Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

There Should Be A Petition For A True Open World Experience And Non-Restricted Open World PVP

I don't know what is wrong with these mindless developers, they are real idiots. The fact that you cannot see the enemy faction when you enter their territory makes no damn sense at all, things like this are virtually unheard of in all MMO's. Also the fact that all PVP is restricted to Cryrodil and your gear automatically scales in Cyrodil so everything is balanced, that part is fine but I want true open world pvp with no gear changes. Why the hell can't we have a game that allows all factions to play with each other? Since they are using shards, the PVE places would simply have a flagging system for pvp outside of Cyrodiil and a PVP Shard will have unrestricted pvp. I am really disapointed with this game, I was really looking foward to a first person MMORPG that doesn't have garbage gameplay (Darkfall unholy wars but still, I never played that). I really liked the gameplay in Skyrim and an Elder scrolls mmo with gameplay like that would be amazing but with all these stupid restrictions, this MMO will feel BORING.

I wanna see the enemy faction in their zones and I don't want all pvp restricted to Cyrodiil. Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like Black Desert Online and EQ Next being made, sadly, these fantasy MMO's will probably not have a first person view that you can actually play in and see your sword/shield/staff.

Comments

• jerlot65jerlot65 Member UncommonPosts: 788
    I guess we could reverse the arguement and say we dont know whats wrong with these mindless "anything goes" pvper's......

• RophezRophez Member Posts: 46
    Nah, I'm good with the current plan.  DAOC was awesome, and it had the same setup.  They aren't going to change now, and there's only one server, so you might as well get on board or look for that next niche game that caters to PVP FFA.
  • doragon86doragon86 Member UncommonPosts: 589
    If it's not your cup of tea then move on. You're part of the minority in regards to open world PvP. 

"For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
    And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed:
    And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
    And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still!"
    ~Lord George Gordon Byron

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    OWPvP means that only a few grievers and psychos would play this game. OP, stop calling people idiots because your choice of words is inappropriate for an intelligent person. Oh, I'm sure that EQN won't be OWPvP either.
  • EncephalitisEncephalitis Member UncommonPosts: 78
    "true open world pvp" is a request that often kills games within a few months of their release dates.
  • WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    The thing is, these games are a business. If open world PVP /unrestricted PVP had enough people who wanted to play to make it economically viable, then the developers and game publishers would be bending over backwards to make it happen.  I don't see it happening in the near future. In fact just look at Warhammer.
  • xmojo1xmojo1 Member UncommonPosts: 57

Why would the company restrict their potential customer revenue to a small section of the gaming population? There are already MMOs out there that are fully PvP, go and get your fun in those.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Macrinus101

at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like

Well, there you go. Off you go to play one of them. Paradise awaits!

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Thats just the way this game is made, I dont like it either, probably won't play it unless something drastic happens, just looks like GW2 reskinned to me. But if they are happy with a 200k player base they are free to do whatever they want. 
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Good luck with that. I am sure they will just jump at the chance to change the whole game they have spent so much time and, more importantly, money on. Petitions work for governmental decisions, NOT business ones. Face it, you have no say in how ZOS conducts their own productions.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• asrlohzasrlohz Member Posts: 645
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Good luck with that. I am sure they will just jump at the chance to change the whole game they have spent so much time and, more importantly, money on. Petitions work for governmental decisions, NOT business ones. Face it, you have no say in how ZOS conducts their own productions.

Actually, there were many petitions (I was in charge of one of my own) to let us explore other factions areas. Whilst most of us wanted it to be a seamless, dangerous experience to enter enemy territory that did not happen but ZOS did meet us halfway. They came out and said "Many of you want to be able to experience the whole game with a single character without getting locked in the faction you choose" so they opened up all factions storylines and areas for anyone when they reach level 50.

Personally I think that is great, even if there are major plotholes there. Regardless, it will basically function like a rebirth mechanic. And in the end, I really hate making alts, and I can settle for having all my open world PvP in Cyrodiil. They made a reasonable change without sacrificing their original vision on how they wanted the PvP to work.

Petitions do work. In governmental decisions people's happiness is the currency. In business, money is.

That said, I don't think we need another petition for this. At this point, as you said, it is way too late to change that. Maybe in the future they'll add Open World PvP in regular areas or in one of the future expansions. But until then we should leave it be.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Macrinus101   Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like Black Desert Online and EQ Next being made.
    • Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like Xsyon being made.
    • Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like Perpetuum being made.
    • Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like Darkfall being made.
    • Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like Mortal Online being made.
    • Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like Age of Wushu being made.
    • Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like Archeage being made.
    • Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like Black Desert being made.
    • Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like EQ Next being made.

Let us know when you spot the pattern.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

Checking my mirrorball : Elder Scrolls VI  (made by Bethesda)

features:

• Multi-player
    • co-op
    • open world
    Who cares about Zenimax then ? their game might hurt this IP a little but its not end of the world.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

I wanna see the enemy faction in their zones and I don't want all pvp restricted to Cyrodiil. Screw this game, at least there are true unrestricted open world sandbox type MMO's like Black Desert Online and EQ Next being made, sadly, these fantasy MMO's will probably not have a first person view that you can actually play in and see your sword/shield/staff.

LOL @ EQNext being OWPVP.  Prepare to be disappointed.

• PeenenvyPeenenvy Member Posts: 13

OP your urge to PVP in Open World... I get it. The thing they can do to assist which I want most and support as well.

Make a Open World PVP Server for that crowd of people who enjoy it. I play Asherons Call Darktide and played DAOC Mordred.

I miss that style of game play also. So why not petition for open world PVP server?

Be glad to sign or help.

• DrakephireDrakephire Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Originally posted by Sleepyfish
    Thats just the way this game is made, I dont like it either, probably won't play it unless something drastic happens, just looks like GW2 reskinned to me. But if they are happy with a 200k player base they are free to do whatever they want. 

Well at least that's more populated than the 10k players they'd have if it were OWPvP.

• Swedish_ChefSwedish_Chef Member Posts: 213

Oh yes, unrestricted open world PvP. That'll get them about as many subscribers as Darkfall and Mortal Online!

Wait...

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Swedish_Chef

Oh yes, unrestricted open world PvP. That'll get them about as many subscribers as Darkfall and Mortal Online!

Wait...

or WoW ?

Dont forget you can world PvP in every server type in WoW.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• SleepyfishSleepyfish Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Drakephire
    Originally posted by Sleepyfish

Well at least that's more populated than the 10k players they'd have if it were OWPvP.

Even Worse it could have WOW, Lineage or EVE numbers.

The game model they are following will never match the population potential of OW

Were not talking about full loot Darkfall style, but the winning model is open world factions not closed, restricted RVR.

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476

I don't know what is wrong with these mindless developers, they are real idiots. The fact that you cannot see the enemy faction when you enter their territory makes no damn sense at all, things like this are virtually unheard of in all MMO's. Also the fact that all PVP is restricted to Cryrodil and your gear automatically scales in Cyrodil so everything is balanced, that part is fine but I want true open world pvp with no gear changes. Why the hell can't we have a game that allows all factions to play with each other? Since they are using shards, the PVE places would simply have a flagging system for pvp outside of Cyrodiil and a PVP Shard will have unrestricted pvp. I am really disapointed with this game, I was really looking foward to a first person MMORPG that doesn't have garbage gameplay (Darkfall unholy wars but still, I never played that). I really liked the gameplay in Skyrim and an Elder scrolls mmo with gameplay like that would be amazing but with all these stupid restrictions, this MMO will feel BORING.

we havent even seen the finish product not sure how anyone can know until it is out.

• IkifalesIkifales Member UncommonPosts: 305
    There's nothing wrong with opwpvp (WoW ruleset) It's FFA PvP (AoC B&G ruleset) that can be rough for some. opwpvp is almost carebear in comparison....would have been easy for a mainstream IP like ESO.
  • IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    Go to Cyrodiil and stay in Cyrodiil. You will have open world PvP all the time there. For your ganking-low-level-player needs there is always WoW and many others.

gameplay > graphics

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    There should be, but it's far too late.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Video game development isn't an election. They make the game, you choose whether or not to buy it - that's when you vote. Petition all you want, they're going to make what they're going to make and succeed or fail based on that.
  • HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by jerlot65
    I guess we could reverse the arguement and say we dont know whats wrong with these mindless "anything goes" pvper's......

LOL You nailed it. Not that I'M going to play this game anyways but the op is the type of player that i'll never understand. A game like he wants would be a joke. Talk about going f2p quickly because of a lack of a playerbase. I think they think there's alot of them because they all post on game boards the same thing.

This discussion has been closed.