Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Destiny: Pre-Order from Participating Retailers and Get Beta Access

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According the Amazon.com product page for Bungie's Destiny, folks preordering the MMOFPS from Amazon, or other authorized retailers, will get automatic access to the beta when it kicks off early in 2014. Currently the placeholder "release date" is June 30, 2014.

Pre-order "Destiny" and receive access to the upcoming beta. Beta will be available in early 2014 on the following platforms: PS4 system, PS3 system, Xbox One, and Xbox 360. Limited time only. While beta codes last. Internet connection is required. Amazon will email you your beta access code within 1 business days of you placing your pre-order. Offer valid when shipped and sold by Amazon.com. This offer will be extended to all existing pre-orders. Limited to one per customer order. Amazon reserves the right to change or terminate this promotion at any time. Here's how (restrictions apply) 

Find out more on the Destiny Amazon.com page.

The team also released a brand new trailer:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Shame there is not a PC version, are they boycotting the PC or is there going to be a PC version some time in the future?
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

If they want to sell this game they need to put it on a PC.   Of course the UI will be minimal since it was developed for a console, hence probably won't be that good on a PC so maybe it is better off they just stick to the console crowd.  Problem with the console crowd, they don't stick around.  A couple months at best on a game than off to the next one.  How are they going to keep people playing?

Consoles, gave away my last one and won't buy another. A good gaming PC already exceeds anything the new consoles will have and those will be the standard for the rest of us within a year or two.

• syltmackasyltmacka Member UncommonPosts: 404

is it only fps or can i see my toon at all, like 3 person view?

if not whats the point of gathering stuff if i cant see em?

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    No PC means no me.
  • Tenaka30Tenaka30 Member UncommonPosts: 84
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

If they want to sell this game they need to put it on a PC.   

This is a typical comment by a PC user.  It is however not based on fact whatsoever, pure understandable desire on your part, but not fact.

Proof that a game can sell without being on a PC?  GTA5.

The arguments you use, e.g. PCs are always a higher spec are the same tired arguments used over and over and only apply to those who actually buy the higher spec hardware, and ignore the rest who would also like a word.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Where is the Ps4 Destiny Special Edition console bundle pre order? I'm holding out on thesse consoles till I can get the Destiny SE.
  • lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Great, people rushing to pre-order. Sheep.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• JaifaimeJaifaime Member UncommonPosts: 4
    GameStop.com (and likely in-store) is offering the same beta access, right on their landing page. Just fwiw.
  • Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213
    Originally posted by Tenaka30

This is a typical comment by a PC user.  It is however not based on fact whatsoever, pure understandable desire on your part, but not fact.

The arguments you use, e.g. PCs are always a higher spec are the same tired arguments used over and over and only apply to those who actually buy the higher spec hardware, and ignore the rest who would also like a word.

Amen! I game primarily on PC, but I'm sick and tired of the attitude displayed by the 'glorious PC gaming master race'. Just bear in mind that the elitists only make up a small portion of the PC gaming community, the rest of us PC gamers are perfectly willing to acknowledge both the advantages & disadvantages of the different gaming platform.

Not to mention that several console exclusives are very much worth playing, such as Red Dead Redemption, Gears of War, The Last of Us, Ratchet and Clank, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Demon's Souls (though the sequel IS available on PC), God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Ascend: Hand of Kul (supposedly to be released on PC eventually, but for now a console exclusive), Valkyria Chronicles, Katamari Damancy, Heavy Rain, MG Rising: Revengeance, and many others both retail and PSN / XBL arcade games.

All of these games sold extremely well on consoles, most of them exclusively. Any gamer who misses one or several of these titles in favor of turning their nose up at the platform is, quite honestly, a complete and utter fool.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739

Not to be a hater, but I remember people clamoring about this and the Division or something like that, haven't looked at either, well until now, I looked at the trailer for Destiny now, and I don't get it....  This looks like a lot of other things out for the consoles...I could of missed a lot of features, since it was a trailer, but saw nothing to make me say, " I gotta have it!"

It is from the people that made Halo it says, so I imagine it will be solid, just didn't see the WOW!, that I was expecting.  I will now have to go watch something on Division, was just gonna wait till stuff was closer to launch, but has me curious now.

edit:  Ok, just watched game play on Division, looks more interesting to me than Destiny.

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Halo didnt try to wow you with graphics, it was just plain and simple red vs blue shooter that was a hell of a lot of fun. I think the expectation is that Destiny is halo on steroids
  • feena750feena750 Member UncommonPosts: 330
    On Amazon it says if you order before OCT 1, 2013 you get into beta.  I ordered today after seeing this so I am not sure if that will count.
  • ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Now this is going to be awesome. No mmos today can even compare to that kind of gameplay Bungie just showed us. Can't wait!!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

If they want to sell this game they need to put it on a PC.   Of course the UI will be minimal since it was developed for a console, hence probably won't be that good on a PC so maybe it is better off they just stick to the console crowd.  Problem with the console crowd, they don't stick around.  A couple months at best on a game than off to the next one.  How are they going to keep people playing?

Consoles, gave away my last one and won't buy another. A good gaming PC already exceeds anything the new consoles will have and those will be the standard for the rest of us within a year or two.

Yeah the console crowd never stuck around for Halo 1-3. Are you really serious ?

• cyriciancyrician Member UncommonPosts: 189

Console game , Don't care about it.

P.c gaming = next generation gaming 5 years sooner then console.

What they are finally where we were 5 years ago....

Console gaming makes my eyes bleed.....  Low resolution gaming.

( this is my personal view  and I am I titled to it.)

That and my g/f says no consoles......

Current games;
    Star treck online
    Rift
    Eve online
    Firefall

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Would sell millions more if PC was included.

Only fools throw money away.

Atleast Ubisoft is smart enough to bring The Division to PC aswell, that's where my money goes.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
    Originally posted by Fusion

This is true but wasn't the point.  The claim is that Consoles are not worth keeping the good games on because they are so inferior to the great and mighty PC.

Something that is patently false and clearly provable.

Originally posted by Swedish_Chef

Amen! I game primarily on PC, but I'm sick and tired of the attitude displayed by the 'glorious PC gaming master race'. Just bear in mind that the elitists only make up a small portion of the PC gaming community, the rest of us PC gamers are perfectly willing to acknowledge both the advantages & disadvantages of the different gaming platform.

Not to mention that several console exclusives are very much worth playing, such as Red Dead Redemption, Gears of War, The Last of Us, Ratchet and Clank, 3D Dot Game Heroes, Demon's Souls (though the sequel IS available on PC), God of War, Shadow of the Colossus, Ascend: Hand of Kul (supposedly to be released on PC eventually, but for now a console exclusive), Valkyria Chronicles, Katamari Damancy, Heavy Rain, MG Rising: Revengeance, and many others both retail and PSN / XBL arcade games.

All of these games sold extremely well on consoles, most of them exclusively. Any gamer who misses one or several of these titles in favor of turning their nose up at the platform is, quite honestly, a complete and utter fool.

This is a MMOFPS, a game that is considered a MMO, hence they expect people to keep playing.  Console players just do not do that, they play for a month or two and move on to the next game.  Their game population will be in the tank within 6 months.  Then what are they going to do?

Sure there have been decent solo console games that have sold well.  My point is that after the initial purchases their money is going to die out quickly.  This game is not even close to GTA standards.  There is a PC version of GTA5 coming too.

Originally posted by ThomasN7

Yeah the console crowd never stuck around for Halo 1-3. Are you really serious ?

This game is not even close to what Halo 1 was let alone Halo 3.  There are a lot better console games coming out this fall.

This game is not even close to what Halo 1 was let alone Halo 3.  There are a lot better console games coming out this fall.

You claimed that if the game had to sell it had to be on the PC which is where my GTA5 example came from.

You then claimed players wouldn't stick around which is where ThomasN7's Halo example came from.

Both examples are very good counters to your points imo.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    No thanks not giving them easy money they can have it once it finished if its good enough and if they want me to beta test then pay me bitch!!!

Asbo

• illutianillutian Member UncommonPosts: 343

How about instead of arguing about which platform, we start demanding platform-less games....especially now that both of the 'Major Players' Consoles are x86 architecture.

I shouldn't have to buy ANOTHER computer to play a game that this computer could easily play, just because a manufacturer threw some money the Dev's way.

Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

• OdenBladeOdenBlade Member UncommonPosts: 66
    Originally posted by Fusion

This is true but wasn't the point.  The claim is that Consoles are not worth keeping the good games on because they are so inferior to the great and mighty PC.

Something that is patently false and clearly provable.

That was exactly what this was about the point is they should not skip us pc players we are so many more when it comes to mmo / fps genre. a very big mistake, I should say.

• BuddyDudeBuddyDude Member UncommonPosts: 52

Typical console user, dismissive and only has one example, GTA5.  

Reality is PC gaming makes way more money. You include indie titles and AAA titles and all inbetween. 

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    Originally posted by Margrave
    No PC means no me.

Thousands of people are right there with you.