Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why being a tank is most fun in this game

GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893

First reason is that dungeon ques are instant.  Never had to wait ever .

2ndly because Dungeon Finder is random you sometimes get grouped with baddies , you know the dps that don't realise that the #1 above the bees head means kill it first and when tank gets 1 shot from final sting because the dps was killing something else you can leave the dungeon and reque within 15 minutes .

I have found within the first couple of trash pulls you can spot the baddies and save hours of time wasted failures.  Of course the only way for me to get good dps would be to be dps but it takes hours to que as dps and then you risk getting fail tank so its just better to be a tank or healer .  

Any other people think tank is most fun in this game ?

Comments

• Entropy14Entropy14 Member UncommonPosts: 675

A pretty poor argument, short cues does not make a certain class the most fun in a game..

Also seems  a little weird to say that the only way to get good DPS is for you to get good dps, like you are the only good player in the whole game.

• essaidiessaidi Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Originally posted by Grailer

2ndly because Dungeon Finder is random you sometimes get grouped with baddies , you know the dps that don't realise that the #1 above the bees head means kill it first and when tank gets 1 shot from final sting because the dps was killing something else you can leave the dungeon and reque within 15 minutes .

I have found within the first couple of trash pulls you can spot the baddies and save hours of time wasted failures.  Of course the only way for me to get good dps would be to be dps but it takes hours to que as dps and then you risk getting fail tank so its just better to be a tank or healer .  

Don't really seem like you think its the most fun class to play, sounds more like you think its the most convenient..

• essaidiessaidi Member UncommonPosts: 29

Also seems  a little weird to say that the only way to get good DPS is for you to get good dps, like you are the only good player in the whole game.

Exactly my thought too...

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    I play a paladin and a bard . I can say right away that my bard is by far the most fun to play with. Paladin is fun to play in the dungeon but a bit of a drag outside the group. The bard is great fun in all areas despite the drawbacks of being a dps.
  • GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    Originally posted by essaidi

Exactly my thought too...

I mean the only way to be 50% sure the dps would be good  ( there are 2 dps so the other dps could be a baddie )

is for me to play dps since I know Im good. And I know im not the only good player in the whole game but having levelled up just playing in dungeons 90% of the time ( I don't do fates because that's is too boring ) I've seen a trend that most players are bad.

• reploidxreploidx Member UncommonPosts: 320
    It's fun because you are in the front and calling the shots and making sure everyone is ok. I do understand what OP is saying. I fell in a few ques with players who just couldn't play their class (DPS who think they are tanks, tanks who think they are DPS, Healers who think they are both) and then you start getting blamed for their failings, so you just leave and wait. After the 30 days, we'll probably see people who actually want to play the game.
    Originally posted by reploidx
    It's fun because you are in the front and calling the shots and making sure everyone is ok. I do understand what OP is saying. I fell in a few ques with players who just couldn't play their class (DPS who think they are tanks, tanks who think they are DPS, Healers who think they are both) and then you start getting blamed for their failings, so you just leave and wait. After the 30 days, we'll probably see people who actually want to play the game.

The game is super easy until you get to sunken temple , at that time it filters out the good from the bad .

Unfortunately sunken temple is a side quest so it doesn't truly filter out like the other dungeons do .

Definitely a lot of fun tho once you start doing harder content . 

• sanshi44sanshi44 Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

Why get a tank when u can tank with a bard :) extra dps that way and havant had the issue of agro loss thats tanks seems to have and healer has no issues keeping u up either. Maybe it wont work later on but up to lvl 35 and bard tanking still works fine hehe. Healer never have mana issues either since u can just keep ur mana regen song on and still hold agro of all the mobs despite doing 20% less dmg.

Edit i would also like to add good DPS and hindered by the tanks ability, 80% of dunguen i do my dps will pull agro off every single mobs if i do normal dps no cooldowns. Split dps across the board of all mobs and ull have agro of em all. Dps one mob and ull have agro of just that one. Unless i just use my 2 dots and nothing else ill pulkl agro 90% of the time. So basicly you need a good tank to bring out full ability of the dps. Ive seen some tank hold agro fine with my dps but they seem 2 be somewhat rare.

• Keldor837Keldor837 Member UncommonPosts: 263

You're adding to the problem if you just ditch and re-que for another group. Those people are still in the game and though slim you may group with them again down the road. At least give people one chance to correct their mistakes. If you tell them what they need to do and they still don't, then by all means ditch them. But if you leave an ignorant player then they're going to continue being an ignorant player.

On that note, I personally have had a re-occuring issue of getting tanks that are on PS3 and never mark and can't seem to resist touching the mobs I put to sleep (I main a BLM). I don't mean to put a stigma on a whole group of people, but PS3 players who role WAR are the most consistant purps in this. They just want to spam that AoE enmity move all day and try to AoE DPS.

I thuroughly enjoy my BLM to the point that when I try and play another class...I lose interest fast. BLM puts out huge damage numbers and has awesome spell effects. Also while levelling every single one of the class quests and even story quests required careful planning and coordination. All because it's a glass cannon class with some CC's (and heals if you get some ARN levels) so it's more rewarding when finishing a solo duty with a BLM imo.

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I like healer, you can actually carry  bad tanks or bad dps (not both at the same time, can only do so much =P )

Instant queues sometimes, brief queues other times. 

warriors don't lose agro to DPS   ,  I only use the AOE attack when I first pull to tag everything  then when sleep breaks because the healer is asleep as well then it hits me instead of healer usually .

Also one cool thing about a warrior is that they can do a bit of dps as well . Paladins seems quite bad imo but maybe end game they are good  . who knows . 

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

So, in other words, being a tank is the most fun in this game for situations that exist in every other MMO as well?  

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    I haven't played healers much but decided to try it in this game. And I really like it! Only did it as CNJ so far but I plan to go SCH. Instant queues definitely a bonus.

I was shocked I actually liked it more than playing DPS.