Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Timing of Archeage NA its worst enemy?

Comments

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915
    Originally posted by Teala

Cars and bikinis...

Vroom! Vroom! Honk! Honk!

• bound4hadesbound4hades Member UncommonPosts: 83
    Originally posted by Roxtarr
    I wouldn't say "Timing" is the worst enemy, but I would say that "Time" has been. When I first saw Archeage it blew me away. This was years ago. It's just not impressive anymore since other games have caught up and in some ways passed them. They haven't really been able to pull off all of the insane ideas that Jake Song and the crew were musing about and it's looking more and more generic as each month passes without concrete release information. It's simply 2-3 years too late.

Other games have caught up how? Please fill me in on how and what? I currently play AA and I can't think of anything any current  mmo is doing better that it wasn't before.

The gfx are some of the best of any mmo or any top video games on the market. It hasn't been surpassed or even been caught up to.

The quests are like all other games, so not here.

Crafting is not how it was at first beta, but really nothing that any other game has caught up to.

Are you just butt hurt that it took a few years?

• vidiotkingvidiotking Member Posts: 587

I am 'butt hurt'. I want to play this game... 

Right now I'm playing FF XIV, it's ok, but(t) it's not what I'm looking for really.

How are you playing it? 

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    It needs to drop now, next week. Not this winter (EQN:L). Not in the spring (ESO).
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Hokie

Historically "Eastern" MMOs havent done that well in the "Western" market.

So yes waiting is about as stupid is as stupid does.

If historically Eastern games have not done well then what does it matter?

It will come out when it comes out and then those who are usually interested in Eastern mmo's will buy the game.

Essentially "those who want the game will buy it" regardless of release.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • cnutempcnutemp Member UncommonPosts: 230
    Originally posted by Teala

Cars and bikinis are ArcheAges worst enemy in the NA market.

says who?  Could care less about either, I want my sandbox / player built castles.

• Stone_FountainStone_Fountain Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Well, I'm not much into GTA titles (snicker) but they are popular. AA looks promising but I am just not a fan of the art styles. That said if it is released and the post release reviews are very positive I might have to ignore my minor pet peeves and give it a try anyway. (I do not remember if it will be sub or not) Sub games have an audience just like F2P games do but many F2P players do not have parental permission to pay a sub. The game might be pretty good to but I am all about people playing the games that they love for as long as they can. As someone said, a good game is a good game regardless of when it is released but price tags now are not cheap. $60 followed by another $60 will make a difference for some people when 2 great games are released at the same time. Before or after is the way to go. Personally, EQN, ESO, AA, all these games are front runners for the masses. EQN for consolers, and AA/ESO for the PCers respectfully though FFARR has a great following already and for the non 40hour a week gaming crowd, they have alot of months left for more content to surface. 

First PC Game: Pool of Radiance July 10th, 1990. First MMO: Everquest April 23, 1999

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303
    This game takes far to long to come to west i looked up when i registered at arche age source and it was in 09 so ffs this game needs over 5 years to show up here. I´m gonna be honest i was really hyped for this game in 10-11 but i lost kinda my interest atm.
    Originally posted by Otomox
    This game takes far to long to come to west i looked up when i registered at arche age source and it was in 09 so ffs this game needs over 5 years to show up here. I´m gonna be honest i was really hyped for this game in 10-11 but i lost kinda my interest atm.

I can understand getting tired waiting on a game to come out, but you have to face the facts. Games like this require mass amounts of money, development and then has to be translated into many languages. You have to expect this from a title thats not even being marketed as the initial audience for release. I don't blame them, they are not EA, they don't have that kind of cash flow to do all this simultaneously.

Look, just be patient and for other games that come out in the future, expect the same thing, then maybe you won't be so disappointed.

Originally posted by vidiotking

I am 'butt hurt'. I want to play this game... 

Right now I'm playing FF XIV, it's ok, but(t) it's not what I'm looking for really.

How are you playing it? 

I'm not sure how much info I can give, all I will say is it's not in english and if you check the "source" of the game you will find your answer.

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

People forget that translations take a load of time.

While we’re on this topic, I think it’s important that I point out where the most significant change and work is going to take place: The Text.

We’re talking over 1,000,000 words AND climbing!

-ArcheAge devs

http://archeagesource.com/topic/1996-over-1000000-words-or-%E2%80%9Cwhy-this-might-take-a-while%E2%80%9D/

How many words can a translator scribe accurately in one day, 1000 maybe? 2000?

That post was back in May and Trion did say to expect beta in the coming few months .. so ... soon, I hope .... soon...

Few is considered 3.  They are overdue definitely by their own post  .. but the announcement will be grand I'm sure whenever it comes out.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530
    Last I heard Archeage wasn't doing too well in the east. It didn't even hit the top 5 most played games during it's release. A shame I suppose.
  • HanthosHanthos Member UncommonPosts: 242
    Not doing well in Korea may actually be a good thing. Things that go over well in NA tend not to do well in Asia and vice versa. That being said, the biggest issue with ArcheAge right now is Trion Worlds hiding it so deep in the basement and refusing to even acknowledge it that is driving people away from it. Yes, it takes time. There is no communication from Trion about anything and those that were devoted to it are just sick of waiting and are slowly moving on. Much of this could be avoided by Trion, but I don't see them changing their philosophy until it's too late and they have another half-hearted mmo in their portfolio and wonder where it all went wrong.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by VastoHorde
    Originally posted by ROFLcopter13
    Originally posted by velmax
    Timing has nothing to do with this, as long as its a good game, it will be successful. 

Actually it does. If you started playing EQN and 2 months later THIS game is released, id be hard pressed to think that you wouldnt want to abandon EQN if you are happy and enjoy playing it for ArcheAge when it comes out. So yes, timing means a lot.

I don't think so. With free to play games timing does not really matter. If Everquest 2 released today and ArcheAge released tomorrow people will try both games and play both if they like them. You don't have to abandon anything.  You only have to make a choice when it comes to sub based games.

I have to disagree. Time is the issue, not money. I don't really have enough time to dedicate to 2 mmo's. I usually like to imerse myself, and w/ 2 games going on, it's hard. Between work, home ownership, and an 8 year old daughter, only 1 mmo at a time is usually a lot.

Disagree again, that's the advantage of free to play. You can play when ever you can. Does not matter if its once a week or once a month. There is no way a person is not going to play a free to play game if they enjoy playing it.

Timing has nothing to do with this, as long as its a good game, it will be successful. 

Actually it does. If you started playing EQN and 2 months later THIS game is released, id be hard pressed to think that you wouldnt want to abandon EQN if you are happy and enjoy playing it for ArcheAge when it comes out. So yes, timing means a lot.

I don't think so. With free to play games timing does not really matter. If Everquest 2 released today and ArcheAge released tomorrow people will try both games and play both if they like them. You don't have to abandon anything.  You only have to make a choice when it comes to sub based games.

I have to disagree. Time is the issue, not money. I don't really have enough time to dedicate to 2 mmo's. I usually like to imerse myself, and w/ 2 games going on, it's hard. Between work, home ownership, and an 8 year old daughter, only 1 mmo at a time is usually a lot.

Disagree again, that's the advantage of free to play. You can play when ever you can. Does not matter if its once a week or once a month. There is no way a person is not going to play a free to play game if they enjoy playing it.

I think you missed the scope.  The person only enjoys 1 MMORPG at a time.

Immersion is very sensitive when it comes to gaming.  If someone has enough time to play 1 game successfully, why would they want to split their time in half to play 2 games, with substandard appreciation for either?

Originally posted by Hanthos
    Not doing well in Korea may actually be a good thing. Things that go over well in NA tend not to do well in Asia and vice versa. That being said, the biggest issue with ArcheAge right now is Trion Worlds hiding it so deep in the basement and refusing to even acknowledge it that is driving people away from it. Yes, it takes time. There is no communication from Trion about anything and those that were devoted to it are just sick of waiting and are slowly moving on. Much of this could be avoided by Trion, but I don't see them changing their philosophy until it's too late and they have another half-hearted mmo in their portfolio and wonder where it all went wrong.

I disagree and I will tell you why. Yes they have been quiet, but it may be because of lack of things to say that we have heard before. They may not want to sound like a broken record and invite trolls to give them shit about the speed at which they are doing things. Plus if a fan of the game can't wait, they probably weren't going to stay in game for long anyway. With gamers as they are, I'm sure many will forgive them when the time comes to play. They will put their anger aside and pick it up to play. gamers have a short memory, EA proves that.

Originally posted by Karteli

Immersion is very sensitive when it comes to gaming.  If someone has enough time to play 1 game successfully, why would they want to split their time in half to play 2 games, with substandard appreciation for either?

Why would someone insist they do so?

You are missing the scope.  We are talking about ArcheAGe on a mass scale. Do you actually think if this game launches and its actually a good game that people are not going to play it? ArcheAGe is right now sitting at #4 on this sites list and we have not gotten any info from Trion in months. Just wait till Trion starts promoting this game wtih info and gives us dates on beta and a release date.

There is not a person on this site that's not going to try ArcheAge that's been looking forward to it. I can understand people saying the cars and swim suits have turned them off but timing will never be an issue with a free to play game. Golden Rule of games. If the game is good then people will play it. That will never change.

You are missing the scope.  We are talking about ArcheAGe on a mass scale. Do you actually think if this game launches and its actually a good game that people are not going to play it? ArcheAGe is right now sitting at #4 on this sites list and we have not gotten any info from Trion in months. Just wait till Trion starts promoting this game wtih info and gives us dates on beta and a release date.

There is not a person on this site that's not going to try ArcheAge that's been looking forward to it. I can understand people saying the cars and swim suits have turned them off but timing will never be an issue with a free to play game. Golden Rule of games. If the game is good then people will play it. That will never change.

lol.

Your preaching to the choir.  My comments were on the larger view of playing MMORPG's, not aggravating other ArcheAge fans.  1 MMORPG at a time is rather reasonable, no matter the game.

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395

People forget that translations take a load of time.

While we’re on this topic, I think it’s important that I point out where the most significant change and work is going to take place: The Text.

We’re talking over 1,000,000 words AND climbing!

-ArcheAge devs

http://archeagesource.com/topic/1996-over-1000000-words-or-%E2%80%9Cwhy-this-might-take-a-while%E2%80%9D/

How many words can a translator scribe accurately in one day, 1000 maybe? 2000?

That post was back in May and Trion did say to expect beta in the coming few months .. so ... soon, I hope .... soon...

Few is considered 3.  They are overdue definitely by their own post  .. but the announcement will be grand I'm sure whenever it comes out.

Few is considered more than 2. Not exactly 3. C'mon...

• RelytDnegelRelytDnegel Member UncommonPosts: 261
    I believe I started following this game about 2 years ago and I was super hyped for it, getting all the latest info I could daily. Can't keep that up for 2 years though and I'm more in the mindset now that it will come when it comes. I am still looking forward to it though and believe it will be an enjoyable game.

lol.

Your preaching to the choir.  My comments were on the larger view of playing MMORPG's, not aggravating other ArcheAge fans.  1 MMORPG at a time is rather reasonable, no matter the game.

Don't assume everybody thinks the way you do. That's why I said we are talking about ArcheAge on a mass scale. That's also why I pointed out that the game is #4 on this sites list to show that the intrest in this game is still very high. If you don't have time to play the game then that's too bad for you.

lol.

Don't assume everybody thinks the way you do. That's why I said we are talking about ArcheAge on a mass scale. That's also why I pointed out that the game is #4 on this sites list to show that the intrest in this game is still very high. If you don't have time to play the game then that's too bad for you.

As the OP said, they only have time for 1 game.  Let them enjoy the 1 game they like for awhile, then try another .. perhaps it will be ArcheAge that time.

lol.

As the OP said, they only have time for 1 game.  Let them enjoy the 1 game they like for awhile, then try another .. perhaps it will be ArcheAge that time.

Did you even read the op post? He is asking does ArcheAge have a chance going up against heavy hitters like Final Fantasy and WildStar.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Trion is in a pretty terrible state right now which is why I think it's taking so long. XLGames made the choice of Trion to be the NA publisher before shit hit the fan and Trion started slipping down a slippery slope into mismanagement hell. I don't really have a great feeling for the future of Trion or for ArcheAge. Not when Trion can't even fix problems that Defiance has had since it first launched. For goodness sakes, they had a patch to fix the UI and chat in Defiance and the patch actually managed to make it worse (something I didn't even think was possible)!

So yeah, I'm not really holding my breath when it comes to ArcheAge being released anytime soon (if ever with the way Trion is going lately they may go under before ArcheAge has a chance to be released in the NA).

Smile

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

Originally posted by Koroshiya
    Hi All,Someone on Archeage Source posted a tweet from one of the Trion guys stating that NA wouldn't even see the game in a beta stage before the end of Summer at earliest.  Do you think the continued waiting for a Western Release of Archeage, coupled with the fact that there are multiple triple A titles slated for release at the end of year is going to hurt the chances for this title to really ever get the support it needs from the player base to survive?For me, its one of the only theme parks that I can actually sit down and enjoy so unless EQN comes out from left field as the Sandbox Saviour, it won't matter for me what releases cause I am loving AA right now and I am not even playing NA version.  But theme park lovers have a plethora of other games to choose from if expected release dates are correct, like FF XiV Reborn, Wildstar etc.  Do you think this will affect the overall success for NA release of Archeage or the continued player base needed to make a game like Archeage work when going against other huge power houses in the western market?? Also, I know this place is troll central on the web, when you talk about this site on any other site it gets laughed at for being the armpit of the internet, but can we please understand this question isn't a troll question but one I was just curious what some of the other gamers here think.  More importantly what some of the hard core themepark players who have so many options coming down the pipe.

The first sentence of your last paragraph was completely unnecessary and unfounded to say the least.

I do agree with you about timing, to a certain degree. I think initially it will take a hit but as games do, once the initial hype dies down and your 'core' player base remains, the rest look to other titles to occupy there time. So, I believe that if A releases near EQN it may not take off as fast as the Devs would enjoy, but I don't think that would out right kill it.

What I do think will kill it is dumbing down. We (the MMO players) have a significant amount of games releasing soon and in the not too distant future that are challenging and somewhat fresh. The theme for the last year or so has been: get away from hand holding and spoon feeding, make me work for it. Dumbing AA down will kill it for western audiences, imo.

Trion remaining silent on their time line is not helping matter at all either.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.