Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warhammer SHUTDOWN in December.

Thanks EA!!! :-/

Yes that is right, Warhammer's final day will be  gone December 18th. As it is past Sept 18 you can no longer buy 3 month passes. Here is the link from the Dev's.  http://www.warhammeronline.com/article/Warhammer-Notice-Shutdown

Best wishes to those who still like this game!

Comments

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    You're late...... but this is no real loss, EA killed it long ago.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    ya, I am surprised it lasted this far; now if you wanna play a goblo then /back to WoW

gameplay > graphics

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by xpowderx

Thanks EA!!! :-/

Are you suggesting they should have kept it open longer even without enough playing it to meet its numbers?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

There was great disappointment with WAR's handling by EA, so much so that it seems the next license publishing is being granted to Activision ... WAR40k (Dev = Behaviour)

I'm sure the non-renewal wasn't an oversight .. rather a calculated rejection from GW against EA's botch job

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• freakishbeanfreakishbean Member UncommonPosts: 176

Let's see here...

No expansions? As in, actual new content expansions? Check.

12 races/Factions in the world, and WAR only uses half? Check

"Tiered" levels, no exploring the WAR world? Check

Constantly breaking the game with failed patches? Check

In 5 years, WAR got 3 good updates - Slayers and Choppas, Knights of the Sun and the DE Tank class, and Khemri, which was pretty awesome. But no Bretonnia, No Sylvania, no New World or far east - it's as if they didn't even try developing a Warhammer world, aside from the Tomb of Knowledge. 

Hopefully, one day, a developer will put out a Warhmamer Fantasy game that the IP deserves. 

Needing is Wanting...
    Wanting is Coveting...
    Coveting is Sinning...
    I am SO going to Hell.

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520
    Someone else is working on a new Warhammer MMO, that's probably why WAR is getting shutdown. Same thing happened when TOR came out - SWG got shuttered.
  • gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

Non-renewal of the IP might have been mutual - 40K has always been a different part of the IP so it could have been renewed.

Renewing the IP would have cost money. If the offer had been high enough GW would surely have said yes. But with relatively few players EA wont have wanted to pay a great deal - if anything. At which point GW will have decided they might get more in the future.