Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Rising: Checkin' Out the End Game

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment has announced a new "Level Up" event in which every player will be granted a permanent level 58 character, complete with all gear, if the event guidelines are properly executed.

The world of TERA is a big place — and we want you and your friends to experience as much of it as possible. That’s why we're offering a free, permanent level 58 character for all new and existing accounts. The Level Up Test Event offers a great chance to bring a new or experienced MMO friend into TERA so you can group up and start adventuring together immediately. It’s also a great opportunity to try your hand at a new class without having to start from scratch.

This event is for a limited time only. If the test is successful, we will use the feedback to further improve your TERA experience going forward.

Here are the guidelines on getting your level 58:

• New characters created between Thursday, September 19 at 10 a.m. PST and Sunday, September 22 at 11:59 p.m. PST will be eligible for this event.

You must create a race and class of your choosing and assign a name ending in ".Levelup"

Starting Monday, September 23, we will run a script that levels up eligible characters.

We will update here when the script starts, and when it completes.

- If you're on the character when the script starts, you will be disconnected. Things will process just fine.

- If you're on another character, you won't be affected.

- We hope to complete the script within 24 hours, but that depends greatly on the number of participants in the test.

Characters will provided with:

- Level 58

- 1 Name change voucher (non-tradable)

- 1 beginner mount.

- T11 soulbound gear for all classes (feel free to use the extra as fodder)

- All items will be sent to parcel

- All story quests (available, but incomplete)

While we are taking measures to ensure that the Level Up Test Event runs smoothly, we want to remind you that this is a test, which may result in technical issues or delays. Expect updates to this thread regarding such matters as well as announcements when we start and finish the script. If all goes as planned, all participants can look forward to a brand new level 58 character to adventure with in the world of TERA.             

Read more on the TERA forum.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Thats their way of fixing theboring leveling in the game..... giving away maxed level and fully geared characters Instead of actually improving the quality of the game and the leveling progression.

This game will never get better with lazy people behind it. Sorry but that is true. Taking the easy way out is not good for mmos. THat applies to every mmo, not only this one, so its nothing personal.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Not interested.

For me, the excitement of an MMO is the jouney, not the destination.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

wait I'm missing something. They mention "bringing in new friends" but that doesn't seem to be one of the stipulations.

so, as I'm reading this, as long as I make a character with the .levelup name it iwlll be taken to level 58? Does this also include pvp server?

edit: well it seems that they are just giving out lvl 58 characters. If I can make one on the pvp server then I'm in!

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Deleted this off my hard drive earlier.  Patting myself on the back after reading this.  
  • SpeedhaakSpeedhaak Member UncommonPosts: 296
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

Not interested.

Exactly. And how are people who get landed with a lvl 58 character going to have any idea of what skills to use? It's like Being born into the Earth and handed your school bag on day 1 :P

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

Not interested.

Second that. I'm opposing this lame idea since AoC started to give a lvl50 character at the char.creation years ago...

Somewhere deep below I can understand and rationalize that people with different mindset are exist out there, but still  :) missing out the whole game and jump to the endgame? Lol.

Originally posted by Po_gg

Not interested.

Second that. I'm opposing this lame idea since AoC started to give a lvl50 character at the char.creation years ago...

Somewhere deep below I can understand and rationalize that people with different mindset are exist out there, but still  :) missing out the whole game and jump to the endgame? Lol.

I would agree with new players.

I however have already gone through the game with two level 60's and a level 30 pvp character.

I seem to be having difficutly getting into guilds with my pvp character because of the level (which is stupid but understandable on a certain level).

I think for players who have played quite a bit of the game it's not necessarily that big a deal.

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Originally posted by Sovrath

I would agree with new players.

I however have already gone through the game with two level 60's and a level 30 pvp character.

I seem to be having difficutly getting into guilds with my pvp character because of the level (which is stupid but understandable on a certain level).

I think for players who have played quite a bit of the game it's not necessarily that big a deal.

That's why I wrote I can somewhat understand :) (and in AoC the supporters had the same reasons, why playing through the game a second time)

But Speedhaak's argument is valid, in Tera's action-based combat maybe even more than it was in AoC: how will you use that toon efficiently? Especially if you plan to pvp. Without the combos and moves "imprinted" to your muscle memory during the weeks of level-up :)

But Speedhaak's argument is valid, in Tera's action-based combat maybe even more than it was in AoC: how will you use that toon efficiently? Especially if you plan to pvp. Without the combos and moves "imprinted" to your muscle memory during the weeks of level-up :)

well I can't speak for everyone as they might be  slaughtered.

For me I will just make level up another lancer which is my main. I've pvp'ed on one at high and low levels and I find it extremely comfortable.

Only difference is now I can discard my lvl 30 pvp lancer, get one to 58 and bypass a lot of the content I've already done many times.

Ultimately I'm interested in being on the pvp server (which I should have rolled exclusively on at launch but "oh well") and take advantage of their upcoming faction warfare.

• AI724AI724 Member UncommonPosts: 249
    Originally posted by Vinterkrig
    Free high level, consider it downloaded.... time to try the pvp server.

I'm in man! I like this game but just too busy with GW2 atm. Will create and experience lvl 58 oh ya!

• kabitoshinkabitoshin Member UncommonPosts: 854
    This game was fun for the first 30 levels, there's not much of a journey if it's boring ass quest text and killing mobs. The dungeons like wonderholme look very interesting, and could be fun if you do them very seldomly.
  • NevulusNevulus Member UncommonPosts: 1,288
    Originally posted by rojo6934

Thats their way of fixing theboring leveling in the game..... giving away maxed level and fully geared characters Instead of actually improving the quality of the game and the leveling progression.

Why not? It worked for World of Warcraft, which fared a lot better than their attempt to reboot the old world & leveling progression.

• Sho0terMcgavinSho0terMcgavin Member UncommonPosts: 301

This game will never get better with lazy people behind it. Sorry but that is true. Taking the easy way out is not good for mmos. THat applies to every mmo, not only this one, so its nothing personal.

Um, the cap in Tera is 60.  Being "decked out" in level 58 epics is unfair advantage.  You know, like White or Green gear at 60.

• DracondisDracondis Member UncommonPosts: 177
    PLEASE, COME PLAY OUR GAME!  OMG, WHY ISN'T ANYONE PLAYING OUR GAME?!
  • DraythDrayth Member UncommonPosts: 10

All I can say is, it's an interesting move on their part. I'm not sure if it's a buzz-generating move(which is working, apparently) or a calculated risk.

On the one hand, for folks like me who HAVE played the game but get sick of the grind and forced-grouping requirements to level, this gives us a chance to see what late-game is like. And yes, I've already created my "freebie" character, and saw hundreds of other .Levelup names in the newbie zone's first few areas too. I've had the game installed for ages but hardly played it, partly because I got to like 30 in the Beta and redoing the zones later was meh...I spoiled myself, basically.

On the other hand, the sheer amount of high-level retards who have no idea how to play their class at that level is going to be insane. It shows they're sorta listening to the non-constant players' complaints, though. The grind sucks, and on top of the "Action" combat being pretty slow, especially compared to Vindictus, C9, and Dragon's Nest, and that on top of some moves "locking" you into an animation far too long making it harder than it should be to dodge, that drives folks off a bit more.

Frankly, it'll be at least interesting to see how this plays out and if it brings their stable player numbers up or not. They really don't have anything to lose so it's an interesting shot in the dark to throw out Free lv58s for a limited time. These folks will still have to get the last 2 lvls at least and hopefully that's enough for them to learn their char and in some folks' cases, the game as a whole.

Just keep in mind this offer is only valid to accounts that existed before the offer began; there won't be a bunch of brand new players that hadn't at least -tried- the game before getting free lv58s.

• Alka_SetzerAlka_Setzer Member UncommonPosts: 167

Several other MMOs have done the same and similar things. Imo this is more geared towards current/older players who have gotten to 60 and maybe just don't feel like taking the time to level up another character again. I sure don't feel like it. It's really not as crazy as it seems, it's just one character, on one server, that's level 58 with average gear. I don't know if this is going to work how they intend, personally I think people might still be undergeared with whatever stuff they're giving you which could detract from the experience. Maybe unlikely since I'm sure they've tested it out (would hope so) to ensure it's playable but even so, you will not get any crystals or glyphs or money which will be a problem for new players.

The other thing is that a friend of mine plays on the PvP server, I have a few characters there but not maxed. I never felt like leveling up another character there solo so this gives me the perfect opportunity to just jump in, put in a little time and I'm ready to go do end game stuff with them. It's basically a free server transfer without the items I've accumulated on the PvE server, which is fine by me.

Anyone who hasn't played TERA, you may as well create an account just for the free character. You have until September 22 11:59pm PST to create a character with the format name.Levelup to get the level 58. September 23 is when that character will be bumped up to 58. I suggest at least playing with that character until then so you can get accustomed with the game, how things work, get a feel for the skills and all that stuff. At least make it through the intro island otherwise you're probably going to be extremely lost.

Originally posted by Sovrath

For me I will just make level up another lancer which is my main. I've pvp'ed on one at high and low levels and I find it extremely comfortable.

Just found an another reason, and it seems an interesting one. I've told the news for a few who played Tera (but not currently), and all of them were excited. Since here in Eu it seems the noob company is unable to forge the game ( :) ) in the right way, those fellows think it's a good opportunity to jump over under the (en) Masse - yep, the ping will be higher, but at least they don't need to level up again.

Dunno how widespread this view is among the whole playerbase (I left Tera long time ago and to be honest I don't have much desire to go back :) ), but there's a chance this move will cause a minor player influx from Eu to your servers.

• t3hWheezt3hWheez Member UncommonPosts: 8
    This is great for people that hate dull and less than satisfying leveling but love the end game. I am installing right now.
  • WelshyJTWelshyJT Member UncommonPosts: 28

doesnt work for me.

Guess its US only?

• DraythDrayth Member UncommonPosts: 10

Re: Welshy

A) Won't work for new accounts made after wednesday

B) Have to spell the name right, Name.Levelup; anything even slightly diff will not work because it's a Script doing the work

C) The script will not be run until Monday, so your chars will not be 58 until then.

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

While I'm not a big fan of getting a max-level toon without working for it,  you're way off base if you consider En Masse a lazy company.  They are anything BUT lazy.  I only wish they had some say in the actual development of this game before launch.  I can guarantee the leveling experience wouldn't have been nearly as painful.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Best FTP game on the market. I will be making my toon for sure.
    Originally posted by RebelScum99

While I'm not a big fan of getting a max-level toon without working for it,  you're way off base if you consider En Masse a lazy company.  They are anything BUT lazy.  I only wish they had some say in the actual development of this game before launch.  I can guarantee the leveling experience wouldn't have been nearly as painful.

En Masse is my favorite mmo company. They stay in touch with the players having in game events and contest. TERA has gotten 3 major updates in the last 3 months. That's what I want to see in my mmo.

• bizoux86bizoux86 Member UncommonPosts: 85
    I am gonna give it a try, installing now! I already have some toons in Tera but it got boring without access the BG's - now I can try the pvp and see if I like it!
    Originally posted by bizoux86
    I am gonna give it a try, installing now! I already have some toons in Tera but it got boring without access the BG's - now I can try the pvp and see if I like it!

I think you can start doing Corsair Stronghold around level 30. Game has changed a lot since it released.