Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Marvel Super Hero Squad Online: Gazillion Celebrates 6 Million Registrations

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Gazillion Entertainment is celebrating the six million registrations for Marvel Super Hero Squad Online with a free one week unlimited subscription to the game. 

Since launch, Gazillion has added tons of amazing new content including new heroes, new missions, and new game modes including:

• Survival Mode – Survival mode pits players against endless waves of the biggest baddies in the Marvel Universe.

• Sidekicks – Every hero needs a sidekick! Now players can have a personal sidekick to display in game zones.

• Titles – Titles allow players to show off some true individuality with tags such as The Fuzzy or The Superheroic.

• World Events – World Events allow players to compete daily for a chance to win Spider-Man Noir by collecting Infinity Fractals from the game world or from the store. 

To celebrate the surpassing of 6 million players, Gazillion is offering a free one-week subscription to Marvel Super Hero Squad Online.  To redeem your free one-week subscription, please visit www.heroup.com and enter in the code below in the "Redeem a Game Code!" box.

Head to the link above to claim your reward!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Here we go again... F2P game/publisher claiming to have 6M REGISTERED USERS. Once again, we don't give a damn about the number of REGISTERED USERS. Heck, World of Tanks claims to have 50M+ REGISTERED USERS. What I'd like to know from these publishers is the ACTUAL number of RETURNING PLAYERS last month.
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Actually WOT last claims to have 65 million registered users. I'm one of them. Never played the game.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    [mod edit]

Nobody knows "how popular" WoT is, except the developer. If you believe that game developers/publishers always tell the absolute truth, then you'll accept that WoT is the most popular multiplayer game in the history of the internet.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    Originally posted by marz.at.play
    Actually WOT last claims to have 65 million registered users. I'm one of them. Never played the game.

Me to.

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

I am  a 'registered user' on both those games.  I have played World of Tanks three times longer than the wasted hour I spent in Marvel Stuper Hero Squad Online.   

And none of that means a dang thing, other than their PR/bragging.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

I think you are missing the point Iceage.  No one is saying that WoT is or is not a good or highly played game.   We are just saying registered users is a pointless number that most of us don't really care about.  We are more interested on how many people are logging in each day and playing longer then 30 seconds.

• IceAgeIceAge Member EpicPosts: 3,120
    Originally posted by Stofftier
    [mod edit]

I never played nor tried WoL , but I can assure you, that the game is very popular and is played by many. How do I know? Well , statistics are speaking and here I mean : alexa traffic rank, daily and monthly google search keyword for WoT , World of Tanks and other terms which they are bound to World of Tanks, daily website visits and more. If you do not know how those things work, please don't ask "how" . In fact, please don't say anything.

Thank you!

Originally posted by Entropy14

I think you are missing the point Iceage.  No one is saying that WoT is or is not a good or highly played game.   We are just saying registered users is a pointless number that most of us don't really care about.  We are more interested on how many people are logging in each day and playing longer then 30 seconds.

Yes, if fact the first 2 posters did say (somehow) that WoT is just numbers and not a big game.

If you are interested in how many people are logging in each day, then you will probably not find the answer, but if you want to know about how big a game is, there are other statistics which can "say" that. See above reply to Stofftier.

Reporter: What's behind Blizzard success, and how do you make your gamers happy?
    Blizzard Boss: Making gamers happy is not my concern, making money.. yes!

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    yeah, using the amount of total registered players is a bunch of bologna. What's worst is players believe that 6m registered players is a big accomplishment :p If the game is f2p then the only number that matters is the number of active players spending money and that's pretty much the bottom line. I'm sure this will net them a few more registered users but how many will continue to play after day 1 or the end of the week when the free membership ends??
  • IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by synn
    yeah, using the amount of total registered players is a bunch of bologna. What's worst is players believe that 6m registered players is a big accomplishment :p

Which players? None of the ones responding to this thread thus far?

Can we take that as a thumbnail of approximately how many believe it in general (= none)?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    My son and I registered for this one, played about an hour and never touched it again.  The registered numbers don't mean squat.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    is this a paid ad? I may get another warning now , oh well

gameplay > graphics

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    Originally posted by Icewhite
    Originally posted by synn
    yeah, using the amount of total registered players is a bunch of bologna. What's worst is players believe that 6m registered players is a big accomplishment :p

Which players? None of the ones responding to this thread thus far?

Can we take that as a thumbnail of approximately how many believe it in general (= none)?

The veteran players in the genre know that the number means nothing, but the noobs may be lured by it.

• ET3DET3D Member UncommonPosts: 325
    What's your problem, people? Company is celebrating and giving players a bonus. I'd say, the more meaningless numbers to celebrate the better.