Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall aimbot problem

Aragon100Aragon100 Member RarePosts: 2,686

Here is some youtube evidence that aimbot work perfect in Darkfall, just listen to the conversation -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AOLxw9UpaM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxZ8pmoTLsg

Seems they dont miss a shot when it is active. 

Comments

• GrunchGrunch Member Posts: 493

Told ya so :D

I tried telling "you people (note 1)" but nope, didn't want to listen to me :D

People think that just because a guy misses shots from long range that he isn't using aimbot, lol! Just watch and learn. Thank you whoever posted that video on YouTube :D

[mod edit]

"I'm sorry but your mmo has been diagnosed with EA and only has X number of days to live."

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Between idiots who use hacks like those and AV themselves, it's hard to see a future for this game.
  • ilivesilives Member Posts: 418

The same "third party" cheat app has worked since DF1 and still works today.  The Unholy Ban Hammer is a joke and only serves to give the impression AV is doing something.

I'm not sure why any fan of the game wouldn't want this video everywhere, it'll never get addressed if they keep trying to hide it. Alas, it's been going on since 2009. :(

Cheating is much more damaging in a Full Loot PvP game.

Where have all the "good" shills gone?

• LahuzerLahuzer Member UncommonPosts: 782
    I play the game atm. But this is disheartening...
  • SimsuSimsu Member UncommonPosts: 386

This has always been a problem in Darkfall (and it will probably continue for as long as DF exists). There are several cheat clients being sold and several more that people make and only give out to their friends. Maybe people are really good or maybe they tap their lock on key just before they swing (macro mice make this super easy to incorporate in a single click).

It's the same story for most FPS games. (PS2 was jammed packed with aimbots when I played). Kinda sad.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by ilives

The same "third party" cheat app has worked since DF1 and still works today.  The Unholy Ban Hammer is a joke and only serves to give the impression AV is doing something.

I'm not sure why any fan of the game wouldn't want this video everywhere, it'll never get addressed if they keep trying to hide it. Alas, it's been going on since 2009. :(

Sorry dude but blaming Adventurine for letting people use aimbots is like blaming the Olympics for letting people use steroids.   They know it is happening and they do what they can to prevent but that will never stop people from trying to gain an advantage.   The guy in the vid even explains how they go about trying to hide it. 

Top level sports has not figured out how to detect all cheaters and neither will games I am afraid.  Its simply a fact of life anytime you have people competing against each other.  In fact it is just another extension of griefing where the objective is to gain an unfair advantage also.

So if you want PvP you are probably going to have to deal with it in some form no matter what.  Either that or become a care bear!  image

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

Originally posted by Boneserino

Sorry dude but blaming Adventurine for letting people use aimbots is like blaming the Olympics for letting people use steroids.   They know it is happening and they do what they can to prevent but that will never stop people from trying to gain an advantage. 

When they've been using the exact same program for over 4 years, yes it is AV fault.

They have been using the exact same steroids too, my friend. 

Perhaps you could explain how that makes a difference?  And while you are at it, you may want to pass that info on to Aventurine.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

I can't count the amount of times I've told people that DF:UW will have this problem due to it's FPS-gameplay. Every FPS-game has this problem.

Yea it seems kind of silly to me when people act all surprised about it. 

I mean really, in a kill or be killed type of game, you never thought people would use this as an advantage?

And since it is a problem in every FPS, it cannot be a simple solution to eradicate it or it would have been done.  You can catch some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

Another reason why FFA PvP sandbox is a niche game.

They have been using the exact same steroids too, my friend. 

Perhaps you could explain how that makes a difference?  And while you are at it, you may want to pass that info on to Aventurine.

Your analogy is horrible! As they test for steroids....image

If people used the exact same steroid year after year and the committee fails to test for it, it IS the committees fault.

Its not like AV doesn't know about the program, they either don't care or can't secure their game.

Its far from just a "simple aimbot"

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and are just making general statements.  The Olympics and professional sports are huge entities that represent billions of dollars in revenue and yet they still fail to catch people like Lance Armstrong, at least not until long after he got away with it.  

People like you seem to think everything is simple in life.  Oh, just test for this and you will find it.  Sure buddy.  Do you think every person that commits a crime is actually caught in the real world too? 

Its good that you play MMO's because you are living in fantasy land if you think this.

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about and are just making general statements.  The Olympics and professional sports are huge entities that represent billions of dollars in revenue and yet they still fail to catch people like Lance Armstrong, at least not until long after he got away with it.  

People like you seem to think everything is simple in life.  Oh, just test for this and you will find it.  Sure buddy.  Do you think every person that commits a crime is actually caught in the real world too? 

Its good that you play MMO's because you are living in fantasy land if you think this.

It has nothing to do with "getting caught".  its a matter of making changes to prevent such programs from interacting with the client.  Your analogies are laughable! Do you think people can still dope in the same method Lance did? NO, they've made changes to the testing.

Here's one for you:  A criminal robs the same bank in the same manner for over 4 years, yet nothing changes in regards to preventing future robberies. image  

No point in discussing this any further, thanx for your time! image

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    One way to fight this is to change the memory mapping and keep changing the game engine every week. Forget AV, even Microsoft will not be able to pull this. It is too expensive to maintain .

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    One way to fight this is to change the memory mapping and keep changing the game engine every week. Forget AV, even Microsoft will not be able to pull this. It is too expensive to maintain .

So I guess that players that want to play without having to cheat should avoid this game?

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by ShortyBible

So I guess that players that want to play without having to cheat should avoid this game?

The problem is that the company who made this cheat makes cheats for all sorts of games.

Battlefield 3 (and I'm sure 4 after release)

Arma 2

Planetside 2

Diablo 3

Call of Duty 3

Guildwars 2

WarZ

StarCraft 2

So DFUW is not the only victim here.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

Yea it seems kind of silly to me when people act all surprised about it. I mean really, in a kill or be killed type of game, you never thought people would use this as an advantage?And since it is a problem in every FPS, it cannot be a simple solution to eradicate it or it would have been done.  You can catch some of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.Another reason why FFA PvP sandbox is a niche game.

There's only one solution to end this problem... getting rid of FPS-combat and return to good old tab-targeting.

EvE Online is a FFA-PvP and doesn't have this problem, because it only uses server-side calculations instead of client-sided like all the FPS-titles.

Originally posted by wrekognize

The problem is that the company who made this cheat makes cheats for all sorts of games.

Arma 2

Planetside 2

Diablo 3

Call of Duty 3

Guildwars 2

WarZ

StarCraft 2

But the other games aren't full loot and you don't lose all your stuff.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388
    Originally posted by wrekognize

Arma 2

Planetside 2

Diablo 3

Call of Duty 3

Guildwars 2

WarZ

StarCraft 2

But the other games aren't full loot and you don't lose all your stuff.

Losing a match in SC2 feels like losing a dread set to me.

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by Yalexy

There's only one solution to end this problem... getting rid of FPS-combat and return to good old tab-targeting.

EvE Online is a FFA-PvP and doesn't have this problem, because it only uses server-side calculations instead of client-sided like all the FPS-titles.

Cheating in tab-targeting games is much, much easier. From sophisticated macros that require just pressing one button to win, to 100% automatic PvP bots: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vu-ovrfGWAY

EvE is a special case, because you can legally use real world money to get advantage - through multiboxing, plex and buying accounts with very advanced chars. So those obsessed with "winning" can get what they want without breaking the rules.

And about DF hackers:

You can check who was banned and when http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/. They banned 50+ people on 28/29th of May for cheating - so they have to have automatic cheat detection. 

DF does appeal to people who want to prove how good (or hardcore) they are by playing video game - and it's the reason for all DF problems ...

• Bandaid47Bandaid47 Member Posts: 38

People always have, and will continue to use aimbots...

Only, as others have mentioned its not aimbo but that's the general term.

What most "pro" pvpers in DF have been using, and since 1.0, is something that works off pixel detection.

Ive been privy to a lot of voice chat conversations that lead me to believe the problem is widespread among the veteran and new player community...a majority of the good players basically use something they shouldn't.

Its funny because you see on forums and in game accusations flying (hackusations) and then in voice chat a guy who makes the cheats pops in and a bunch of people from other clans who all hate eachother and call eachother hackers go into private channels with the guy....

I expect at least someone from the vet community to say im wrong, but I was a part of a bunch of large and or powerful DF clans from 1.0 launch up until a few months ago...I was trusted, and I was bad at pvp...the guy who made them really wanted to help me out, even for a discount...once I knew who he was...I saw a lot of well known and trusted pvpers who were great have a lot of conversations with the guy...

Needless to say...cheating in that game always was and always will be rampant...it just appeals too much to the community to dominate for bragging rights...you wont get banned unless you use website hacks that can be detected...which is why so many have been cheating in this game since like 2009 without a ban.

• MrBootsMrBoots Member UncommonPosts: 289
    Originally posted by Azdul

And about DF hackers:

You can check who was banned and when http://www.unholybanhammer.com/BH/. They banned 50+ people on 28/29th of May for cheating - so they have to have automatic cheat detection. 

DF does appeal to people who want to prove how good (or hardcore) they are by playing video game - and it's the reason for all DF problems ...

You do know there was a leaked email from one of AV's employees in circulation right? In that email it was said that they have no way to detect the aimbots, stickyback, or radar hacks. That information was directly from Tasos. That email also instructed the GMs to start banning anyone they think is hacking based on personal observations and speculation.

• AngztAngzt Member Posts: 230

welcome to the world of online fps gaming.

those pricks run their page (and the bot) for ages now. if there would be anything you could do, someone would have done it. all you can do tho is banning the players, based on reports and GM observance.

since they "aimbotters" actually do PAY for that hack, the producer of that sofware has enough recources and time to update his hacktool as often as needed, and (as we all should know), you can NOT counter anything before it actually happened.

"believe me, mike.. i calculated the odds of this working against the odds that i was doing something incredibly stupid… and i did it anyway!"

• AzdulAzdul Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by MrBoots

You do know there was a leaked email from one of AV's employees in circulation right? In that email it was said that they have no way to detect the aimbots, stickyback, or radar hacks. That information was directly from Tasos. That email also instructed the GMs to start banning anyone they think is hacking based on personal observations and speculation.

In DF1 AV had a way to detect hacks automatically. Even a company that produces hacks confirmed that their hack was detected, and every user was banned, sometime in 2010 / 2011.

Automatic detection works this way:

If some company sells hack, then AV guys can buy it, see how it works, patch in hack detection, and ban everyone who is using it. Of course hack company can spend hours looking at each patch, to check if their hack is safe - but DF is not important enough for them to do it.

There is also server side detection - for example, if someone is stupid enough to collect two chaos chests on two sides of the continent in less than 30 seconds - it will get noticed.

Manual bans by GMs have negligible effect - they will ban only people that are really asking for it, and only to calm down the player who reported obvious hacker. You can't manually ban 50+ people in one day.

This discussion has been closed.