Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Slow down the end game sucks

GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

If you just got the game and are trying to get end game asap trust me , you aren't missing out on anything at end game .

My first character I farmed FATES all day long and basically got to 50 in a week . Then I farmed the same 8 man dungeon about 37 times which took a few days to get enough seals to get my darklight armor .  I then proceeded to farm hardmode primal to get my weapon which didn't take too long since I was only warrior that could roll on the weapon.

There is 1 end game raid dungeon but I never got to that because guild is taking their time which is good .

Also if you are healer or a tank you can gear up super fast compared to dps .  You can pretty much run dungeons and do primals  all day long non stop .

So basically the best part of the game is levelling from about 15- 50   .  If you didn't do a single fate you would actually have a lot more content .

Comments

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

name 1 mmo that releases with end game totally fleshed out or with massive amounts of awesome endgame content that will satisfy the "rush to the end" crowd

I'll wait.

I agree, slow down enjoy the journey, the endgame will still be there and be better and more abundant if you do.

• mithrillionmithrillion Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

name 1 mmo that releases with end game totally fleshed out or with massive amounts of awesome endgame content that will satisfy the "rush to the end" crowd

I'll wait.

I agree, slow down enjoy the journey, the endgame will still be there and be better and more abundant if you do.

Option 1: EVE, obviously.

Option 2: Any old school Korean MMOs with 400+ levels, because you don't reach endgame.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167

i wouldn't say it sucks, but i would agree with you on taking your time. like any other mmo that has come out the devs didn't predict that the locusts would devour their content in a few weeks time. (why the devs never see this coming is beyond me. and why players think the devs have done it differently this time i also don't understand.)

however, there is still plenty to do in this game outside FATEs and running the handful of endgame dungeons over and over, especially if you take your time and enjoy the ride.

by doing other things when i got bored with FATEs, Storyline, or dungeons i am sitting at lvl 50 with my Storyline not quite done, more than half the sidequests not done, and my crafting/harvesting sitting in their mid30s.

keep in mind that whatever new means of delivering content the game may have it is still very much a traditional mmo, tank'spank'n'heal. so treat it as such and remember that there won't be new content until the 2.1 patch sometime in the next couple of months. (it seems SE is aiming at a release every 3 months at this point not including actual expansions.)

having said all that, and as someone who is not fond of most typical mmo fare, i have been really enjoying myself in this game. no idea what the special sauce is, but there is fun to be had here.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

Originally posted by mithrillion

I'll wait.

Option 2: Any old school Korean MMOs with 400+ levels, because you don't reach endgame.

1- pvp is not content.

2-if you dont reach endgame what does it matter if its there or not?

• mithrillionmithrillion Member Posts: 37

I'll wait.

1- pvp is not content.

1- You don't really understand EVE. Ask any past or present player then you will realize how it really works. Player interaction is the real content.

2- Who said a game must have endgame? What about we make it this way so 95% of the players will never reach level cap? Isn't that also viable?

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

I'll wait.

1- pvp is not content.

1- You don't really understand EVE. Ask any past or present player then you will realize how it really works. Player interaction is the real content.

2- Who said a game must have endgame? What about we make it this way so 95% of the players will never reach level cap? Isn't that also viable?

I think their mistake was making FATES so easy .  The experience vs difficulty is out of balance .

Something that takes 1-5 mins to complete and gives you so much experience compared to a dungeon which could take 60 minutes and require a bit of team work to complete , and sometimes you fail to complete it .

• BluewhitehellBluewhitehell Member Posts: 66
    Originally posted by aspekx

i wouldn't say it sucks, but i would agree with you on taking your time. like any other mmo that has come out the devs didn't predict that the locusts would devour their content in a few weeks time. (why the devs never see this coming is beyond me. and why players think the devs have done it differently this time i also don't understand.)

however, there is still plenty to do in this game outside FATEs and running the handful of endgame dungeons over and over, especially if you take your time and enjoy the ride.

by doing other things when i got bored with FATEs, Storyline, or dungeons i am sitting at lvl 50 with my Storyline not quite done, more than half the sidequests not done, and my crafting/harvesting sitting in their mid30s.

keep in mind that whatever new means of delivering content the game may have it is still very much a traditional mmo, tank'spank'n'heal. so treat it as such and remember that there won't be new content until the 2.1 patch sometime in the next couple of months. (it seems SE is aiming at a release every 3 months at this point not including actual expansions.)

having said all that, and as someone who is not fond of most typical mmo fare, i have been really enjoying myself in this game. no idea what the special sauce is, but there is fun to be had here.

I don't understand what's the point to go out and tell everyone "play slow, enjoy level 1~50 content". Not everyone is interested in leveling crafting or new job, or read stories. Some players play the game to do endgame raid. 

• RedhzRedhz Member UncommonPosts: 4

The problem imo is that so much of the game can be done through Duty Finder / pugging, that people don't join organised guilds and progress through the game properly.  The game is too easy until you get to the real endgame instance, and most people therefore discount it as an endgame option.

I would have been happier if Duty Finder only existed for the story quest dungeons, and stopped at 8 mans.  From there on, you are level 50 and should look for a guild / community to join and progress with.  Afterall, isn't that what MMOs are supposed to be all about?

• majinkhanmajinkhan Member UncommonPosts: 1

I don´t understand that some People complain about Endgame so soon and Farm the **** out of the game, so they reach Max Level as quick as possible. Take your time enjoy the Content ;)

• vzerovvzerov Member Posts: 125

I'll wait.

Are you trying to argue with anyone? For?

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Bluewhitehell
    Originally posted by aspekx

I don't understand what's the point to go out and tell everyone "play slow, enjoy level 1~50 content". Not everyone is interested in leveling crafting or new job, or read stories. Some players play the game to do endgame raid. 

then they're going to be terribly disappointed in every mmo they play at launch. /shrug

i'm merely offering my experience as a suggestion. burn through it like a locust if that's what makes you happy and makes you feel like you got your money's worth.

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

This game has some of the most boring leveling I have experienced thus far in an MMO.  I'm questing btw, not FATE grinding, on my gladiator. I like the FF setting, the ambiance, and the developing main story. But the ridiculous amount of errand boy tasks,  the slow, simplistic combat, and the monotonous quests make this game a chore to play.

The weird thing is, I've played other MMOs that are more grindy but I didn't find myself feeling so bored when playing them.

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by TheHavok

The weird thing is, I've played other MMOs that are more grindy but I didn't find myself feeling so bored when playing them.

I don't know what your issue with the game is, but it's not really the game's problem :)

Also this is My signature: the thread.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

I'll wait.

1- pvp is not content.

PvP absolutely is content, with players as its foundation. It's something for the players to do while in-game. It's also the most dynamic, unpredictable type there is. Players aren't scripted, they don't "reset", and they can plot and plan and scheme, they can coordinate and organize against you. Every engagement is different, big or small.

However, considering what you've said, would you then argue that the PvP being added to XIV isn't content, either?

Originally posted by TangentPoint

I'll wait.

1- pvp is not content.

PvP absolutely is content, with players as its foundation. It's something for the players to do while in-game. It's also the most dynamic, unpredictable type there is. Players aren't scripted, they don't "reset", and they can plot and plan and scheme, they can coordinate and organize against you. Every engagement is different, big or small.

However, considering what you've said, would you then argue that the PvP being added to XIV isn't content, either?

pvp is an activity sure, an esport if you will but its not content even in FFXIV

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
     Thanks for sharing OP. I was pretty vocal on the review thread questioning how in the hell the person from this site can give this game a 10 for longevity as it stands now and some of the white knights were very adamant about telling people that do not think the game deserve that 10 how wrong we are. I am pretty sure this will be addressed at some point, but as it stands right now I can only scratch my head at peoples reasoning.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by TheHavok

This game has some of the most boring leveling I have experienced thus far in an MMO.  I'm questing btw, not FATE grinding, on my gladiator. I like the FF setting, the ambiance, and the developing main story. But the ridiculous amount of errand boy tasks,  the slow, simplistic combat, and the monotonous quests make this game a chore to play.

I think they did an outstanding job with the ambiance and the aesthetics of the game. it is one of the prettiest games I have played. Unfortunately I agree with everything else you just said. The world is over corridored and the mob placements and camps are awful and the world itself feels so small because of it. Unfortunately my description there can be attached to all of my experiences in every aspect of the game. The dungeons felt cluttered more than other games, the crafting was not as fun as I hoped it would be in comparison to XI and other games, the gathering was running around in a circle until you could go get a gathering class quest that required to to fedex 100+ of an item  and rinse and repeat without any exploration (except for the fishing). I'll have to wait a while and maybe drop in for a month to see if this game has improved because the world definitely didn't feel like one at all.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

I'll wait.

1- pvp is not content.

These statements give me a glimpse of why your tribe is one.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

1- pvp is not content.

Actually pvp is just as much content as pve is.  The only difference is one is scripted and mostly static and the other isn't.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I'll wait.

Option 3: Wushu

No one has ever said "I'm done" in Age of Wushu"

OP states the best part is leveling. This used to be true in nearly all mmorpgs. I wish western devs would slow things down. Make the sub cap game meaningful. This takes more design though. No one wants to do fetch and kill quest for months.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
    Originally posted by jdlamson75

I'll wait.

1- pvp is not content.

These statements give me a glimpse of why your tribe is one.

cute, want a cookie?

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

http://intothemists.com/ffxiv/chart_for_end_game/

Here is a chart of the end game progression FFXIV has.

Notice how its well laid out, had a lot of dungeons and bosses.

Note how it has far more progression than most games that are less than a month out of their launch.

Note how OP is incorrect in saying there is one dungeon to farm.

/sigh

• HyanmenHyanmen Member UncommonPosts: 5,357
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

Note how it has far more progression than most games that are less than a month out of their launch.

/sigh

SE's fault for not catering more to the fraction of the playerbase that hits endgame in the first 3 months by implementing tons more endgame than seen here.

MMO gamers: when the world is not enough.

Using LOL is like saying "my argument sucks but I still want to disagree".
  • Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Hyanmen
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

/sigh

SE's fault for not catering more to the fraction of the playerbase that hits endgame in the first 3 months by implementing tons more endgame than seen here.

MMO gamers: when the world is not enough.

Clearly, they should have devoted their entire waking lives to making a variety of endgame that not only surpasses all expectations but blows them away in such a manner that people lose themselves playing this game until the end of days.

This game has the most Endgame at launch of any game in the history of MMOs, but it's just not enough.

Gotcha.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Sounds like another classic move of designing a game for casuals. It may not be your cup of tea OP!