Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best PvP MMO on the market?

Comments

• TorcipTorcip Member UncommonPosts: 669
    Try Wakfu maybe? They recently did an overhaul of their whole PvP system and it has a nation vs. nation vs. nation with community elected leaders.
  • NidwinNidwin Member Posts: 94

Warhammer PvP (scenarios) is more or less dead. Scenario pop is way too low to even suggest it for PvPers.

Warhammer has nearly become an RvR only game.

T2 is more or less dead and T3 is now filled up with rr100 twinks on both remaining server. But T3 can still be quite active but as complete unexperienced newbie it can be hell.

If your thing is small, mid-range, large scale fights in the lakes (RvR zone) with keep siege that leads to the lock of the Lakes and City opens for City Instances (36vs36 in 3 stages). Than warhammer it is.

If you are done with killing NPC's, quests, dungeons and only want to fight real players through PvP/RvR 95% of your playing time then Warhammer it is.

Otherwise avoid Warhammer and try anything else that's on the market.

Also till further notice or some kind of miracle we're now in Maintenance mode. Not that any of us actually care but they could at least inform us about it.

• jfoytekjfoytek Member CommonPosts: 150

The unfortunate answer to your question is there ISNT ANY...

The Days or Ultima Online, Ever Quest, Shadowbane, DaoC are gone!!!!  VERY SAD TO SAY!!!

The CAREBEAR population has ruined that fact...

What do we have left???

Eve- Its atleast a sandbox but its got that whole space thing plus all of the annoying jump jump jump for 2 hours to get to location B so you can do the same couple of quests 10 Million times to get ReP....  So you can get a certain ship so you can Camp a Gate waiting for someone to kill for a few hours....  its, well its eve and its not for everyone but its atleast a Sand Box in the age of Theameparks!!! 

Then you have Mortal Online and Darkfall which both are meh....  Lacking...

Toss in Wurm Online which again is atleast a Sand Box and atleast has some difficulty and community but fights can be few and far between but compared to so many other games out there its a hidden gem to bad it didn't have more money to work with!!!

The Idea that LOL and WOT and the other NON MMORPG's that got recommended like counter strike shows you just how lacking PvP is in the world of MMO's.... 

I like many other older gamers am waiting and my wait is definitely getting impatient for a

SANDBOX, with OPEN WORLD PVP, HOUSING, VENDORS (No Auction House) NON theameparked and NON instanced!!!

UO,Shadowbane,SWG,Darkfall,MO,Wurm Online,Secretworld,GW,GW2,PotBS,LotR,Atlantica Online,WWII Online,WoT,Battlestar Galactica,Planetside2,Perpetuum,Fallen Earth,Runescape,WoW,Eve,Xsylon,Dragon Prophet, Salem

• AndistotleAndistotle Member UncommonPosts: 124
    Age of Conan
  • MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    EVE for sure currently
  • MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by Hiddenxdragon

As the title says, What is the best PvP MMO on the market atm?

I would say as well the most balanced, and has some form of world PvP not just  Arena's or battle grounds. 

I was playing Darkfall:UH but some things never change IE: developers.

As to what I see and have played, I would say GW2 IMO. But I really dont care for the endless bg's over and over again.

Fantasy based, with character models, solo, and group play. 

So please tell me in your opionion what is the best PvP mmo currently?

would say solo: EVE Online, but if you want the traditional geared character with armor/swords etc I would definately say GW2.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788

My top PvP experiences:

#1: Face of Mankind

Open full loot faction PvP, really, this game offered the deepest PvP experience :)

#2 Age of Conan

The Rage server is 100% PvP. We all killed ourselfs already there so its marely empty :/

#3 Minecraft

I better run now ..

#4 SWTOR

Very challenging and competitive PvP combats

but .. hey, play Tera a little, its big fun :)

• rawfoxrawfox Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by Mavolence
    EVE for sure currently

Eve was a lousy PvP experience to me, sorry.

It was just boring ^^

• jigo86jigo86 Member UncommonPosts: 97

wow .. i know i dont like it too but its the best mmo for now

• Originally posted by Mahavishnu
    The WvW in GW2 is fantastic, but maybe you have just to wait a little: http://albiononline.com/

My experience was rather bad. I saw continuous zergs and ended up defending by myself or with few people. The first weeks were nice with strategies and such, but soon it turned into a zergfest. Maybe I was on the wrong server?

• MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162

I would say as well the most balanced, and has some form of world PvP not just  Arena's or battle grounds. 

As to what I see and have played, I would say GW2 IMO. But I really dont care for the endless bg's over and over again.

Fantasy based, with character models, solo, and group play. 

So please tell me in your opionion what is the best PvP mmo currently?

Wurm Online.

I played Darkfall in both betas and both releases. And is also the reason why i left months ago also.... Some things never change. I have said it a million times, if someone would make a game that combined Wurm onlines content and darkfalls twitched pvp, it would be the greatest game ever.

Hit me up if you decide to check it out... you can check it out for free, and you can even play it for free but your account is just capped. but you can at least check out the game to see if its worth your time. But if you contact me ill bring you up to speed so you can make a quicker decision if you might be interested or not.

• MaurizioMaurizio Member UncommonPosts: 162
    Originally posted by jfoytek

The unfortunate answer to your question is there ISNT ANY...

The Days or Ultima Online, Ever Quest, Shadowbane, DaoC are gone!!!!  VERY SAD TO SAY!!!

The CAREBEAR population has ruined that fact...

What do we have left???

Eve- Its atleast a sandbox but its got that whole space thing plus all of the annoying jump jump jump for 2 hours to get to location B so you can do the same couple of quests 10 Million times to get ReP....  So you can get a certain ship so you can Camp a Gate waiting for someone to kill for a few hours....  its, well its eve and its not for everyone but its atleast a Sand Box in the age of Theameparks!!! 

Then you have Mortal Online and Darkfall which both are meh....  Lacking...

Toss in Wurm Online which again is atleast a Sand Box and atleast has some difficulty and community but fights can be few and far between but compared to so many other games out there its a hidden gem to bad it didn't have more money to work with!!!

The Idea that LOL and WOT and the other NON MMORPG's that got recommended like counter strike shows you just how lacking PvP is in the world of MMO's.... 

I like many other older gamers am waiting and my wait is definitely getting impatient for a

SANDBOX, with OPEN WORLD PVP, HOUSING, VENDORS (No Auction House) NON theameparked and NON instanced!!!

Fights used to be far and few inbetween, but in the past 2 months theres deaths lighting up the death tab everyday. Fairly large ones too like slaughters almost. The chaos server has been changing with the recent additions of certain groups... My group is one of them fighting for a side that never existed which is the fun part.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Mmmm I would just say keep playing darkfall.
  • mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by DamonVile

world of tanks!

Counterstrike.

World of Tanks! :)

I self identify as a monkey.

• HolophonistHolophonist Member UncommonPosts: 2,091
    Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by DamonVile

world of tanks!

Counterstrike.

sc2!

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by wsmar

So please tell me in your opionion what is the best PvP mmo currently. 

If you think GW2 has got the best PvP, then you have been missing out big time. Eve is a good choice.

I'd also recommend WAR, only because the RvR in that game is unmatched by any other. The downside is there is a $15 sub and the developers probably won't update the game ever again. There is a very strong active community though on the badlands server. You won't have a problem finding a guild and people to play with.

Yeah, go play Warhammer - see how long that lasts.  While you're at it, go play the game that Warhammer borrowed partially from but not enough to keep the players that loved pvp.  Play Dark Age of Camelot.  Forgive my anti warhammer sentiment.  EA bought out Mythic with pocket change so they could lock down the game's development (no Origins server, for example) while investing in Warhammer.  Paul Barnett, the PR man for Warhammer only made the joke worse.  Go sell a used car you bum ;)

Back to Dark Age of Camelot:  Dated graphics and UI.  But this is the game that started realm vs realm vs realm siege warfare.  This is the game where classes and races are uniquely different between each separate realm.  No WoW/Rift/Age of Conan quest crossovers going on in pve land.  And a massive frontier to defend and or attack in honor of your realm.  Ever see a game with 44 classes and 24 races?  You will here.

No ladder rankings, no instanced battlegrounds.  Again, this is a dated game and it's top heavy with high ranked pvp'ers (you see, in Dark Age, gear doesn't make a difference, it's all about your time on the battlefield and how you invest development points into your class, i.e., realm points).

So, on that note, I'm waiting for Elder Scrolls Online.  Matt Firor heads this operation, he's the guy that created realm vs realm pvp and raised the pvp bar so high that not one company has yet emulated his ideas.

• DrakenZADrakenZA Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Ultima Online. Play on a freeshard. Emulates the best PvP times of Ultima Online before EA broke it.
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by mgilbrtsn
    Originally posted by Robokapp Originally posted by DamonVile world of tanks!    
    Counterstrike.

World of Tanks PvP is pretty balanced, and easy to get started with, but it's not an MMORPG. It's just match based PvP. It's good match based PvP, but it's still just match based PvP.

If I was going to pick a game that included a world in with the PvP, I'd pick some sort of Minecraft server to be honest. Not just any server, otherwise you'd just be walking into a zerg/gank fest with little or not point. But there are some servers that run the Factions mod, which gives players a reason to build up a power base and a reason to PvP. Here's the thing though, you probably need to find a newer server. As the server ages, the player base will mellow, and the PvP aspects will move towards more instanced type stuff.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    Originally posted by DrakenZA
    Ultima Online. Play on a freeshard. Emulates the best PvP times of Ultima Online before EA broke it.

EA is the darkside of the force.

• WikileaksEUWikileaksEU Member UncommonPosts: 108
    Tera has the best pvp. GW2 could have been if they didn't go with stupid Capture Points in SPvP and zerg in WvWvW.
  • suckm3suckm3 Member UncommonPosts: 187

Originally posted by Gorwe
    Eve online.GG

That what he said

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”? -Albert Einstein 

"The ability to speak doesn't make you intelligent" - Qui-gon Jinn. After many years of reading Internet forums, there's no doubt that neither does the ability to write.
    So if you notice that I'm no longer answering your nonsense, stop trying... because you just joined my block list.

• GrahorGrahor Member Posts: 828

World of tanks is the best PvP for me, but it's not a mmorpg, of course.

Still, I've stopped playing any mmorpgs in favor of WoT.

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487
    ac and bf 3 =P
  • NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Im currently playing DF:UW and loving it.  Different people will get different mileage though obviously.

Steam: Neph

• mindw0rkmindw0rk Member UncommonPosts: 1,356

1. EVE Online (no contest here. Best PvP MMO and best overal MMO)

2.  Age of Wulin (also known as Age of Wushu. Fresh ideas, fully PvP centric game, like EVE)

3. WoW (only BGs and arenas, but WoW is best in it)

I havent played Lineage 2, but I know many people play it solely for PvP. As for Age of Conan and Guild Wars 2 - those are PvE games with minor PvP focus