Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Blizzard removes cash shop from Diablo III. Says it undermines gameplay.

124»

Comments

  • laseritlaserit Vancouver, BCPosts: 1,952Member Uncommon
    You come my seminar... You make money on RMAH....  You be rich... You by new house you buy new car.... You come my semina... You be millionaire you go far... You come my seminar

    "If you make an ass out of yourself, there will always be someone to ride you." - Bruce Lee

  • DihoruDihoru ConstantaPosts: 2,731Member
    Misleading title really as a RMAH isn't a cash shop. What it is is a system for facilitating trades between players, trades which could be done using real money while a cash shop is a transaction between the player and either the developer or the publisher of the game in exchange for an item or item-based service. I know to F2P detractors there's no difference between these two but as always the ever so slight difference in definitions makes or breaks a world to some.

    image
  • monkey_crushermonkey_crusher TaipeiPosts: 41Member
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by monkey_crusher
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Cymdai

    Am I the only person here who isn't impressed at all with this?

    So let me get this straight. You implement the RM:AH, and before the game is even released, there are literally thousands of posts on the forums about how terrible of an idea it is and how much it will ruin the game.

    There are literally thousands of posts that say the same thing about everything. Including things that work very well and are extremely popular. . Forum posts aren't reliable indicators of anything If we went by forum posts we'd abandon vaccinations and millions of children would die needlessly. Stop using forum posts as validation of opinion it's worthless as an argument.

    No there isn't.

    Yes they can be.

    Lol. Would we?

    :(

    A colorful way to say nuh-huh and bead dead wrong.

    1 start counting, you'll find contrary opinions on everything.

    2 because some random persons said so isn't  a reliable indicator of anything.

    3 Yes, care to consult your local physician? Maybe you're too young to remember polio.

    1. You said there are literally thousands of posts that say the same thing about everything. There literally isn't. Sure there are contrary opinions on a myriad of subject matters. Thousands on everything? Start counting.

    2. Everyone is a random person to someone, discrediting all opinion by virtue of it being on the internet is moronic.

    3. I just consulted my physician and he seems to think that there is no correlation between forum posting, hypothetical vaccination abandonment and Polio. 

     

    Maybe I AM too young to remember Polio. MAYBE. What's it to you grandad?

  • zymurgeistzymurgeist Pittsville, VAPosts: 5,215Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by monkey_crusher
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by monkey_crusher
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Cymdai

    Am I the only person here who isn't impressed at all with this?

    So let me get this straight. You implement the RM:AH, and before the game is even released, there are literally thousands of posts on the forums about how terrible of an idea it is and how much it will ruin the game.

    There are literally thousands of posts that say the same thing about everything. Including things that work very well and are extremely popular. . Forum posts aren't reliable indicators of anything If we went by forum posts we'd abandon vaccinations and millions of children would die needlessly. Stop using forum posts as validation of opinion it's worthless as an argument.

    No there isn't.

    Yes they can be.

    Lol. Would we?

    :(

    A colorful way to say nuh-huh and bead dead wrong.

    1 start counting, you'll find contrary opinions on everything.

    2 because some random persons said so isn't  a reliable indicator of anything.

    3 Yes, care to consult your local physician? Maybe you're too young to remember polio.

    1. You said there are literally thousands of posts that say the same thing about everything. There literally isn't. Sure there are contrary opinions on a myriad of subject matters. Thousands on everything? Start counting.

    2. Everyone is a random person to someone, discrediting all opinion by virtue of it being on the internet is moronic.

    3. I just consulted my physician and he seems to think that there is no correlation between forum posting, hypothetical vaccination abandonment and Polio. 

     

    Maybe I AM too young to remember Polio. MAYBE. What's it to you grandad?

    You're talking through your hat and splitting hairs now. Posting something that can be verified as untrue with facts isn't the same as expressing an opinion. You're just wrong.

    "Strong and bitter words indicate a weak cause" ~Victor Hugo

  • DoomedfoxDoomedfox Elmhurts, NYPosts: 685Member Common

    I suppose they go all data they wanted and the profit wasnt big enough for them anymore to keep it up.

    I am sure they will make good use of the data and find a way to make the AH in Titan more profitable for them

  • 123443211234123443211234 seattle, WAPosts: 244Member
    Too little too late and its not even going to happen until March, THAT'S SIX MONTHS AWAY STILL!
  • Baramos79Baramos79 Indianapolis, INPosts: 73Member
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

    Blizzard obviously is a smart company.   They generally know what's going on, and, for the most part, make the right decisions involving their games.  My question is, how did they not anticipate the RL cash shop would have this exact effect on their game?  The Diablo series has ALWAYS been about killing monsters and amassing loot.  Lots and lots of loot.  How could they think allowing players to use real money to buy that loot online would do anything other than degrading the Diablo experience? 

    Rookie mistake by a company that should know better.

    That was my initial impression as well.

  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaPosts: 8,467Member Uncommon

    It is the right thing to do and imo a smart move but you need ask,why not the smart thinking BEFORE hand?It kind of shows how slack and lazy developers are in thinking about implementing ideas,they just toss it in and figure they will see what happens.

    What would be the SIMPLEST way to implement something of controversy?ASK your player base,is that not what every developer keeps telling us,that they listen to the players?Well apparently not,act first,ask later or don't ask at all.


    Samoan Diamond

  • monkey_crushermonkey_crusher TaipeiPosts: 41Member
     posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by monkey_crusher
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by monkey_crusher
    Originally posted by zymurgeist
    Originally posted by Cymdai

    Am I the only person here who isn't impressed at all with this?

    So let me get this straight. You implement the RM:AH, and before the game is even released, there are literally thousands of posts on the forums about how terrible of an idea it is and how much it will ruin the game.

    There are literally thousands of posts that say the same thing about everything. Including things that work very well and are extremely popular. . Forum posts aren't reliable indicators of anything If we went by forum posts we'd abandon vaccinations and millions of children would die needlessly. Stop using forum posts as validation of opinion it's worthless as an argument.

    No there isn't.

    Yes they can be.

    Lol. Would we?

    :(

    A colorful way to say nuh-huh and bead dead wrong.

    1 start counting, you'll find contrary opinions on everything.

    2 because some random persons said so isn't  a reliable indicator of anything.

    3 Yes, care to consult your local physician? Maybe you're too young to remember polio.

    1. You said there are literally thousands of posts that say the same thing about everything. There literally isn't. Sure there are contrary opinions on a myriad of subject matters. Thousands on everything? Start counting.

    2. Everyone is a random person to someone, discrediting all opinion by virtue of it being on the internet is moronic.

    3. I just consulted my physician and he seems to think that there is no correlation between forum posting, hypothetical vaccination abandonment and Polio. 

     

    Maybe I AM too young to remember Polio. MAYBE. What's it to you grandad?

    You're talking through your hat and splitting hairs now. Posting something that can be verified as untrue with facts isn't the same as expressing an opinion. You're just wrong.

    I dont know about talking through my hat. Is that an expression from the Polio era?

     

    The guy you referred to and attempted to discredit earlier said "there are literally thousands of posts on the forums about how terrible of an idea it is and how much it will ruin the game."  He's correct. There are.

     

    It doesn't make it true admittedly. But arguing theres nothing to be learned from peoples opinions is a bit short-sighted.  No-one said "Posting something that can be verified as untrue with facts isn't the same as expressing an opinion."

     

    Here I would say "you're wrong" or "my dad is bigger than your dad" but,

     

    a) I'm not THAT childish and

     

    b) You appear to be making things up and arguing with yourself.

     

    Are you winning?

  • YizleYizle Atlanta, GAPosts: 517Member
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    This just in: Blizzard States the Obvious!

    Yeah they a bit too late. I guess they not earning the money from the RMA transactions anymore.

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by Wizardry

    It is the right thing to do and imo a smart move but you need ask,why not the smart thinking BEFORE hand?

    because they have a thousand other things to do? Because it is a big decision and that it takes time to figure out the technical feasibility?

  • BizkitNLBizkitNL NetherlandsPosts: 2,280Member Common

    This decision makes sense when you factor in their "loot 2.0" system that will be released before the expansion.

    I still play D3, but I see even better times ahead :).

    10
  • PopplePopple Utica, NYPosts: 167Member
    Don't worry Blizzard will be back with another crazy idea... They will keep fishing until they find suckers to bite..image

    I retired retroactively..Haha

  • VidirVidir GothenburgPosts: 944Member Uncommon
    Lot of people play this game couse of the auction shopps. they are not only removing the rm cash shop they will remove the in game gold auction hall as well.I'm not sure if this is so smart.
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by Vidir
    Lot of people play this game couse of the auction shopps. they are not only removing the rm cash shop they will remove the in game gold auction hall as well.I'm not sure if this is so smart.

    We will see. However, i think the expansion will sell a ton. The core combat is just super fun ... i don't think people will give that up just because there is no more AH.

     

  • SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi LONDONPosts: 661Member Uncommon

    Goodbye D3 AH, hello D2JSP AH.

    lulz :/

  • TalRashaTalRasha GroningenPosts: 827Member
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

    Goodbye D3 AH, hello D2JSP AH.

    lulz :/

    Probably yes.

    But there is a difference with an AH just a click away from the game and some website.

    For most players there simply will not be an AH anymore.

    Perhaps there will not be trading at all (items account bound rumors).

  • nariusseldonnariusseldon santa clara, CAPosts: 22,441Member
    Originally posted by TalRasha
    Originally posted by Seelinnikoi

    Goodbye D3 AH, hello D2JSP AH.

    lulz :/

    Probably yes.

    But there is a difference with an AH just a click away from the game and some website.

    For most players there simply will not be an AH anymore.

    Perhaps there will not be trading at all (items account bound rumors).

    Plus every player is on the official AH .. literally millions, and much fewer players will be on D2JSP .. hence you don't get to see 1000 high end weapons .. all within 20 DPS of each other.

     

124»
Sign In or Register to comment.