Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A friend bought this game for me.

Comments

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Edited: Wait a second this guy is trolling I'm still gonna leave my post up, but wow well played. 

Okay so go play it, look, all you are going to get here is responses from those who dislike the game and those who like it. Some have goals behind these, the ones that dislike the game intentions are for you not to like this game before playing it, then vice versa.

So play the game don't worry about this forum, yet since your here...maybe as a fan of the game you won't like it, cause you prolly need wow like gear progression and raids...this game does not have em. So, do what you need to do, I don't digg WoW or it's clones yet I love GW2 so I'd only assume based off of past people who can't live with out raids and wow like gear progression, would get it over it by saying you will not like it.

People like different and other things from the norm and some can't live without the same.

End game is based on what? Fun? Yes and then you can grind your heart out for skins or just work your ass off for ascendant weapons, WvW has skill points, and PVP, fractals and etc. Yet if you can't live without 40 man raids you might be screwed, cause now they have updated a boss where you need 100+ people in the open world and kill him enough times you can get ascendant weapons and such whic is highest stat tier of weapons. Achievements and etc is something to strive for to.

Yet again if you can't live with out a carrot on a string that's tied around a stick walking your down a path stopping and you still can't get it and then if you can't live with out 40 man dungeons you are again screwed even if the end game is much more better than WoW's  for my and others cause.

Take note: I never said many or some with people cause you nor I know the amount and if I did say it, I'm sorry.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Actually the only person that mentioned zerg rezzing was me and I'm aware it was been removed since January or so.

Of  course all the people that complained that dungeons were rez zerg fests since the encounters were too chaotic without tanks and healers hence that was the only way to finish them, will have a hard time understanding how people can finish them now.

I also remember people complaining about the Fire Elemental world boss in metrica province at release, how hard it was and how it wiped everyone.

Anet then nerfed it, but with the last update they returned it to the original state and most people seem to have few problems staying alive against it these days.

Clearly during the release period the average population was worse that it is currently, which isn't surprising, unless you are used to every new game to be just like the one you were playing before and when it isn't, well, clearly it is a badly designed game!

That said, i don't particularly like GW2 dungeons, since just like in GW1, avoiding mobs and rushing is the most efficient method and I like to kill mobs...

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Actually the only person that mentioned zerg rezzing was me and I'm aware it was been removed since January or so.

Of  course all the people that complained that dungeons were rez zerg fests since the encounters were too chaotic without tanks and healers hence that was the only way to finish them, will have a hard time understanding how people can finish them now.

That said, i don't particularly like GW2 dungeons, since just like in GW1, avoiding mobs and rushing is the most efficient method and I like to kill mobs...

Emperorwings mentioned zerg rezzing first.  First page.

Also, it helps to have a group of friends who aren't derpy.  We kill most of the dungeon things.  It's less boring that way, and sure it might take a LITTLE longer (Not much), but we're hanging out chatting while we do the dungeon anyway.

Actually I'm so used to killing/not skipping in dungeons that when I end up in a group with somebody who wants to skip things, I have to ask them for explicit instructions because I don't know any of the boring ways. :P

Both the FLame & Frost and Aetherblade dungeons didn't really have much in the way of skippable enemies.  I think they're maturing their dungeon design.  We'll see how much so with the new Twilight Assault patch that is upcoming, but I thought their more recent dungeon forays seem better designed than the original sets.

Originally posted by Meowhead
    Originally posted by Piechunks

For me, GW2 is the skyrim of MMOs: shallow, but vast. There is actually a WoW-like group end-game in fractals (where you need to complete short instances over and over again for gear), but there are no intricate raids like in WoW due to the 5 player group restriction and the open world/pvp events are boring zergfests. The biggest grind is for the legendary weapons that currently have no bonus over the readily obtainable exotic weapons that you can buy on the AH other than in aesthetic value.

Still, it's worth every penny if you buy it..and since you didn't buy it, you have absolutely nothing to lose, because it is, in my opinion, the best thing without a subscription out there.

Tequatl has shown they can do a big boss and not have it be a zergfest.

... and legendary weapons are better than exotic weapons, they have higher stats and infusion slots.

There are ascended weapons which have equally high stats, but they're hardly 'readily obtainable' (We're talking hundreds of gold to craft one, and they can't be bought... or you can hope for a random drop), and they're still inferior to legendary weapons, where you can any time out of combat, switch them to any stat grouping in the game.  So if you need more defense, it can change to that, if you just want pure killing power, it can do that.  Want more healing power?  It can do that too.

I also noticed other people seem to think zerging and dying repeatedly works as a tactic in a dungeon (It doesn't) still.

It would sort of be like me complaining that one of the things I don't like about WoW is that it has no form of instanced PvP.

There is a time where people bring up things that are fixed yet talk as if they aren't fix'd, that is the time whre the inform stay inform and try to get others to be informe'd about a game(STarts on page 1) as well but however you can't blame them really, if I am sworn to be right about something and stick my head in sand, shut my eyes closed purposefully and plug my ears I'm not going to notice any changes of what I don't see, hear, or experience.

So I say let those inform'd people...feel correct cause they aren't going to even take what you said into account, in fact ascendant stuff is non existent, no progression at all remember.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

• GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907

Apparently only the healers and tanks do team work and the large majority of players that play DPS even in holy trinity oriented games don't matter.

And since DPS players do no team work, whatever they do doesn't really matter but somehow they can survive bosses without tanks and healers in GW2.

Could it be that actually you need to know how to play a DPS class and use your dodges and blocks properly?

Nah, the game must be too easy at the same time that it is a zerg rezzing fest.

Because it is so easy but people somehow die so much the game is rezz zerg fest.

Another day in the world of people that can't tolerate difference...

I wasn't replying to you or other People that pasted after I did. I was sarcastically responding to another Poster, hence why I quoted their post. It looks to me as if you were responding to my post so I will go ahead and reply as if that was true....

Do "DPSers" also work together with Healers and Tanks? Sure they do, Of Course they do, and I never said otherwise.

Many misunderstand my point of view. I should point out that I do NOT define "Trinity" as Tank/Heal/DPS, I define it the old way as Tank/Heal /CC-Support and in that definition EVERYONE is responsible for DPS in addition to their specific role. Think DAoC class config prior to ToA. To me DPS isn't a specific role, no matter how good someone is at it. I consider the new definition of trinity as Tank/Heal/DPS to be incorrect, and I won't use it that way.

So If I say I think Trinity design is superior to GW2's design I am not bashing DPSers because DPSers play both styles! I am bashing the attempts by some Devs and Players to make us all DPSers with no additional Specialized roles like MMOs used to have! To me that flys in the face of what some of us Players know is needed in a complex MMO environment. To me the Devs by attempting to do away with the Trinity actually proved it is needed.... well maybe not "needed", how about I say "Desired".

THAT's why I see GW2 gameplay as inferior when compared with other older MMOs, and I am not talking WoW here, I tried that and hated it and never subscribed to it. GW2 gameplay isn't easier in my opinion, it is fact more difficult for everyone to be DPS and have no speclized roles like old MMOs, but the fact that gameplay is more difficult and frustrating doesn't make a game a MMO in my opinion... a game can be a MMO imo only if Players MUST work together for a good share of the content, in other words, enforced grouping. Yes I know haow bad most Players react to that concept, but I would tell you exactly the same things in real life and I say here. I am not trolling or hiding behind a keyboard trying to start torouble with People. I genuinely feel Devs are off track in how they are Designing MMOs now, and offtrack with GW2 especially.

I apologize that I was not more explicit with how I define Trinity. My use of the term hasn't been used that way in a long time and I should have anticipated some readers not understanding what I meant.

Also this: I play GW2 regularly. I find it enjoyable, I have fun with it and in it, but it is not to me a true MMO, because for the most part Players can go through almost all the game and not have to rely on anyone else for assistance. I do enjoy GW2 for what it is. Gw2's world is beautiful. The creative love the Devs put into the game world I feel is fantastic and highly enjoyable. The random conversions of the NPCs beat everything other game in entertainment value, the music I love, the Combat is enjoyable, even the small amount of skills I find fun and refreshing compared to playing LotRO or other skill heavy games. The cartoony appearance of Asura's and their Tech get on my nerves some, but I try to ignore that since so much else about GW2 is enjoyable to me.

However even saying all that I still see GW2 as a solo game, maybe even a Console Game with how Action oriented it is, and I will not apologise for seeing it that way. It is as they say "my opinion".

Emperorwings mentioned zerg rezzing first.  First page.

Also, it helps to have a group of friends who aren't derpy.  We kill most of the dungeon things.  It's less boring that way, and sure it might take a LITTLE longer (Not much), but we're hanging out chatting while we do the dungeon anyway.

Actually I'm so used to killing/not skipping in dungeons that when I end up in a group with somebody who wants to skip things, I have to ask them for explicit instructions because I don't know any of the boring ways. :P

Both the FLame & Frost and Aetherblade dungeons didn't really have much in the way of skippable enemies.  I think they're maturing their dungeon design.  We'll see how much so with the new Twilight Assault patch that is upcoming, but I thought their more recent dungeon forays seem better designed than the original sets.

Hehe; :)

Trolls are so predicitable I can counter their arguments without reading the thread properly. :P

Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• zastenzasten Member Posts: 283

lots of bugs, for example the latest update introduced constant disconnections when zerging world champs!

too many people in one fight (5 or more) means for some of us, that we will miss out because we spend more time re-loging than we do in game!

other than that, enjoy...

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

I wasn't replying to you or other People that pasted after I did. I was sarcastically responding to another Poster, hence why I quoted their post. It looks to me as if you were responding to my post so I will go ahead and reply as if that was true....

Do "DPSers" also work together with Healers and Tanks? Sure they do, Of Course they do, and I never said otherwise.

Many misunderstand my point of view. I should point out that I do NOT define "Trinity" as Tank/Heal/DPS, I define it the old way as Tank/Heal /CC-Support and in that definition EVERYONE is responsible for DPS in addition to their specific role. Think DAoC class config prior to ToA. To me DPS isn't a specific role, no matter how good someone is at it. I consider the new definition of trinity as Tank/Heal/DPS to be incorrect, and I won't use it that way.

So If I say I think Trinity design is superior to GW2's design I am not bashing DPSers because DPSers play both styles! I am bashing the attempts by some Devs and Players to make us all DPSers with no additional Specialized roles like MMOs used to have! To me that flys in the face of what some of us Players know is needed in a complex MMO environment. To me the Devs by attempting to do away with the Trinity actually proved it is needed.... well maybe not "needed", how about I say "Desired".

THAT's why I see GW2 gameplay as inferior when compared with other older MMOs, and I am not talking WoW here, I tried that and hated it and never subscribed to it. GW2 gameplay isn't easier in my opinion, it is fact more difficult for everyone to be DPS and have no speclized roles like old MMOs, but the fact that gameplay is more difficult and frustrating doesn't make a game a MMO in my opinion... a game can be a MMO imo only if Players MUST work together for a good share of the content, in other words, enforced grouping. Yes I know haow bad most Players react to that concept, but I would tell you exactly the same things in real life and I say here. I am not trolling or hiding behind a keyboard trying to start torouble with People. I genuinely feel Devs are off track in how they are Designing MMOs now, and offtrack with GW2 especially.

I apologize that I was not more explicit with how I define Trinity. My use of the term hasn't been used that way in a long time and I should have anticipated some readers not understanding what I meant.

Also this: I play GW2 regularly. I find it enjoyable, I have fun with it and in it, but it is not to me a true MMO, because for the most part Players can go through almost all the game and not have to rely on anyone else for assistance. I do enjoy GW2 for what it is. Gw2's world is beautiful. The creative love the Devs put into the game world I feel is fantastic and highly enjoyable. The random conversions of the NPCs beat everything other game in entertainment value, the music I love, the Combat is enjoyable, even the small amount of skills I find fun and refreshing compared to playing LotRO or other skill heavy games. The cartoony appearance of Asura's and their Tech get on my nerves some, but I try to ignore that since so much else about GW2 is enjoyable to me.

However even saying all that I still see GW2 as a solo game, maybe even a Console Game with how Action oriented it is, and I will not apologise for seeing it that way. It is as they say "my opinion".

In my view as long the play style of a class is sufficiently different there is no need to specific roles on top of the class uniqueness.

Does a ranger player play the same in GW2 as an elementalist?

I don't think so.

As an elementalist I spend time cycling attunements, and looking for combo fields placement and combo finishers placement. In between, I generally use my cantrips/arcane spells to survive. (Unless I'm playing a conjurer and then I just bash people in the face with lightning hammer #1).

A ranger player properly spends a decent amount of time cycling pets, using pets unique skills and even directing pets to retreat if pet swap is on cooldown.

Any character using a melee weapon that can cleave (only daggers don't) also spend a bunch of time positioning themselves to hit as many targets as possible.

A thief manages their initiative and ties to hit the enemies from the flanks/back for extra backstab damage.

Now, GW2 could be better. Unfortunately for several reasons, CC isn't that amazing in PvE, mostly because bosses have defiant. I think weaker bosses with more adds that could stack defense or if the secondary heal via combo fields/skills side effects were a bit stronger the game could be more interesting.

But the holy trinity way of just taking all defense/all damage/ all healing and give it to that particular role isn't that satisfactory to me. While it gives tanks and healers importance, it also make the particular class being played unimportant - as long as it is a tank, who cares if it is paladin, a warrior, a dk, a druid, whatever?

The style of requiring particular classes, like a thief to open chests/disarm traps, can be annoying as well.

If you define a true MMORPG as a game where you can't kill a any mob on your own, sure. But those games suck.

If one defines a MMORPG as a game where people can cooperate, GW2 is a true MMORPG.

And it is my belief that a good portion of players prefer a game where playing cooperative is possible to a game where it is mandatory and it has fixed numbers and classes/roles required.

GW2 is that - you can explore the world on your own (or with another person or two) and while you do that you will have chances to interact with other people. What players make of that interaction is up to them.

Originally posted by Gardavsshade

Did you know that MMO stands for 'massively multiplayer online'?

To be a true MMO, what you need is a massive amount of people playing together online. :T

Do you know what 'solo' means?  It means 'by yourself'.  To be a solo game, you must be playing it without other people involved.  Even a game where there is one other person becomes a co-op game, or a versus game.

Do you know what a console refers to?  It refers to a gaming system such as an NES or a Playstation or a Wii.  A console game is a game played on a console, or perhaps at a stretch, a game that originated on a console system, and then was ported to a computer.

You may have your own personal definitions that you are filing under 'my opinion', but they are actually wrong.

Yes.  Opinions can be wrong.  When I say 'I like this picture', that is an opinion that is subjective.  When I look at a red object and say 'This is a green object', I am wrong.  Even if in my head, red is green, it's irrelevant.  Going by the definitions laid out by the English language, I am wrong.

It is important that people use words in the same way, as often as possible, because it is impossible for us to read minds.  The closest we can get to understanding how other people think is communication through language.  Therefore, going by established definitions is very important, because otherwise we are no longer able to understand the other person, and we are not talking with the other person, we are merely talking at the other person.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

A fairly solid game.  Leveling is a good experience.  But I wouldn't expect to find longevity in it.  Most players seem to leave the game after a few months. 

Once you hit end game you may discover that you are participating in one of the biggest theme parks ever invented.  It's literally like a carnival.  You need this currency to buy this, but this other currency to buy that!  Collect things!  Look at this new attraction over here, and now this other one over there!  Grind same mobs.  Dailies are pointless tasks that are more like jobs than actually anything else and most of the end game is just gimmicky as all get out.  I literally felt at end game, and logging in more recently that the game seems like a carnival mixed with a renaissance fair. 

I feel GW2 is overly structured.  If you don't mind that it should serve you well, and it is lots of fun to play. 

However I've finally reached the point I don't think I'll be playing mmo's until I see a more sandbox type game.  I want a world with amazing randomness in it.  I don't want to grind the same mobs for loot.  I don't even want to be able to tell what loot drops from what mob.  It should all be as random as possible. 

MMO's have too much structure now days and it doesn't feel like an adventure because of it.  GW2 may be the worst I've ever seen regarding that. 

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Apparently only the healers and tanks do team work and the large majority of players that play DPS even in holy trinity oriented games don't matter.

And since DPS players do no team work, whatever they do doesn't really matter but somehow they can survive bosses without tanks and healers in GW2.

Could it be that actually you need to know how to play a DPS class and use your dodges and blocks properly?

Nah, the game must be too easy at the same time that it is a zerg rezzing fest.

Because it is so easy but people somehow die so much the game is rezz zerg fest.

Another day in the world of people that can't tolerate difference...

Riiiiight because DPS players are the very definition of tolerance!  DPS players survive the bosses in GW2 because that's how the game is designed. What a shocker! The people who play DPS in traditional MMOs are the ones that are happy with GW2 for obvious reasons. But for people who like tanking and healing, this game has nothing to offer you. 

Which system is more strategic is debatable but from my experience GW2 dungeons felt extremely boring. They were boring the very first time I played them. I have never had this happen to me in an MMO - new dungeons being boring. What I missed was actual resource management (in GW2 there is no mana etc. only thiefs have initiative but I haven't played one) and no real thought behind the dungeons. It just felt like I was dpsing and dodging like crazy. Also variety was lacking. When playing other MMOs I would alternate between the three different roles - dps, tanking, healing or in some cases even support/debuffing etc. In GW2 it feels like every class does only dps and there is no real variety beyond that. The limited skill selection also makes it feel very restrictive unlike GW1

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• Psion33Psion33 Member Posts: 248
    Originally posted by Fusion
    Originally posted by Psion33
    Originally posted by Professor78
    If you don't really care about teamwork... this is exactly the game for you

Who can be bothered to put so much trust in someone that they'll do their job (from within the trinity?) No thank you sir.

Why play an MMO in the first place if you don't trust your fellow gamer / team-member?

Singleplayer games lets you be the boss of you success all on your own.

Do you really want me to spell it out for you? I shall then. When F2P'ers talk about "whales" they often talk about people that are akin to myself.

Why do we play games with F2P'ers? Because the F2P'ers are there to provide the entertainment for us. It's basically the same "argument" F2P'ers use against whales, but that whales are easily able to reverse back on F2P'ers with a "well do your job and provide me some entertainment."

Now lets go full circle with this. Why do I view you, another gamer as my personal entertainment? Because I can keep my nose to the grind stone on quest(s) if I want or I can pull up a queue of some sort and get in some group content. IE, you're there to enable me to be "social" if and only if I choose so.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Fusion
    Originally posted by Professor78
    If you don't really care about teamwork... this is exactly the game for you

Who can be bothered to put so much trust in someone that they'll do their job (from within the trinity?) No thank you sir.

Why play an MMO in the first place if you don't trust your fellow gamer / team-member?

Singleplayer games lets you be the boss of you success all on your own.

Do you really want me to spell it out for you? I shall then. When F2P'ers talk about "whales" they often talk about people that are akin to myself.

Why do we play games with F2P'ers? Because the F2P'ers are there to provide the entertainment for us. It's basically the same "argument" F2P'ers use against whales, but that whales are easily able to reverse back on F2P'ers with a "well do your job and provide me some entertainment."

Now lets go full circle with this. Why do I view you, another gamer as my personal entertainment? Because I can keep my nose to the grind stone on quest(s) if I want or I can pull up a queue of some sort and get in some group content. IE, you're there to enable me to be "social" if and only if I choose so.

No idea what you are talking about, maybe I need some lessons in interwebz

• PiechunksPiechunks Member Posts: 136

... and legendary weapons are better than exotic weapons, they have higher stats and infusion slots.

There are ascended weapons which have equally high stats, but they're hardly 'readily obtainable' (We're talking hundreds of gold to craft one, and they can't be bought... or you can hope for a random drop), and they're still inferior to legendary weapons, where you can any time out of combat, switch them to any stat grouping in the game.  So if you need more defense, it can change to that, if you just want pure killing power, it can do that.  Want more healing power?  It can do that too.

I also noticed other people seem to think zerging and dying repeatedly works as a tactic in a dungeon (It doesn't) still.

It would sort of be like me complaining that one of the things I don't like about WoW is that it has no form of instanced PvP.

They changed Tequatl? I haven't played for a month, but until then it was essentially a zerg with a few cannons thrown in.

They recently buffed Legendary weapons to match ascended and thus exceed exotic. You don't need anything more than exotic for the dungeon content  (ignoring fractals) up to whatever the vogue of fractal is, or did they buff that too?

Better hurry up and call papa mod though to clean up my posts, so you can continue to troll away unabashed.

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Originally posted by Coldhatez

So what can i expect? Im a former WoW player, and i liked that game alot.

I heard there is no gear progression so how does the end game work?

Thanks

Find better friends.

They changed Tequatl? I haven't played for a month, but until then it was essentially a zerg with a few cannons thrown in.

They recently buffed Legendary weapons to match ascended and thus exceed exotic. You don't need anything more than exotic for the dungeon content  (ignoring fractals) up to whatever the vogue of fractal is, or did they buff that too?

Better hurry up and call papa mod though to clean up my posts, so you can continue to troll away unabashed.

They changed Tequatl last week, actually.

You don't NEED more than exotic (in fact, you don't really need more than rare.  There's very, very little content you can't complete fairly easily wearing rares), but to say Legendary doesn't have an advantage over exotic is an insult to math.

Numbers mean something, believe it or not.  And the ability to freely swap stats?  Pretty amazingly useful.  Especially for say, Tequatl, where the standard Berserker weapon (Power, precision and crit damage) is pathetic, because he's immune to crits (Meaning you effectively have a single stat weapon).

Why would I have a mod clean up your posts?  How am I trolling to correct you when you are factually wrong?  Your posts are a nice counterpoint to my more informed posts, I have no reason for them to go away.  In fact I quote them so even if you deleted your posts in abject shame, I'd still have evidence of how wrong you are. ;)

So trolling is now telling the truth? You haven't played in a month, he just said what changed this month so clearly you missed that.

... what the fuck, man.

• JackdogJackdog Member UncommonPosts: 6,321

Thanks

if you enjoyed WoW then I am afraid  GW2 will probably be too complex for you

Classes are not one dimensional cookie cutter one size fits all templates as in Wow and combat goes beyond WOW's just stand in one spot spamming a set key sequence

On the end game you can grind various titles though so that may appeal top you, for grind for fluff weapon skins or weapons/armor that is a tad better than commonly available. Failure to do so though does not make your toon unplayable, so that may or may not appeal to you

To simplify it if you enjoy the simple game design of WoW and the endless hamster wheel of raiding this is not the game for you

I miss DAoC

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Jackdog

Thanks

if you enjoyed WoW then I am afraid  GW2 will probably be too complex for you 

Was this insult really needed?

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Originally posted by IridescentOrk
    it's a dps zerg fest

actually this

also not suitable for a former wow or wow like player. don't waste your time

• KenaoshiKenaoshi Member UncommonPosts: 1,022
    Originally posted by Aroukos
    it's a dps zerg fest

actually this

No not this. You haven't played the game and is spreading misinformed information.

Go play Fractals, COE, Arah, Tequalt then come back.

Now if people think RAID == Good Game, then i fell sorry for y'all

PS: yes, obvious troll thread is obvious 

now: GW2 (11 80s).
    Dark Souls 2.
    future: Mount&Blade 2 BannerLord.
    "Bro, do your even fractal?"
    Recommends: Guild Wars 2, Dark Souls, Mount&Blade: Warband, Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Aroukos
    it's a dps zerg fest

actually this

No barrens chat ruins it for the WoW crowd every time .....Simon say's roll over and jump up 10 times Simon say's (you get the point ) it's bad enough I watch movies with Zombies in them I sure don't want to have to game with them

• RagisRagis Member UncommonPosts: 4

Classes are not one dimensional cookie cutter one size fits all templates as in Wow and combat goes beyond WOW's just stand in one spot spamming a set key sequence

Seriously? IMHO that's exactly like that in GW2. All classes in GW2 are one size fits all, cause all share exactly the same tactics: dps + dodge + heal yourself + rez others. That's all there is in this game. There is no meaningful teamwork based on who I am and what gear and skill choices I've made. All there is, is chaos. Everyone spams their fields and conditions, and it makes no difference who does what, cause every class can cast most of them anyway, so everything is up and ticking in a matter of seconds. Also, you want to tell me that GW2 gives player more options, with it's grand total of 10 skills available in fight? Please..

And obviously none of you have ever played more advanced raids in WoW if you say that it's stand in one spot spamming. I do not play WoW anymore, but I remember encounters where fast reactions, coordination and movement were essential for success. Everyone knew what is his role in this fight, and every failure and death mattered.

And it was way more complicated than 'dps+dodge'.  It's been years since, but I still remember tears of joy and sweat after our first kill of C'Thun. Read up on how "one spot spamming" it was.

Fight in GW2 is simple and will stay that way, cause more complex encounters can't be created without classes specialized in different aspects of the game. There's only so much you can do with 8 dps classes.

You can hate the Trinity all you want, but without it you're just playing Diablo in MMO world.

I'm no huge fan of Trinity either, but there must be some middle ground here. Maybe WildStar will find it.

• eliteroelitero Member UncommonPosts: 264
    Originally posted by Ragis

Seriously? IMHO that's exactly like that in GW2. All classes in GW2 are one size fits all, cause all share exactly the same tactics: dps + dodge + heal yourself + rez others. That's all there is in this game. There is no meaningful teamwork based on who I am and what gear and skill choices I've made. All there is, is chaos. Everyone spams their fields and conditions, and it makes no difference who does what, cause every class can cast most of them anyway, so everything is up and ticking in a matter of seconds. Also, you want to tell me that GW2 gives player more options, with it's grand total of 10 skills available in fight? Please..

And obviously none of you have ever played more advanced raids in WoW if you say that it's stand in one spot spamming. I do not play WoW anymore, but I remember encounters where fast reactions, coordination and movement were essential for success. Everyone knew what is his role in this fight, and every failure and death mattered.

And it was way more complicated than 'dps+dodge'.  It's been years since, but I still remember tears of joy and sweat after our first kill of C'Thun. Read up on how "one spot spamming" it was.

Fight in GW2 is simple and will stay that way, cause more complex encounters can't be created without classes specialized in different aspects of the game. There's only so much you can do with 8 dps classes.

You can hate the Trinity all you want, but without it you're just playing Diablo in MMO world.

I'm no huge fan of Trinity either, but there must be some middle ground here. Maybe WildStar will find it.

if  DPS + HEAL + Rez others + Dodge is all you think gw2 is. This page would like a word with you =)    (if you do not play the game, you probably will not understand the importance of it.)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Combo

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by Ragis

Blah blah blah

Everyone played WoW ....the fact you know nothing about GW2 is obvious ,what you feel is the "Puppy Love Syndrome"nobody really hates WOW (they just grow up and move on))