Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why so much hype about this game, what new features does it have?

13»

Comments

• kyssarikyssari Member Posts: 142
    The whole idea of mob/npc migration contributing to a world that actually constantly and permanently changes to great degrees kinda has me interested and uh, yeah, is kinda new lol. Every game I've seen to date has static spawns set in one spot and bam, there they are, for ever, nothing ever changes. The fact that destroying a camp of orcs or whatever mobs a few times will cause them to say "hey, this place isnt safe anymore lets relocate" is pretty awesome imo, we'll just have to wait and see how well they actually implement it. Then when you add to that the fact that a lot of quest events you may stumble across in the world are the same way, causing everyones gameplay experience to be completely different and makling it so you cant simply google how or where to get something specific and then just go do it but rather have to discover for it yourself, I'm so down with that.
  • CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by Fangrim
    The one hot bar 8 ability was all i needed to see to know I won't touch this game,its like playing a game of chess against Garry Kasparov and seeing you start with 3 pawns a king and 1 bishop.

After playing EQ2 where you more than fill up 3 banks of hot keys before level 20, I don't have any problem with a sparse keybank. What I find annoying is handcuffing the players with "4 are dictated by your weapon choice, the rest can be whatever you want". Hotbar choice should be entirely freeform. And if you hose yourself by getting into a fight with no weapon abilities equipped, tough: you should have thought of that before.

• Ender4Ender4 Member UncommonPosts: 2,247

8 is definitely too few but once you reach about 20 you have too many (not counting buffs), it becomes more annoying than fun after that. It will definitely be something worth monitoring.

• FangrimFangrim Member UncommonPosts: 616
    Originally posted by CasualMaker
    The one hot bar 8 ability was all i needed to see to know I won't touch this game,its like playing a game of chess against Garry Kasparov and seeing you start with 3 pawns a king and 1 bishop.

After playing EQ2 where you more than fill up 3 banks of hot keys before level 20, I don't have any problem with a sparse keybank. What I find annoying is handcuffing the players with "4 are dictated by your weapon choice, the rest can be whatever you want". Hotbar choice should be entirely freeform. And if you hose yourself by getting into a fight with no weapon abilities equipped, tough: you should have thought of that before.

I loved EQ2 combat and at 95 i have no problem using 4-6 hot bars,no global cool down,every ability has its own timer from 1 second up to 15 minutes and you can queue your next attack.I stopped playing after  8 years because it has turned into a solo quest then raid game,a real shame but hey 8 years in an MMORPG is what is good.

I just need a game to play for years not the throw away games that are made now :(

Edit: In combat I use in general just 4 hot bars, 5 counting temporary buffs.I have others on the screen but they are for mounts,potions,call home and emotes,fireworks,snowballs et cetera :)

• mysticalunamysticaluna Member UncommonPosts: 265
    Yeah, I can't wait to hear more about it all I know is building stuff with landmark and destructable environments to open up new quest giving npcs... 
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    There are a lot of reasons for EQN might be a great game (and I say a very skeptical and careful "might be"), but it's very obvious that the OP isn't looking for answers, he's only looking to shoot down the game because for some unfathomable reason it irritates him that the game it's getting so much more popular hype than the games he has chosen to hype instead. Well OP, tough look. When you want answers, ask properly instead of using that 12 years old passive/aggressive tone, or even better, type it on Google. You might be surprised with what you'll find.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• XthosXthos Member UncommonPosts: 2,739
    Originally posted by CasualMaker

I would of loved either a happy medium, or atleast 8 skills, none linked to a weapon.  I usually play a caster, so I am very skeptical of how they will make it so I am not bored to death.  I mean they could put 4 spells on my weapons, as a caster, but if the same type of weapon does the same thing for everyone, that will leave me with like 1-2 damage spells, with their system.  I cannot see me liking that.  That is why I say 8 skills/spells, not tied to a weapon.  Then you could atleast have the gameplay options for a caster of EQ1.

I am on the fence, and I can see most things falling for or against, so I know I will have to wait and see, so no sense in railing against systems I do not know how they will work in the end.  I am hopeful that I like it in the end, as I played EQ1 for like 8 years or so, and not a big fan of most the stuff coming out now.