Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning: A WAR Worth Fighting For?

13»

Comments

• MercscytheMercscythe Member UncommonPosts: 134
    I feel like it is a lot simpler than what people make it out to be. This game just played really poorly. It felt stiff and clunky. Games like this and SWTOR just have an awful feel to them when you play. Not saying had they smoothed things out it would have been better, but if the most basic of foundations are off, you aren't going to retain people long enough to fix anything.
  • MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

One thing that always bothered me was the title: "Warhammer: Age of Reckoning" a useful acronym: WAR, but it always made me think:

"That is not Warhammer - that is shoe-horning some bs in..."

Indeed the design was wow 2.0 not warhammer. Also tech issues(memory leaks etc) with the RvR huge battles not working properly. Indeed I remember some story about Mythic seeking to sue Gambryo the engine they were using. Then as above those patch notes rebalance class x.

From the players pov, what you experienced in the first week was probably nearly the same for the rest of the time you played or at least the first month with just repetition ie choose class/area and do the same pvp mini-games or the pve public quest nodes. I think PvE was quite solitary too.

That all said liked the lore and graphics representation of warhammer those were very fun to see realized eg the locations. But also the hopping around the map from lake to lake was really bad too.

I think the migratory guilds also put paid to it: "back to conan, back to wow, back to aion etc!"

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Loved this game when it first came out and loved the first tier of PVP.  Then I hit the second tier of PVP and the huge class imbalance issues killed it for me.  Never got to the third tier, made a bunch of alts and PVPed at the first tier until I got bored and moved on.  So much potential...
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Overfiend138Overfiend138 Member UncommonPosts: 55
    a third faction. 
  • meadmoonmeadmoon Member UncommonPosts: 1,344
    IMO, it wasn't a very good game from day one, so no tears will be shed in my house.