Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Recapping The Tokyo Game Show

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix and the Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn team were on hand at the Tokyo Game Show recently with some new game information. We've got a full report on everything we learned from TGS so keep reading before heading to the comments to chat.

Before the show even began Square Enix threw out a little tease to the world. They would have a Titan Challenge. But not only would they have a challenge but if the players at the show won, the players all over the world could win. For each team that defeated Titan they were allowed to draw the name of one world out of a box. That world would win a pair of Cactuar Earrings. When I first read this all I could think about is how much whining and crying there would be on the servers that did not win a set of earrings. (I may or may not have joined in on that whining). Much to my delight every server ending up winning a set of earrings. In fact they even added Bomb earrings into the mix and another 61 groups of players beat Titan and ever world won those earring as well. Keep an eye on your mailbox because you should all see a set of these earrings arrive in your mail soon. I do not normally care for just pure fluff items, but when I do it is usually of the iconic FF variety.

Read more of Rob Lashley's Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Recapping The Tokyo Game Show.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• EndoRobotoEndoRoboto Member Posts: 275
    Purrr purrr meowww
  • coraphisecoraphise Member UncommonPosts: 11
    So... does that mean every character got a set of earrings? I haven't been able to log on the past few days, hoping to this evening.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by coraphise
    So... does that mean every character got a set of earrings? I haven't been able to log on the past few days, hoping to this evening.
    I think so. I'll have to check when I get home!
  • coraphisecoraphise Member UncommonPosts: 11

If it does turn out that we all get this, that's a nice surprise to come back to.

Thanks and congrats to those that did the Titan challenge! :)

• GrakulenGrakulen Staff WriterMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 894
    We all get them but they haven't been given out yet.
  • ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Now if only they gave a Soul Bind boost.
  • ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Sweet all those people complaining that Crystal Tower will be too easy will be in for a shock when they find out everyone outside of their own party will be a bunch of randoms.

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Foomerang are you Mr Bungle on Exodus by chance? :)

Joined - July 2004

• ShadanwolfShadanwolf Member UncommonPosts: 2,392

OP

thanks for the report

I look toward to the day when you have details on Frontline

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    Heh, I've always wondered if Foom's avatar is credited to Bungle or just happenstance.

Foom, inquiring minds want to know.

Originally posted by remyburke

hehe no (bonus points for you though)
    I'm Coy Rabbit on Adamantoise :)

Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley Heh, I've always wondered if Foom's avatar is credited to Bungle or just happenstance. Foom, inquiring minds want to know.
    Disco Volante was awesome as was the self titled debut and California.

Goodbye sober day.

Of course its Disco Volante :) That album had a huge influence on how I write music.
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Aldous.Huxley
    Heh, I've always wondered if Foom's avatar is credited to Bungle or just happenstance.

Foom, inquiring minds want to know.

Disco Volante was awesome as was the self titled debut and California.

Goodbye sober day.

"Mendel's machines replicate in the night

in the black iron prison of St. Augustine's light..."

Great album. Disco Volante is one of those "gotta be in the right mood for it" deals for me. Mr. Bungle I can listen to pretty much when ever.

It's sad they broke up.

As for the article. I'm still ambivalent about the cross-over stuff. And now they want to bring in Dragon Warrior stuff? So, it's not even staying within the FF series? So, basically, FFXIV is going to become a cross-over marketing platform for SE's other games? Not sure I like that.

• CypeqCypeq Member Posts: 66
    I think asian / europen / usa gaming cultures were much closer few years back, either it's me or asian games just become weirder and weirder with each year. I find almost all titles created out there unplayable just on ascetic level.
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by remyburke

hehe no (bonus points for you though)
    I'm Coy Rabbit on Adamantoise :)

For me it was Bungle's Self-Titled release that changed both my taste in music, and my brain chemistry forever.

Joined - July 2004