Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Archeage vs blackdesert

lucas12lucas12 Member Posts: 4

who win in you opinion? why?

Comments

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

Archeage due to ability to upload own images into the game world.. Seem about par on everything else.

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Don't know a lot about Black Deserts but it looks better then ArcheAge.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003
    Originally posted by Professor78

Archeage due to ability to upload own images into the game world.. Seem about par on everything else.

I would actually say that's a negative.

I don't want a starbucks in my game world. Or whatever other horror some players might try to create. I applaud the idea of players having creative control in theory but in practice they are just going to make the game world ugly. Provided that Trion allows this.

@op: who knows? We know very little of Black Desert. I would say for "look" I am going with Black Desert.

Until I find out that there are motor cars or some such thing. This is not to say I think ArcheAge is bad. Just not my taste.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

Pointless to compare them, yet, since here is no concrete info about BDO, most of them are "promises" and manipulated videos, while you can find everything about AA around fansites.

Im following both games since long time, and if i had to choose now it would be AA, the Korean beta of BDO is about to start (end of October, November), and then we will see the real "face" of the game, and we can judge it better.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by LlexX

Pointless to compare them, yet, since here is no concrete info about BDO, most of them are "promises" and manipulated videos, while you can find everything about AA around fansites.

Im following both games since long time, and if i had to choose now it would be AA, the Korean beta of BDO is about to start (end of October, November), and then we will see the real "face" of the game, and we can judge it better.

Indeed, ArcheAge has been out well nearly a year already and black desert haven't even had the first beta yet. Black desert videos are so manipulated and cinematic can't really make any conclusion about those. There was a short gameplay video though, but it was hard to see what was happening since it was recorded from a distance.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• lucas12lucas12 Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by Sovrath

I don't want a starbucks in my game world. Or whatever other horror some players might try to create. I applaud the idea of players having creative control in theory but in practice they are just going to make the game world ugly. Provided that Trion allows this.

@op: who knows? We know very little of Black Desert. I would say for "look" I am going with Black Desert.

Until I find out that there are motor cars or some such thing. This is not to say I think ArcheAge is bad. Just not my taste.

really the car are nonsense but the import objet are very good

• Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91

ArcheAge -> 2014

Black Desert -> 2016/2017

Discussion over!

• DeathmachinePTDeathmachinePT Member UncommonPosts: 119
    Originally posted by Informer80

ArcheAge -> 2014

Discussion over!

Yup I will try them both.

ASROCK Z97 E-ITX 
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz+KrakenX41
    Gigabyte 1070 8GB Mini OC
    16GB Crucial 1333mhz 1.3V
    SWG 8 Year Vet, WW2OL 8 Year Vet.
    Aka Darksparrow Rancorheart(tempest/farstar), Fxmkorp

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by lucas12

who win in you opinion? why?

Blackdesert imo. Game doesn't have as many if any immersion breakers.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• zaraki7zaraki7 Member Posts: 3

Archeage for sure.

the only thing that the black desert have and Archeage don't have is the climatic effects... so archeage have much more things more baultiful graphics and much epic.

ArcheAge -> 2014

Discussion over!

fail, black desert reached more than 80% of total potential.

the beta will leave in 2013 and the legit will leave in 2014 korea.  and in NA will leave average in 2015 or 2016

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Black Desert looks nice, but it's mostly on paper.

Watching the trailer for BD gave me a headache with all the blur effects zoom in/ out every time something happened during combat.  I'd be grateful if the game allowed those effects to be turned off, and if 2 types of trailers were released - one with excessive blur's and one without.  As it is, I'd prefer ArcheAge combat hands down.

Plus ArcheAge is coming out much sooner (if Trion finishes restructuring that is).

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Betaguy
    Originally posted by lucas12   who win in you opinion? why?
    Blackdesert imo. Game doesn't have as many if any immersion breakers.

Neither did Archeage a couple years ago.
  • Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91
    Originally posted by zaraki7

the beta will leave in 2013 and the legit will leave in 2014 korea.  and in NA will leave average in 2015 or 2016

Then name the NA publisher, please?

Oh, you can`t, little failboy?

Then i guess without a publisher for NA there will be no NA version until the publisher is revealed. Even with a publisher it will take up to two years until NA release :P

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Then i guess without a publisher for NA there will be no NA version until the publisher is revealed. Even with a publisher it will take up to two years until NA release :P

EA doesn't have a sandbox in their portfolio .. there ya go!

EA likes MMORPG's that give people headaches.  A good evaluation, since EA is in a better position to buy a company now than they were a year or 2 ago.  They are probably hungry to do so... hungrier with every passing moment ...

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

no matter when it comes for NA , and is only a probably at this time...

but the full legit complete 100% black desert game will leave in 2014 on orient

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

The force is strong with Archage.

BD has to prove thats a working game at this point whereas Archage is already released with all promised features.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• GabiruGabiru Member UncommonPosts: 63

Archeage was released in January, almost 1 year ago, by the time Trion releases the game on the west it will be too late already, more then one year to translate a game, I think they have given up or they don't care.

About black desert we'll see what drama will happen.

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

ArcheAge -> 2014

Discussion over!

Exactly.

• capatais777capatais777 Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Shadanwolf

ArcheAge -> 2014

Discussion over!

Exactly.

to come to america? you have 100% correct fountain confirmed and oficial? i need both games !!

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Been following ArcheAge for years, but sadly now it looks like it will be a game to pass some time until Black Desert releases.
  • capatais777capatais777 Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by wizyy
    Been following ArcheAge for years, but sadly now it looks like it will be a game to pass some time until Black Desert releases.

what you want mean with this?

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424

Totally agree with this. Archeage looks fun but I feel being able to build just about whatever you want will totally throw me out of the immersion if only they would have left it at gliders and epic sea battles but now we have motorcars and Starbucks.

So Black Desert gets my vote.

• cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak

Totally agree with this. Archeage looks fun but I feel being able to build just about whatever you want will totally throw me out of the immersion if only they would have left it at gliders and epic sea battles but now we have motorcars and Starbucks.

So Black Desert gets my vote.

Being able to build w/e you want is better than not being able to build at all.

Housing in black desert is in static/limited places and you will pretty much lose your house after 3 months regardless if you pay your upkeep or not..

• wizyywizyy Member UncommonPosts: 629
    Originally posted by capatais777
    Originally posted by wizyy

what you want mean with this?

I mean I loved the game how it looked at start - mix-and-match class system, exploration without any loading screens, naval combat, Kraken, sieges, open world PvP and even farming.

What I seriously dislike is the recent tendency for goofy and completely out of place things like bikinis, race cars, french maid costume, brick instead of head and the ability to put your own pictures which lead to things like Starbucks and will lead (at western release) to so many obscene pictures that GMs will have to dedicate all their time to remove those pictures and won't have time for helping players.