Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] Marvel Heroes: Sweet Christmas! It's Patch 1.3!

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Sweet Christmas! Marvel Heroes patch 1.3 dropped recently and we've got the all the details straight from the mouth of creative director Jeff "Doomsaw" Donais.

The Hero Synergy system was also added this update. This is a pretty interesting system that gives players further incentive to level up different characters. At levels 25 and 50, each hero will unlock a new passive bonus that can be toggled on via the new Achievements pane.  Want a boost to your max health? Toggle on the Hulk’s synergy. Want more special and rare item find? Lock in Deadpool’s synergy.

Read more of Michael Bitton's Marvel Heroes: Sweet Christmas! It's Patch 1.3!

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628
    Umm missing link to interview?
  • jack17jack17 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Yup Doomsaw normally says a lot more then this :-)
    There were 5 heroes at launch that didn't make it, Human Torch, Emma Frost, Luke Cage, Squirrel Girl and Nova.

Squirrel girl in 2 weeks, very nice and Gambit soon too cool.
    Originally posted by jack17
    There were 5 heroes at launch that didn't make it, Human Torch, Emma Frost, Luke Cage, Squirrel Girl and Nova.

Correct. Squirrel Girl and Nova aren't in yet and somewhere I read on MH site that Gambit was raised in priority (probably due to fan poll done months ago).

Yeah Gambit soon, and they are already taking about nightcrawler too so think he will be soon,
  • SuperGroverSuperGrover Member UncommonPosts: 31
    I understand that this game isn't for everyone (no game is) but Gazillion has done a great job of listening to the player base and updating Marvel Heroes. I have been playing games for a long time and don't ever remember a developer being so attentive to its players.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555
    Fixed the link. Thanks, Nadia!
    I haven't opened the Legendary Quests on any of my heroes yet (working on leveling a new one) but from the screenshot above it looks like its still a level "re-tread", i.e. "objectifying" the tasks that are already in that level, and being the completist, something I've done my first pass through the level/story mission?
  • RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Yeah they are doing great job so far but they really need to get rid of these terminals and concentrate  on  adding more to the world and expanding it.

Blue,red,yellow,green and who knows what other color terminals,they are all crap and gamebreakers that provide no value to the game but make it look even more beta.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395
    I thought this game was pretty awful at launch.  Doesn't sound like there's been that marked an improvement.   If you are not a Marvel fan is there any reason to be there? 

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• NildenNilden Member EpicPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by Arglebargle
    I thought this game was pretty awful at launch.  Doesn't sound like there's been that marked an improvement.   If you are not a Marvel fan is there any reason to be there? 

I am a huge Marvel fan and this game makes me weep like a small child who was just about to blow out the candles on their birthday cake but *BAM* someone steps right on it.

That's right this game is like having your birthday cake stepped on as a child.

"You CAN'T buy ships for RL money." - MaxBacon

"classification of games into MMOs is not by rational reasoning" - nariusseldon

Love Minecraft. And check out my Youtube channel OhCanadaGamer

Try a MUD today at http://www.mudconnect.com/ 

• TonySparkTonySpark Member Posts: 1

nope. and the only reason this game is still barely alive is due to the Marvel License.

like a said, crap community, two-faced Developers, broken game. And as of right now, game is unplayable since everyone is getting Disconnected. Something that could have been avoided if they put the patch in the freaking Test Center. Seriously, the devs are incompetent and when you point out what's wrong with their attitude, they act like children

• SuperGroverSuperGrover Member UncommonPosts: 31

The game has changed allot from launch anyone who says different is just a hater. Is it perfect ? No.

I find it fun and have really enjoyed the direction they are taking it. I know this mmorpg and I am suppose to just talk bad about games but truthfully, I think its fun.

• MMOcustomerMMOcustomer Member Posts: 1

The game has issues, but it has potential. If the game, under current leadership, continues down this rocky slope, then the game has no potential.

I have also seen Doomsaw change one players thread 'Smartest post of the day' when they were talking about people using a game mechanic and told them in the thread not to talk about it and closed it / deleted it very quickly.

He also personally warned a friend not to be negative anymore, despite my friends account having a clean bill of health with no flags. If he can't handle negative posts then he's in the wrong industry  and just maybe he should let the mods do the job they were hired to do and not mess it up.

With the amount of censoring that is going on in those forums at the moment I can only tell you that it's not a good sign.

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    This game will likely take the same route as Hellgate London. I mean, the guy who created this game created that one too.
  • EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

Squirrel Girl??????

Seriously. They added all the X-men classic and new in the game? All the avengers? What about the group thunderbolts? X-Factor?  Theres alot of Heroes in the marvel verse and Squirrel Girl???  All the years of my youth collecting comics and im glad I never got a issue with her in it I woulda droped Marvel and went DC.... errr on second thought Just woulda stuck with Image and Dark horse.

• Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213
    Originally posted by nilden

I am a huge Marvel fan and this game makes me weep like a small child who was just about to blow out the candles on their birthday cake but *BAM* someone steps right on it.

That's right this game is like having your birthday cake stepped on as a child.

Agreed. Someone compared this game to Hellgate: London, but I have to disagree. Hellgate was actually fun to play, this game isn't. It's basically a dumbed-down version of the excellent Marvel: Ultimate Alliance games with crappy graphics. Oh, and they made Dr. Doom sound like a fucking robot.

I'll also second the idea that Doomsaw is an unprofessional, antagonistic jackass who gets his jollies from bullying people on the forums & banning / ridiculing anybody who has anything negative to say, regardless of how constructively and / or politely worded it is.

David Brevik is okay, but Jeff Donais? Fuck that loser.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

The main issue I had with playing this game was when, after a while, I realized that Marvel Ultimate Alliance was the same thing except I got to play as four heros at once out of like, 20, while in this game, I could only play as one hero at once and had to buy the rest, mostly with RL cash. Sure, Ultimate Alliance cost cash to buy, too, but only as much as it costs to get like, 2 or 3 heros in this game.

Both games are multiplayer so even the social interaction aspect isn't exclusive to this game, really....

• SuperPanekiSuperPaneki Member Posts: 62
    I will start caring for this game, when they make it really massive. 5-man dungeons aren't a big deal nowadays, and the difficulty being set at stupid level is so disappointing.
  • gaeanprayergaeanprayer Member UncommonPosts: 2,341
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar

The main issue I had with playing this game was when, after a while, I realized that Marvel Ultimate Alliance was the same thing except I got to play as four heros at once out of like, 20, while in this game, I could only play as one hero at once and had to buy the rest, mostly with RL cash. Sure, Ultimate Alliance cost cash to buy, too, but only as much as it costs to get like, 2 or 3 heros in this game.

Both games are multiplayer so even the social interaction aspect isn't exclusive to this game, really....

I bought 3 heroes, I own 12. You do not need to buy them to play them. Eternity splinters drop at a very consistent rate that you can buy heroes with. All of mine came from the random hero box, with is 175 splinters (you can get that in a week of extremely casual playing or 2 days of intense play), and you can buy specific heroes if you want though it's more expensive (200-600 depending on who it is)

"Forums aren't for intelligent discussion; they're for blow-hards with unwavering opinions."

• MitaraMitara Member UncommonPosts: 755
    I dont understand why this game is featured on MMORPG. Sure it is online, you can shoot stuff, but other than that this really more in category with diablo 3, which isnt an mmorpg either. I am sure most people here can see the difference between Ultima Online and this game. So Why?
  • TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953
    Actually based on Ingame discussion & observation Iron Fist is everyones favourite hero for hire, not cage.