Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't know if imma sub.. game is too boring after hitting 50.

Comments

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by Ahil6

If it's that bad for you, just go to a different game, rather than continue to argue how it sucks after 50 for 3 pages.

Have a good time, if it's not good, do something else.

Unless this is the only game you own, have on your computer, and are allowed to play.

MMO wise its the only one that interests me atm. I am waiting for Wildstar but that is a ways away. I do have a The Secret world acct and I never got far in it, isin't that f2p now? if so maybe i'll install it and play that for a while for something diffrent.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

Sad just sad.. 

Ya know I was gonna post something condemning, but then I realize the ability to mentally process the wit  and sarcasm would be lost on 90% of the people that come here.

• AsboAsbo Member UncommonPosts: 812
    Originally posted by Siveria

Am I the only one who is thinking of not subbing just because of how boring the game is? I have a 50 warrior but the current endgame is just completly boring. Leveling a 2nd class is also just as bad, no quests=boring fates or leves, dungeons are not worth the exp for the time they take.

I am really trying to like this game, but the fact they pretty much just made wow with a ff skin and made it even easier than wow is kinda depressing. I mean I don't mind a generic combat system but at least try to add something to it. Examples of this is eq2.

I could craft, but other than putting materia in stuff there doesn't seem to be a point with how stupidly easy everything is to get, even getting your classes relic weapon is a pretty big joke compared to what you have to do in other mmo's for a simmlar weapon. On my server, the only reason I don't have my relic is the cost of the materia I need is like 95000 a piece, and I just lack the drive to do anything to earn that cash, so I been spiritbonding stuff hoping I get what I need but thats getting increadbly boring as well. Easiest way to do it I found is take a lv 50 and just slaughter low lv mobs in dps gear for max dmg. Since it seems kill counts does more than anything else in the spirit bonding process.

I am just kinda at a loss of what to do, I want to like the game but, I mean there just is nothing fun to do. I've played mmo's that play exactly like ff14 does for far to long, I've actually played f2p mmo's with better gameplay to be honest. The story kinda sucked ass in ff14, typical squarsoft garbage rehashed plot they use in every one of their FF games.

Anyway, I hope this didn't come off as a troll post, I've spent alot of time in ff14, and now I am just having trouble finding anything the game has to offer intersting.

If anything I hate the fact there are no quests, I'd rather do quests and hop into fates I see on a 2nd class, then just grind fates the entire way like I am seemingly forced to do. Leve's are limited and don't even give the same exp a fate would, Dungeons are a complete waste of time to go into a 2nd time exp wise. Level 50 dungeons don't count since well, your level 50 and cannot gain exp anyway.

Then lastly the biggest problem FF14 has in my eyes: The playerbase itself, I'm sorry to say it but the vast majority (read about 90%) are just terribly bad at the game, which just blows my mind some of the stupidness I see in lv 50 dungeons. People sitting in aoe's, not able to focus fire on 1 target in a 4 man without a big number telling them which to hit, this is especally funny when its 2 melee dps's and you can clearly see who is hitting what, yet they still seem to need me to mark them. The aoe thing is especally bad, when the game pretty much beats it into your skull that standing in red stuff usually is a bad move, yet even at level 50 some people don't get it. I am not talking about ones who try to get out but their reaction is to slow, for all I know they could be crippled irl, but I am talking about the ones (read mostly dragoons.. why are so many dragoon players complete idiots?) that sit in a aoe and don't even attempt to move out of it.

Arg anyway this is kinda long and I am sorry I just needed to vent a bit. Hopefully the mods don't label this as a troll post because it was not meant to be.

What else did you expect from this franchise, they don't give a shit about you the gamer just using you to make money that's obvious. Lets face it everyone has high expectation for the older type themepark games this is no exception. I played one game from this company and that was enough for me. I new it was only a matter of time before post like this happened but thankfully I didn't say it as I would of been beat on for saying it. I hope more people realise this and don't waste their money on this game but sadly as like many games the front end hides the real problems in these games and it's time people stop buying them and supporting them and they will die.

As gamers we need to demand more and not support these developers so that they start to make a better games which we expect and demand.

Asbo

• KajidourdenKajidourden Member EpicPosts: 3,030
    So...... overdramatising a bit perhaps?  Nothing New after launch of each MMO mind you.  People racing to the cap after each release and then firing up the "Drama Queen" record.  /Shrug

Except the part where I never rushed? if I did I would have been 50 over 2 weeks ago. I been 50 about a week just doing mostly quests, you do not see the problem because your only level 29, get to 50, and start to level a 2nd class past 15, and you'll see why I say its boring. No more quests other than class/job ones every 5th level, nothing but fates, or leves, or running dungeons that don't really net enough exp (the dungeons i mean, they have a realllly bad exp to time ratio). So unless your idea of fun is following around a zerg of people brainlessly clearing the Fates, Your going to be pretty bored after 50 as well most likely. I thought the game was pretty good myself until after I hit 50, and decided to level a 2nd class past 15 and then relized how boring it was. I also dabbled in some endgame stuff, pretty boring run same dungeon over and over for tokens, which the mythic ones for the decent gear have a 300 per rl week cap, and most of the gear takes 2-3 weeks of spamming the same dungeon atm to get them. Amdapor Keep is really not fun after you've ran it so many times you lost count. its even worse than the 2nd boss is a dps check boss, and half the time your dps just aren't up to par gearwise and you end up wasting your time entirely. For Amdapor Keep I highly suggest you do not use duty finder unless u already have a full party. I've had horrible luck with random pugs and that dungeon.

Wrong again.  Go to another city, there are enough quests for at LEAST 2 level 50 classes.  Or 48, since they seem to drop off after that.

Oh, and lol @ everyone expecting epic, robust endgame in a brand new game.  Good luck with that.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

Im not resubbing. I am in a great outfit with decent people but honestly I find myself alt tabbing and just surfing the net. I dont feel driven to do much. The graphics are great but beyond that it just seems lack luster, to me.

I did in the meanwhile fire back up everquest for something to do.

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by Kajidourden
    So...... overdramatising a bit perhaps?  Nothing New after launch of each MMO mind you.  People racing to the cap after each release and then firing up the "Drama Queen" record.  /Shrug

Except the part where I never rushed? if I did I would have been 50 over 2 weeks ago. I been 50 about a week just doing mostly quests, you do not see the problem because your only level 29, get to 50, and start to level a 2nd class past 15, and you'll see why I say its boring. No more quests other than class/job ones every 5th level, nothing but fates, or leves, or running dungeons that don't really net enough exp (the dungeons i mean, they have a realllly bad exp to time ratio). So unless your idea of fun is following around a zerg of people brainlessly clearing the Fates, Your going to be pretty bored after 50 as well most likely. I thought the game was pretty good myself until after I hit 50, and decided to level a 2nd class past 15 and then relized how boring it was. I also dabbled in some endgame stuff, pretty boring run same dungeon over and over for tokens, which the mythic ones for the decent gear have a 300 per rl week cap, and most of the gear takes 2-3 weeks of spamming the same dungeon atm to get them. Amdapor Keep is really not fun after you've ran it so many times you lost count. its even worse than the 2nd boss is a dps check boss, and half the time your dps just aren't up to par gearwise and you end up wasting your time entirely. For Amdapor Keep I highly suggest you do not use duty finder unless u already have a full party. I've had horrible luck with random pugs and that dungeon.

Wrong again.  Go to another city, there are enough quests for at LEAST 2 level 50 classes.  Or 48, since they seem to drop off after that.

Oh, and lol @ everyone expecting epic, robust endgame in a brand new game.  Good luck with that.

Once you are done with your main class the only quests you can get for your second class is between lvl 5 to 10 range (that is ofcourse if you didn't teleport to other two cities and did all the starting quests). After that side quests are scarce with an ocassional couple of quests here and there. To say that there are enough quests for two classes to reach 48 is just false information.

FATES grinding is the only viable method to level and that is why a lot of players are getting burned out.

oh and lol @companies still not getting 'it' and releasing another P2P MMO with a weak and only one type of end game. Good luck with that.

No lessons were learned from failures of past P2P MMOS it seems.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562

To OP:

I hit 50 on august 30th. I grinded my ass off and 11 days later had full dark light gear, af2 body, and relic weapon.

You think the game is lacking options at 50? Currently, I could see your argument. There are only 2 50 dungeons, 3 primal fights, and a VERY difficult 8-man "raid" to complete. I don't see why you have to label crystal tower a raid and not coil only because tower is 24-man. Are there now player number requirements for the use of the word "raid"? Infact it's already known that crystal tower will be easier than the ever-expanding bahamuts labyrinth.

If you're looking for challenging gameplay I would suggest doing what a prior poster said and start your relic quest, farm some darklight, take on the hardmode primals (enjoy titan), and attempt the undefeated (so far) coil.....

but first I would level your subs, not having provoke :/.

• jbombardjbombard Member UncommonPosts: 598
    Not sure why you would even consider subbing if you are bored with the game.  It isn't like the game has been out very long, if you are bored already, take a step back, take a break and come back to it when there looks to be some more stuff you are interested in.  Who knows maybe you will find something you enjoy more in the interim.
  • NicephorusNicephorus Member Posts: 52

Except the part where I never rushed? if I did I would have been 50 over 2 weeks ago.

I honestly don't have a problem with people who don't like the game. People like what they like. But I am continually amazed at how out of touch people like you are with typical post WOW player. So you took a whole 2 weeks to level to cap, and that supposedly makes you some sort of casual who didn't rush? Please!!! As easy as it is to level, and I wouldn't dispute that it is easy, I would wager my house that less than 10% of the non legacy player base have hit cap yet. I hate to break it to you, but you are simply NOT the main target audience for this game.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Too easy to hit 50 and no end game...Yeah thats a great formula for long term success.....
  • SilacoidSilacoid Member UncommonPosts: 237

You say you are upset that there isn't enough to do when you're 50, yet you're upset that dungeons take too long for the xp payoff.  Sounds like you like the leveling part of a game more than the game itself.

Also when you race to 50 like you did and others are busy leveling other classes, you aren't going to find a ton to do.  Give it a month and see what happens.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

So these people that say there is nothing to do at 50 must have killed all the primals hard mode and have their relic weapons and full darklight and af2? And are well on there way to relic+1?

Or did you just lvl to 50 and then come here and complain?

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by k11keeper

So these people that say there is nothing to do at 50 must have killed all the primals hard mode and have their relic weapons and full darklight and af2? And are well on there way to relic+1?

Or did you just lvl to 50 and then come here and complain?

A couple dungeons doesn't really amount to a lot to do at endgame,especially for those who aren't into dungeon farming. Most of their endgame activities have yet to be put in place. Considering that I think it's a fair complaint as of right now.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• MpfiveMpfive Member UncommonPosts: 308
    The game has only been out a couple of weeks, give it time. I think people expect a new mmo to be released with the same content that of mmos which have been out for years.
  • JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Its pretty funny how the entire game is incredibly easy but the moment they throw something hard at you like obtaining a relic weapon suddenly the game is boring and people lose interest.

What more do people want? They practically give you a free 50 character via fate grinding and free seed money via quests.

Originally posted by Mpfive
    The game has only been out a couple of weeks, give it time. I think people expect a new mmo to be released with the same content that of mmos which have been out for years.

It's really something that places devs between a rock and a hard place, especially when a sub is added to the equation. They shouldn't rush in additions, yet when there's not a lot in place, it does hurt retention of subscriptions. You're right we can't expect a feature rich MMORPG at launch; at least compared to games with years of live service behind them. At the same time it's a hard sell to release without a solid endgame in place, Bioware learned that lesson the hard way. SE may as well, it all depends on how quick they get these additions in, and the state of them when implemented.

• IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    this game is not worth a monthly sub; I would suggest wait 6 months, by that time there may be more content, patches, and who knows if it goes F2P

gameplay > graphics

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Yup I expected the reasonable OP to  e savaged by the fans and am not disappointed with the usual "your not playing right!" and "subscribe for x months because more content is coming idiot!" posts.

OP has every right to feel like he does as the game is not fitting his game style currently.Personally I don't think he should resubscribe until all that wonderful content fans gush about is actually in the game.

To those in a similar place as the OP but happy with the game...REJOICE!!!!You've found a game that fits your play style...be happy and go play  instead of angry at everyone who doesn't agree.

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Originally posted by IridescentOrk
    this game is not worth a monthly sub; I would suggest wait 6 months, by that time there may be more content, patches, and who knows if it goes F2P

Of course there will be more to do in 6 months...

I wouldn't bet on the F2P.

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334
    Originally posted by Nicephorus

Except the part where I never rushed? if I did I would have been 50 over 2 weeks ago.

I honestly don't have a problem with people who don't like the game. People like what they like. But I am continually amazed at how out of touch people like you are with typical post WOW player. So you took a whole 2 weeks to level to cap, and that supposedly makes you some sort of casual who didn't rush? Please!!! As easy as it is to level, and I wouldn't dispute that it is easy, I would wager my house that less than 10% of the non legacy player base have hit cap yet. I hate to break it to you, but you are simply NOT the main target audience for this game.

If the OP took as long as they say to hit cap, then I would say they were playing casually.

Hardcore players were hitting cap in the first ~3 days. There were people talking about it on the forums, and I'm talking  regular players on non-Legacy servers. I'm not talking "Legacy players who brought characters over from 1.0", as some have tried to dismiss it.

The problem ARR has is similar to what happens in WoW currently.. The game is designed to make everything so fast, and so convenient and so accessible, that it's actually harder to not level quickly.

If someone wants to follow the storyline and consistently do activities that reward Adventure XP for their given class, doing FATEs or other things along the way, because that's what they find the most fun... then that's what they find the most fun. If the game happens to be so rewarding in terms of xp and gear that it makes the process of getting to level cap trivial... then that's not the player's fault. They're just playing it as they enjoy it.

Yoshi-P has made the same mistake so many others before him made when launching a P2P MMO. A P2P MMO survives on a continuous, healthy playerbase that sticks around one month to the next because there's enough content to keep them entertained from one month to the next. When someone is able to get through the game and do the majority of what it offers in the first 2 weeks or so... that's a sign of a MMO designed by someone who hasn't learned from the mistakes of others.

• RoguewizRoguewiz Member UncommonPosts: 711

I plan on subbing.  Mainly because I'm taking my time with multiple classes and tradeskills.  Getting 50 isn't my primary concern.

I want to make this game last longer than a month.

Raquelis in various games
    Played: Everything
    Playing: Nioh 2, Civ6
    Wants: The World
    Anticipating: Everquest Next Crowfall, Pantheon, Elden Ring

Tank - Healer - Support: The REAL Trinity
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685

The problem with the "Give it time" and "The game's still new" arguments is that this is a subscription game. For every month of time you're giving the developers to develop something, YOU are PAYING for that month.

It'll be interesting to see how many people are willing to PAY for the time the devs take to add new content once the free subs run out.  I'm curious to see how it turns out.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Huh? What games did you have that you had tons to do at 50?snip...

I really don't know what to say to this. Quest to level cap, dungeon, battle ground games are old design, and makes for boring games and tired players. There is choice out there. If this is true about FF, don't support it. You don't have to settle for this.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Sorry, you just analyzed every single mmorpg in existence. If we can't use our imaginations when playing these games then we need a new hobby. /shrug

You can rush through the basic content to level cap or on your way play the game as an mmoRPG.

Posted just today: http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/09/17/the-soapbox-maybe-its-time-to-admit-that-you-dont-like-mmos/

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Roguewiz

I plan on subbing.  Mainly because I'm taking my time with multiple classes and tradeskills.  Getting 50 isn't my primary concern.

I want to make this game last longer than a month.

Sounds like a good plan, yet IMO we shouldn't have to try and make an MMORPG last, maybe that's just me,  I could be completely wrong in that idea. I just feel if we have to purposefully restrain ourselves while playing, so we don't run out of stuff to do in a month, there's simply not enough there yet.