Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My 3 major gripes about the game...

13»

Comments

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by DoomsDay01

1st is gold spamming. This has been one of the worst gold spams then I have seen in years.

Never played Aion? :-) Probably have not seen so much gold spam in ALL other games in the world put together, then in Aion after few weeks. Also total lack of questing after aprox. lv. 20 as i remember. And zillion other problems (not the least unability for many to unsub at all or with hours of work, ...) made me go away for good. Never looked back. Same with FF14. Loved really a lot FF series on console, but for me FF14 is over. And I'm sure will also never look back over my shoulder.

2nd is are you sure? Why is everything you do followed up with a, are you sure box? You are in a single room, only way out is to click the door, are you sure you want to leave? Is there really that many people out there that is so unsure of their actions that you need to be asked again???

Agree, very boring, but hardly on top of list of problems.

3rd is the absurdity of these traveling quests. I thought swotor was bad, but this game makes swotors back and forth quests, tame in comparison. 

Meh, nothing special.

Overall though, I enjoy the game, it is fun, its just the little things that a new game should not be plagued by that really get under my skin.

I would add: total absence of voices with very few exceptions when watching videos at class quests. No voice. No even "hi, friend" when clicking on quest giver. All mute. Then interface totaly meant for console and somehow adapted to kbd/mouse. Invisible barriers whenever you go. Ok, is also game about magic forces, bolts, ... but stil exaggerated with so magic invisible barriers. :-) Then boring to death quests. And not only because of text, that could go, problem is instead of presenting player with whole text, no, one must click 10 times to get to silly end of accepting quest. Btw, never was able to cancel and quest, had to go through all clicks to abandon later. Then forced grouping if one want to continue class quest. Reason I never played FF11. Then - this should made top 3 - that horrible 2.5 sec GCD. That alone would make me wish to stop playing. Then ... ah, enough, you got idea.

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789

I figure I gave this game a good run. I was a 1.0 player and also was in 1.0 beta. I then got into FF14 ARR closed beta. My main character is 41 Scholar/Summoner, 34 WHM, 30 BHM. (I also have a level 32 bard). I am growing tired of the elitism, gil spammers, and LAG (really sucks when you are out killing monsters for your hunting log and then get a bad lag spike and end up dead).

I did enjoy the dungeons when I had a good group. Not all of them were easy to finish. I also enjoyed the crafting. But nowadays, since I played pretty much every game on the market since 1999 or so, I am thinking nostalgia and to go play old games like DAoC again.

Today's games are all about raiding, getting elite gear, and raiding some more for end game. I REALLY miss SWG where I could hang out in the cantina as a dancer or image designer if I grew tired of combat, or PVP if I wanted to. It wasn't about getting leet gear, it was about community, which I fear today's MMO's do not have. It is all about soloing to end game without even having to speak to one person, and then raid. ZZZ.

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    Far as voice overs costing too much I call BS. funcom is not a rich company and everything is voiced really well in TSW. I'd rather have fewer thought out high quality quests than a bunch of boring ones and a few decent ones.

If the entire main story was at least voiced over I'd cut them slack. But it feels disjointed the way they do it.

Thank you. I was going to say the same thing regarding TSW.

Every single personal interaction with a NPC character in that game is voice-acted.

- Main story missions have entire cut-scenes, 100% voice acted and choreographed (characters move around, make appropriate gestures, sometimes even interact with other characters)

- Same goes for lesser side missions, etc. All voice acted and choreographed.

- Each notable NPC has a "chat bubble" icon that brings up 3 or 4 different categories of dialog. "About Yourself", "The Secret World", and anything else that's relevant to that character and/or their place in the world. Those are all voice acted.

- Even side NPCs that you don't interact with are voice acted. You'll hear jabber between guards in the Illuminati HQ, etc.

It's all well-written, very well voice-acted. The characters are believable, the voice acting doesn't sound like someone reading a script; it sounds like real conversation with real people... even the more over the top stuff.

They even have people speaking in authentic native languages in many cases in TSW.

And there is a lot of it. Tons. If a small company like Funcom whom certainly doesn't have the resources of SE can do it... Then what, really, is SE's excuse? That's a rhetorical question, as no one here can really speak for SE or why they chose to half-ass the voice-acting in ARR (personal opinions and apologist rationalizations notwithstanding).

The voice acting in ARR, from the moment I first heard it in the "Crystal's Call" trailer was cringe inducing. Funny thing is, some of the same people who voice acted in ARR also did work for TSW.... yet the difference in quality, of the dialog and the voice acting itself, is night and day in my opinion. The only conclusion I can come to is TSW has an awesome Director, capable of getting great performances from the actors. ARR.... not so much.

Then there's the fact that the voice acting is so sporadic. I know "it's only supposed to be the major storyline missions", but even there, SE falls short. There's been several times where, in an entire major cut-scene (as in, the screen fades-to-black and loads it in, etc), the only part that's voice acted is the first paragraph of text... and then it goes to all text. Right in the middle of a character's dialog. One moment they're talking, then nothing but text. Why? That just seems very lazy and inconsistent to me. If you're gonna have things voice acted... have them all voice acted. If you're going to go half-way and just make it cut over to plain text in the middle of a scene, then just don't bother. If you're going to do something, then do it right. Don't half-ass it.

About questing...

Someone earlier in the thread "dared" someone else to come up with a better questing system. Again, already been done. The Secret World says hi. Fewer missions overall, but they're much more involved, take longer to complete, require some serious thought and puzzle-solving on the players' part, and aren't comprised of "okay, go run here, and kill 10 mushrooms, then go kill 10 rodents... then go kill 10 bugs.... then come back". The only missions that do anything like that in TSW are the earlier tutorial ones, where the focus is on teaching you the basics of how to perform different tasks in the game. After that, those fall away, and you're met with (in my opinion) proper missions, with proper objectives that make sense in the context of the story being told. Two things missions in TSW are not are "mindless" or "repetitive". They're not just time-killing busy-work.

So yes, it can be done better, and already has been. "Challenging" someone to come up with a better questing system in a MMO isn't a sign that "it can't be done better". It's a concession that people have developed low standards and are lulled (thanks to 8+ years of continual dumbing-down of the genre) into believing "kill and fetch" quests are the best a developer can do, so it's unrealistic to expect anything better. That's very sad.

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Originally posted by Ayulin
    Far as voice overs costing too much I call BS. funcom is not a rich company and everything is voiced really well in TSW. I'd rather have fewer thought out high quality quests than a bunch of boring ones and a few decent ones.

If the entire main story was at least voiced over I'd cut them slack. But it feels disjointed the way they do it.

Every single personal interaction with a NPC character in that game is voice-acted.

- Main story missions have entire cut-scenes, 100% voice acted and choreographed (characters move around, make appropriate gestures, sometimes even interact with other characters)

- Each notable NPC has a "chat bubble" icon that brings up 3 or 4 different categories of dialog. "About Yourself", "The Secret World", and anything else that's relevant to that character and/or their place in the world. Those are all voice acted.

- Even side NPCs that you don't interact with are voice acted. You'll hear jabber between guards in the Illuminati HQ, etc.

It's all well-written, very well voice-acted. The characters are believable, the voice acting doesn't sound like someone reading a script; it sounds like real conversation with real people... even the more over the top stuff.

They even have people speaking in authentic native languages in many cases in TSW.

And there is a lot of it. Tons. If a small company like Funcom whom certainly doesn't have the resources of SE can do it... Then what, really, is SE's excuse? That's a rhetorical question, as no one here can really speak for SE or why they chose to half-ass the voice-acting in ARR (personal opinions and apologist rationalizations notwithstanding).

The voice acting in ARR, from the moment I first heard it in the "Crystal's Call" trailer was cringe inducing. Funny thing is, some of the same people who voice acted in ARR also did work for TSW.... yet the difference in quality, of the dialog and the voice acting itself, is night and day in my opinion. The only conclusion I can come to is TSW has an awesome Director, capable of getting great performances from the actors. ARR.... not so much.

Then there's the fact that the voice acting is so sporadic. I know "it's only supposed to be the major storyline missions", but even there, SE falls short. There's been several times where, in an entire major cut-scene (as in, the screen fades-to-black and loads it in, etc), the only part that's voice acted is the first paragraph of text... and then it goes to all text. Right in the middle of a character's dialog. One moment they're talking, then nothing but text. Why? That just seems very lazy and inconsistent to me. If you're gonna have things voice acted... have them all voice acted. If you're going to go half-way and just make it cut over to plain text in the middle of a scene, then just don't bother. If you're going to do something, then do it right. Don't half-ass it.

About questing...

Someone earlier in the thread "dared" someone else to come up with a better questing system. Again, already been done. The Secret World says hi. Fewer missions overall, but they're much more involved, take longer to complete, require some serious thought and puzzle-solving on the players' part, and aren't comprised of "okay, go run here, and kill 10 mushrooms, then go kill 10 rodents... then go kill 10 bugs.... then come back". The only missions that do anything like that in TSW are the earlier tutorial ones, where the focus is on teaching you the basics of how to perform different tasks in the game. After that, those fall away, and you're met with (in my opinion) proper missions, with proper objectives that make sense in the context of the story being told. Two things missions in TSW are not are "mindless" or "repetitive". They're not just time-killing busy-work.

So yes, it can be done better, and already has been. "Challenging" someone to come up with a better questing system in a MMO isn't a sign that "it can't be done better". It's a concession that people have developed low standards and are lulled (thanks to 8+ years of continual dumbing-down of the genre) into believing "kill and fetch" quests are the best a developer can do, so it's unrealistic to expect anything better. That's very sad.

Star Wars also went belly up in that it went to f2p way too quickly because it cost so much and when the subs hit unbelievable lows. When EA sent out surveys and had over 750, 000 responses, voice acting didn't make the top 10 list of things important to people when asked.  While its a nice feature to have when done right, its very very expensive and people within EA have hinted this is one of the biggest cost of the game that in retrospect led to the disappointment involved with this game.

• MarzAttakzMarzAttakz Member Posts: 17

About questing...

I have to agree with this assessment, I love FFXIV:ARR and am willing to give it the time it needs to become more polished, let's hope that will be the case. I also love TSW, what a breathe of fresh air, why did it get such a bum rap. Think it's time I started playing it again.

If ARR, TSW and GW2 had babies some babies together I'd be a very happy old timer.

• SilacoidSilacoid Member UncommonPosts: 237

Easy solutions for all of the actual problems.

1.  Move your shout and tells into a different chat box and you'll never see the gold spams.  Check it when you actually care what is going on in shout.

2.  If clicking a mouse button is too difficult I suggest board games

3.  You can easily teleport around the world so traveling isn't hard or time consuming.

As far as the voiceovers, you will only use the storyline for about a month.  It really doesn't take away from the game that much.  As for me, I'd rather have the game come out a year earlier than have voice overs on everything.

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by daltanious

1st is gold spamming. This has been one of the worst gold spams then I have seen in years.

Never played Aion? :-) Probably have not seen so much gold spam in ALL other games in the world put together, then in Aion after few weeks. Also total lack of questing after aprox. lv. 20 as i remember. And zillion other problems (not the least unability for many to unsub at all or with hours of work, ...) made me go away for good. Never looked back. Same with FF14. Loved really a lot FF series on console, but for me FF14 is over. And I'm sure will also never look back over my shoulder.

Yes I did right from launch, spent many nights waiting in an 8 hour queue just to play. At least there, they had a global cooldown on chat and some forms of spam control. Here they can go as much/fast as they want. You also had a much easier way of blocking those folks. I had plenty of quests past level 20, no issues there either and when I unsubbed, had no problems doing that either.

2nd is are you sure? Why is everything you do followed up with a, are you sure box? You are in a single room, only way out is to click the door, are you sure you want to leave? Is there really that many people out there that is so unsure of their actions that you need to be asked again???

Agree, very boring, but hardly on top of list of problems.

We arent talking about problems, these are gripes, so yes it is on top of my list.

3rd is the absurdity of these traveling quests. I thought swotor was bad, but this game makes swotors back and forth quests, tame in comparison. 

Meh, nothing special.

Overall though, I enjoy the game, it is fun, its just the little things that a new game should not be plagued by that really get under my skin.

I would add: total absence of voices with very few exceptions when watching videos at class quests. No voice. No even "hi, friend" when clicking on quest giver. All mute. Then interface totaly meant for console and somehow adapted to kbd/mouse. Invisible barriers whenever you go. Ok, is also game about magic forces, bolts, ... but stil exaggerated with so magic invisible barriers. :-) Then boring to death quests. And not only because of text, that could go, problem is instead of presenting player with whole text, no, one must click 10 times to get to silly end of accepting quest. Btw, never was able to cancel and quest, had to go through all clicks to abandon later. Then forced grouping if one want to continue class quest. Reason I never played FF11. Then - this should made top 3 - that horrible 2.5 sec GCD. That alone would make me wish to stop playing. Then ... ah, enough, you got idea.

Global cool downs do not bother me. I also enjoy tab targeting as well. Invisible walls are a pain but didnt make it into my top 3 gripes.

Originally posted by sumdumguy1

Star Wars also went belly up in that it went to f2p way too quickly because it cost so much and when the subs hit unbelievable lows. When EA sent out surveys and had over 750, 000 responses, voice acting didn't make the top 10 list of things important to people when asked.  While its a nice feature to have when done right, its very very expensive and people within EA have hinted this is one of the biggest cost of the game that in retrospect led to the disappointment involved with this game.

That may well be the case, but it's also a red herring and has nothing to do with my post, or that of the person I was replying to. Also, there were other reasons TOR went belly-up, and it had everything to do with the gameplay and the amount of longevity once people reached level cap and completed the content.

To get back on topic, though...

It's been argued that the reason behind the shoddy and incomplete voice acting in ARR is due to the high cost. It was also argued that quests of  the typical "themepark" variety (kill and collect) can't be done any better.

I took issue with both of those assertions, and responded to someone who made a similar argument to what I was going to say... adding my own reasoning to it.

If a small company, like FC who's had to actually shrink its team due to financial constraints can still produce such an excellent amount of voice-acted and choreographed cut-scenes, which complement and drive very detailed storylines and diverse, challenging missions on top of that...  it kinda shines a bit of doubt on the argument that SE, a much larger company with vastly greater resources, couldn't have delivered better as well.

It's also kinda funny how people were raving about how so much of ARR was voice-acted, and how that's a really important thing for Yoshi-P to have done... Yet, when it's pointed out how other MMOs have done it better, or how it's lacking in ARR... the excuses immediately start flying of "why it's not so important to have a lot of voice acting".

That's the problem when people don't stick to their arguments, but change them on the fly to suit the situation... They inevitably end up contradicting themselves. You can't keep moving goal posts. You can't have it both ways.

• BhobBhob Member UncommonPosts: 126
    I'm digging the game and I don't mind the cut scenes or the cool downs, ect.  My biggest beef so far is it seems like they added quests to just have more quests.  I mean on the main story quest, you'll often have 3 or 4 quests that you do nothing but talk to 3 or so people in the same area... and that's it.  I wish I could tell the quest giver to do it themselves.  It's good XP but for the main story I want to see more than that.   That and having to talk to someone across the world only to rinse and repeat gets a little boring as well.   Atleast make it so you have to fight your way to a person or something.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

1st is gold spamming. This has been one of the worst gold spams then I have seen in years. Why, its simple, there is no global cooldown on chat, so they can spam it as quickly as they want. Couple this with no easy way to block spammers (why is there not a right click, block person?) and its just a nightmare going into any city zones.

Yeah that gold spamming is crazy  . Do people actually buy that stuff?

The travel quests are a crazy too , at one point I ran backwards and forwards between 2 NPC for a good 30 mins.I almost started calling the game Final Teleportation.

On the plus side the boss fights in dungeons can be quite fun. Healers being able to CC and heal is cool. Also its fun playing with PS3 players especially if they are healers due to the challenge.

• LeGrosGamerLeGrosGamer Member UncommonPosts: 223

1st is gold spamming. This has been one of the worst gold spams then I have seen in years. Why, its simple, there is no global cooldown on chat, so they can spam it as quickly as they want. Couple this with no easy way to block spammers (why is there not a right click, block person?) and its just a nightmare going into any city zones.

The 1st about gold spammers, I don't see the big deal on opening social , blacklist tab and typing the name to block. :)

2nd not sure what to say on this. I'm sometimes unsure when I got to pee. :)

3rd you obviously never played EVE-Online :)

10 HP buffalos FTW, for those who play FF14 and grind FATES will know what I'm referring too. :D

• DoomsDay01DoomsDay01 Member UncommonPosts: 783
    Originally posted by LeGrosGamer

The 1st about gold spammers, I don't see the big deal on opening social , blacklist tab and typing the name to block. :)

2nd not sure what to say on this. I'm sometimes unsure when I got to pee. :)

3rd you obviously never played EVE-Online :)

10 HP buffalos FTW, for those who play FF14 and grind FATES will know what I'm referring too. :D

LOL, first off. yes I played eve for a couple years. I have played most AAA mmo's and many ftp ones that have come out since meridean 59. As for typing the names, again LOL, good luck with that, thats not something you should have to do in todays mmos. You should be able to right click on their name and select block. You know, like games have been able to do the last 10 years.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Bhob
    I'm digging the game and I don't mind the cut scenes or the cool downs, ect.  My biggest beef so far is it seems like they added quests to just have more quests.  I mean on the main story quest, you'll often have 3 or 4 quests that you do nothing but talk to 3 or so people in the same area... and that's it.  I wish I could tell the quest giver to do it themselves.  It's good XP but for the main story I want to see more than that.   That and having to talk to someone across the world only to rinse and repeat gets a little boring as well.   Atleast make it so you have to fight your way to a person or something.

While some sidequests are really boring, they do serve a major purpose: to paint a better picture of how life is in Eorzea. Some sidequests are really fun, like the one where I have to stand on the edge of a lighthouse (i.e. stand on the wall at the top; so if you jump wrongly you would fall down and do all over again XD) and the one where you have to use cactuar piss (LOLOL) for a purpose. 

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

Overall I really love this game but I'll play along and list my top 3.

1.) The Day Night Cycle

I guess Im old school in a sense that I like my MMO Day Night cycle to be based on a real world 24 hour schedule. To me FFARR Has some of the best graphics out there espcially the lighting engine but this 30 mins of Day 30 mins of night totatlly breaks immersion of the game, for me at least.  I know people will cry "But i only play the game at night,Iwant to see daytime too" I always felt if you are a night or day player in RL the rare ocassion you long on at a different time and see the world in a different light (literally) would make the game & your game play session that much better & immmersive.

2. The Bank aka retainer and overall storage system

I have never played a mmo with so many mats to manage and such a clunky storage interface to go along with it, Just a real pain in the balls, Why did they have to get all slick with this retainer nonsense , would have been so much eaiser with your traditional MMO style Bank.

3.The Gold sellers

My God they are out in full force and they spam like i have never seen in a game before, Very very annoying and starting every play session with a /blist and then adding the play sessions worth of spammers is hassle.

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

Originally posted by Hyanmen

Some people confuse "time-consuming" with "hard".

You've just met one of those people.

The game stops being "easy" post-30 anyway, your average gamer really needs to pay attention after that point.

Of course here everyone is leet uber pro god's gift to MMO's, so they just have to deal with the game not being challenging enough to their standards.

And some people - particularly folks like yourself, trying to defend "their game" - will relentlessly spin strawman arguments and ad-hominems in an attempt to dismiss any criticism of "their game". Because god forbid someone not like "your game" and have the audacity to voice those criticisms on a message forum.

It's par for the course with most MMOs, but is particularly bad with this community. Easily the most intolerant, closed-minded and toxic group of people I've ever encountered in any MMO. ARR's community has bypassed even that of Darkfall in terms of intolerance of criticism, and open hostility toward any who express it.

The big joke about it, though, is how the ARR community pats itself on the back as being "one of the best communities in MMOs". Talk about being self-deluded and painfully un-self aware.

I realize it's not going to change, and people like you and the 5 or 6 other tireless defenders around here will be johnny on the spot to attack anyone who dares say they don't like something about ARR.

Still, could you guys at least find some new tactics to do so? Make it more interesting for those of us rolling our eyes at the feeble and thoughtless attempts made to try and discredit any negative opinion or criticism of the game? Pretend that you're capable of individual thought, and aren't a slave to over-used, canned retorts that aren't even relevant most of the time?

People post with all manner of criticisms and complaints about the game. They run the gamut, covering a wide variety of topics. Yet, they are met with the same handful of regurgitated retorts and dismissive remarks from people like yourself. A bit of imagination, maybe an original thought or two, is all I ask.

When people are able to reach level cap in their first week of playing... and aren't even really trying to... That can certainly be considered "a blink", especially in a genre of games that are intended to last for years, not weeks.

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Hyanmen

Some people confuse "time-consuming" with "hard".

You've just met one of those people.

The game stops being "easy" post-30 anyway, your average gamer really needs to pay attention after that point.

Of course here everyone is leet uber pro god's gift to MMO's, so they just have to deal with the game not being challenging enough to their standards.

And some people - particularly folks like yourself, trying to defend "their game" - will relentlessly spin strawman arguments and ad-hominems in an attempt to dismiss any criticism of "their game". Because god forbid someone not like "your game" and have the audacity to voice those criticisms on a message forum.

It's par for the course with most MMOs, but is particularly bad with this community. Easily the most intolerant, closed-minded and toxic group of people I've ever encountered in any MMO. ARR's community has bypassed even that of Darkfall in terms of intolerance of criticism, and open hostility toward any who express it.

The big joke about it, though, is how the ARR community pats itself on the back as being "one of the best communities in MMOs". Talk about being self-deluded and painfully un-self aware.

I realize it's not going to change, and people like you and the 5 or 6 other tireless defenders around here will be johnny on the spot to attack anyone who dares say they don't like something about ARR.

Still, could you guys at least find some new tactics to do so? Make it more interesting for those of us rolling our eyes at the feeble and thoughtless attempts made to try and discredit any negative opinion or criticism of the game? Pretend that you're capable of individual thought, and aren't a slave to over-used, canned retorts that aren't even relevant most of the time?

People post with all manner of criticisms and complaints about the game. They run the gamut, covering a wide variety of topics. Yet, they are met with the same handful of regurgitated retorts and dismissive remarks from people like yourself. A bit of imagination, maybe an original thought or two, is all I ask.

When people are able to reach level cap in their first week of playing... and aren't even really trying to... That can certainly be considered "a blink", especially in a genre of games that are intended to last for years, not weeks.

Do you mean "original thought" like the post two steps above yours?

As for community: the community would be more enjoyable for me at least if there were far less people playing ffxiv with the main focus of min-maxing.

As for voice-acting; personally I would prefer if there were 0 voice acting. I simply click through the text as soon as I finished reading it and do not wait for the voice-acting to be done. 

I find voice-acting to only be of interest for me when the game uses a lot of proper body language and puts emphasis on nuances on the voice to convey messages that do not appear in the text. I find voice-acting pointless when it is nothing else than just reading out loud the text that was just written. This is why I find voice important in good tv-series, but far less so in most MMORPGS (not everyone, because I haven't played everyone and I certainly didn't give funcom another chance because of their previous games).

As for level cap: the only thing that a level cap in games usually mean is the ability to wear lv50 items. That's it. To draw far more conclusions based on it is a pointless pursuit. 

Furthermore, using "1 week" is a pointless statement as well; that could be 4 hours of gameplay or 70 hours. 

• Quazal.AQuazal.A Member UncommonPosts: 859

My biggest issue

Invisible Walls, Now i accept at edge of map, everything has to have an edge, but in middle of towns / or wall forcing me to cross the bridge rather than jump in the water.

I have free will, if i want to jump off the edge i should be able too, but nope invisible wall, this leads me onto number 2

No matter how far you fall you always have 1hp when you land, I mean geez even WoW killed you if you jumped from too high

Number 3 - Not being able have my combat chocobo out whilst i ride another mount, this is just plain frustrating have to expel and re summon all the time.

Number 4 - is my 2nd biggest problem, the server lag - Not the 1000s of ms historical lag, but the AoE cone > move lag, how many times have you been standing outsidfe before the MOB cast but because of the forced 500ms of lag you still get hit by damn aoe.

EDIT

Number 5 - Having to dismount when i want to talk to someone, my partner in r/l owns a horse but she can happily talk to me or my daughters while still on back, and yet in this fanciful universe i have to dismount

Overall i have to admit i have been surprised by the game, and for a release the game has very few ground breaking bugs, just little problems that can be played around

This post is all my opinion, but I welcome debate on anything i have put, however, personal slander / name calling belongs in game where of course you're welcome to call me names im often found lounging about in EvE online.
    Use this code for 21days trial in eve online https://secure.eveonline.com/trial/?invc=d385aff2-794a-44a4-96f1-3967ccf6d720&action=buddy

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124

My 3 complaints would be:

1. Gold sellers, seems this is every bodies biggest complaint and SE aren't doing enough about it quick enough, this will drive many people away.

2. Loading screens, zones and capital cities even have them whilst traveling round. I hate loading screens, I like the world I'm in to be seamless and if we have to have loading screens I still expect to be able to run around a city without them. I can only imagine that this is so bad because of the game being on console?

3. No real exploration, in each zone what you see is what you get. No little hidden areas that are there just for exploring and finding, it just makes the environments very dull and boring really.

There my big complaints and there the reason I didn't end up subbing after my free days and also why this game has now disappeared of my radar, once you get past the nice graphics it actually just not very good. (My opinion, before I'm flamed for it).

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,004
    I'm actually a bit bored of it plus it's always had performance issues. Is anyone else getting performance issues or is it my machine? I haven't seen anyone else complaining about lag, delayed actions etc.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• wrightstufwrightstuf Member UncommonPosts: 659

you left out...

4) no one talks. no community whatsoever. plenty people standing around shouting for "lfg" but rarely any chat

• MagikrorriMMagikrorriM Member UncommonPosts: 223
    Originally posted by wrightstuf

you left out...

4) no one talks. no community whatsoever. plenty people standing around shouting for "lfg" but rarely any chat

What server are you on? On Hyperion, they never stop talking.

My biggest gripes

1. Latency, I'm in New York and get a better ping from Japan, then the NA server. If anyone has done the Titan battle, you know what I speak of.

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

About the quest hub complaints. I hate quests, makes me feel less like a hero and more like an errand boy. Which is why I dont do quests (except a very very few once in awhile) Im leveling fine with grinding mobs(love the chain xp) and doing the hunting log. Ill do the fates once inawhile but not realy big on those in this game and in others like WAR, Rift,GW2.

But im old school (UO, EQ and DAoC to name a few ) so grinding mobs isnt a big deal. Probaly why i couldnt get into STWOR to much, grinding mobs in that game like most themeparks is pointless.