Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Interview] EverQuest II: Will You Answer the Hero’s Call?

13»

Comments

• RogoshRogosh MIPosts: 182Member Uncommon
    nOpe

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• syriinxsyriinx New York, NYPosts: 1,063Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Riposte.This
    lol, wtf experience old content? This game has no one to experience the old content with, and even when people join the game, or make a new character they just get power leveled to max level and never really pay attention to their spells etc anyways. End game is really all that there is left to this game, and it sucks because I personally love EQ2.

This is exactly why they did this.  No one levels the right way anymore.  Its all pling.  i find it disgusting, but it is what it is.

On AB (and probably freeport) if you work at it you can get groups sometimes for low/mid level stuff, but not reliably.  And forget about it on the rest of the servers.

• AsamofAsamof La Canada, CAPosts: 738Member Uncommon
    Looks like SOE is getting desperate.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon

Epic fail...

Returned to the simple WoW, and could not even play my old level characters, because they had to much abbilities to remember...

The leveling process is the only way to learn how to play your character in games that cater dozens of spells and abbilities for every class.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Den HelderPosts: 9,065Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Vandalica
    SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games after the theft of the DCUO especially by  ProSiebenSat.1 Games never with these companies. He wiped almost all appeals from his forum. And the problems are solved by the ban most players who complained.   ProSiebenSat.1 Games the worst company ever.

What did they do to DCUo?

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• NadiaNadia Canonsburg, PAPosts: 11,866Member Common
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus
    Originally posted by Vandalica
    SOE and ProSiebenSat.1 Games after the theft of the DCUO especially by  ProSiebenSat.1 Games never with these companies. He wiped almost all appeals from his forum. And the problems are solved by the ban most players who complained.   ProSiebenSat.1 Games the worst company ever.

What did they do to DCUo?

one Euro players experience

http://www.shelfabuse.com/column/dcuo/

it didnt go over well and  SOE acknowledged the DCUO problems

http://eq2wire.com/2012/08/17/prosiebensat-1-multiple-accounts-authenticators-and-remote-access/

• syriinxsyriinx New York, NYPosts: 1,063Member Uncommon

The leveling process is the only way to learn how to play your character in games that cater dozens of spells and abbilities for every class.

this is 100% false.

In fact, in most games you play your character completely different while leveling and only use a fraction of your skills. EQ2 especially.

And you have more than enough gameplay time to learn a EQ2 heroic character before you hit max level.  Its just a LOT of reading abilities up front.

• TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,207Member Uncommon

Epic fail...

Returned to the simple WoW, and could not even play my old level characters, because they had to much abbilities to remember...

So you're telling me if you were handed a fully leveled, geared, and traited character that you couldn't figure out how to play it a couple of weeks or so? You're saying you could never figure out how to play that character. Couldn't you read all your skill descriptions (maybe write them down if you're confused), arrange them how you want, and then practice on easy mobs until you got the hang of it?

I've never thought MMO gameplay was really that hard. People keep saying how impossible this is, but I find that hard to believe. I'm almost tempted to auto-level a character to test this out.

• quseioquseio stevens, PAPosts: 222Member
    did they remove the stupid prestige gear limitation on ftp players ? cause thats what drove me off
  • TygranirTygranir Colordo Springs, COPosts: 741Member
    Originally posted by quseio
    did they remove the stupid prestige gear limitation on ftp players ? cause thats what drove me off

Yup. No gear restrictions at all for FTP players.

SWTOR Referral Bonus!
    Referral link
    7 day subscriber level access
    Returning players get 1 free server transfer

Leveling assistance items given to new player!

See all perks Here

• JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Epic fail...

So you're telling me if you were handed a fully leveled, geared, and traited character that you couldn't figure out how to play it a couple of weeks or so? You're saying you could never figure out how to play that character. Couldn't you read all your skill descriptions (maybe write them down if you're confused), arrange them how you want, and then practice on easy mobs until you got the hang of it?

I've never thought MMO gameplay was really that hard. People keep saying how impossible this is, but I find that hard to believe. I'm almost tempted to auto-level a character to test this out.

It just doesn´t feel right.

I just created a test heroic character today and after about 15 mins I logged out and deleted it again.

It just doesn´t feel right to me. Like it wasn´t my character at all. It felt pointless and boring. Instantly having a lvl85 character, With full legendary gear, items and flying Mount.

I Guess each to their own. I rather Level up a New char from scratch and face half empty zones, then this heroic Money grab Garbage for the Instant gratification crowd. /shrug

• quseioquseio stevens, PAPosts: 222Member
    well well i may just give it a go again !
  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,207Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Epic fail...

It just doesn´t feel right.

I just created a test heroic character today and after about 15 mins I logged out and deleted it again.

It just doesn´t feel right to me. Like it wasn´t my character at all. It felt pointless and boring. Instantly having a lvl85 character, With full legendary gear, items and flying Mount.

I Guess each to their own. I rather Level up a New char from scratch and face half empty zones, then this heroic Money grab Garbage for the Instant gratification crowd. /shrug

I agree. I love the leveling, quests, stories, and experience each zone has to offer. I can't fathom missing Maj'Dul, Nektulos, GFay, or any other zone. I seriously don't connect with the appeal of doing so. I want the armour appearance and the mount so I might apply the freebie to my warden that is 82 (three levels aren't going to ruin it for me), but I really want the armour for my Swashy. I wish I could just get the armour and mount, but not apply the levels lol.

Anyway, the argument isn't whether I like it, but with posters who keep claiming that someone won't be able to play or learn their character. I disagree. It's not that hard and I'm sure any person who is capable of playing the role can learn enough in a couple weeks to start doing group content.

If that is all someone wants to do, then I don't care if they pony up 3500 SC to play that way. Most likely they are raiders (like many of my guildmates) who are going to powerlevel anyway.  It's really not that expensive if you buy SC on double or triple cash weekends. If you buy a $15 game card from Walmart on a 3x weekend you will have SC left over after buying the heroic upgrade.

13»