Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who has Quit EVE Since odyssey?

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

I had 3 paid accounts for EVE myself I enjoy the game with a small corp before the Odyssey patch however after the patch they made changes to the game which made EVE No longer a sand-box MMO but generic garbage in my eyes.

. Ice Mining, Was changed it no longer stays spawned in the system to be mined out instead it spawns randomly has to be scanned, and de-spawns in front of you're eyes as if it were never there if this were real life if EVE were real Asteroids would not despawn in front of my eyes.

I quit Eve on all my accounts for this reason,  I like the old way it worked, and I have hopes for star citizen it might be better than EVE online, and more fun.

. My other friends quit because of the scanning how it was changed and ruined by eve no longer being able to scan down something and solo complete the objective but having to change ships and so on.

How many have quit?

Comments

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    A lot of ice botters have quit, yes.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• BlackLightzBlackLightz Member UncommonPosts: 17
    I like the changes...
  • MrDooganMrDoogan Member UncommonPosts: 15
    If that was all it took to get you to quit, you were not very loyal to the game...
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Renoaku

I had 3 paid accounts for EVE myself I enjoy the game with a small corp before the Odyssey patch however after the patch they made changes to the game which made EVE No longer a sand-box MMO but generic garbage in my eyes.

. Ice Mining, Was changed it no longer stays spawned in the system to be mined out instead it spawns randomly has to be scanned, and de-spawns in front of you're eyes as if it were never there if this were real life if EVE were real Asteroids would not despawn in front of my eyes.

I quit Eve on all my accounts for this reason,  I like the old way it worked, and I have hopes for star citizen it might be better than EVE online, and more fun.

. My other friends quit because of the scanning how it was changed and ruined by eve no longer being able to scan down something and solo complete the objective but having to change ships and so on.

How many have quit?

So you quit because:

A) you can still ice mine, it's just in celestials now without in a static belt.

B) you have to scan for it but the ice belts appear immediately without having to use any scanning skills and probes?

So what has changed really:

Ice belt celstials de-spawn after being mined and respawn in a different location in the same system, but

it's not really easier to run a mining bot train as you have to be active to put the bots in the ice belt after each respawn.

I got your point.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Sounds like your whining over 1 minor aspect of the game that was changed, I have stayed loyal to games that changed entire aspects of how its played (City of Heroes major nerfs, played star wars galaxies for 2 months after...we all know what) but you are quitting because you cant bot anymore??

Mystery Bounty

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

So an ice mining change made the whole game not a sand box anymore?  People really have to stop using buzzwords they don't understand.

And, start citizen will be nothing like EVE no matter how much they make people want to believe it will be.  It will probably be more like the star wars fighter pilot games :P.

Originally posted by NetSage

So an I mining change made the whole game not a sand box anymore?  People really have to stop using buzzwords they don't understand.

And, start citizen will be nothing like EVE no matter how much they make people want to believe it will be.  It will probably be more like the star wars fighter pilot games :P.

For a lot of people "Sandbox" seems to mean "I get whatever I want whenever I want it, the way I want it."

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I left the game, not because of anything in the expansion, but because I just got tired of it. I had seven years of EVE on and off and I just felt it was time for a change and time to move on to some other games. I'm not sure I'll be back, it's pretty unlikely, I just have no enthusiasm for it anymore.
  • PerramasPerramas Member UncommonPosts: 83
    I still have one account active, my main account. I did deactivate 2 Mining Alt accounts, Orca/Mining Booster account and my exploration/freighter alt account.

FUncom putting the FU in fun since 1993.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157
    Originally posted by Muke

How many have quit?

So you quit because:

A) you can still ice mine, it's just in celestials now without in a static belt.

B) you have to scan for it but the ice belts appear immediately without having to use any scanning skills and probes?

So what has changed really:

Ice belt celstials de-spawn after being mined and respawn in a different location in the same system, but

it's not really easier to run a mining bot train as you have to be active to put the bots in the ice belt after each respawn.

I got your point.

Yes I went to three of my favorite systems the ice belts were no longer there, they respawn on timers don't respawn at random locations on the map so basically I have to be on at a certain time to mine ice now unless it has been changed but it wasn't when I was there as there is absolutely no ice spawns in the map where they used to spawn except certain times they will spawn other times you have to travel to other systems so annoying.

Ice Mining does not stop the botting/Real Money Trading either it will just screw with the ecnomics a bit, as all the EVE Bots I have seen can be easily programmed to scan, located ice mines warp to them, or a player can use a program called ISBoxer which is a legit program to use along with a bot (The Bot Program is not legit.) They then send all their bots to an ice field let bot take over for X  number of hours when its over they repeat.

But yes this is the reason Not only myself but about 5 of us who had more than one account quit eve because of scanning and how annoying eve became with the ice mining in high sec.

Loyal to a game, Maybe when it first comes out but as soon as the Developers of a game start doing stupid things that I do not Agree with I drop my subscriptions, and I do not agree with the ice mining/despawn things I like it the way it was for all the years before odyssey which broke the game for me as a player.

Heck CCP didn't even ask me or the entire community if we wanted these changes they just throw in massive changes to ships, call it balance, throw out changes to mining that have been there for many years.

Which is the reason I am looking for a new Space MMO.

• enik3enik3 Member Posts: 37
    EVE is a better game when carebears/miners aren't involved anyway.
  • HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Is this new?

From what i read about them in the patch notes the ice anomalies shouldn't be despawning before they are completed.

Ice anomaly spawns > Completed > 4 hour window > new ice anomaly spawns.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Can I have your stuff?

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.

Originally posted by Hazelle

Is this new?

From what i read about them in the patch notes the ice anomalies shouldn't be despawning before they are completed.

Ice anomaly spawns > Completed > 4 hour window > new ice anomaly spawns.

Listen. How many times have you been told about bringing facts into these discussions?

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

OP, I take it that for you, Ice Mining was EVE.

If it's virtually the only thing you ever do in the game, then I can understand how a significant change in this tiny part of the massive and complex EVE universe could appear to "fundamentally ruin" the gameplay.

But if you did not spend the majority of your EVE life in ice belts, then your post is a ridiculous exaggeration bordering on a childish tantrum. Why not be honest here ? You simply grew tired of the game and needed a justification for quitting.

• Mors.MagneMors.Magne Member UncommonPosts: 1,549

I've quit since Odyssey for 2 reasons:

1) Eve's expansions have changed from giving us new content (Sleepers, T3 ships etc.) to tweaking existing graphics and adjusting stats. For CCP, this is much cheaper (particularly when they are using their resources on Valkyrie and DUST), but I don't find it exciting as an Eve Online player.

2) I'm spending less time on games and more time on my career.

Originally posted by Mors.Magne

1) Eve's expansions have changed from giving us new content (Sleepers, T3 ships etc.) to tweaking existing graphics and adjusting stats. For CCP, this is much cheaper (particularly when they are using their resources on Valkyrie and DUST), but I don't find it exciting as an Eve Online player.

It might be worth a few minutes of your time to watch the announcement of the winter expansion on the 26th.

Originally posted by Malcanis

It might be worth a few minutes of your time to watch the announcement of the winter expansion on the 26th.

Ok - I will!

I think the problem is that I've played Eve Online since 2006 - the longer you play a game, the greater your expectations increase. This is because you crave new adventure.

Some people are hooked regardless because of the relationships you can build up with people in an MMORPG - I'm not one of those people.

I think CCP is crafting new adventure mostly by creating off-shoots like Valkyrie and DUST. 

However, I'll keep an open mind and watch out for the announcement. :o)

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699

How many have quit?

Backup a minute.  I've been out of the loop for over a year now so maybe I missed something.  What are you no longer able to scan down?

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

Hmm, I am in the same boat, so the idea of new and fun things on the horizon could convince me to come back yet again.

I'll keep an eye out. (no worries, I don't ice mine, so I'm not affected by Odyssey) image

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

Originally posted by Kyleran

Hmm, I am in the same boat, so the idea of new and fun things on the horizon could convince me to come back yet again.

I'll keep an eye out. (no worries, I don't ice mine, so I'm not affected by Odyssey) image

Me too!  :o)

I'm not really playing Eve Online, but I'm still skilling up my 2 accounts until my subscription runs out April 2014.

I'm really looking for a reason to re-subscribe, but I'm cynical. I really hope CCP come up with something exciting in the meantime.

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345
    I'm thinking of re-subbing but waiting for the next EVE expansion news later before making a final commitment.
  • uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258

Nothing. They only changed the probe scanning UI and made it more visually appealing and easier to get into for new players. Hacking sites are now free of rats in known space, and the cans are now accessible via a new mini-game, making solo exploration in general a less SP heavy activity. Exploration loot value in hisec took a nosedive as result, but in low/null it's still extremly profitable if you know what you're doing.

I honestly see no sensible reason to quit eve in odyssey. The game feels better than ever.

Originally posted by uplink4242

Nothing. They only changed the probe scanning UI and made it more visually appealing and easier to get into for new players. Hacking sites are now free of rats in known space, and the cans are now accessible via a new mini-game, making solo exploration in general a less SP heavy activity. Exploration loot value in hisec took a nosedive as result, but in low/null it's still extremly profitable if you know what you're doing.

I honestly see no sensible reason to quit eve in odyssey. The game feels better than ever.

The reason I will not re-subscribe is that there is no new content and CCP have just tweaked the stats (again).

It gives me no satisfaction to write this whatsoever.  :o|

• uplink4242uplink4242 Member UncommonPosts: 258

Oh  I understand,

Would any of this make you interested again? http://www.eveonline.com/rubicon