Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of WarPlanes: Release Date Postponed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Wargaming has announced that it has postponed the anticipated launch of World of WarPlanes to November 12-13, 2013. The team indicated that the extra time gives developers a chance to further polish and enhance the aerial combat game.

“We are committed to releasing a great title and are doing everything to ensure that World of Warplanes gets the final polish we believe the game needs,” said Vlad Belozerov, World of Warplanes' Director of Global Operations. “The extra time will allow the development team to fine-tune the game balance and make sure that every feature is top-notch before launch.”

When World of Warplanes goes live, experience points earned during the open beta will not be reset. To reward beta testers for their feedback and participation, their total sum of experience points will be evenly distributed between the pilots of low-level warplanes from the five national lines, featured in the game at release.

Find out more on the World of WarPlanes site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257
    I'll be sure to check this one out once it's released. I'm playing similar games such as War Thunder, epic game and its nice to play something different. Glad to hear they're doing more fixing/patching, they've got to make this work in order to combat other companies.
  • DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818

It's pretty bad when you've given out an endless number of beta keys and you can't get 1200 people to log into it on the weekend. world of tanks had 60k+ people playing on weekends in beta ( when it was just 1 server for na/eu )

This game is going to drop a bomb but it isn't going to be filled with cash like WoT was.

• ThoemseThoemse Member UncommonPosts: 457
    Did my comment just get deleted because it was against a sponsor?
  • lucyluffy101lucyluffy101 Member UncommonPosts: 152
    I don't like the graphics and control of this game. I like war thunder because the graphic look real and  it did not require more higher video card.
  • TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    After World of Tanks, they probably thought they had a sure thing with WoWarplanes...Then along came War Thunder and now WoWarplanes is struggling mightily.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    War Thunder is a better product IMO.
  • Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213
    Translation: Oh crap, War Thunder is a much better game & is stealing all our WoWP customers! We have to add more features & polish so we can compete!
  • DeathmachinePTDeathmachinePT Member UncommonPosts: 119

War thunder is so much better than WoWP and it's just in a sort of open beta, fights still are too fast in some battles since you can win in under 4mins but it's going in the right direction.

Cant wait for ground forces.

ASROCK Z97 E-ITX 
    Intel i7 4790k @ 4.5Ghz+KrakenX41
    Gigabyte 1070 8GB Mini OC
    16GB Crucial 1333mhz 1.3V
    SWG 8 Year Vet, WW2OL 8 Year Vet.
    Aka Darksparrow Rancorheart(tempest/farstar), Fxmkorp

• tachgbtachgb Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Scrap Warplanes, War Thunder does it better and just concentrate on Tanks and Battleships...