Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Binding Coil - World First!

Congrats to the elite EU guild!

With the Coil being possible to complete easily and the Crystal Tower being a lower skilled raid, it makes you wonder what they are going to do for all these guilds that are coming across the finish line.

Comments

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

I have not seen such a "l33t" OP post since the prime time of WoW

Ah the nostalgia

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    The coil being possible to complete easy? Only a handful of people have killed it.  Dumb statements incoming.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• proxy42086proxy42086 Member UncommonPosts: 30
    It isnt a true world first, the boss bugged out and stood there at 80% and did nothing they just dpsd it down
  • RagnarHiveRagnarHive Member Posts: 4
    Originally posted by proxy42086
    It isnt a true world first, the boss bugged out and stood there at 80% and did nothing they just dpsd it down

Call it what you want, but it was a World First. They got to see the cutscenes, lore and items before anyone else.

• KrashnerKrashner Member Posts: 137
    Originally posted by RagnarHive

Call it what you want, but it was a World First. They got to see the cutscenes, lore and items before anyone else.

You're both right, they didn't earn the victory, but they beat it nonetheless. I don't believe they deserve bragging rights though.

• TsuruTsuru Member UncommonPosts: 297
    keyword. "see" I remember when something like this in WoW happened and the guild got banned, and all items taken from them because they continued to fight the boss even though it was bugged instead of reporting it to Blizzard.
  • TheGynocologistTheGynocologist Member UncommonPosts: 4
    The FC who downed him never claimed world first, they did quite the opposite, and wrote a detailed bug report to the devs of how it occured and requested that all loot be taken back.  [mod edit]  The downing FC even attempted to remain nameless, although considering the server it was accomplished on it probably a bitch far fetched of a gameplan.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

This thread comes off as agenda based. I could be wrong, though.

Originally posted by TheGynocologist
    The FC who downed him never claimed world first, they did quite the opposite, and wrote a detailed bug report to the devs of how it occured and requested that all loot be taken back.  [mod edit]  The downing FC even attempted to remain nameless, although considering the server it was accomplished on it probably a bitch far fetched of a gameplan.

No troll here. You are right, they didn't claim World First, but it does not matter. They beat the final boss, watched the cutscene and saw the ending to the dungeon. They were the first to finish the dungeon, you cannot deny that. Even if they roll back the items, they still were the first ones to end it.

[mod edit]

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Trust The Gynocologist.

His fingers speak truth, even if they are a little cold.

Seriously, hold a mitten warmer next time.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Grats first off... but Im more intrested how they do when the boss does not bug out. How they fair then will validate or nagate this IMO.
  • IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

I'm always skeptical of any posts where the OP has the entirity of their posts IN the post.

Grats to them.  Glad they aren't accepting the world first for something they didn't earn.

• cybersurfrcybersurfr Member UncommonPosts: 168
    Congrats to them for reporting it as a bug and trying to be humble about it. That earns them more respect from me than what the poster obviously left out from his OP.
  • ShubawkssShubawkss Member Posts: 55

[mod edit] This isn't world first, the boss bugged at 80%. Stop making more of something than what it's supposed to be. The team that completed "bugged" this boss out has already submitted a support ticket to receive a rollback for the fight and have the items be removed.

[mod edit]

All I am doing is stating the facts here. There is no need to get all defensive over the obvious. They were the first to finish the content, there is nothing more to be said on that end.

On the end that it is too easy: Crystal Tower is suppose to be "lower" in terms of skill and gear. With people being Coil, Crystal is going to be a breeze. They need to push out something for those who are progressing faster.

• jackwu10jackwu10 Member Posts: 127

All I am doing is stating the facts here. There is no need to get all defensive over the obvious. They were the first to finish the content, there is nothing more to be said on that end.

On the end that it is too easy: Crystal Tower is suppose to be "lower" in terms of skill and gear. With people being Coil, Crystal is going to be a breeze. They need to push out something for those who are progressing faster.

are u seriously still trying to continue the thread? ur persistent is remarkable.

• SithosSithos Member UncommonPosts: 315

Stating that facts? What about the fact that the boss bugged @ 80%? Convenient how that fact was left out. Self serving thread if ever there was one.  You can say they were the first to finish the content... Due to a bug.  Come back when they do it legit.  

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by jackwu10

are u seriously still trying to continue the thread? ur persistent is remarkable.

^

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

WAAHAHAHAHAA

Shouting out dips on world first with a bugged boss, haven't seen a load this big since my visit to the elephant cages at the zoo.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • fistormfistorm Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Krashner

You're both right, they didn't earn the victory, but they beat it nonetheless. I don't believe they deserve bragging rights though.

On top of it all, SE issued a notice that anyone continuing to dps a mob that is immobilized instead of reporting it will get a data rollback or even possibly a ban for it.    I'm guessing they got a dataroll back and lost thier progress and loot for this.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

not all of crystal is easyer than coil is gets harder the higher you go

• ZalmonZalmon Member Posts: 319

Your original statement was that they did it 'easy' and then you admit it was bugged (only because someone brought it up). So what is it..did they beat it easy because they are too L33T or because it was bugged?

You are alll over the place with your changing comments.

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,404

This here, they bugged the boss at 80% and exploited to completion with boss being able to do no damage to them.  They might get banned if SE gets prissy for their "world first".

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• taus01taus01 Member Posts: 1,352

Congrats to the elite EU guild!

With the Coil being possible to complete easily and the Crystal Tower being a lower skilled raid, it makes you wonder what they are going to do for all these guilds that are coming across the finish line.

They abused a glitch that makes the boss not do anything from 80% on. This is not a world first and they hopefully get banned soon.

"Give players systems and tools instead of rails and rules"

• AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570

SE already addressed this with the 24 hour bug on Titan HM.  If a boss gets bugged, it is the player's responsibility to not abuse it.  They were quite clear on this.

If the FC reported the bug, kudos to them.  That is the sole reason why I wouldn't advocate a ban on them.  However, I can't think of a single reason why it was necessary to kill the boss from 80% if the boss was bugged.  That alone deserves some sort of punishment.