Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Rising: Checkin' Out the End Game

Comments

• DamonVileDamonVile Member UncommonPosts: 4,818
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by rojo6934

This game will never get better with lazy people behind it. Sorry but that is true. Taking the easy way out is not good for mmos. THat applies to every mmo, not only this one, so its nothing personal.

While I'm not a big fan of getting a max-level toon without working for it,  you're way off base if you consider En Masse a lazy company.  They are anything BUT lazy.  I only wish they had some say in the actual development of this game before launch.  I can guarantee the leveling experience wouldn't have been nearly as painful.

If only he knew the difference between a publisher and a developer.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

This game will never get better with lazy people behind it. Sorry but that is true. Taking the easy way out is not good for mmos. THat applies to every mmo, not only this one, so its nothing personal.

Where have you been for the last 10 years!  People have been taking the quickest route to max level for a long time, and that goes for any game.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

This is great!

I already have two 60s and could never level 1-58 again, now I get to get a different class to 58 for free and the last two levels are pretty easy and rich in storyline so it's not a problem for me.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    I have a 35 lvl priest and in the 1 free spot i want to create a lancer. when i go to name him, with lets say Aroukos.Levelup it says the name is not acceptable. i try other names too, but none ending with .Levelup is acceptable. any thoughts?
  • Mr.KujoMr.Kujo Member Posts: 383

How I see this:

I'm not an alt type of guy. This is a class change for me from one that has to wait hours in dungeon queue to one that gets in there in 5 minutes. Way to fix my mistake from beginning for free. Also will be able to refresh my gameplay with new character name etc.

So, a very nice addition.

• AroukosAroukos Member Posts: 571
    Its only for US TERA, right? This really sucks!
  • darkheartsdarkhearts Member UncommonPosts: 159
    Worked for me, just pick random name like Wmkasdjn.Levelup or something lol

I hope they add it for new players. I have a few friends I'd like to play tera with but have no interest in lvling a 4th time. This would let them have 1 character they could join me in higher lvl content and alts if they want to.

They're all good players and can learn how to play, and only group with me so no one else would have to suffer their noobness while they did.

• ChrisboxChrisbox Member UncommonPosts: 1,729
    Lol. That's all I have to say.  

Played-Everything
    Playing-LoL

• Synns77Synns77 Member Posts: 124
    Interesting, I quit this game because the lvling was really dull and also I'd brought the EU version and frogster were useless. May be a good reason to now join the us version and give the game another go.
  • SinakuSinaku Member UncommonPosts: 552
    Yeah this makes me feel better for leveling up my slayer and sorc to lvl 60...thank you...
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Originally posted by DamonVile

I hope they add it for new players. I have a few friends I'd like to play tera with but have no interest in lvling a 4th time. This would let them have 1 character they could join me in higher lvl content and alts if they want to.

They're all good players and can learn how to play, and only group with me so no one else would have to suffer their noobness while they did.

I think the cutoff is accounts made last Wednesday or older. I have this feeling they want to prevent current players, especially on pvp servers, from creating many level 58 alt accounts. They should drop that rule for anyone that spends like $5 or $10 with them on brand new accounts after the cutoff. That would discourage alt account spam, but still let new friends play with you.

yeah it is cut off and the $5 thing would be a good idea. They did say this was a test run so they may open it up to new "paid"
     accounts in future

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Speedhaak
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Not interested.

For me, the excitement of an MMO is the jouney, not the destination.

Exactly. And how are people who get landed with a lvl 58 character going to have any idea of what skills to use? It's like Being born into the Earth and handed your school bag on day 1 :P

Not really the same thing. Its a MMO, the combat isnt that different to any other action MMO, and the leveling is as boring as hell. If it was someones first MMO or video game, you might have a point, but the potential customers they are targetting with this promotion are not new to the genre.

The people they are targetting are those that gave up at mid-levels because of the boring leveling content.  The end-game is pretty good for TERA so they want people to try that.

Furthermore, the way you play while soloing up to max level is usually completely different to how you play in a group at max level. You are still going to be a noob for a day or two once you hit max level.

Should they have fixed the leveling content instead? Probably. But this is a quick fix to get people hooked.  The other option takes time and resources that could be better spent on endgame.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Can anyone confirm whether or not this is US only?
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RogoshRogosh Member UncommonPosts: 208

yeah its North America only.

"Its better to look ugly and win than pretty and lose"

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    Originally posted by VastoHorde

While I'm not a big fan of getting a max-level toon without working for it,  you're way off base if you consider En Masse a lazy company.  They are anything BUT lazy.  I only wish they had some say in the actual development of this game before launch.  I can guarantee the leveling experience wouldn't have been nearly as painful.

En Masse is my favorite mmo company. They stay in touch with the players having in game events and contest. TERA has gotten 3 major updates in the last 3 months. That's what I want to see in my mmo.

i believe Blue Hole are the developers, not ENMasse. Im not calling EM lazy but if they prefer not to fix the game and instead they just want people to skip the game and go straight to max lvl content then yes, that behavior is from someone lazy enough not to fix their own game. They need more players and more money, giving away max lvl characters fully geared wont bring as much as actually overhauling the leveling content would do. Thats my point. THis will be nice for  some old players sick of the leveling grind, but awful for everyone else.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Has anybody got the level 58 yet?

En Masse is my favorite mmo company. They stay in touch with the players having in game events and contest. TERA has gotten 3 major updates in the last 3 months. That's what I want to see in my mmo.

i believe Blue Hole are the developers, not ENMasse. Im not calling EM lazy but if they prefer not to fix the game and instead they just want people to skip the game and go straight to max lvl content then yes, that behavior is from someone lazy enough not to fix their own game. They need more players and more money, giving away max lvl characters fully geared wont bring as much as actually overhauling the leveling content would do. Thats my point. THis will be nice for  some old players sick of the leveling grind, but awful for everyone else.

That's the thing, the game does not need fixing. Everything is not for everybody. If you like the game then play it and if you don't then play something else. I am talking about people and mmos in general.

Games I don't like are WoW, Guild Wars 2, Rift, Age Of Wushu, Final Fantasy XIV, Eve, Age Of Conan, Aion, Warhammer Online, Star Wars and I can keep going. Those game don't need fixing, they are just not for me. TERA En Masse right now has 5 Servers and TERA Euro has 12. That's a total of 17 servers for TERA in the west.

http://tera.enmasse.com/server-status

http://tera-europe.com/server-status.html

TERA is doing just fine.

yup

Originally posted by Ppiper

That's the thing, the game does not need fixing. Everything is not for everybody. If you like the game then play it and if you don't then play something else. I am talking about people and mmos in general.

Games I don't like are WoW, Guild Wars 2, Rift, Age Of Wushu, Final Fantasy XIV, Eve, Age Of Conan, Aion, Warhammer Online, Star Wars and I can keep going. Those game don't need fixing, they are just not for me. TERA En Masse right now has 5 Servers and TERA Euro has 12. That's a total of 17 servers for TERA in the west.

http://tera.enmasse.com/server-status

http://tera-europe.com/server-status.html

TERA is doing just fine.

please tell me how Tera is doing fine? Is it the extraordinary end game content called gear grind?  Getting to 60 was fun,m after that, end game or should I say, game ends.  Let's talk cash shop, buy a mount for seven days, give me a break. Stick a fork in this monstrosity. Let me add how fun it is to grind gear, RNG! Candy Crush Saga has better odds than this POS!

You talking about your personal opinion. I just posted links showing how the game is doing fine. Like I said, if you don't like the game then your only choice is to play something else. A mmo is like a ship, afther it sails you don't worry about the people that did not get on. You take care of your crew.image

Originally posted by DamonVile

yup

Just got mine too.image

You talking about your personal opinion. I just posted links showing how the game is doing fine. Like I said, if you don't like the game then your only choice is to play something else. A mmo is like a ship, afther it sails you don't worry about the people that did not get on. You take care of your crew.image

It's not the first time and wont be the last that some clown on this forum thinks their opinion counts for more than one vote.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

yes, it finally kicked in though I understand it could take the week to get everybody.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Not interested.

For me, the excitement of an MMO is the jouney, not the destination.

exactly.

these fucking shallow piece of shit MMOs get exposed when they have to ferry you to max level as fast as possible so you dont notice how embarrassingly shallow 99% of their game is.

very convenient to only have to focus development on the 1% endgame huh.

fuck that.

TERA is a shit game. So atleast now these new players get to see that sooner. theres the silver lining.