Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will the removal of the Auction House get you to return/buy?

JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

I logged into the starter addition today and was quickly reminded about other things that... I really really hate.

The foremost being, the ability to join exactly which game I wish to join. I miss the D2 lobby system, I miss public and private game listings. I miss channels. You know all those little social things that made playing D2 a little more fun.

(Please ignore the poll below. A mod can remove it if they see fit. I half filled it out and then changed my mind. I clicked CANCEL POLL, however it was still included in this thread for some unknown reason.)

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

I prefer the game features of D2 but D3 is passable for me

I'll try D3 again after March 18,2014 - when RMAH is removed

(assuming I'm not busy with EQNL or other games)

• SilacoidSilacoid Member UncommonPosts: 237
    Depends how they fix it.  If they make uniques drop at a rate similar to Diablo 2, I'll return.  If it still the same story where I played to level 99 (Paragon 10) and only encountered ONE unique and that was when I was level 10, I won't be returning.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

I will buy regardless.

D3 is my favorite game even with the AHs ... so there is no reason not to continue to have fun, after they remove the AH, up the loot, and add content.

• SamuraiXIVSamuraiXIV Member Posts: 354
    It's over a year old for PC and came out as $60 for PS3? Really?!? Make it $40 and ill get it for ps3 get some trophies :)

"mmorpg.com forum admins are all TROLLS and losers in real life"
    My opinion

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    I'd consider buying if they remove the always online requirement to play. Since I do not own a console, I have no other alternative. So that is a deal breaker for me.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

Originally posted by SamuraiXIV
    It's over a year old for PC and came out as $60 for PS3? Really?!? Make it $40 and ill get it for ps3 get some trophies :)

Yes really.

Not everyone has bought/played it on the PC. In fact, only around 12+M did .. there are many more gamers out there.

• sportsfansportsfan Member Posts: 431

I stopped playing D3.

I loved the hardcore mode with limited resources as a solo player to up my avatar through trading, crafting and grinding.

No RMAH made it perfect and the perma death was terrific.

Blizzard killed this kind of game because RMAH was a failure in REVENUE for them...

So no D3 lost all its attraction for me now.

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

The AH removal will not, but I will probably return for the expansion. Just because it will be something new. I will then see if the AH removal has made sense.

While not oposed to the idea of having an AH in the game, I did find it had a negative effect on the gameplay because the drop rates for sets and legendary items were so low by design to avoid the AH getting flooded with them.

• DonVadimDonVadim Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Depends if the game still would be as shallow as it is now.
  • NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

D2 was a success because people like farming bosses. 

In D3 they decided that shit should drop of everything so farming bosses is a waste of time and the auction house wasnt needed anymore.

The problem is still there.

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428
    its still a pretty long way away, i will see what im playing when it happens.
  • stalker989stalker989 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Makes no difference to me whether there is an AH, because I quit spending over $20 on games a long time ago.

Originally posted by Naowut

D2 was a success because people like farming bosses. 

In D3 they decided that shit should drop of everything so farming bosses is a waste of time and the auction house wasnt needed anymore.

The problem is still there.

I would much rather farm random elite and champ because that offer way more variety than farming bosses. Hence i like D3 more than D2 (and other reasons too).

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Yeh I'm waiting for loot 2.0 (which is synonymous with  the removal of the RMAH?) before I start playing again.  Until then Path of Exile scratches the dungeon crawler hack and slash itch just fine.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor