Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Don't know if imma sub.. game is too boring after hitting 50.

SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416

Am I the only one who is thinking of not subbing just because of how boring the game is? I have a 50 warrior but the current endgame is just completly boring. Leveling a 2nd class is also just as bad, no quests=boring fates or leves, dungeons are not worth the exp for the time they take.

I am really trying to like this game, but the fact they pretty much just made wow with a ff skin and made it even easier than wow is kinda depressing. I mean I don't mind a generic combat system but at least try to add something to it. Examples of this is eq2.

I could craft, but other than putting materia in stuff there doesn't seem to be a point with how stupidly easy everything is to get, even getting your classes relic weapon is a pretty big joke compared to what you have to do in other mmo's for a simmlar weapon. On my server, the only reason I don't have my relic is the cost of the materia I need is like 95000 a piece, and I just lack the drive to do anything to earn that cash, so I been spiritbonding stuff hoping I get what I need but thats getting increadbly boring as well. Easiest way to do it I found is take a lv 50 and just slaughter low lv mobs in dps gear for max dmg. Since it seems kill counts does more than anything else in the spirit bonding process.

I am just kinda at a loss of what to do, I want to like the game but, I mean there just is nothing fun to do. I've played mmo's that play exactly like ff14 does for far to long, I've actually played f2p mmo's with better gameplay to be honest. The story kinda sucked ass in ff14, typical squarsoft garbage rehashed plot they use in every one of their FF games.

Anyway, I hope this didn't come off as a troll post, I've spent alot of time in ff14, and now I am just having trouble finding anything the game has to offer intersting.

If anything I hate the fact there are no quests, I'd rather do quests and hop into fates I see on a 2nd class, then just grind fates the entire way like I am seemingly forced to do. Leve's are limited and don't even give the same exp a fate would, Dungeons are a complete waste of time to go into a 2nd time exp wise. Level 50 dungeons don't count since well, your level 50 and cannot gain exp anyway.

Then lastly the biggest problem FF14 has in my eyes: The playerbase itself, I'm sorry to say it but the vast majority (read about 90%) are just terribly bad at the game, which just blows my mind some of the stupidness I see in lv 50 dungeons. People sitting in aoe's, not able to focus fire on 1 target in a 4 man without a big number telling them which to hit, this is especally funny when its 2 melee dps's and you can clearly see who is hitting what, yet they still seem to need me to mark them. The aoe thing is especally bad, when the game pretty much beats it into your skull that standing in red stuff usually is a bad move, yet even at level 50 some people don't get it. I am not talking about ones who try to get out but their reaction is to slow, for all I know they could be crippled irl, but I am talking about the ones (read mostly dragoons.. why are so many dragoon players complete idiots?) that sit in a aoe and don't even attempt to move out of it.

Arg anyway this is kinda long and I am sorry I just needed to vent a bit. Hopefully the mods don't label this as a troll post because it was not meant to be.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

Comments

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    This is kind of bleak news to me because I easily get bored after playing for just 1 hour while questing and leveling.  I don't want to just grind fates but maybe I should start..
  • BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Nah OP you are not the only. I am also not resubbing and i have been hearing this a lot in game and my FC too. There is only one path to end game 'raid or die'. Feels like SWTOR where once i finished my story i lost motivation to play. FFXIV is going to lose a lot of players once free month is over.

Releasing a P2P MMO in 2013 with just raiding as end game? good luck with that SE.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,416
    Originally posted by TheHavok
    This is kind of bleak news to me because I easily get bored after playing for just 1 hour while questing and leveling.  I don't want to just grind fates but maybe I should start..

Yeah like I said I am not trying to troll here, but I was just telling it how it is, once you hit 50 the game loses alot of its appeal. i don't think the game is going to have staying power, people were 50 in less than a week without even rushing. Then they get bored because there really is nothing to do in the game at 50 thats actually fun right now. I hit 50 and mostly been leveling crafting and gatherers in between Amdaporkeep runs. Logging out for a bit when I get annoyed at how bad some players are with simple dungeon mechanics.

Biggest issue with Amdapor keep is the fact the 2nd boss is bascally a dps check, and if you don't have certan gear as a dps, you'll never be able to kill it. But square has no limits so alot of way undergeared for that people go into it then end up wasting their time (and everyone elses time) since they can never get past the 2nd boss.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

or

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Huh? What games did you have that you had tons to do at 50? And btw, trivial things DONT count since all games have them if you look for them. Just curious, since how you word it you seem to find games at 50 after launch with a lot more I've yet to have the chance to see immediately being content full.

That aside, if you ignore the 'derrrrr' part of what you are saying, I think it mostly comes down to you just not liking the gameplay more then anything else. It just sounds that it does not stick out for you enough to warrent playing which is a legitament issue. It might not be your cup of tea... or simply put your expecting far to much from a game right out the gate. 

Originally posted by Bigdaddyx

Nah OP you are not the only. I am also not resubbing and i have been hearing this a lot in game and my FC too. There is only one path to end game 'raid or die'. Feels like SWTOR where once i finished my story i lost motivation to play. FFXIV is going to lose a lot of players once free month is over.

Releasing a P2P MMO in 2013 with just raiding as end game? good luck with that SE.

Actually there is not even a single raid in game yet, the first raid we get is a 24 man in about 2 months from now with 2.1. All we have now really is just doing the same 4 or 8 man dungeons over and over for tokens for some gear. The ilvl 90 stuff takes mythic tomestones, and you can only farm 300 per real life week. So your looking at 2 to 3 weeks for 1 piece of gear. Which is horrible with how boring the dungeons are. There is bahamuts coil but even in full ilvl 70 gear from the lower end philosphy tomestones, is extremly hard for a non-raid dungeon, or so I been told. I don't got my relic yet cuz of the cost of the materia I need.

or

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

"Leveling a 2nd class is also just as bad, no quests=boring fates or leves, dungeons are not worth the exp for the time they take."

I'm glad I'm not the only one who sees the fault in this. The more I hear about this the more I want to wait and see what they do here before picking this one up. I liked what I saw in Beta, yet I'd like to make sure this game is going to turn into something more before jumping in.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676
    Originally posted by Siveria

Am I the only one who is thinking of not subbing just because of how boring the game is? I have a 50 warrior but the current endgame is just completly boring. Leveling a 2nd class is also just as bad, no quests=boring fates or leves, dungeons are not worth the exp for the time they take.

I am really trying to like this game, but the fact they pretty much just made wow with a ff skin and made it even easier than wow is kinda depressing. I mean I don't mind a generic combat system but at least try to add something to it. Examples of this is eq2.

I could craft, but other than putting materia in stuff there doesn't seem to be a point with how stupidly easy everything is to get, even getting your classes relic weapon is a pretty big joke compared to what you have to do in other mmo's for a simmlar weapon. On my server, the only reason I don't have my relic is the cost of the materia I need is like 95000 a piece, and I just lack the drive to do anything to earn that cash, so I been spiritbonding stuff hoping I get what I need but thats getting increadbly boring as well. Easiest way to do it I found is take a lv 50 and just slaughter low lv mobs in dps gear for max dmg. Since it seems kill counts does more than anything else in the spirit bonding process.

I am just kinda at a loss of what to do, I want to like the game but, I mean there just is nothing fun to do. I've played mmo's that play exactly like ff14 does for far to long, I've actually played f2p mmo's with better gameplay to be honest. The story kinda sucked ass in ff14, typical squarsoft garbage rehashed plot they use in every one of their FF games.

Anyway, I hope this didn't come off as a troll post, I've spent alot of time in ff14, and now I am just having trouble finding anything the game has to offer intersting.

If anything I hate the fact there are no quests, I'd rather do quests and hop into fates I see on a 2nd class, then just grind fates the entire way like I am seemingly forced to do. Leve's are limited and don't even give the same exp a fate would, Dungeons are a complete waste of time to go into a 2nd time exp wise. Level 50 dungeons don't count since well, your level 50 and cannot gain exp anyway.

Then lastly the biggest problem FF14 has in my eyes: The playerbase itself, I'm sorry to say it but the vast majority (read about 90%) are just terribly bad at the game, which just blows my mind some of the stupidness I see in lv 50 dungeons. People sitting in aoe's, not able to focus fire on 1 target in a 4 man without a big number telling them which to hit, this is especally funny when its 2 melee dps's and you can clearly see who is hitting what, yet they still seem to need me to mark them. The aoe thing is especally bad, when the game pretty much beats it into your skull that standing in red stuff usually is a bad move, yet even at level 50 some people don't get it. I am not talking about ones who try to get out but their reaction is to slow, for all I know they could be crippled irl, but I am talking about the ones (read mostly dragoons.. why are so many dragoon players complete idiots?) that sit in a aoe and don't even attempt to move out of it.

Arg anyway this is kinda long and I am sorry I just needed to vent a bit. Hopefully the mods don't label this as a troll post because it was not meant to be.

You say this wasn't meant to be a troll post - yet you feel inclined to label the vast majority as stupid, you intentionally used the wrong development company name, again with a  derisory typical garbage description. Still reading down and complete idiots crops up - again aimed at the player base.

Originally posted by Purutzil

Huh? What games did you have that you had tons to do at 50? And btw, trivial things DONT count since all games have them if you look for them. Just curious, since how you word it you seem to find games at 50 after launch with a lot more I've yet to have the chance to see immediately being content full.

That aside, if you ignore the 'derrrrr' part of what you are saying, I think it mostly comes down to you just not liking the gameplay more then anything else. It just sounds that it does not stick out for you enough to warrent playing which is a legitament issue. It might not be your cup of tea... or simply put your expecting far to much from a game right out the gate. 

I was expecting a game at least as fun as ff14 1.0 was, or 1.2 I guess it would be since I played clsoer to when they took it down orignally. Instead we got just another generic wow clone mmorpg with nothing really unique to it gameplay wise. I guess more than anything I am increadbly dissapointed in the game more than anything else. It could have been so much more but square opted for the lazy/cheap route and just made a generic wow-clone mmorpg. I mean thew combat system is like directly copy and pasted from wow and slapped into ff14, they did not even try to do anything new with it.

But most of all the worse thing is the playerbase and their lack of playing skill, its really annoying to constantly wipe on a easy dungeon boss because of one idiot in the party, and no, there is not a vote kick system in the game, so you cannot even remove bad players from your party, your stuck with them. Which in a place like Amdapor keep that has dps checks and such, if the dps aren't up to par gear and somewhat skill wise, your just wasting your time in there. Only reason I run it is for a chance to get ilvl60 gear for other classes on geed rolls if no one needs on em and the fact its the only real decent place to get both philosphy and mythic tomestones (80 philo, 40 mythic per run). Actually I think thats the highest amount you can get for mythic from anything, unless bahamuts coil gives more.. Would kinda be silly when bahamuts coiul drops ilvl 90 stuff that is as good or better than the i90 mythic stuff.

or

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

GW2 comes to mind which when released had plenty of content to do at level cap than just 'raid or die'.

By they way the question is not whether how many other MMOS release with more content at lvl cap but when will companies learn that this norm doesn't work anymore and this is exactly the reason why P2P MMOS lose majority of their playerbase in couple of months after release.

Originally posted by JudgeUK

You say this wasn't meant to be a troll post - yet you feel inclined to label the vast majority as stupid, you intentionally used the wrong development company name, again with a  derisory typical garbage description. Still reading down and complete idiots crops up - again aimed at the player base.

Consdiering all the stupidness I have seen being done at level cap, I think I have a right to complain. Those players are holding back my progression, and it bugs me even more that I can't even kick the bad players from dungeon parties I am in.

or

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Have you even followed the game...... I mean...... AT ALL?

Yes right now there is only Group and Raid content at lvl50! As was the outline and first focus all along, as it was requested by the community to be released first. People appareantly want these gear treadmills. So be it.

The incoming 2.1 patch is going to add the first step of Housing to the game and extra content.

After that they also plan to add mini games and other features, like Chocobo breeding, etc.

Originally posted by JeroKane

Have you even followed the game...... I mean...... AT ALL?

Yes right now there is only Group and Raid content at lvl50! As was the outline and first focus all along, as it was requested by the community to be released first. People appareantly want these gear treadmills. So be it.

The incoming 2.1 patch is going to add the first step of Housing to the game and extra content.

After that they also plan to add mini games and other features, like Chocobo breeding, etc.

For one thing there is NO RAIDS in the game till the 2.1 patch (unless bahamuts coil is more than a 8 man thing). I just feel the 2.1 patch is gonna be too little too late, on my server a massive percent of the population has quit already, some of them might come back and sub but I am guessing most of them won't because there have been alot of people bored with the game. The problem mainly is the game just allowed people to hit 50 way to fast, its what happens when you design a mmo to be a solo game for the most part. Back before Abyysea in ff11 it took a decent amount of time to hit 75. Now u can go from 1 to 99 in a day on a 2nd job or something. You can go from lv 35 to 50 in 1 day running fates in coerthas in ff14.

On Faerie a new server opened in open beta, alot of people already have mutiple level 50's just because of how easy it is to hit it. The worst thing a current gen mmo can do is let people hit level cap too quickly, because as you said, they just don't have the content to retain people. Only stuff I haven't ran on my 50 has been HM garuda and titan, and thats because I am waiting till I need to kill them for my warriors relic weapon, and Bahamuts coil. Coil needs like relic and full iLvl 70 darklight gear to even have a remote chance of being done. Its an 8 man dungeon I think.. just guessing here, cyas afaik there are no actual raids yet. By the time 2.1 hits you will probally be able to do bahamuts coil easly, they will probally nerf it for casuals cuz they really lack the time to spend farming mythic tomestones for ilvl 90 npc gear. They have a dumb 300/week limit on the stones and the cheapest gear I think is 400-475. Its just a biliant stall tactic because SE knows there is really not much to do at 50.

or

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    SNIP

For one thing there is NO RAIDS in the game till the 2.1 patch (unless bahamuts coil is more than a 8 man thing). I just feel the 2.1 patch is gonna be too little too late, on my server a massive percent of the population has quit already, some of them might come back and sub but I am guessing most of them won't because there have been alot of people bored with the game. The problem mainly is the game just allowed people to hit 50 way to fast, its what happens when you design a mmo to be a solo game for the most part. Back before Abyysea in ff11 it took a decent amount of time to hit 75. Now u can go from 1 to 99 in a day on a 2nd job or something. You can go from lv 35 to 50 in 1 day running fates in coerthas in ff14.

On Faerie a new server opened in open beta, alot of people already have mutiple level 50's just because of how easy it is to hit it. The worst thing a current gen mmo can do is let people hit level cap too quickly, because as you said, they just don't have the content to retain people. Only stuff I haven't ran on my 50 has been HM garuda and titan, and thats because I am waiting till I need to kill them for my warriors relic weapon, and Bahamuts coil. Coil needs like relic and full iLvl 70 darklight gear to even have a remote chance of being done. Its an 8 man dungeon I think.. just guessing here, cyas afaik there are no actual raids yet. By the time 2.1 hits you will probally be able to do bahamuts coil easly, they will probally nerf it for casuals cuz they really lack the time to spend farming mythic tomestones for ilvl 90 npc gear. They have a dumb 300/week limit on the stones and the cheapest gear I think is 400-475. Its just a biliant stall tactic because SE knows there is really not much to do at 50.

I am sorry, but I am still facing a small log in Queue every evening when I log onto my server!

And that is EU prime time on a US designated server.

I see overcrowded zones With People enjoying themselves, leveling up still and People fighting over quest mobs lol.

What you mean is, the Legacy players who kept their lvl50 chars and didn´t reroll ( I am Legacy myself and rerolled to start fresh) are now bored!

What you mean is, the powerlevelers and People exploting/camping FAITHs 24/7 and rushed a single class to lvl50 cap are now bored!

Doesn´t mean it´s the vast majority AT ALL!  The vast majority is still enjoying the game at a slower pace and are far from the cap!  I am lvl29 on my Main Gladiator myself. Still have to get my conjurer up to 15, so I can soon start the Paladin job unlock!

Done some dabling in gathering and crafting.  Looking forward to start leveling up my Companion as well when I Reach 30 tonight.

Hell, they just resumed digital sales again, so more New People are coming in.

The moment I start seeing empty zones, don´t get Dungeon Groups anymore and not sell anything on AH anymore.... Yeah then I will start to get worried!

But so far there is ZERO indication as to any of it yet.

So...... overdramatising a bit perhaps?  Nothing New after launch of each MMO mind you.  People racing to the cap after each release and then firing up the "Drama Queen" record.  /Shrug

• Agrias34Agrias34 Member UncommonPosts: 147

I hit level 50 a week ago and am still playing 8+ hours a day without losing interest whatsoever.  The problem today is, people are used to having too many things to do in MMO's, aka WoW, which has been out for years now. 

In patch 2.1, they are adding in the 4v4 and 8v8 arenas PvP, as well as the first 24 man raid.

I really feel like this game is an altaholic's dream come true, with only needing 1 character to play everything.  I'm 50 summoner/scholar, 43 warrior, 42 bard, 30 conjurer, 26 thaumaturge, 50 alchemist, 10-15 on all the other crafts, and 20-25 on the rest of the DoW/DoM classes.

Everyone who just plays 1 class, gets to 50 and can't find anything to do is because the game is still being developed and patch 2.1 is closer than you think.  Take it easy and play casually, craft, level up other classes, find a good FC or LS to chat with and do things you normally wouldn't do.

So...... overdramatising a bit perhaps?  Nothing New after launch of each MMO mind you.  People racing to the cap after each release and then firing up the "Drama Queen" record.  /Shrug

Except the part where I never rushed? if I did I would have been 50 over 2 weeks ago. I been 50 about a week just doing mostly quests, you do not see the problem because your only level 29, get to 50, and start to level a 2nd class past 15, and you'll see why I say its boring. No more quests other than class/job ones every 5th level, nothing but fates, or leves, or running dungeons that don't really net enough exp (the dungeons i mean, they have a realllly bad exp to time ratio). So unless your idea of fun is following around a zerg of people brainlessly clearing the Fates, Your going to be pretty bored after 50 as well most likely. I thought the game was pretty good myself until after I hit 50, and decided to level a 2nd class past 15 and then relized how boring it was. I also dabbled in some endgame stuff, pretty boring run same dungeon over and over for tokens, which the mythic ones for the decent gear have a 300 per rl week cap, and most of the gear takes 2-3 weeks of spamming the same dungeon atm to get them. Amdapor Keep is really not fun after you've ran it so many times you lost count. its even worse than the 2nd boss is a dps check boss, and half the time your dps just aren't up to par gearwise and you end up wasting your time entirely. For Amdapor Keep I highly suggest you do not use duty finder unless u already have a full party. I've had horrible luck with random pugs and that dungeon.

or

Originally posted by Agrias34

I hit level 50 a week ago and am still playing 8+ hours a day without losing interest whatsoever.  The problem today is, people are used to having too many things to do in MMO's, aka WoW, which has been out for years now. 

In patch 2.1, they are adding in the 4v4 and 8v8 arenas PvP, as well as the first 24 man raid.

I really feel like this game is an altaholic's dream come true, with only needing 1 character to play everything.  I'm 50 summoner/scholar, 43 warrior, 42 bard, 30 conjurer, 26 thaumaturge, 50 alchemist, 10-15 on all the other crafts, and 20-25 on the rest of the DoW/DoM classes.

Everyone who just plays 1 class, gets to 50 and can't find anything to do is because the game is still being developed and patch 2.1 is closer than you think.  Take it easy and play casually, craft, level up other classes, find a good FC or LS to chat with and do things you normally wouldn't do.

How are you not bored when all there is to do really is spam fates or leves, I don't get it. Been trying to get my glad to 22 for provoke to set on my warrior and I keep falling asleep trying to level it due to how boring it is. I would do leves but trying to save those for dol/doh classes. So my only option really is fates. This is not even a lv 50 problem, its the lack of other things to do on a 2nd class. Like I said in another post I loved the game when i was on route to 50 with my first char, but leveling a 2nd class the game just feels devoid of content.

or

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879

GW2 comes to mind which when released had plenty of content to do at level cap than just 'raid or die'.

By they way the question is not whether how many other MMOS release with more content at lvl cap but when will companies learn that this norm doesn't work anymore and this is exactly the reason why P2P MMOS lose majority of their playerbase in couple of months after release.

Oh no  you didn't just mention GW2 to Purutzil!

• TissmogiTissmogi Member Posts: 177

1. Get a Relic weapon for your Job

2. Do coils of Bahamut and figure out how many stages it really has because we don't even know how big this end game is.

3. Come back and tell us there is no content after you finished that.

• HatefullHatefull Member EpicPosts: 2,502

I won't comment on the rest of your post but this struck home.

I have seen more...well honestly just bad players in this game than anywhere else. I have no idea what is so hard about hitting MARKED targets, getting out of shit on the floor, and just doing the basics. You try to gently explain to them what they SHOULD be doing and it turns into a caustic 'you're a noob' fight. The arrogance mixed with incompetence is amazing in this game.

I really do not understand it at all. But from what I have seen there is an inordinate amount of just honestly, trash players in this game.

If you want a new idea, go read an old book.

In order to be insulted, I must first value your opinion.

• KaiyeKaiye Member UncommonPosts: 31

Wow, I can't believe that I was actually shocked to read the original post.  As it was put in an earlier reply, you rushed to fifty - again as noted - probably grinding the hell out of FATES - and now you're bored.  I can only think of COUNTLESS other MMORPG releases where people rushed to the end game and get bored because they have capped their level.  You (and by you, I mean these people who are constantly the small minority that do this) should realize that the game was JUST RELEASED.  Patch 2.1 coming a bit too late?  You realize that developers can't just wave a magic wand and that content is created.  There are phases that development goes through - quality testing - translation - debugging - ect. 

There is plenty of content there (or for any MMORPG that is just released), maybe if you slowed down and smelt the roses along the way you'd have more enjoyment with the game while the developers are hard at work making other content.  Now I could care less what happens to FFXIV - or any other MMORPG for that matter.  I don't care if they sink or swim because there will always be a replacement for that game at some point.  But if you RUIN the experience by rushing through the game, it's your fault.  Don't blame the developers.  I have no idea what people are expecting of developers - they have created a game that is meant to be enjoyed and played through, it's your decision if you wish to rush through it and hit the end.  If you decide that, then it should be understood that you'll have to wait for future content.  Rome wasn't built in a day.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

I'll be subbing without a doubt. My crafting professions (I'm doing all of them) are mostly around L20-25 now. My DoL's (doing all 3) are all around L25. My Marauder is around L25 (got no other combat classes yet).

By the time 2.1 rolls around, I should just about be approaching L50 on some of my crafters... image

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

Consdiering all the stupidness I have seen being done at level cap, I think I have a right to complain. Those players are holding back my progression, and it bugs me even more that I can't even kick the bad players from dungeon parties I am in.

If you can find people who are prepared to put up with your frequent insults, join a Company and run with them. I'm sure there must be some out there who likewise blame everyone else in whatever group they are in. Doing that and you remove all your issues on other players. Find the right Company and you can spend all your time moaning together about other players, content, quests, story line...

But honestly, if you have so many dislikes about this game - just give it up. stop the backwards and forwards posting. The game is obviously not for you. Anyone who feels differently  you feel the need to argue against them.

Take a break, uninstall, move on. You'll probably feel a lot better for it.

Again, I didn't rush, I just did main story and side quests as I seen them. and the odd fate I came across while questing, if that is somehow rushing, I don't know what you consider not rushing is. if I rushed I would have been 50 like days after release. I've been 50 on my war for about 1.5 weeks. It does not take long to level if you do the quests and go into any fates you see on the way while heading to your quest targets. But even doing what I did, I still felt the game let you hit cap far to fast. You can go from 35 to 50 in a day doing fates, people have done it, I'll prob HAVE to do it on my 2nd class, since there is really no other way to level, But I find grinding fates about as enjoyable as watching grass grow. I hate the entire fate system as a whole and think it should never have stayed out of beta. Then again if there was no fates you'd be totally screwed for lving a second job, since its the only real way to level them. Well that or Leves.

I don't get why everyone assumes I rushed when all I just did was main story and side quests I found along the way, while doing the fates I happend to see while running towards a quest objective.

or

• Ahil6Ahil6 Member UncommonPosts: 18

If it's that bad for you, just go to a different game, rather than continue to argue how it sucks after 50 for 3 pages.

Have a good time, if it's not good, do something else.

Unless this is the only game you own, have on your computer, and are allowed to play.

If you can find people who are prepared to put up with your frequent insults, join a Company and run with them. I'm sure there must be some out there who likewise blame everyone else in whatever group they are in. Doing that and you remove all your issues on other players. Find the right Company and you can spend all your time moaning together about other players, content, quests, story line...

But honestly, if you have so many dislikes about this game - just give it up. stop the backwards and forwards posting. The game is obviously not for you. Anyone who feels differently  you feel the need to argue against them.

Take a break, uninstall, move on. You'll probably feel a lot better for it.

I dunno, everyone says I am a great tank, I avoid aoe's, interupt what I need to and use my defensive skills to reduce damage taken and such, and never lose threat. So I highly doubt I am the problem here. I'm not the dps that stands in aoe's and doesn't even try to avoid em on bosses, or the dps that comes to stuff undergeared (only really an issue in amdapor keep due to the 2nd boss, but bascally if the dps don't have certan average item level of gear your not killing that boss due to the nature of the fight. Look it up on youtube for an example), or the ones who don't even know how to play their class properly (monks and dragoons are notorious for this for their dps to be good they need to move from the side to the back for positionals, most don't bother from what I seen, or they just stand in either the side or back and never weave between them like they should be to maximize performance). Someone else who has reply in this thread has also said that the game as a whole has alot of really bad players, so its not just me who noticed it, even in my fc we've talked about it and they have said it too.

Its gotten to the point that I don't use duty finder much to find parties anymore because you never know what your gonna get, sometimes you get lucky with good players, but most of the time you end up with ones that just are well.. bad. I've had dungeons where leaving one of the dps dead actually let us complete the boss fight much easier because said dps kept dying by standing in easly avoidable aoe's aka they were just a bad player, then we wipe because the healer runs out of mana constantly resing them.

But yeah, maybe a break will do me good take a break for a week or something, I have crysta on my acct to sub so I am always ready to do so. We'll see.

Other than the not much to do when lving a 2nd and beyond combat class deal, my next biggest issue is just how bad the majority of the players are. I actually enjoy the crafting and gathering side of the game, I love taking out miner or botanist, watching some breaking bad eps or something on my monitor while mining or chopping trees for stuff. Mind you both of those classes aren't very exciting. Honestly I just love the graphical effect and sound when you get a HQ gather XD.

or