Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There Should Be A Petition For A True Open World Experience And Non-Restricted Open World PVP

Comments

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by PAL-18

He's in the smaller group, not the larger group.  
    Ahhaa that makes sense,so this is a WoW killer and if its not then you were wrong and smaller group was actually right.

What does WoW have to do with anything?

Of the people who are playing ESO, the group that wants the whole PvP thing are the smaller group.

Pretty sure none is playing it and pretty sure that peeps who wants multi-player game wants also to multi-play.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by Macrinus101

I don't know what is wrong with these mindless developers, they are real idiots. The fact that you cannot see the enemy faction when you enter their territory makes no damn sense at all, things like this are virtually unheard of in all MMO's. Also the fact that all PVP is restricted to Cryrodil and your gear automatically scales in Cyrodil so everything is balanced, that part is fine but I want true open world pvp with no gear changes. Why the hell can't we have a game that allows all factions to play with each other? Since they are using shards, the PVE places would simply have a flagging system for pvp outside of Cyrodiil and a PVP Shard will have unrestricted pvp. I am really disapointed with this game, I was really looking foward to a first person MMORPG that doesn't have garbage gameplay (Darkfall unholy wars but still, I never played that). I really liked the gameplay in Skyrim and an Elder scrolls mmo with gameplay like that would be amazing but with all these stupid restrictions, this MMO will feel BORING.

I wanna see the enemy faction in their zones and I don't want all pvp restricted to Cyrodiil. Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like Black Desert Online and EQ Next being made, sadly, these fantasy MMO's will probably not have a first person view that you can actually play in and see your sword/shield/staff.

Guess what? If you want open-world PvP, I've got news for you...

ESO is NOT the game for you. So get over it, move on.

• 9Prejudice9Prejudice Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by Macrinus101

I don't know what is wrong with these mindless developers, they are real idiots. The fact that you cannot see the enemy faction when you enter their territory makes no damn sense at all, things like this are virtually unheard of in all MMO's. Also the fact that all PVP is restricted to Cryrodil and your gear automatically scales in Cyrodil so everything is balanced, that part is fine but I want true open world pvp with no gear changes. Why the hell can't we have a game that allows all factions to play with each other? Since they are using shards, the PVE places would simply have a flagging system for pvp outside of Cyrodiil and a PVP Shard will have unrestricted pvp. I am really disapointed with this game, I was really looking foward to a first person MMORPG that doesn't have garbage gameplay (Darkfall unholy wars but still, I never played that). I really liked the gameplay in Skyrim and an Elder scrolls mmo with gameplay like that would be amazing but with all these stupid restrictions, this MMO will feel BORING.

I wanna see the enemy faction in their zones and I don't want all pvp restricted to Cyrodiil. Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like Black Desert Online and EQ Next being made, sadly, these fantasy MMO's will probably not have a first person view that you can actually play in and see your sword/shield/staff.

Blablablablabla...all I hear is you want this you want that. Nobody really cares about what you want. You want a petition, go start one. Oh what? You were hoping someone would start one for you?  

• xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141

I wish there would be some channels or w/e they are using for unrestricted pvp.  I really do feel it takes away for the game for my playstyle.  It also decreases immersion.  I would love to see some dark elves venture into my area if I were wood elf and eat them.  Or be extra nervous venturing into other fractions zones.  Is there structured pvp/battleground in this game?  I mainly pvp, but do not like zerg fest like gw2 3 faction pvp, which kind of reminds me of what ESO (yes I know there are differences) :).

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363

What is this "everyone" nonsense? I know that RVR has a following but its marginal at best. We are talking about the DAOC, GW2 and the WAR model to a degree. Not open world factions like most popular pvp games use. Right now as is DAOC is under 50k subs, WAR is probably lower and GW2 is lucky to have 200k if that but they wont release active accounts probably for a reason. If were talking about a popularity contest these games cannot even compete with Runescape or SWTOR  and SWTOR is nearly dead itself. 

For people who do pvp besides the veteran DAOC nostalgia vets restrictions are never good. You wont get a single convert from RIFT, WOW, EVE, Lineage you will just siphon off from existing RVR player fanbases and at max even if you round up every DAOC vet on earth and combine them with the current GW2 player base will still be under 400k. 

You also will not win over Elder scrolls Vets who know full well this is a Zenimax cash grab that feels absolutely nothing like the single player games. I can probably guess correctly that more people purchased morrowind then will ever buy this game. 

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by Sleepyfish

What is this "everyone" nonsense? I know that RVR has a following but its marginal at best. We are talking about the DAOC, GW2 and the WAR model to a degree. Not open world factions like most popular pvp games use. Right now as is DAOC is under 50k subs, WAR is probably lower and GW2 is lucky to have 200k if that but they wont release active accounts probably for a reason. If were talking about a popularity contest these games cannot even compete with Runescape or SWTOR  and SWTOR is nearly dead itself. 

For people who do pvp besides the veteran DAOC nostalgia vets restrictions are never good. You wont get a single convert from RIFT, WOW, EVE, Lineage you will just siphon off from existing RVR player fanbases and at max even if you round up every DAOC vet on earth and combine them with the current GW2 player base will still be under 400k. 

You also will not win over Elder scrolls Vets who know full well this is a Zenimax cash grab that feels absolutely nothing like the single player games. I can probably guess correctly that more people purchased morrowind then will ever buy this game. 

1) WTF does introducing a PVP feature that wasn't in the single player games have to do with Elder Scroll Vets who care more about the PVE feel?

2) Please stop posting baseless facts. If you have a link that shows evidence of volume of users who prefer RVR versus battlegrounds, supply that, otherwise, your comment is speculation at best.

3) You do realize Warhammer had more people wasting time in battlegrounds which people whined forever during the first 3-6 months that not enough folks had an incentive to do RVR, right? Not sure you have even played the games you are talking about.

There Is Always Hope!

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by keithian

1) WTF does introducing a PVP feature that wasn't in the single player games have to do with Elder Scroll Vets who care more about the PVE feel?

2) Please stop posting baseless facts. If you have a link that shows evidence of volume of users who prefer RVR versus battlegrounds, supply that, otherwise, your comment is speculation at best.

3) You do realize Warhammer had more people wasting time in battlegrounds which people whined forever during the first 3-6 months that not enough folks had an incentive to do RVR, right? Not sure you have even played the games you are talking about.

You are obviously trying to start a fight rather than prove me wrong. Anything I said can be backed up by the actual sub numbers those games have today. Other than that you tend to just be commenting on words you see and not reading anything and I dont feel the need to respond to your hypersensitive rage. 

• sapphensapphen Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Originally posted by Comaf

It's not nice to call Matt Firor's team idiots.  He invented Realm vs Realm vs Realm.  What have you done?

Nope, nope, nope ~ Matt did NOT invent RvRvR.  I'm not getting in the middle of this discussion but I can let this claim go unchallenged.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by lizardbones   Originally posted by PAL-18 Originally posted by lizardbones   Originally posted by PAL-18

Ahhaa that makes sense,so this is a WoW killer and if its not then you were wrong and smaller group was actually right.    
    What does WoW have to do with anything? Of the people who are playing ESO, the group that wants the whole PvP thing are the smaller group.  
    Pretty sure none is playing it and pretty sure that peeps who wants multi-player game wants also to multi-play.

Of the people who want to play it. I'm sure there are very few people playing it right now.

You show me the evidence for the group of PvP MMORPG players being larger than the group of PvE MMORPG players, and I would concede that you have a point in there somewhere.

If you can show me all the Elder Scrolls PvP videos from Skyrim, Oblivion or Morrowwind and I'd conceded that you have a point in there somewhere.

There are more people who prefer PvE or Consensual PvP to people who want Always On PvP. There are zero people who have played a recent Elder Scrolls PvP game. If you go back to Battlespire, there are slightly more than zero people.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

What does WoW have to do with anything? Of the people who are playing ESO, the group that wants the whole PvP thing are the smaller group.  

Of the people who want to play it. I'm sure there are very few people playing it right now.

You show me the evidence for the group of PvP MMORPG players being larger than the group of PvE MMORPG players, and I would concede that you have a point in there somewhere.

If you can show me all the Elder Scrolls PvP videos from Skyrim, Oblivion or Morrowwind and I'd conceded that you have a point in there somewhere.

There are more people who prefer PvE or Consensual PvP to people who want Always On PvP. There are zero people who have played a recent Elder Scrolls PvP game. If you go back to Battlespire, there are slightly more than zero people.

its not even ready.you are prolly talking about testing.

WoW ,in every server you can PvP and PvE with or against opposite faction.

You seem to believe in santa claus still  if you believe  that those games were MMOs.

same as above.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by lizardbones   Originally posted by PAL-18 Originally posted by lizardbones   Originally posted by PAL-18 Originally posted by lizardbones   Originally posted by PAL-18

Of the people who want to play it. I'm sure there are very few people playing it right now. You show me the evidence for the group of PvP MMORPG players being larger than the group of PvE MMORPG players, and I would concede that you have a point in there somewhere. If you can show me all the Elder Scrolls PvP videos from Skyrim, Oblivion or Morrowwind and I'd conceded that you have a point in there somewhere. There are more people who prefer PvE or Consensual PvP to people who want Always On PvP. There are zero people who have played a recent Elder Scrolls PvP game. If you go back to Battlespire, there are slightly more than zero people.  
    its not even ready.you are prolly talking about testing.

WoW ,in every server you can PvP and PvE with or against opposite faction.

You seem to believe in santa claus still  if you believe  that those games were MMOs.

same as above.

Yes.

* whoosh * (but not too much)

* whoosh * (but a lot)

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by keithian

You are obviously trying to start a fight rather than prove me wrong. Anything I said can be backed up by the actual sub numbers those games have today. Other than that you tend to just be commenting on words you see and not reading anything and I dont feel the need to respond to your hypersensitive rage. 

On the contrary, I'm trying to understand what you are writing, educate you a little on the reality of games like Warhammer which I played, and get sources to what you write. Odd that you didn't respond to any of my rebuttals because there is nothing you have supplied that supports anything you wrote. If you can provide sources for your sub numbers, great, until then, its all speculation.

There Is Always Hope!

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    ship has sailed.  cyrodiil offers open world,  faction based,  pvp.  at least try it before you decide that you don't like it.
  • RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365
    Originally posted by muffins89
    ship has sailed.  cyrodiil offers open world,  faction based,  pvp.  at least try it before you decide that you don't like it.

I'm a huge fan of open world free for all pvp.  but i'm with this guy.

The game needs to be designed for it, otherwise its.. well.. designed for something else.  This game is obviously a RvR type of game, maybe its a good one of those types of games.  I hope so.  I doubt i'll enjoy it very long, but the devs made their choice and I wouldn't expect them to tack on a game system for which the game wasn't designed.  

It wouldn't be worthwhile for any of us.  Its the sort of thing Blizzard and countless of its copycats did and PvP in those games is poop by many PvP enthusiast's standards.  I'm even of the belief it did more harm than good to the genre overall.  It enabled so many to point fingers and exclaim "look! nobody likes pvp!"  And maybe they are correct to a point as so many folks have only been exposed to that sort of tacked on last minute "hardcore crowd pleaser" pvp.

If you really want an elderscrolls-like online open world pvp experience try one of the current sandbox fantasy games.  Or wait for one of the many interesting looking upcoming titles.

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    So like always on this site. The 5% think they're the majority just because they make up 99% of the pvp posts.
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    Originally posted by DamonVile
    So like always on this site. The 5% think they're the majority just because they make up 99% of the pvp posts.

That's pretty much all subjects ever discussed on mmorpg.com. There's always a minority ( PVP rapists or PVE carebears most especially like to yell about not getting touched in their happy place) that will do that about any subject you can think of.

• SoMuchMassSoMuchMass Member Posts: 548

Not all games should follow the same design, I am glad this is something different.  it isn't one faction, it isn't two faction, it is three faction.  Instead of going the WoW route they went the DAoC route and I am glad someone did it.

If you want the other way, there are plenty of games that offer it including WildStar.  Don't try to mold all games into what you want, you will be disappointed.

• psychosiszzpsychosiszz Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by SoMuchMass

Not all games should follow the same design, I am glad this is something different.  it isn't one faction, it isn't two faction, it is three faction.  Instead of going the WoW route they went the DAoC route and I am glad someone did it.

If you want the other way, there are plenty of games that offer it including WildStar.  Don't try to mold all games into what you want, you will be disappointed.

Strange because I would of wanted a open world instead of locked zones. Really this is nothing like the Elder Scrolls series. Its just a shell pretending to be something its not. I just hope when this game fails and trust me it will. It doesn't kill the elder scrolls IP with it.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by Rophez
    Nah, I'm good with the current plan.  DAOC was awesome, and it had the same setup.  They aren't going to change now, and there's only one server, so you might as well get on board or look for that next niche game that caters to PVP FFA.

I agree 100%

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Iselin

I find it amazing that anyone would hold-up the WOW PVP system as an example of something good.

... the max level stealther who would kill all the auctioneers at the AH, restealth, hide and repeat when they re-spawned...

... the ones who would kill all the quest NPCs in lowbee areas...

... the ones that would camp a quest hub and kill everyone 40 or 50 levels below them...

Yeah... now that's manly PVP fun lol

And this bit... "...a bunch of bored players detached from their toons or in denial waiting for the..." scenario or dungeon to pop? hilarious

Tell it to someone who didn't play in a WOW PVP server... they might think you have a point...

Oh... and "zerg" is just code for "I like 15 minute scenarios and don't have a clue how to have fun in a 2-hour relic keep raid."

Do you think that it might be possible that these people who are developing these games have played as many or more MMOs than you, saw OWPVP for the pathetic gank-the-lowbee bore that it is and are designing something better?

...just a thought...

Its not just WOW its EVE,. L1, L2 the only thing that comes close are pure sandboxes like Second Life or Minecraft. 

Zerg is also code for the combat is terrible and boy I am sure tired of hitting this wall or this getting boring after doing it 5000 times a week to justify this games existence. It also might be possible you are hyper sensitive and are projecting your fears of being "Ganked".

Dude... even your silly attempts at insult are cliched and unimaginative.

Fact is every single OWPVP game has its rules abused by 13 year old weenies who think digital vandalism is ever so cool. And that's why they have become niche playgrounds for said weenies and adults who need to grow the f--k up. 

I've played them all and OWPVP, including Eve, L1 and L2 are boring POS. And what I posted about WOW above is the reality of life in a WOW PVP server.

The model where people PvP when and where they want to instead of when and where some bored asshat decides to do it, is the only way to go in today's troll-infested MMO world.

It's obvious from your superficial ideas that you don't have a clue how to enjoy PVP as a large community event. This game ain't for you...and that's a good thing.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257

I find it amazing that anyone would hold-up the WOW PVP system as an example of something good.

... the max level stealther who would kill all the auctioneers at the AH, restealth, hide and repeat when they re-spawned...

... the ones that would camp a quest hub and kill everyone 40 or 50 levels below them...

And this bit... "...a bunch of bored players detached from their toons or in denial waiting for the..." scenario or dungeon to pop? hilarious

Tell it to someone who didn't play in a WOW PVP server... they might think you have a point...

Oh... and "zerg" is just code for "I like 15 minute scenarios and don't have a clue how to have fun in a 2-hour relic keep raid."

Do you think that it might be possible that these people who are developing these games have played as many or more MMOs than you, saw OWPVP for the pathetic gank-the-lowbee bore that it is and are designing something better?

...just a thought...

Its not just WOW its EVE,. L1, L2 the only thing that comes close are pure sandboxes like Second Life or Minecraft. 

Zerg is also code for the combat is terrible and boy I am sure tired of hitting this wall or this getting boring after doing it 5000 times a week to justify this games existence. It also might be possible you are hyper sensitive and are projecting your fears of being "Ganked".

Fact is every single OWPVP game has its rules abused by 13 year old weenies who think digital vandalism is ever so cool. And that's why they have become niche playgrounds for said weenies and adults who need to grow the f--k up. 

I've played them all and OWPVP, including Eve, L1 and L2 are boring POS. And what I posted about WOW above is the reality of life in a WOW PVP server.

The model where people PvP when and where they want to instead of when and where some bored asshat decides to do it, is the only way to go in today's troll-infested MMO world.

It's obvious from your superficial ideas that you don't have a clue how to enjoy PVP as a large community event. This game ain't for you...and that's a good thing.

Agree 100%. OWPvP attracts too many sociopaths whose fun equals other people's misery. Although I'm mostly PvE player I'll certainly spend some of my play time in Cyrodiil.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Wiha

...just a thought...

Agree 100%. OWPvP attracts too many sociopaths whose fun equals other people's misery. Although I'm mostly PvE player I'll certainly spend some of my play time in Cyrodiil.

When those "social paths" can be punished they don't last. Throw a 13 year old in jail for 5 hours on a Saturday, watch him come to the forums and scream "Stupid game!"

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • xanthmetisxanthmetis Member UncommonPosts: 141
    I would love total open world pvp... but I am not a sociopath either... I would kill a player once and not camp them or go after the repeatedly only if they came back and attacked then its game on... but i understand not everyone is like me
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by xanthmetis
    I would love total open world pvp... but I am not a sociopath either... I would kill a player once and not camp them or go after the repeatedly only if they came back and attacked then its game on... but i understand not everyone is like me

You're talking about the theory of how OWPVP could be if it was only reasonable players like you and others in it... it could be a good thing.

Problem is OWPVP games have proven over and over again that it never works as intended and the sociopaths ruin it for all of us.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• neroistneroist Member Posts: 24

I am not into PvP as much as PvE raiding. But find that I really enjoy FFA PvP. It makes for very challenging PvE content .  I remember in AoC that guilds were formed and bonds were made that only happen in dire circumstances. Truly dynamic gameplay happened as alliances with other guilds and the politics between them were just pure awesome. AoC did PvP the best out of all MMOs I have played  and I am a PvE guy.

Also if doing large scale mass PvP I would like for them to have Friendly Fire as that stops mindless zergs that do nothing but pew pew pew in big herds. No real intimate or in dept Fighting happens. No 3-5 man groups prowling the planes taking down large groups without FF.

I know that not all people want a hard game and most people like a causal do dailies and pick flowers all day kinda game. But I still love TES and  want ESO to be great. Not conform to what nets the most casual gamers.

This discussion has been closed.