Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Vanilla/BC WoW type game :)

EvilKefkaEvilKefka Member Posts: 4

Hi! This is my first post, this seems like a really great website. Any feedback will be greatly appreciated :) <3

Anywho i'm looking for a game that is like what is stated in the title.

I'm Looking for

- Progression Raiding (Great raiding mechanics, and you have to progress through dungeons/raids instead of the game throwing free gear amazing gear at you every patch.)

- Great Community(Coming from WoW, the community has declined rapidly, i'm assuming due to things like LFG and LFR. Everyone has turned into a douchebag and wants everything handed to them on a silver platter.)

- A long, challenging and fun Leveling Experience(Challenge mostly, something that will teach you mechanics of your class) Funny story my cousins 8 year old son has a level 90 in WoW and did it all by himself but can't get past the first castle in Super Mario World... WoW has turned into a childs game.

- Long Talent Trees ( It feels good to be able to customize your character every level as you progress).

- Different Classes/specs ( I'm not a big fan of the whole, pick a character and be everything model).

- Subscription ( This doesn't matter to me as much, but i would prefer it. Pay to win is never good ^.^;)

As you can probably see i'm more into the standard older style of MMO's and there doesn't seem to be any good ones out anymore, or the ones that were are slowly ruining themselves and changing to boring casual friendly single player experiences. I am more of a casual even though I enjoy raiding but I still want a game that gives me something to look forward to the longer I play and better I become. No easy modes :)

Thanks to anyone who took the time to read this and help me out <3

Comments

• MaelzraelMaelzrael Member UncommonPosts: 405
    Www.wildstar.com

• EvilKefkaEvilKefka Member Posts: 4
    I'll check it out! Thanks for the response :)
  • FoeHammerJTFoeHammerJT Member Posts: 148

I'll watch this post.

I want this game too.

Right now you have a couple of choices: Causal/Easy Face Rolls and a Gankfest in Darkfall 2/MO.

Not a lot in between, although Secret World wasn't as bad as most...

• clockwerk2013clockwerk2013 Member UncommonPosts: 27
    wildstar is my only hope.
  • fs23otmfs23otm Member RarePosts: 506

FFXIV:ARR fits the bill and raiding will be out by years end.

Minus the talent tress currently.... but the job system is kind of like a talent tree.

• FreezzoFreezzo Member UncommonPosts: 235

It's not too far away from WoW, but RIFT is doing well and is a fun game. Aside from the challenging leveling (unless you keep strictly to content 2 to 4 levels above your content for the first 50 levels) it has what you're looking for.

It does have the 'pick a character and be anything'-model you seem to loathe, but you choose a role (the standard tank, heal, dps, support) and stick to it for the duration of say a dungeon. And if the healer leaves you might be able to fill that role as a dps is easier to come by. At a certain point the gear you accumulate makes it harder to switch, as you'd need an alike set for tanking and dps and know the rotations of both specs to do both at a progression level.

Hope it helps. :)

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." - John F. Kennedy
    And for MMORPGs ever so true...

• EvilKefkaEvilKefka Member Posts: 4

Thanks for all the replies!! I'll be sure to check out the games posted!

• DirkinDirkin Member Posts: 78

Vanguard has pretty much everything you're looking for, if you don't mind an older game with a smaller (but very friendly and helpful) community. The only thing it sort of lacks from the list is extensive talent trees I suppose, but you do have control over your stat allocation every level, so you can customize in different ways.

• AhnogAhnog Member UncommonPosts: 240
    Star Wars the Old Republic has everything you stated you are looking for.

Ahnog

Hokey religions are no replacement for a good blaster at your side.