Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fallout New Vegas question

CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116
Hey gang, anyone play through this game ,I'm having a little trouble . I'm questing around the area where you pickup Boone as a companion, Nipton ?  and now every so often the legion sends assasins after me and this is getting out of hand, they even kill any npcs that are around . I can take them on but it just drains my ammo and stimpacks after each encounter. Any suggestions ?  thanks  =)

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Well, one way is to start killing the NCR. Of course, then the NCR will start hunting you.

Another way is to get your stealth up then when they come around crouch down. The AI will get confused and might just stand there or run off or ...

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    Boone is in Novac. Your reputation with the legion has fallen too low. You might have killed them in Nipton near the town hall or slaughtered too many random patrols or done a quest they don't like. Could be any number of things but the bottom line is that the  only way to get the hit squads to stop hunting you is to make it to New Vegas (Strip)  and speak to their agent there. You'll need a few thousand caps or a high science skill to get through the gate. Reputation will reset with each hostile faction giving you a chance to decide what you want to do with the end game story quests.
  • CabalocCabaloc Member Posts: 116

Thanks for the quick replies   =)

I know where it all changed for me, there was some NCR hostages in a legion camp and I freed them but man these assassin groups are no joke, I'm a heavy energy build with boone and ed-e at my side and wow we get worked. I may just start over, I thought the ncr quests were just bonus xp but I may try a different route this time, the energy weapons hit like wet noodles. 

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

You could try wearing Legion armor, i think it masks your reputation.

Also you can hand in NCR dog tags to gain reputation with them, bear in mind though that i'm pretty sure Boone wont like it.

• SkogSonSkogSon Member Posts: 59

Just keep at it I would say, it doesent take long for you to level up to the point where you can just kick the living hell out of anything.

Free to live, Free to play!

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Ahh I love this game. Picked it up on steam sale for 3 bucks
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    Ahh I love this game. Picked it up on steam sale for 3 bucks

You actualy managed to not play it for so long that it cost 3 bucks.. Booo! :P

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Cabaloc
    Thanks for the quick replies   =)I know where it all changed for me, there was some NCR hostages in a legion camp and I freed them but man these assassin groups are no joke, I'm a heavy energy build with boone and ed-e at my side and wow we get worked. I may just start over, I thought the ncr quests were just bonus xp but I may try a different route this time, the energy weapons hit like wet noodles.   

Small arms has given me the most bang for the buck in FO3 and FO:NV. In New Vegas it's the "Guns" skill. I don't think the energy weapons really get good until you get into the plasma weapons or like the laser gatling gun thing.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Originally posted by lizardbones

Originally posted by Cabaloc
    Thanks for the quick replies   =)

I know where it all changed for me, there was some NCR hostages in a legion camp and I freed them but man these assassin groups are no joke, I'm a heavy energy build with boone and ed-e at my side and wow we get worked. I may just start over, I thought the ncr quests were just bonus xp but I may try a different route this time, the energy weapons hit like wet noodles. 

Small arms has given me the most bang for the buck in FO3 and FO:NV. In New Vegas it's the "Guns" skill. I don't think the energy weapons really get good until you get into the plasma weapons or like the laser gatling gun thing.

+1 on this. As a secondary (and for the great fun) Heawy weapons! And watch those fools trying to get at you fly like leafs in the wind ;)