Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An apolagy..

GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
I made a rude comment towards MikeB and the rest of the mmorpg.com staff and it was out of line..  It was about SWTOR.. It was kind of a joke about the super secret space program.  I'm well aware that MikeB and everyone else doesnt get paid extra for good reviews and that advertising is a seperate part of the site. I'm sure it gets very frustrating for them with all the accusations.  I've just been drinking for the first time in months because of the "When it rains, it pours" effect..  Anywho, I've been a big fan of this site ever since it launched and I've been a big fan of MMOs since the launch of EQ in the 90s..  Thank you very much for lifting my ban Mike.  You guys kick a$$..  And despite my comments I'm currently playing a Juggernaut  /grin..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

Comments

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

You should also Apologize for your spelling of Apology!!!!

This post is brought to you by the Spelling Police.Never Drink and alliterate!!!

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    Originally posted by Drakynn

This post is brought to you by the Spelling Police.Never Drink and alliterate!!!

Laugh out loud.. Thanks hehe.. I still have a damn 40 in my hand..

That's my excuse ;)  And dang it.. I scored a 100% on my English assessment test.. Grrrr

edit: And while I'm at it.. Bill.. I haven't pooped myself yet!!!

edit edit: I'm actually a big fan of Spelling Police.  I want English to survive the internet!

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403

If your going to troll at least use the proper words.

al·lit·er·ate   

(of a phrase or line of verse) contain words that begin with the same sound or letter.

il·lit·er·ate

unable to read or write.

Its clear which one you fall under.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by zevian
    Originally posted by Drakynn You should also Apologize for your spelling of Apology!!!! This post is brought to you by the Spelling Police.Never Drink and alliterate!!!

al·lit·er·ate   

(of a phrase or line of verse) contain words that begin with the same sound or letter.

il·lit·er·ate

unable to read or write.

apparently, grammar police trumps spelling police :/
  • zevianzevian Member UncommonPosts: 403
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Originally posted by Drakynn You should also Apologize for your spelling of Apology!!!! This post is brought to you by the Spelling Police.Never Drink and alliterate!!!

al·lit·er·ate   

il·lit·er·ate

unable to read or write.

I wouldnt of cared what he said but when your attacking someone for something at least be doing it right yourself.

• yunaislove12yunaislove12 Member Posts: 6
    Another case of the pot calling the kettle black...
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

al·lit·er·ate   

il·lit·er·ate

unable to read or write.

I wouldnt of cared what he said but when your attacking someone for something at least be doing it right yourself.

1) the whole post was a joke as the OP clearly realized and other people like yourself didn't.

2) The use of alliterate was also a joke in an obvious play on Don't Drink and Drive and not an example of or the use of alliteration as alliterating while drunk would indeed be difficult.

3) There is no 3 but I don't like an even number of points.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Originally posted by GwapoJosh

That's my excuse ;)  And dang it.. I scored a 100% on my English assessment test.. Grrrr

edit edit: I'm actually a big fan of Spelling Police.  I want English to survive the internet!

Survive the internet?  It didn't even survive Americans :)   

• g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Originally posted by eric1000

I assume you pronounce aluminum "aluminium".  Thats the brits for ya. Someone discovers an element, names it aluminum, and they think they can simply rename it...

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Originally posted by g0m0rrah

I assume you pronounce aluminum "aluminium".  Thats the brits for ya. Someone discovers an element, names it aluminum, and they think they can simply rename it...

Actually the first spelling of the metal base was Alumium.  The first instance of the metal we know today was produced in 1827 by Friedrich Wohler and he named it Aluminium so who went and changed it?  That's right, the Americans.  Although my post was more to do with the American phobia of the letter U 

• g0m0rrahg0m0rrah Member UncommonPosts: 325
    Originally posted by g0m0rrah

Actually the first spelling of the metal base was Alumium.  The first instance of the metal we know today was produced in 1827 by Friedrich Wohler and he named it Aluminium so who went and changed it?  That's right, the Americans.  Although my post was more to do with the American phobia of the letter U 

No it was named by the greeks as alumine.  Then a guy isolated it and called it aluminum. Then the british thought it should rhyme and called it aluminium...

"a British political-literary journal, in a review of Davy's book, objected to aluminum and proposed the name aluminium"

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

If your (you're) going to troll at least use the proper words.

al·lit·er·ate   

il·lit·er·ate

unable to read or write.

Its (It's) clear which one you fall under.

I wouldnt (wouldn't) of (have) cared what he said but when your (you're) attacking someone for something at least be doing it right yourself.

The original poster was intoxicated. What is your excuse?

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

First: thanks for the public apology. Definitely wasn't necessary, but appreciate it nonetheless!

Second: What the hell is going on in this thread? :P Have you guys been drinking whatever he was drinking?

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    Originally posted by MikeB

First: thanks for the public apology. Definitely wasn't necessary, but appreciate it nonetheless!

Second: What the hell is going on in this thread? :P Have you guys been drinking whatever he was drinking?

Welcome to Off Topic. It's where we stay off topic of the topic.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams