Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Don't think in weeks, more like months."

Informer80Informer80 Member Posts: 91

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iKFmqRPtxM

Well, i think so much about ArcheAge coming this year...

Comments

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    I did not think it would make it out this year anyway. Hopefully early 2014. Good to hear something from Trion though.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

Glad Trion was able to put some info out.

They aren't going to show anything until they are ready and satisfied with the quality, so sounds like beta at the end of 2013?  I guess they can delay it slightly, but it would need to be in line with XLGames, who stated they want it out early 2014 (or before).

Trion may have been a little over ambitious when they picked this title up earlier this year, when they said they were aiming for late 2013.  Perhaps there was an escape clause in their contract about unforeseen events, like massive restructuring.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Every month that goes by, is a month lost where player could become invested. The worst thing they could do is release right before ESO, or EQN:L. It will be a TSW/GW2 situation.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AstraeisAstraeis Member UncommonPosts: 378
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Every month that goes by, is a month lost where player could become invested. The worst thing they could do is release right before ESO, or EQN:L. It will be a TSW/GW2 situation.

No, that is not the worst thing they could do. They are already doing the worst thing they could do; not giving the game any media attention.

It takes one to know one.

• cylon8cylon8 Member UncommonPosts: 362
    I have visions of this basically upending trion..their deal with syfy started the decay this is a shame too..oh well guess I am sticking with aion

so say we all

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Trion had better choose the release date VERY carefully or have no chance at all.This game does some things that are interesting and exploration will be interesting at times,but on an overall design level,it is still more of the same old.

There are simply too many games in this genre and not enough players to entice.You might get a fair number of players trying the game for a month or two,but many will go back to other games they have invested time into.

Trion had also better market this game well with lots of videos and dev speak.If they think they can simply have a Beta,then announce a release date and millions will come,they are really bad at marketing and have poor perception of the industry.

There are games and many of them ,that are designed from the ground up as an instant profit game,sell the box and you make profit,imo this game was not designed like that,so it needs longevity.

I really hope Archeage has some success,but my gut is skeptical.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

It is a shame they couldn't get this ready for an  end of 2013 release, looks like there's going to be a window of opportunity then which no one in the MMORPG space is really stepping up to fill.

Great news for FFXIV actually, will give them more space before facing new competiion, and like someone said, Trion should try to avoid going head to head with some of the other AAA's that are better marketed, they'll lose on that front alone.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Wizardry

I really hope Archeage has some success,but my gut is skeptical.

It's hard to predict if it is going to be successful or not, since it's a different type of MMO from the mindless repetitive instance farming ones. There are people calling it a WoW-Clone because they are uninformed  and because of the themepark elements it has, but once you try it, you will see the differences.

Since it's going to be a new MMO when it comes out, many will try it out, the question is, how many of them will like it and stay to play it after the 1st, 3rd month. And how Trion will handle the westernization of it. Don't forget that there is a huge crowd of gamers who want something different from the traditional WoWish themeparks.

• thecapitainethecapitaine Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Kyleran

It is a shame they couldn't get this ready for an  end of 2013 release, looks like there's going to be a window of opportunity then which no one in the MMORPG space is really stepping up to fill.

Great news for FFXIV actually, will give them more space before facing new competiion, and like someone said, Trion should try to avoid going head to head with some of the other AAA's that are better marketed, they'll lose on that front alone.

ArcheAge will not compete with PvE themepark games - it appeals to a sandbox guild oriented PvP player. People that solely enjoy PvE games would not enjoy open world PvP at all.

That's too bad.  I was looking forward to this game but not if its focus is on open world pvp with nothing for carebearish PvErs like myself to do.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

"Don't think in weeks, more like months."

That statement is so vague, it's basically meaningless.  Until they give dates, we might as well assume the game will never be released.  This way we're all pleasantly surprised if / when the release date is finally announced!

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Kyleran

ArcheAge will not compete with PvE themepark games - it appeals to a sandbox guild oriented PvP player. People that solely enjoy PvE games would not enjoy open world PvP at all.

Correct. I think the players that can play and stay longer in AA are the EVE/Lineage 2/Aion/DF/MO/UO/AoW crowd, and even some of these can dislike AA because its themepark features and the PVP with so many safezones for their taste.

The pure PVE raid grinders "achievers" will pass away fom AA.