Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

September 2013 Producer's Letter

ZarriyaZarriya Member UncommonPosts: 446

September 2013 Producer's Letter

"Senior Producer Terry Michaels shares upcoming discussion topics for the next month, including previews of soon-to-be released EverQuest Next lore and more details about EverQuest Next Landmark! "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bRrpyFJUfW4&list=PL7cdOT0cP_M3szjAEuNRqKqFEeA9UCt1k

While I wish there was more news I do appreciate the open communication and I do look forward to the new book!

Comments

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

text version

http://www.eqnexus.com/forums/threads/eq-next-september-2013-producers-letter.1103/

Hello, Everyone.

I'm Terry Michaels. I'm the Senior Producer for EverQuest Next and EverQuest Next Landmark. Now that we're done with that whirlwind of August that was our debut and GamesCom and PAX, I wanted to take a minute to chat about what you guys can expect in the near future.

As we mentioned many times in the past, we're extremely excited about engaging the players - you guys - as part of the development team and help make EverQuest Next and EverQuest Next Landmark better than it could be if we did it by ourselves. So for the next month, we're going to be talking mainly about Landmark itself because "this Winter" is soon and we need to make sure information is out there so you guys can give us your opinions as we're building this game.

We're gonna be talking about two particular topics. They're both focused around the world and how it's created.

One of those topics is gonna be globe trotting, which is all about how the continents are created, how they're put together, how you can go out and claim part of it as your own, and how you're gonna interact with the world in many different ways.

The second is "break it, take it, make it", and that's all about how you go out and collect resources and objects, find crafting stations, and the different areas and environments you can go through in the world. So, that's gonna be the first thing we're gonna talk about as far as Landmark goes.

But, we're also gonna be talking about some stuff for EverQuest Next, of course. We have the Round Table where we're talking about both games and hopefully you guys are participating in that and giving us your opinions because that's how we're gonna make this game better.

We're also gonna be releasing a new lore story that comes earlier in the history of the world than we've released previously. This one's all about the events that lead up to the creation of Ashfang which is a new zone, a new area in EverQuest Next. It's told from the perspective of a Dwarven Thief and how his actions affected the change in the world. It also involves the Shishar [sp?] and the Elves we know everybody likes.

Anyway, that's what we'll be talking about over the next m
    onth so hopefully you'll join us and tell us your opinions and thanks for coming along. We'll talk to you next month.

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

Have they even said the word Gnome once regarding EQ next ??

What the hell Where are the damn Gnomes !!

~Disgruntled Gnomes of Norrath~ I will chop you in the knee caps you sons of bitches hahah

WE need to hear the word GNOME at least once, come on people !! Gnomes are going crazy wondering if they will be included in this world

Protector of all things Gnomish , Gnome Female Warrior

• EeksEeks Member Posts: 72
    Originally posted by Grimula

~Disgruntled Gnomes of Norrath~ I will chop you in the knee caps you sons of bitches hahah

WE need to hear the word GNOME at least once, come on people !! Gnomes are going crazy wondering if they will be included in this world

They were in a roundtable as well as the ebooks so far =p (Maybe some tweets?)  No confirmation on them being playable though.

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

This game is years away!!

Its got elves.  And maybe Gnomes.   That tells me all I need to know about lore.

And the rest it seems they haven't made up their minds about.

Now is your chance, FFA PvP'ers!!

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• EnrifEnrif Member UncommonPosts: 152
    Originally posted by Boneserino

no, thanks

• GrayKodiakGrayKodiak Member CommonPosts: 576
    Originally posted by Grimula

They can not ignore your gnomishness now that gnomes have one the round table discussion on small races. I am sure you will hear the G word soon.

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

that's good to hear thanks for the info's 

=)

• xpowderxxpowderx Member UncommonPosts: 2,078
    Fluffy, pink haired gnome warriors named Ironballs is the new trend for EQNext.
  • donpopukidonpopuki Member Posts: 591
    So no info once again.
  • grimfallgrimfall Member UncommonPosts: 1,153
    Originally posted by donpopuki
    So no info once again.

We're going to ask you to be very instrumental in the development process.  If there is some decision that we don't care about, we'll put a poll up and then make a little video talking about it, though we don't really care.  if there's a decision we are actually struggling with, we'll put a poll up, make our own decision, and then quote some of the people who agree with us as validation that we're taking your input.  If there's anything controversial, we just won't put a poll up, because, well, we know better than you.   I mean, Blizzard copied EQ, right?

When the community says "wait a second, that's fucking retarded" and they change a design element, like those stupid lion models, I'll be impressed.  Until then, they're just playing you.

• NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Originally posted by Boneserino

This game is years away!!

Its got elves.  And maybe Gnomes.   That tells me all I need to know about lore.

And the rest it seems they haven't made up their minds about.

okay im game. Add your precious PVP anywhere anytime but to balance it we add NPC "police" patrols that kill on sightplayer killers, also add negative impact of how npc factions see you as a violent man placing bounties on you for npc high level hunters, kill on sight on cities, etc.

add all that and im ok with it.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    Originally posted by grimfall
    So no info once again.

We're going to ask you to be very instrumental in the development process.  If there is some decision that we don't care about, we'll put a poll up and then make a little video talking about it, though we don't really care.  if there's a decision we are actually struggling with, we'll put a poll up, make our own decision, and then quote some of the people who agree with us as validation that we're taking your input.  If there's anything controversial, we just won't put a poll up, because, well, we know better than you.   I mean, Blizzard copied EQ, right?

When the community says "wait a second, that's fucking retarded" and they change a design element, like those stupid lion models, I'll be impressed.  Until then, they're just playing you.

^^ My vote for best post.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    So no info once again.

Break it, take it, make it.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • StilerStiler Member Posts: 599
    hopefully some new info actually comes out this month.
  • tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001
    Originally posted by grimfall
    So no info once again.

Well at least their idea of adding guns and ninjas was pretty much shot down. Let's see if they will go through it anyway.

It could be worth it to save the results of those polls and then see when the game launches if they're sticking to their principles :)