Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] ArcheAge: RU Gonna Play?

Comments

• penekpenek Member Posts: 4

few conclusions after podcast with mail.ru ~15minits ago

Solo playing - Dead

Small group playing - Dead

Pirates ? - Dead

Fishing - Dead

Twinks will grab all real estate

Bots? Still be there

Korea 5000 labor points, RU premium 3000 > 2k go to people who don't pay, 1 guy with premium "support" x4 free leechers.

For premium you get "enough" (40) arks to pay rent for scarecrow + house + farm (but hey! au only for arks, and if you want bigger bags > you need moar arks. Arks also will be given as reward from some quests in addition to real money
    aid bosses

and just check this> guild donate> quickly get best siege weapons, gear and etc = guess who gonna win at siege? (hint, guys with bigger wallet)

• jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560
    archeage korea and china are making lots of money with f2p model even though the  game is still in beta there. heard from a chinese friend that publisher are renting game real estate to players, players explore and find suitable place for building their own home; which can even be turned into cities, then they buy space from publisher and create whatever they like. and the publisher also charge monthly for that space. those who wants open world housing to be mainstream this is just their game but will they be paying the enormous amount of money(at least in china) to keep their city?    

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200

I have to correct myself about calling it a World-wide model, since new infos came to the surface.

XLGames created 2 payment models for the game, P2P and F2P, Mail.ru choose the F2P version, and as you can see it looks like this.

Mail.ru sent the petition to XLGames "Your petition was referred to the developers." gratz for Russia for the resistance.

Now about this F2P model, those who are saying that it's good, they just don't know shit about how things work in the game, you just can't expect a healthy economy with this system,   im not going to write down again why is this system awful, if you want to know more, you can check it on AAsource.

• alkarionlogalkarionlog Member EpicPosts: 3,584
    Originally posted by jesteralways
    archeage korea and china are making lots of money with f2p model even though the  game is still in beta there. heard from a chinese friend that publisher are renting game real estate to players, players explore and find suitable place for building their own home; which can even be turned into cities, then they buy space from publisher and create whatever they like. and the publisher also charge monthly for that space. those who wants open world housing to be mainstream this is just their game but will they be paying the enormous amount of money(at least in china) to keep their city?    

so youa re saying arche age is the biggest money grab scam of this decade?

and serious that is why we don't get any good MMO for years, they make cash grabs, not even hide this fact anymore, with half the effort they did before, just toss a pretty skin on it and all you guys give your money saying they deserve for half work they did? serious even SWTOR ahve a better f2p plan then this....

when players will learn?

FOR HONOR, FOR FREEDOM.... and for some money.
    everyone this days make cash grabs, FPSStrategyAction games, not only MMO's (just look at all that game series from EAActivision)
    Originally posted by LlexX

XLGames created 2 payment models for the game, P2P and F2P, Mail.ru choose the F2P version, and as you can see it looks like this.

its only mai.ru words, which pretty much all lie (you really think XL will give away contract details from deal with Trion, to mail.ru?)

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Originally posted by Razeekster

If this is a "world-wide" model count me and I'm sure many players out. Either make it buy to play with a cash shop like Guild Wars 2, F2P with a cash shop, or subscription based with no cash shop. 

The Russian model is ridiculous.

EDIT: To add onto this because people seem to be confused as I see comments like "This model looks pretty good to me" do you really want to compete with guilds that have the ability to level up all their members to lvl 50 through this system if they fork out enough cash? Because I do believe that was lost upon a quite a few people from the posts that I am seeing.

Indeed, and the gameplay will be equally bad if it's not localized in the slightest.

Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    It's taking so long for this game to launch here in the US, I doubt its relevance.  They better be bringing a special game to the table to compete with what's coming down the line.  This game should have launched this year, IMO.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by XilentStorm

If this is a "world-wide" model count me and I'm sure many players out. Either make it buy to play with a cash shop like Guild Wars 2, F2P with a cash shop, or subscription based with no cash shop. 

EDIT: To add onto this because people seem to be confused as I see comments like "This model looks pretty good to me" do you really want to compete with guilds that have the ability to level up all their members to lvl 50 through this system if they fork out enough cash? Because I do believe that was lost upon a quite a few people from the posts that I am seeing.

Indeed, and the gameplay will be equally bad if it's not localized in the slightest.

Trion did state that they were not going to localize (aka dumb down) the content.  However the jury is still out as to what the payment model will end up being for the English version.

Perhaps P2W is acceptable in Russia, but it would most certainly not go over well for NA / EU.

While, Mail.RU put buying labor points flat-out on the table, it still should be noted that it isn't Live yet (merely beta soon).  Trion should use this time to take some really good notes!

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

Nope. I have FFXIV, ESO and EQNext. No point to play this translated  korean game that will be a huge disappointment.

They missed the boat, this should have come out way before the other 3 games if they wanted to get a good amount of players.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• Deathgod881Deathgod881 Member UncommonPosts: 104
    probably going to at least try it

"Let destruction rain!" from Asbel Tales of Graces f

• BacchiraBacchira Member Posts: 50
    I get the feeling that Trion will be tinkering with this game for so long that everyone will have forgotten what the heck Archeage is when it's finally released in the west...

• ImmundissimeImmundissime Member Posts: 1

Hello guys, I'm from Russia to say some things about this system:

- Arks can be get from OW Raid Bosses (small quantity), from 1-2 not-repeatable quests (small quantity) and by donate for real money and there's no other way (do u smell what is the main source for them? :))

-Arks are the main in-game value (so as "old" gold is needed to buy NPC items and to repair - gold can't be even given to other player, it's not tradeable)

Arks are used in auction as a main currency (items are sold for arks and 10% tax after selling item is in arks too)

Arks are also used for rent taxes (for houses/farms and etc)

- Some elements of game are dead. As an example pirates are totally off game. Packs of items can be sold on Trade Island only for "Ancient Gold" (Delphi Gold), which is used for drawings and high-level craft.

There are many other changes and most of them seem to be "pay2win". Even inventory expansion is done for Arks (= real money).

Well-known russian gamers community (GoHa.ru) is mostly going to wait for Euro release by Trion as we think Russian AA is going to be dead by the start. And we hope Trion is not going to choose Russian model for their servers.

• I don't care which model they use - as long as subscriptions aren't necessary to log in. 

It's not about ME being stingy. It's simply a huge hassle to convince ALL of your friends to dish out money monthly, else you all can't play together. 

With any kind of "Hey, it's free to come spend some time with me" model, all I have to do to get someone to try a game is convince them to download it. 

Also, I have NO problem paying oodles of cash for housing decor. My favorite thing to spend money on. Rift owns a portion of my paycheck every time they release a new bed type or candle.

• HighMarshalHighMarshal Member UncommonPosts: 414
    Originally posted by Karteli
    Originally posted by XilentStorm

Trion did state that they were not going to localize (aka dumb down) the content.  However the jury is still out as to what the payment model will end up being for the English version.

Perhaps P2W is acceptable in Russia, but it would most certainly not go over well for NA / EU.

While, Mail.RU put buying labor points flat-out on the table, it still should be noted that it isn't Live yet (merely beta soon).  Trion should use this time to take some really good notes!

I believe World of Tanks is Russian and P2W and they made enough money to make two more games.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Just because it is the Russian model does not mean it will be used in the West.  If fact I really do not see Trion using this funding method at all.  It seems to me that the funding method will be up to Trion as they are the localizer.  Why would the locatization be taking so long if they were not doing their own funding model?

I think this is a lot of angst over nothing.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Bacchira
    I get less excited for this game every time I hear something new...

I was going to agree, but then I remembered I don't think I can get much less excited about this game.  Shame, it was one I showed to friends early on when we were waiting for something to play, now that the ideas are actually being implemented, they look boring, regardless of payment model.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by Bacchira
    I get less excited for this game every time I hear something new...

I was going to agree, but then I remembered I don't think I can get much less excited about this game.  Shame, it was one I showed to friends early on when we were waiting for something to play, now that the ideas are actually being implemented, they look boring, regardless of payment model.  It just took too long and there are better looking games on the horizon, and heck, even out already.

• InporylemQQInporylemQQ Member Posts: 165
    Btw it's Inporylem with n. 

ArcheAge, Black Desert and Bless videos InporylemQQ Youtube

• RandomCasualtyRandomCasualty Member UncommonPosts: 327

I'm all over it as I try everything. I'll ignore the James Dean race cars and Beach Blanket Bingo parties and focus on what I enjoy

That is if it makes it over to NA in the next 365 days. After that it will old and crusty with newer titles and ideas to get excited about

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

will i play? mmmmh not as a sub-only game. If it has both b2p with cash shop and p2p option then yes i will play it.

idc about Russians or anyone else playing. Let everyone play. ITs an mmo, stop limiting the playerbase.

• VejaVeja Member Posts: 2

Hi, guys, and i'm 2 from Russia. And i'm not like this hysterical insulting guys, who deals that "petition" (For what - many of peoples don't understand). Let's face this problem. Mail.ru have very bad reputation in Russia (i think someone know, that is the reason for this - Allods Online, p2w game (but this game don't be good at start - It has already developed like that)) and this system from XLGames in their performed quite simply lifted wave shit and inveterate hatred. Now, in Russia, we have no any information (and mail.ru too - they have only designer announcement - they have no build, have no anything - only words in paper), except the one that is at mail.ru announced Most probably fishing, but no information yet too), some quest's (for big scarecrow - 100%) and to territory owner on the north for rent (at 100%, and rated by THE KING NAME :) in the factions)

3) Old gold (bop) - all NPC items like seeds and other stuff, repair (don't know about vehicle), creating faction. Where to get - classic :)

4) Delphi stars (bop) (gold? I don't know, sry) transfers for d.dust (boe) and now obtained in all endgame craft's (more, that 200 item's. All siege vehicle have it in recipe), in siege auction.

We have no information about sources for Arks which were not included in the list (really - we have only 5-15% amount of inf), have no information 4ut rates/amount's and others. This is still in development in Corean and mail.ru give as information when they receive a build with this (If you don't know - we have no date for start to CBT =)) But this idiot's sparked a big conflict and when they do not have support from others (7k peoples against 350k subs for CBT. I don't think, that is real number, but not less that 170k real gamers) - going to you =)

• VejaVeja Member Posts: 2

Sry, some glich with comment: 1) Crystall: buy: painting (houses/ships/cloak), transf between servers, arks. Bought for real money 2) Arks (boe): buy: prop taxes, cosmetic things, labor point restoration items (whis cd, not at start - only when bug with it will be fixed in Corean), it's only acceptable money for player's exchange (with auction too. You can start auction for "old" gold, but 10% rent - in arks), like Age of wulin silver. Where: RB (have no information about amount, but from all and 100% droprate (still in dev, XLGames)), professions - and my first message you can read now =)

I am writing this with only one purpose - you do not know mail.ru and have an unbiased view of things. I guarantee you that now begin the claim that I was a spy from mail.ru - but who to believe - your business. When there is more information - I think I can share with you.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    That's why we have Wildstar .. 

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• yangdudeyangdude Member UncommonPosts: 72

One thing that really seems to stand out here in this thread is this.  No one has yet said "This is such and awesome game....blah blah blah.....but the payment model is blah blah blah."

Irrespective of the payment model, it isn't sounding like a good game which is quite sad and for me that's enough to say No Thanks.

Unless the future discussions after game release make trying the game irresistible, this will just be another 'could have been..', and like others have said, competition is very stiff - they need something polished will the right payment model or everyone will wait for all the other titles which are on their way.