Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game looks good but.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Based on snap-shots which I have seen on the internet, and videos it is nothing more than you're average RPG game with polished graphics.

The Skill UI itself based on snap-shots looks like Guild Wars the original game.

The game-play itself looks and feels like you're average game based on videos like TERA.

But the million Dollar Question is.

I bet that this game if Pay 2 Play,  Will also still require players who want things like.

1.Player Housing

2. Character Customization

3. Player Housing Customization

To pay additional fees for changing, or editing these type of things because the game comes from Korea? 

Aion & TERA have both done this they were both F2P games now which I don't even bother playing because of the amount of bugs they have and overpriced cash shop items.

I wonder if Black Desert, will be the exact same way.

Comments

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

It's an Asian MMO, so expect to see Asian MMO stuff in there.  It's a Korean game as well, so expect to see bizarre Korean stuff in there as well.  Play ArcheAge and that is kind of how this game will play/feel.

It's also a pretty strange title when you think about it.  Black Desert?  That just sounds odd.

While the game looks good, the combat does not look like it belongs in the gameworld.  It's nothing but fast, arcade type of combat with people in heavy armor flipping in the air 30 times with a sword the size of a car.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Yeah I dunno I am just hoping for a new good graphic game that doesn't have a Pay 2 Enjoy cash-shop with subscription like.

Arch Age, or Black Desert.

So far I am playing Albion Online as a sand-box game seems great although its not exactly an action based game but still better than every sand-box I have currently played for a long time.

What is worse is when you pay $50 for a new game or $100 if you are like me and bought the Tera Collectors just to find out that the game is going to be pay 2 enjoy, lies to its customers who purchase the game, and similar things because if so I would rather not buy the game anyways if they were straight up front honest they are going to put such aspects into the game for additional enjoyment at cost of real money.

But its a serious question if anyone has actual details on black desert if its going to be fully Sand-Box based game with All content including Re-customization of characters freely part of the game at no additional charge and player housing for example without the pay 2 enjoy fee on top of the subscription.

• xAPOCxxAPOCx Member UncommonPosts: 869
    Originally posted by Renoaku

Based on snap-shots which I have seen on the internet, and videos it is nothing more than you're average RPG game with polished graphics.

The Skill UI itself based on snap-shots looks like Guild Wars the original game.

The game-play itself looks and feels like you're average game based on videos like TERA.

I bet that this game if Pay 2 Play,  Will also still require players who want things like.

1.Player Housing

To pay additional fees for changing, or editing these type of things because the game comes from Korea? 

Aion & TERA have both done this they were both F2P games now which I don't even bother playing because of the amount of bugs they have and overpriced cash shop items.

What is the question? All i see are 25 cent statements. Also you do know that the payment models in Korea and the US are different right? And not to mention that nothing about the payment model has been discussed yet. The game looks great. That's all we know. Not how its plays. Not how housing will truly works. Not how the payment model will work. Not how crafting works. Not how the economy will work. A lot of questions, very little answers

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198
    Originally posted by koboldfodder

It's an Asian MMO, so expect to see Asian MMO stuff in there.  It's a Korean game as well, so expect to see bizarre Korean stuff in there as well.  Play ArcheAge and that is kind of how this game will play/feel.

It's also a pretty strange title when you think about it.  Black Desert?  That just sounds odd.

While the game looks good, the combat does not look like it belongs in the gameworld.  It's nothing but fast, arcade type of combat with people in heavy armor flipping in the air 30 times with a sword the size of a car.

You left out the trash can lid sound effects and squeaky voices with every pull of the bow or swing of the sword,  HIk  Hik Hik Hik Hik Hik HIk.......

Based on how nice the game world looks I was hoping they wouldn't have 8 bit spaztastic arcade game action, but I guess that's what the kids like.

• drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    I am willing to overlook quite a bit if someone/anyone can deliver a seamless open world, third person loot drop, territorial control, PvP centric game.

ArcheAge big failing in Korea was an over abundance of safe zones crippling owPvP. Or so I've read.
  • psychosiszzpsychosiszz Member UncommonPosts: 45
    Originally posted by drakaena
    I am willing to overlook quite a bit if someone/anyone can deliver a seamless open world, third person loot drop, territorial control, PvP centric game.

ArcheAge big failing in Korea was an over abundance of safe zones crippling owPvP. Or so I've read.

/Agree

From this interview its looking good: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhEQNkvsTpg

ArcheAge probably also failed because of those racing cars and anime posters that you can put on the side of your house :/

• GrammieGrammie Member Posts: 68
    Pretty nasty for saying nothing of interest to your readers...
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

I didn't like the presentation at all.  Perhaps this could be refined over the next 3 years til release?  It just looks like another action-adventure game masquerading as an MMORPG?  Vindictus 2.0?

I hate the combat style with the blur effects everytime something happens.  I mentioned it before, not to beat a dead horse, but they give me a headache just watching trailers for this game, let alone playing it oneday.

Beyond that .. much graphics fluff to hide gameplay .. and a huge resemblance to modern beat-em-up, whoop-te-doo! hero style single player MMORPG's.  I'm important, wheeee!!  Not saying that is how it will end up, just a resemblance.

Gameplay > Graphics .. but well see.  I do note that the advertisers are trying very hard, which is a red flag for me.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    The game looks good but... enough with the eye candy! Hope it has some meat.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • zetsu1zetsu1 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by Renoaku

1.Player Housing

99.99% chance to be a f2p

and you can't build a house, you buy a house.

• superconductingsuperconducting Member UncommonPosts: 871
    Originally posted by Karteli

I didn't like the presentation at all.  Perhaps this could be refined over the next 3 years til release?  It just looks like another action-adventure game masquerading as an MMORPG?  Vindictus 2.0?

I hate the combat style with the blur effects everytime something happens.  I mentioned it before, not to beat a dead horse, but they give me a headache just watching trailers for this game, let alone playing it oneday.

Beyond that .. much graphics fluff to hide gameplay .. and a huge resemblance to modern beat-em-up, whoop-te-doo! hero style single player MMORPG's.  I'm important, wheeee!!  Not saying that is how it will end up, just a resemblance.

Gameplay > Graphics .. but well see.  I do note that the advertisers are trying very hard, which is a red flag for me.

This is precisely my thought.

In the new videos posted on the other thread http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/944/view/forums/thread/397272/Black-desert-new-videos-.html, the gameplay looks awful and nothing special- like your average MMO; like NW and possibly even worse. Very disappointing to see.

I'm not all that surprised since all we had seen at first was a mindblowing cinematic. Cinematic is the key word. Now we know the game plays no different than every fast-paced actiony nonsense that has tanked after release. And the rapidly dropping hypemeter reflects it. I mean, what did you expect something other than your usual generic Korean churnout?

• BigmamajamaBigmamajama Member Posts: 198

The game world looks beautiful but the amount of screen shake and screen distortion on attacks makes it unplayable for me.  How could anyone put up with that for an extended period of time without a migraine.

An option to disable all that crap needs to be mandatory.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Bigmamajama

The game world looks beautiful but the amount of screen shake and screen distortion on attacks makes it unplayable for me.  How could anyone put up with that for an extended period of time without a migraine.

An option to disable all that crap needs to be mandatory.

Add me to the list here.  I would definitely have to be a crafter in this game because the combat just looks like another game entirely! 

Why they would make a world with such realistic detail and then throw in Disney with ADD  combat animations is beyond me.   But hey, Archage pulled the same stunt, so we know its what the Asian audience wants in their games.  

A disable option sounds like a good idea to me.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• moura23moura23 Member Posts: 3
    This game looks good but i preffer Archeage.