Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I managed to complete the lv50 class quests for all 8 crafting classes

TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155

Proof for having all eight crafting class lv50 quests completed: the eight different blue crafting lv50 reward primary tools from lv50 quests are there. 

Proof that it is my account: check chat box saying "TwoThreeFour at MMORPG.com". 

It is a non-legacy server, which is shown by looking up the names in the chatbox at the lodestone.

-----------------------------------------------------

So why am I posting this: I am just god damn happy to have reached my first major goal. I hit lv50 in all my crafting classes before hitting lv50 in one combat class. That's how much I love the crafting here.

The game is not ever here for me, there is plenty of money to earn and items to craft. I considering finishing getting my miner to 50 and then either finish getting my lancer to 50 or start leveling a tank. People say there is a shortage of tanks and I like melee characters in combat, so it may be a good fit.

-----------

Anyhow, just god damn happy :).

Comments

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

()

So why am I posting this: I am just god damn happy to have reached my first major goal. I hit lv50 in all my crafting classes before hitting lv50 in one combat class. That's how much I love the crafting here.

()

Congrats :)

I guess you're posting it here since this site is your home.

Let's keep it positive y'all.

• monkey_crushermonkey_crusher Member Posts: 41
    Congratulations!
  • RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Impressive - honestly, I'm more impressed with this than I am with anyone touting Coil1-whatever.

Nice job.

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Is this the part where he says he has a life and only plays casually?
  • KiyonoriKiyonori Member UncommonPosts: 70

Got any crafting tips? I've been trying to level my armorsmithing but I find it very hard to make HQ items for the leves. I haven't been crafting long (only 11 or 12, haven't logged in 4 days) but from what I understand you can also use skills from other crafting schools similar to the combat classes, so what skills would you suggest someone get to optimize the HQ chance?

I tried googling it but all the guides either assume you're a first timer or they are so vague that they are borderline useless.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Shatter30

I have been in pretty hardcore mode in the sense that I haven't played any other games and haven't watched tv during these weeks.  By no means casual when it comes to time. 

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Kiyonori

Got any crafting tips? I've been trying to level my armorsmithing but I find it very hard to make HQ items for the leves. I haven't been crafting long (only 11 or 12, haven't logged in 4 days) but from what I understand you can also use skills from other crafting schools similar to the combat classes, so what skills would you suggest someone get to optimize the HQ chance?

I tried googling it but all the guides either assume you're a first timer or they are so vague that they are borderline useless.

When it comes to making HQ crating, there are certain skills that help a lot when the target has 70+ durability. The first cross-classing crafting skills come at lv15. 

* lv15 Culinary skill "Hasty Touch": Increases quality, 100% efficiency, 50% chance, 0 cp.

*lv15 Carpentry skill "Rumination": Removes "Inner Quiet" effect and restores CP based on how many times control was successfully increased.

"lv15 Alchemy skill "Tricks of the Trade": Restores 20 cp if the condition of the item is "good"

----------------------

Once you have that and you encounter a 70+ durability equip to craft:

Start with <Inner Quiet>. After that the technique is to always use <Tricks of the Trade> whenever the condition  of the item is "good", but otherwise use the combination of <Steady Hand> and <Hasty Touch> to increase quality.

Whenever you get low on durability, use <Master's Mend> to recover durability.

Try to time the <Steady Hand> & <Master's Mend> so that <Master's Mend> is never used while<Steady Hand> buff is active, but it is always good to use <Tricks of the Trade> when the condition is "good" even if the <Steady Hand> buff is active.

Getting full progress is usually something you do at the end of the crafting session, and for it, you use <Rumination> to remove <Inner Force> and  restore CP to play around with to finish the progress. You usually want to do most quality increases before using <Rumination> since <Inner Force> buff helps a lot towards quality building.

-------------------------

Gear is important and, it is specially important to have a decent Primary Tool, Secondary Tool and Body.  You'll notice that they contribute a lot towards your stats. Strongly recommended to buy cheap at market unless you can craft the stuff yourself. 

Also recommended to check what gear you get from class quests.

-----------------------

Of course, as you unlock more skills, the method I described above can be tweaked for better. Also doing durability 40 items is a whole different issue, and they are very hard to consistently make HQ. (As in, I am happy if I can make them HQ 50% of the time). One method to tackle it is by buying high quality materials to do them, but it is not always economically efficient.

• Robert_S4Robert_S4 Member Posts: 142
    Originally posted by Kiyonori

OK SO LISSEN UP GUDD, YO!

This is purely how I do it, other people will have other ways and think or say that my way is wrong, but this works for me, so this is what I'll share.

I will not say which ability you should use in what order as I think it's best that you figure it out yourself.

I have had a few *aha!* moments with FFXIV's crafting and having those moments has made me more happy about the crafting overall.

To consistently craft HQ items, here's what you need:

The lvl 15 Weaver skill, Careful Synthesis, it gives you a 100% use chance, making it impossible to fail when you use it, it's a MUST HAVE. It's cross-class for all crafting classes aslong as you have a lvl 15 Weaver or higher and have other crafting classes at 15 or higher aswell.

You also need to be a lvl 18 crafter, for the Standard Touch ability, combined with Steady Hand (gives extra 20% chance not to fail on a synth or touch) (not able to check right now, I think all classes gets Steady Hand, either way you can just find it online), it will give you a 100% chance to use your quality increaser.

The point here being, you should NEVER rely on chance, even 90% chance, it's too low.

Because it will hit inside that 10% once in a while and mess things up for you.

Also, doing craftingleves prior to level 20 is not really worth wasting the leve allowances on.

Once you reach 20 you get a select few craftingleves that you can deliver over again 3 times for the same single leve allowance.

Give in all HQ items and that means tens of thousands of XP even just at lvl 20.

From one in Ul'dah at 20 I was getting around (I think) 14k XP and 1k gil.

I was able to turn it in three times on one allowance, thus, getting 42k XP and 3k gil (from ONE allowance!!!).

I decided to start by getting every crafting class to 20 and go from there, because at that lvl, and with every lvl 15 cross-class skill covered, you are just so much better set up for being able to near guarantee HQ quality items all the time.

Aslong as you know what you are doing at least.

It's possible, of course it is, but like I said, without Careful Synthesis, Standard Touch and Steady hand and at lower lvl (pre 15-18).

You can just forget about consistently getting HQ items.

You need to get higher lvl for crafting first.

If crafting items to get to 20 is too boring I guess you can do some leves, but I wouldn't personally recommend wasting it on either adventuring (not worth it, chain fates instead), or pre lvl 20 crafting leves.

Here's a link to a website showing every crafting levequest that you can turn in 3 times on one allowance (just scroll down a little and it will have links for each crafting class):

http://www.gameskinny.com/4rc10/ffxiv-leveling-craftingtradecrafts-with-repeatable-leves-guide

Link is good, it's a safe website.

For some reason the website is down right now though, but try again later.

That's all the info I can give you on crafting without putting too much time into it.

The people and the friends that we have lost, and the dreams that have faded, never forget them~

• Shatter30Shatter30 Member UncommonPosts: 487
    Originally posted by Shatter30

I have been in pretty hardcore mode in the sense that I haven't played any other games and haven't watched tv during these weeks.  By no means casual when it comes to time. 

haha, good job.  Most people who put that much time into a game when they get called out as hardcore or not having a life are like " yeah I go the gym 5 days a week and I work full time and make over $100K a year" meanwhile there is no chance in hell of this based on the accomplishment made...you are like yeah I played the hell out of it....at least you are honest....awesome :)

• Robert_S4Robert_S4 Member Posts: 142
    Also, obviously, what the Master Craftsman above me said! hehe =)

The people and the friends that we have lost, and the dreams that have faded, never forget them~

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Grats, solid accomplishment.  I'm getting bored with questing... I may do some crafting to change things up.  Too many games right now clamoring for my attention.
  • echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681
    [mod edit]

Based on the number of hours I've played and I have "most" of the crafting classes at 30+....you already have a job and it's called "Crafting in FF ARR" lol

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

You act like this is actually hard, protip: its not, there are people lots of people on my server with all crafters maxxed ( i am not on a legacy server Either), its not much of an achievement with how piss easy it is to level them, Leves at 20+ can give u close to a level each if you do the one that lets u turn in 3 items, 3 times for 1 leve request. The blue weapons are not hard to get either, The class quest ones or the ones for the achievement (both have same stats). Sadly though the ilvl 70 crafted combat class gear is pretty much garbage with the ilvl 90 stuff you can get. Its too expensive to craft for what it is sadly. most people just use darklight, its sufficent enough for all but turn 5 of coil. Turn 5 the boss is easy mechanic wise but its a gearcheck boss. SO unless your in full ilvl 90 allagan, or themythic tomestone stuff you may not kill him. He can be killed in the ilvl 70 crafted stuff if its all hq and materia'ed But only people who would have such gear would be people on legacy servers.

Grats anyway I guess, but with how much of a joke ff14 is as a whole, there is really not much of a sense of accomplishment, least for me anyway. I got my relic on my warrior and didn't really care, it was too easy to get for what it is. Hardest part was finding people who aren't morons to run the stuff with, the content itself is pretty easy if your with competant people.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    Very Nice! Now I say it's time to go for all of the Luminary tools =P
    Originally posted by Siveria

You act like this is actually hard, protip: its not, there are people lots of people on my server with all crafters maxxed ( i am not on a legacy server Either), its not much of an achievement with how piss easy it is to level them, Leves at 20+ can give u close to a level each if you do the one that lets u turn in 3 items, 3 times for 1 leve request. The blue weapons are not hard to get either, The class quest ones or the ones for the achievement (both have same stats). Sadly though the ilvl 70 crafted combat class gear is pretty much garbage with the ilvl 90 stuff you can get. Its too expensive to craft for what it is sadly. most people just use darklight, its sufficent enough for all but turn 5 of coil. Turn 5 the boss is easy mechanic wise but its a gearcheck boss. SO unless your in full ilvl 90 allagan, or themythic tomestone stuff you may not kill him. He can be killed in the ilvl 70 crafted stuff if its all hq and materia'ed But only people who would have such gear would be people on legacy servers.

Grats anyway I guess, but with how much of a joke ff14 is as a whole, there is really not much of a sense of accomplishment, least for me anyway. I got my relic on my warrior and didn't really care, it was too easy to get for what it is. Hardest part was finding people who aren't morons to run the stuff with, the content itself is pretty easy if your with competant people.

You do realise even with the leves if you don't gather the materials your self you can easily spend over 1mil gil getting a lvl 50 craft also all of those people who had multiple level 50 crafts within the first couple weeks were most likely Gold Buyers or being funded by a large guild. So seeing as the vast majority of non-legacy players don't even have 500k Gil I would not call getting all crafts to lvl 50 in any way easy even though it is theoretically "easy".

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

I use Careful Synthesis as my main increase for progress.  The reason is simple.  This is a percentage based system.  You are going to fail 10% of the time on a 90% increase.  It happens, so take a 10% less progress and use the 100% increase.  Believe me, much less hassle.  You can figure out the math and if it requires one more progress you can roll the dice and use regular synthesis.

I also always start off with inner quiet then careful synthesis because you will always start off with normal.  No need to waste a quality increase on a normal.  I usually reserve the quality increase for good or better condition.  Ruination or whatever that one is I found less useful than I thought simply because the trade off (gain 20pts) is not that good.  You still are using up a turn.

The thing that removes inner quiet and gains you points is great though.

Level all the classes to 15 so you get each classes first special ability, especially careful synthesis (weaver). 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Nice job op!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak

You do realise even with the leves if you don't gather the materials your self you can easily spend over 1mil gil getting a lvl 50 craft also all of those people who had multiple level 50 crafts within the first couple weeks were most likely Gold Buyers or being funded by a large guild. So seeing as the vast majority of non-legacy players don't even have 500k Gil I would not call getting all crafts to lvl 50 in any way easy even though it is theoretically "easy".

You do know there is a market where crafters can sell stuff to make money to buy materials right? Even lower level stuff can sell, SO they can fund themselves qutie easly, I know a friend who has a lv 30 ish combat job but she has all crafts including miner botansit and fishing at at least 45, she makes money selling stuff she crafts. I know someone else who has not bought gil and has mutiple lv 50 crafters without having any of the gatherers leveled, he funded it by selling stuff he made and he never joined a fc till after he had like 2 or 3 at 50, so he was not funded either. So its perfectly viable to just craft and not have to buy gil. I have like 500k on my char atm and I don't craft, its not hard to make money, especally when there is really nothing to buy with money.

So all in all it still is really easy to craft and do leves and make money selling some of the things you make. So yeah its still piss-easy. Crafting is more of a time commitment than anything else really. The more u get at 50 the easier it gets. Weaver or leatherworker is a good one to take to 50 first, since thread, cloth, leather is used by pretty much every other craft in some way or form. Most expensive to level is probally weaver I think.

Personally I think your an idiot if you buy gil in ff14, there is nothing to buy that you would need it, especally with the ilvl 70 gear even when itsd hq'ed being pretty much garbage compared to the rest of the stuff you could get. I fit only uses 1-2 125 philo stone mats per piece i'd have a full set by now, but yeah, 2500 phil stones or 18x50k is not going to happen for gear that i'll still have to spend hundreds of thousands on in materia for it to still not match ilvl 90 stuff I could get for free.

I ain't in a rush to clear bahamuts coil, since there is nothing else left in the game once you do. My war is at the state all I really have left is coil and nothing else to do in game. I coudl run CM or AK but they both put me to sleep literally irl. I was just in game and was like "ahh crap the mythic tomestone caps reset, time to bore myself to death doing 7 or 8 ak runs".

2.1 needs to come out now and not 1.5-2 months from now or else bu the time it does hit there isin't going to be any players left, they are already leaving in droves due to how boring the endgame is. I been bored of the endgame for over 2 weeks. I just do it on my 50 reliced war because there is nothing else to do on it.

I am lving bard up its 36 atm, and I may lv whm up too, but its pretty boring when all you can do to level thats worth the time is fate grind.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Proof for having all eight crafting class lv50 quests completed: the eight different blue crafting lv50 reward primary tools from lv50 quests are there. 

Proof that it is my account: check chat box saying "TwoThreeFour at MMORPG.com". 

It is a non-legacy server, which is shown by looking up the names in the chatbox at the lodestone.

-----------------------------------------------------

The game is not ever here for me, there is plenty of money to earn and items to craft. I considering finishing getting my miner to 50 and then either finish getting my lancer to 50 or start leveling a tank. People say there is a shortage of tanks and I like melee characters in combat, so it may be a good fit.

-----------

Anyhow, just god damn happy :).

Tsh! These casuals....

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Good job.

I'm surprised it took a month to level them all up.  Back in 1.0 it took me around two months each individual craft, working on it about five hours a day.  Kind've depressing for me overall.  Hah.

Oh well, it gave me hundreds of millions of gil since it was so hard to do back then.  So it works itself out just fine in my book.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    Grats, I'm working on getting everything to 50 as well.  As an altoholic, I always loved FFXI and now FFXIV because I can do everything on one character.
    Originally posted by Shauneepeak

You do know there is a market where crafters can sell stuff to make money to buy materials right? Even lower level stuff can sell, SO they can fund themselves qutie easly, I know a friend who has a lv 30 ish combat job but she has all crafts including miner botansit and fishing at at least 45, she makes money selling stuff she crafts. I know someone else who has not bought gil and has mutiple lv 50 crafters without having any of the gatherers leveled, he funded it by selling stuff he made and he never joined a fc till after he had like 2 or 3 at 50, so he was not funded either. So its perfectly viable to just craft and not have to buy gil. I have like 500k on my char atm and I don't craft, its not hard to make money, especally when there is really nothing to buy with money.

So all in all it still is really easy to craft and do leves and make money selling some of the things you make. So yeah its still piss-easy. Crafting is more of a time commitment than anything else really. The more u get at 50 the easier it gets. Weaver or leatherworker is a good one to take to 50 first, since thread, cloth, leather is used by pretty much every other craft in some way or form. Most expensive to level is probally weaver I think.

Personally I think your an idiot if you buy gil in ff14, there is nothing to buy that you would need it, especally with the ilvl 70 gear even when itsd hq'ed being pretty much garbage compared to the rest of the stuff you could get. I fit only uses 1-2 125 philo stone mats per piece i'd have a full set by now, but yeah, 2500 phil stones or 18x50k is not going to happen for gear that i'll still have to spend hundreds of thousands on in materia for it to still not match ilvl 90 stuff I could get for free.

I ain't in a rush to clear bahamuts coil, since there is nothing else left in the game once you do. My war is at the state all I really have left is coil and nothing else to do in game. I coudl run CM or AK but they both put me to sleep literally irl. I was just in game and was like "ahh crap the mythic tomestone caps reset, time to bore myself to death doing 7 or 8 ak runs".

2.1 needs to come out now and not 1.5-2 months from now or else bu the time it does hit there isin't going to be any players left, they are already leaving in droves due to how boring the endgame is. I been bored of the endgame for over 2 weeks. I just do it on my 50 reliced war because there is nothing else to do on it.

I am lving bard up its 36 atm, and I may lv whm up too, but its pretty boring when all you can do to level thats worth the time is fate grind.

Your server is lucky then mostly everything below level 45 on my server is already selling for below cost to make and the market is so flooded right now even when you do have a profitable item you can sell it is going to take a long while before it does sell and that is if someone doesn't undercut you by 15+% and cause the item to crash below market value. OFC there are items that make a very nice profit below lvl 45 such as the Vintage clothing and Weapons but those are not a viable training option and their materials are fairly hard to come by.

Below level 50 crafting is not really profitable it can become profitable by focusing on only making HQ mats but then you will be leveling extremely slow.

Also what you said goes against what we were talking about, which was using leves to lvl craft really fast if someone uses solely leves they will not be making anything to sell.

Anyways I still see the OP getting all crafts to lvl 50 as a big accomplishment despite whether you feel the same way or not.

So despite getting the thread offtopic I will say so again.

Congrats on your achievement TwoThreeFour

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Gratz. Can't stand crafting myself and I am struggling to keep an interest in the game so you have more staying power than I.
  • SephirosoSephiroso Member RarePosts: 2,020

Lol, you know, it was funny i was gearing up for a flame until i read the "So why am i posting this here" bit.

so congrats on getting them all to 50, hope you weren't one of the victims of the blanket bans that have been going out lately.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

• chakalakachakalaka Member UncommonPosts: 291

Big Congrats to you OP!! The crafting is very fun and I find myself at least trying to keep it lvled with my Pugilist