Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help save Warhammer!

Mythic doesn't wanna renew its license, and sega owns it now help to try to save this awesome game! Sign for love and F2P conversion!

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/save-warhammer-online/

Comments

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Done! If it goes F2P I'll be back.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 607

Honestly the game doesn't deserve to be saved, if the developers didn't care to save it, why should I?

Honestly I loved the IP, and to date still think the chaos chosen is the best looking character model ever put in a game. (Played like shit though, horrible class mechanics.) But those arn't enough to save what is arguably one of the most expensive mmo flops to ever occur in history.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827
    welcome to free enterprise witch also includes the freedom to fail spectacularly.

• DauntisDauntis Member UncommonPosts: 600

So lemme get this straight, you want them to pay the licensing fee and make it F2P for a game that pretty spectacularly failed?

How about we let it die so the IP can be resurrected with some more compretent handling?

Help support an artist and gamer who has lost his tools to create and play: http://www.gofundme.com/u63nzcgk

• DrDreamDrDream Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Originally posted by Dauntis

So lemme get this straight, you want them to pay the licensing fee and make it F2P for a game that pretty spectacularly failed?

How about we let it die so the IP can be resurrected with some more compretent handling?

I doubt anyone would re-pick up a warhammer mmo since Sega owns it now, i know they were talking about making a total war out of it which would be cool but i love the feel of this game. i doubt anyone remembers The Chronicles of spellborn but that never got picked up and i have been waiting for a while on that too.

• BiskopBiskop Member UncommonPosts: 709
    Not much to save, I'm afraid. WAR was great in some ways but in the end, the bad outweighed the good.

It was just a very incomplete and not very well designed game that also utterly failed to capture the awesomeness of one of the world's greatest fantasy IPs. I prefer to just let it rest and hope for a better Warhammer Fantasy game some time in the future.

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Not worth saving. Even a F2P conversion would not bring in enough money for them to fix all the issues it has.

This have been a good conversation

• manowar88manowar88 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Done!

x1muft.png

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

I am still waiting for Earth and Beyond image

Fastest shutdown of an MMO in history I believe.

I wish you luck.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    No way, there is a special place reserved in mmo hell for this game, burn!! 

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Originally posted by tawess
    Not worth saving. Even a F2P conversion would not bring in enough money for them to fix all the issues it has.

Even that is still the best PvP MMO out there. 

• daemondaemon Member UncommonPosts: 680
    It failed and they had plenty of time to save it. rip.
  • furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by hikaru77

If it was SOOOOOOO great then why are they shutting the game down?  There is a reason, whether you like the reason or not it's because it has greatly underperformed to their expectations.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

let it die. There is nothing here but hope for the IP to be given (sold, rented to, w/e) better hands and maybe it can come back worthy of the name WarHammer. Seriously so much lore, so many references, so much opportunity, wasted. Let it go.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

It's dead Jim.

And I'd rather sign a bring back SWG petition

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by Boneserino

I wish you luck.

EA was expecting another EQ and wasn't willing to even let it grow.

on topic the license has already been passed on. No petition is going to save this game.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Having WAR go F2P would mean someone actually having to work on it, which i doubt will happen. Sorry.
  • BMBenderBMBender Member UncommonPosts: 827
    Originally posted by Boneserino

I wish you luck.

No I think Jump gate evolution might have that beat never even made it through alpha :D if your talking post release then yea prob

• AbcynthAbcynth Member UncommonPosts: 60
    I wouldn't stress over it too much, if there are enough people like the OP, I have no doubt a private server will pop up somewhere that they can still get their fix.  I agree the game doesn't deserve to stay in the realm of the living, not with so many others out there to choose from now that are drawing attention and players, and those still to come.  It had its run, it failed, let it die with some dignity.
  • TheodwulfTheodwulf Member UncommonPosts: 311
    Good luck ..but to tell the truth it was a bad game from day 1...poorly executed by hacks.. and driven off a cliff by knucklheads..RIP WAR...you deserve a rest..
  • RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Personally i really hope it burns into ashes. The warhammer IP is a amazing IP to work with. Hopefully it gets passes around and a much better new MMO gets released out of it. Warhammer Deserves better.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• nerovipus32nerovipus32 Member Posts: 2,735
    No, i want this game to die so someone else can make a warhammer game.
  • ringdanyringdany Member UncommonPosts: 189
    Signed up! I hate it when beautiful realms disappear. They need to make it f2p and make the code public so players can fix the game.
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Originally posted by hikaru77

It is

But there is apsolutely no will on part of developers to invest in the game. They want it dead , IP reneval is just convinient excuse.

• cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Just let it go. It's better off gone to pave way for a fresh take on the IP. Just pray it won't be like the baton pass of SWG to SWTOR.