Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hows LOTRO doing?

MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
Been thinking about the game last few weeks, wondering how its doing, how are the populations? Was looking at Helms Deep, and it has a few nice new features, so might have to check out the game once its out.

Comments

• gunjinngunjinn Member Posts: 24
    logging now and then for free rewards. Imladris, barely see anyone, except for events. Still like the game, waiting for Helm's Deep but going to buy it when they will sell it for TPs.
  • ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182
    Brandywine is pretty active. There are quite a few people around from what I can see. I recently came back, I last played after Mirkwood came out. I'm really enjoying the game again, much more than I expected.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

Some servers are crowded (Brandywine, Menelador, Landroval, the german ones), some are pretty empty (Gilrain, Nimrodel).

But still way more crowded than it was when I started back in 2008. After leaving the Lonelands I literally never saw anyone, and that was on Landroval.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Yeh I just started up on the good ole BWyne, from EU timezone though but would rather play somewhere busy.
  • caelachcaelach Member UncommonPosts: 113
    I used to play this like crazy, but with nearly every move they make, it gets worse. These people truly don't know what they are doing. A couple of years ago there were a lot of people even on the less populated servers. Now they are ghost towns, except when they stage events. At this point many simply pop in to collect mounts. It's a shame to see fools degrade a game that could have been easily improved instead, into the best of the best.
  • BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827
    hmm how's it doing? hard to say.  Turbine stopped promoting that info after Mirkwood, started again with enedwaith then stopped again some time during late ROI early ROR. So officially no one really knows.  Talking with a couple friends who still play they feel it's contracting but that could be limited to them.   Any broad statement at this point game is growing game or is dyeing is based on purely subjective criteria unique to individuals.

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423
    She be on fumes my friend.
  • Sal1Sal1 Member UncommonPosts: 430
    This isn't helping the population of the game - http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/45/feature/7812/The-Curious-Case-of-Lord-of-the-Rings-Online.html "The lack of updates on this expansion was enough to make you wonder if this was coming out at all. Turbine seems to specialize in silence these days, so you might be forgiven for not knowing that LotRO license to the Tolkien-verse expires in 2014. When they announced this deal in 2008, they noted that there were “additional options to extend” until 2017 but there has been very little word on what that might mean. What’s more, Middle Earth Enterprises might not be inclined to agree to such an extension following a year of legal battles with parent-company, Warner Brothers."
  • HoiPoloiHoiPoloi Member UncommonPosts: 98

Despite all the gnashing of teeth about the F2P model, it seems to have kept the game pretty active.  This is a 6 year old game remember.

Recently started again on Brandy with my guild from GW2, and see lots of people.

Rithwis, Righteous Golem of Camelot | Skritha, Orc Archer of Tamriel | Bloodwod, Sawbones of Auraxis | Thrumdi, Blue Norn of Tyria | Gwidwod, Spider of the Ettenmoors | Gideon Slack, Hunter of Alsius