally posted by Tanvaras
    Nope, Got sucked into buying the original CE version x 2 for the wife and I. I will "Never" buy one of there products again!

Gotta love people who continually bash a game they've never even played...

Yes, I will be subscribing. The game is one of the better MMORPGs out on the market ATM, and more features are supposedly coming down the pipeline.

• EvelknievelEvelknievel Member UncommonPosts: 2,964

Great game so far for me!

So that is a yes..

• amber-ramber-r Member Posts: 323

I don't see the point when I can pay plenty of other wow clones with more content for free, not only is this a wow clone it's a rushed wow clone. 

• SheritsukiSheritsuki Member UncommonPosts: 8

8 Crafting classes all still around level 25.

1 Adventurer class at 32

1 at 16

1 at 8

1 of 8 'jobs' at 32

Only part way through my main story line.

Big content patch round the corner.

I play fairly regularly at my own pace.

Plenty of mileage in this for me, so yes I'll be subbing.

(I've played 'hard-core' in other MMO's, I've level raced, I've eaten up content. First MMO for me, for years, that makes me want to take my time. Yay me!)

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319
    Originally posted by amber-r

I don't see the point when I can pay plenty of other wow clones with more content for free, not only is this a wow clone it's a rushed wow clone. 

this. +1

So nope.

• VoqarVoqar Member UncommonPosts: 510

This marks the first time ever that I have bought a premium MMORPG and haven't subbed to it at all.

This game just isn't that good.  It's pretty and seems good at first but ultimately it's very bland, very stripped down, way too simplistic, way too easy, and lacks stuff to do.  What isn't ultra easy is ultra grindy, and not in any kind of good way (you expect some grind at endgame - it's how it is in MMORPGs).

I started feeling like I wouldn't sub ~2 weeks ago and just stopped playing about 1 week ago - didn't even make it thru the free period - since there's no point in playing a game that's mediocre at best and not worth a sub.

I would be surprised if many people last more than 2-3 months.  But who knows.  There's nothing wrong with there being an MMORPG Lite in existence.

Premium MMORPGs do not feature built-in cheating via cash for gold pay 2 win. PLAY to win or don't play.

• MattatronMattatron Member Posts: 226

I was going to. I really like the crafting system, and I'd only moved into lower 40s adventure level, so still had alot to see.

I was accused of impropriety and suspended for what I maintain was no reason. Had they explained afterwards what I did or, rightfully, exonerated me, I would have resubscribed, even after a lost week of suspension.

The fact they can do this to me any time makes me not want to invest time earning anything in the game. It's pointless. Their system is flawed and I got the bad end of it. I'm not paying for the potential for it to happen again.

• ThenThen Member UncommonPosts: 80

nope, this game is just not for me, I am much more of a Rift kinda guy. If this is a wow clone, Rift is the better clone IMHO :)

Remember, I never said it was :)

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Already paid my sub.

Best MMO I've played in ages, so no question about it, I'll be playing for a good few months yet.

• CymdaiCymdai Member UncommonPosts: 1,043
    Unfortunately, I subscribed for the month of October already. However, when that runs out, I will not be playing any further. If you want to know why, feel free to read all the green posts on "The reason I think FFXIV will fail" thread.

Waiting for something fresh to arrive on the MMO scene...

• mrputtsmrputts Member UncommonPosts: 283
    Already did.

Ea is like a poo fingered midas ~ShakyMo

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I already subbed.  For me its a great game, I am in a great guild and I am enjoying myself immensely.  
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

No.   After burning through two weeks of my initial month -waiting- to be able to create a character on my server of choice, when I was finally able to play the game, I found it to be utterly boring.  Not my cup of tea at all.

• hcoelhohcoelho Member UncommonPosts: 529

i will try to keep playingi t, if my gamming ADD let me. 

But i'm looking at ArcheAge on the horizon. I want a sandbox experience, thats what mmos should be. 

FFXIV is pretty immersive though and fun to play. Lets see for how long.

• xpsyncxpsync Member EpicPosts: 1,854
    No brainer, 6 months.
    My faith is my shield! - Turalyon 2022

Your legend ends here and now! - (Battles Won Long Ago)

Currently Playing; Dragonflight and SWG:L
  • TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435
    Originally posted by DMKano

Originally posted by Raxeon

Originally posted by DMKano No - been sitting at 50 for a couple of weeks now. End game offers nothing that is worthy of s sub to me at this time. I really enjoyed the journey, 1-50 is solid. F2P games like Rift currently offer much better end game options, I'll check out FFARR after raid patch.
    rift is actullya couple of years old too or 1 

Rift is over 2 years old - but that's not the point. If you are a month old game or a 14 year old game - you are still competing for the same customers, that's reality.

So it comes down to who has interesting content for my guild - right now its Rift - nobody is going to say "hey guys let's stay and pay a sub in FFARR, we have nothing to to do there - but hey they are only a month old!"

Do you see how irrelevant that is?

I agree with you, I assume your company in game has done their Relic and have Bahamut Coil and Primals on farm. It doesn't take long to reach that stage if you are playing a lot and spending a dedicated amount of time in game (as one would expect from a raiding group). 

WoW and RIFT have been around for a long while now and the content for end game is there. So, if that is your passion it makes sense. I gather you will be back to FF14 when more stuff comes out. For example, mid October is patch 2.1 which is adding King Moogle Primal, new difficulty dungeons, brand new dungeon and a new Raid (Crystal Tower) as well as a Round 5 to Bahamut Coil. So, I feel considering the length of time the game has been out with the amount of content following is quite reasonable. 

Anyhow, I hope you have fun and when the raids continue to increase in FF to see you back at some point :)

• ThumbtackJThumbtackJ Member UncommonPosts: 669

Nope. I had a good ~86 hours, but it's just not for me, not right now anyways. Perhaps when 2.1 drops I'll have another look at it, but for now GW2 is giving me what it is I'm currently looking for as far as MMOs go.

Not to mention, I just went out yesterday and bought the new Pokemon X/Y themed 3DS XL (red one) and Animal Crossing New Leaf, so there goes a good chunk of my time.