Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FFXIV:ARR is a run away hit! [mod edit]

TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006

The game is a universal hit with over 300,000 concurrent connections and has overcome all the petty issues experienced by some at launch. The feeling in game is so positive and the promise of continued content and events is refreshing in this age of disposable mmos. Sales have resumed and I encourage anyone who hasnt tried it yet to do so. 100% guarantee youll love it or you'll not.

Ui improvements are incoming

more larger open zones suitable for "camps" are coming

unique seasonal events done like only Final Fantasy can are coming.

several additional Jobs already in the works!

[mod edit: Altered title]

Comments

• bubbabillbubbabill Member Posts: 80
    gonna wait to see the numbers from launch and then again in 6 months.  should be interesting
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Well... as much as I enjoy the game and all... yeah... you really do nothing to prove your point at all. Kind of as useful as those people claiming its bad and just ranting out without giving an examples or real valid points. Over-all... a rather useless post sorry to say.
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    Originally posted by Purutzil
    Well... as much as I enjoy the game and all... yeah... you really do nothing to prove your point at all. Kind of as useful as those people claiming its bad and just ranting out without giving an examples or real valid points. Over-all... a rather useless post sorry to say.

how exactly do you prove a feeling or your experiences? as for the other points i made.. all you have to do is follow the dev tracker on the official forums. I know Im not alone my enjoyment and optimism for the game

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

The game is a universal hit with over 300,000 concurrent connections and has overcome all the petty issues experienced by some at launch. The feeling in game is so positive and the promise of continued content and events is refreshing in this age of disposable mmos. Sales have resumed and I encourage anyone who hasnt tried it yet to do so. 100% guarantee youll love it or you'll not.

At this point in its life, SWTOR had over 2 million subscribers....food for thought when jumping to conclusions.

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

how exactly do you prove a feeling or your experiences? as for the other points i made.. all you have to do is follow the dev tracker on the official forums. I know Im not alone my enjoyment and optimism for the game

You are free to post your feelings and experiences as much as you want as long as you acknowledge it;s just your opinion and not a fact backed up with data.

Your use of the word Official in all capitals and confirmed implies by it's use that you have data  links from a credible source(s)that makes your title statement a fact which the body of your post makes a lie.

Now I think FFXIV is probably a big success particularly on the console side but that's just my opinion as I have no figures or trusted industry quotes to back that up.

• XssivXssiv Member UncommonPosts: 359

It's a solid game and I certainly applaud SE and Yoshi for reviving it but it's definitely not worth a sub.  

If the game was B2P, it would have a chance of keeping a healthy playerbase for a few months but considering it offers about 2-3 weeks of content for a casual gamer,  there's really no reason to play / pay past the initial 30 days.   

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

Originally posted by doodphace
    Originally posted by TribeofOne The game is a universal hit with over 300,000 concurrent connections and has overcome all the petty issues experienced by some at launch. The feeling in game is so positive and the promise of continued content and events is refreshing in this age of disposable mmos. Sales have resumed and I encourage anyone who hasnt tried it yet to do so. 100% guarantee youll love it or you'll not.   Ui improvements are incoming more larger open zones suitable for "camps" are coming unique seasonal events done like only Final Fantasy can are coming. several additional Jobs already in the works!  
    At this point in its life, SWTOR had over 2 million subscribers....food for thought when jumping to conclusions.

At this point in its life, SWTOR had EA as a publisher.

What SE considers a success and what EA considers a success are vastly different.

• gandlesgandles Member UncommonPosts: 84

seriously SWTOR has that many subs? I mean people who pay monthly or is that how many people play?

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

That's cool that you found a solid game to play.  I hope the forums for your game clears up of some the trolls and doesn't end up with a list of Usual Suspects like a few other select forums.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• jackwu10jackwu10 Member Posts: 127
    Originally posted by Xssiv

It's a solid game and I certainly applaud SE and Yoshi for reviving it but it's definitely not worth a sub.  

If the game was B2P, it would have a chance of keeping a healthy playerbase for a few months but considering it offers about 2-3 weeks of content for a casual gamer,  there's really no reason to play / pay past the initial 30 days.   

B2P? with another ingame pathetic cash shop? which genius came up with this evil idea at the first place anyway, i really wanna to go spit on his face. 

as casual as i can be (as normal 8-6 working class), i am yet hit lvl50 since headstart. When i read about how to obtain relic weapon, i realise that's another 2 weeks away. This game already offer more than a month of content. 

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

OFFICIAL-- I like pie! - confirmed!

No offense, OP, I'm glad you like it, and we definitely need more "successful" MMOs, but your thread is pure bait. Or sarcastic cynicism. My meter isn't properly calibrated.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by bubbabill
    gonna wait to see the numbers from launch and then again in 6 months.  should be interesting

Also like to know how many  are NA/EU and how many are Asia...

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Originally posted by TribeofOne The game is a universal hit with over 300,000 concurrent connections and has overcome all the petty issues experienced by some at launch. The feeling in game is so positive and the promise of continued content and events is refreshing in this age of disposable mmos. Sales have resumed and I encourage anyone who hasnt tried it yet to do so. 100% guarantee youll love it or you'll not.   Ui improvements are incoming more larger open zones suitable for "camps" are coming unique seasonal events done like only Final Fantasy can are coming. several additional Jobs already in the works!  

What SE considers a success and what EA considers a success are vastly different.

Might want to look up SE's view on Tomb Raider's millions of sales.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Did you watch the TGS live letter? +1 million unique accounts, 617k of them logging in each day.  It's beyond safe to say they turned a terribad game into something great.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• immortal111immortal111 Member UncommonPosts: 54

It's people like you who ruin this site for everyone, just stop posting your moronic bullshit and go somewhere else.

2-3 weeks for a casual gamer huh...a casual gamer would be lucky to level one class to 50 in 2-3 weeks. Now that I'm older and working I don't have as much time to play and I haven't hit 50 on a toon yet.

I'm not going to go into all of the other things there are to do in this game but please don't listen to this guy people. If you're looking for something new and enjoy the typical themepark style (With several differences from other games of course), FFXIV does it extremely well.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Tell us a story. What did you do? Start at the point you logged in today. Give details. Thanks!

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KatrarKatrar Member Posts: 168

[mod edit: Altered title]

Really man? "petty issues" experienced by some at launch? Way to totally invalidate everything you say by coming across as a snide fanboi. The issues faced in the first days were anything but petty, and were acknowledged by SE in a big way.

I've been playing, and like the game, but if you were trying to do anything but gain a few fanboi xp you failed.

The game has its positive qualities and its negative qualities. By and large I think the positive outweighs the negative, but you are only fooling yourself if you think ARR is anything but a (quality) niche product.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Originally posted by immortal111

It's people like you who ruin this site for everyone, just stop posting your moronic bullshit and go somewhere else.

2-3 weeks for a casual gamer huh...a casual gamer would be lucky to level one class to 50 in 2-3 weeks. Now that I'm older and working I don't have as much time to play and I haven't hit 50 on a toon yet.

I'm not going to go into all of the other things there are to do in this game but please don't listen to this guy people. If you're looking for something new and enjoy the typical themepark style (With several differences from other games of course), FFXIV does it extremely well.

2-3 weeks is the most absurd statement I've ever heard lol, 2-3 months is even absurd.  There is SO MUCH to do in this game, and that is coming from a hardcore player.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• Slappy1Slappy1 Member Posts: 458

I do feel that it is a solid game,with a but.The numbers are representing many that returned for free from 1.0.Combine the free returnee's and the fact the new player's got 30 day's included for the $30 they spent and you can easily see why the number's are high.

I had 21 free days returning from 1.0.They gave us 14 and added another 7 because of the launch server issues.

When all the free time expires you will see the real numbers.I'm not saying it will be bad,but I think it will be much less than they're touting now.

Some day I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull!

Arya Stark

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    Wait the end of the free month. 
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Originally posted by bubbabill

LOL, it's a $30 dollar game, not an investment property.

• karmathkarmath Member UncommonPosts: 904
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    Wait the end of the free month. 

There will be crickets. 

• djazzydjazzy Member Posts: 3,578
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Might want to look up SE's view on Tomb Raider's millions of sales.

Indeed. They sold something like over 3.5 million and they called it a failure? Or at least they called it disappointing.

• LissylLissyl Member UncommonPosts: 271

I've put well, WELL over 200 hours into this game since OB4/Prelaunch (when I could play late-nights and still get 6-8 hours/night even with stability issues) and I haven't even done the fourth required dungeon yet.  I have a stack of classes in their mid-20's, but each and every one of them will get slower and slower the more I raise them.  I might not hit 'endgame' for 6 months or more, even playing 8+ hours a day every day.  The pace at which you go through content is -entirely- your choice, and anyone saying there's only 2-3 CASUAL weeks there has to be on some good prescriptions or has a very, very limited view of what content is.

Edit: For the SWTOR people: I didn't play that game, but if memory serves me correctly hadn't the concurrent connections dropped precipitously by the end of the first month into a more 'stable' pattern?  I know I'm still running into (small) queue's, and my world was one of the expansion worlds in the last open beta.

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 269
    Yea and so is Low Winter Sun.....