Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Black desert new videos! =)

renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728

A lot of videos on Black Desert have been released recently as CBT approaches on October 17th 2013 and concludes October 23rd 2013.

The videos were recorded in such low resolution :/

BLACK DESERT DAILY GAME FEATURES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS9T-1nBNR8

BLACK DESERT RANGER GAMEPLAY

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
Add Multi-Quote

Comments

• skyline385skyline385 Member Posts: 564
    Dunno if there is any point in getting excited about this game, it might never even come to NA/EU and even if we are lucky, it might still take another 2 years to come.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    ^Edited,now  the links are showing properly.

Basically clicking away text windows ruins every MMO, try to have fun instead of rushing things. Without story and lore all there is left is a bunch of mechanics.
    Add Multi-Quote

• crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Astonishingly good looking game. Clearly, the developers didn't get the memo that MMOs need to look like shitty cartoons so that they don't look dated 5 years after release. Or maybe they got the memo, had a little chuckle, and put it in the bin.  
  • asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by rensta

A lot of videos on Black Desert have been released recently as CBT approaches on October 17th 2013 and concludes October 23rd 2013.

The videos were recorded in such low resolution :/

BLACK DESERT DAILY GAME FEATURES

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS9T-1nBNR8

BLACK DESERT RANGER GAMEPLAY

Thanks mate.

• renstarensta Member RarePosts: 728
    My pleasure =)

Add Multi-Quote

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    It's the main alternative to Archeage. When both be in the market i will have serious doubts about which to play.

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

Very good graphics but the combat was literally(and I do mean that) PAINFUL to watch.

The screen shaking and flashes when a hit occurs was terrible.

Im guessing there are options to turn those effects off but any promotional video featuring those effects will turn away potential customers.

• LeemadoLeemado Member Posts: 8
    Originally posted by maccarthur2004
    It's the main alternative to Archeage. When both be in the market i will have serious doubts about which to play.

Both games look pretty neat. I think Black Desert graphics look better (amazing really) but ArcheAge class system sounds great! can wait to try it out.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Wow, I loved the Rangers animations. That character creation looked pretty sweet too

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

I love the look of this game also.  The world rendering is stunning.  Some of the characters are just a little too perfect looking for my tastes but at least they have a realistic quality, versus the anime look.    And no steampunk vehicles is a big plus.

Looking forward to this a bit more than Archage, although I think I am getting too old for combat in MMO's now.   I just can't get excited about split second animations and flashy explosions and leaping and dodging backrolls and frontlips.  Throw in the flashy explosions and it all gets pretty tiresome rather than awesome after awhile.

Hopelfully there will be much more in crafting and exploring, although exploring generally requires combat.

Great looking world anyway, waiting to see what it holds.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

Thanks. I would have loved this game if only I hadn't seen the combat. It's way too fast-paced and flashy for my taste. I mean, you see how fast the ranger spit out those arrows? That action-based, fast-paced combat is similar to to NeverWinter in every respect (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9uEtY9PjvY); in fact so much so that if you showed me these videos without telling me where they were from I would have totally said it's from NW.

The gameplay illustrated by these videos unfortunately flies in the face of the realistic cinematic video which looked astounding (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNFSw107MQs). I knew it was too good to be true.

Ultimately I don't see this game making any waves in the genre. Not as long as it plays like a NW clone.

Hype = Lost.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by crack_fox
    Astonishingly good looking game. Clearly, the developers didn't get the memo that MMOs need to look like shitty cartoons so that they don't look dated 5 years after release. Or maybe they got the memo, had a little chuckle, and put it in the bin.  

Well for all we know it might look dated already when it finally launches here in the west.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Very good graphics but the combat was literally(and I do mean that) PAINFUL to watch.

The screen shaking and flashes when a hit occurs was terrible.

Im guessing there are options to turn those effects off but any promotional video featuring those effects will turn away potential customers.

Yep. Screen shaking is a decent effect, but using it for every single hit makes my head hurt. Still, most games allow you to turn it off.

Other than that, looks good visually. Of course, there's more to RPG combat than pretty visuals.

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Too much camera effect, but awesome combat, awesome graphics.
  • maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by Boneserino

Some of the characters are just a little too perfect looking for my tastes

This phrase above fits as a ultimate proof that is IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone in any thing or situation.

• gustavozgustavoz Member Posts: 3

the combat look much like tera

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871

I looked at the video again and just came to the realization that this is actually Tekken 7!

Compare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrimJqfJUPk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NqqX9QuUR4

Seriously this game is the epitome of Korean beat-em-ups. Don't know bout you but Street Fighter X Tekken adapted to an MMO is NOT what I was hoping for.

HUGE letdown!!

This is what happens when a freakin CINEMATIC trailer is allowed to drive hype.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Awesome game and love the combat. Hope this one does not take as long as ArcheAge to release in the west.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Thank you, looks great. I hope this is not another eye candy mmo though. I would love to get more details.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Thank you, looks great. I hope this is not another eye candy mmo though. I would love to get more details.

Wouldn't we all?

Black Desert = good game on the dawing board ..implementation?

Yeah, and this game is hyped, without people even knowing what the hell they are hyping.  Similar to EverQuest Next, though with less hype.

We can only hope they find what they are looking for ...

Though, really.... sometimes people have to take a step back.

Back to the level, the gameplay vid's suck ass .. they keep doing that zoon in/out blur effect everytime there is a hit PVE or PVP..  .. is that really necessary?  Someone in charge really needs to re-think that, because it is quite stupid (and inductive of a head-ache)

This game could be so much.   As a sandbox game with those attack mechanisms?  I THINK NOT!  It's more of an annoyance than an ajoyance.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• danielwarsongdanielwarsong Member Posts: 5

this game is supposed to be medieval , and have le pakour and thsi movements like powerrangers?

shame breack immersion trhough

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Originally posted by danielwarsong

this game is supposed to be medieval , and have le pakour and thsi movements like powerrangers?

shame breack immersion trhough

So you are saying no one had ever thought of Parkour in the medieval days? What do you call the running, scaling, and other maneuvers thieves and assassin's may have done?

• moura23moura23 Member Posts: 3

in this game you can create farm where you want or you buy the farm? will have ship for traveling in seas?

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by moura23

in this game you can create farm where you want or you buy the farm? will have ship for traveling in seas?

No farms or ships atm. There are plenty of sea around the continent so maybe ships in the future, but I doubt it.

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube