Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Naming

crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399
Bought TSW in the Steam sale on the weekend, but haven't been able to get past the naming screen. It's often a problem when you join a game a long time after release, but I've been a bit surprised that every nickname I've tried has been taken (and not all have been what you might term 'obvious'). Anyway, my question is this - are nicknames in TSW unique to the server or unique across the game as a whole? 

Comments

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749
    Originally posted by crack_fox
    Anyway, my question is this - are nicknames in TSW unique to the server or unique across the game as a whole? 

TSW uses single server tech, so unique to the server (dimension) = unique in the game as a whole :)

and yep, that's precisely the case, the nickname is your character name, which is unique like in every mmo. So there can be even a thousand John Smith's, but each of them can be identified because ot their nickname.

• ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426
    TSW's naming system is a bit lackluster. The nickname is too short and doesn't allow spaces, while the "real" name isn't combined with it to make a unique identifier. It's annoying, but luckily you only need one character.
  • crack_foxcrack_fox Member UncommonPosts: 399
    Cool - thanks for the info.
  • halpyhalpy Member UncommonPosts: 42

A little tip: If you want to "check" whether a nickname is taken or not before making that final decision on your  character, use TSW Chronicle. ^^

• Sassy_Gay_UnicornSassy_Gay_Unicorn Member UncommonPosts: 316
    also i believe a name can be rejected if the first or last name are deemed offensive.