Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Digital Downloads from Square Enix Resume

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

After three weeks of stopping digital sales, Square Enix has announced via Twitter that digital copies of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn have resumed.

#FINALFANTASY XIV digital downloads are again available via our online store! #FFXIV http://t.co/zZ7OAOSedd pic.twitter.com/wIrSkrae9Q

— Square Enix Members (@SQEX_Members_NA) September 16, 2013

Grab yours while you can!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123
    after 3weeks of waiting im not interrested in this game anymore saddly
  • gamerkid78gamerkid78 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Ok...great. When will the Playstation Network digital sales of the PS3 version start up?
  • drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856
    ITS ABOUT TIME!(grin)
  • Darknessguy64Darknessguy64 Member Posts: 233
    Originally posted by zipzap
    after 3weeks of waiting im not interrested in this game anymore sadly

Wow, three whole weeks?

You were never interested. So you actually saved yourself $30. I guess that's a win for you since it would have been wasted otherwise. Consider yourself lucky.

• gamerkid78gamerkid78 Member UncommonPosts: 8
    Originally posted by Vivasvan

omg i was going to get it but now im not sure..

does it have flying mounts?  (seriously after seeing them work in wow i just need these)

does it have raids (i need these)

do u have an immersive water world .. i.e can you swim under water etc.

please let me know

LOL, water-world. Not sure if your being sarcastic or if your actually serious. Funny though.

• zipzapzipzap Member Posts: 123
    Originally posted by Darknessguy64
    after 3weeks of waiting im not interrested in this game anymore sadly

Wow, three whole weeks?

You were never interested. So you actually saved yourself $30. I guess that's a win for you since it would have been wasted otherwise. Consider yourself lucky.

i never was? guess that was news for me as iwas updating their site quite often in hope of news.

i only skipped the release buy as ive bought too many game on release or preorder which has turned me down. but youre right about saving the money at least

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

I tried to buy it last week. A spur of the moment thing. I think I've learned enough to know that the game is most likely not for me. Yet and still, I'm curious about the crafting and the class system.

The biggest obstacles for me now are the thought of questing/fating to level cap, and the lack of a viable pvp concept. Yes I did see that beta pvp video. Who knows though. The impulse bug could bite me again.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849
    Great game, if you haven't already bought this jump on it! Only if you like themeparks though......
    • Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• gatherisgatheris Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

no, don't buy this!

pretty selfish of me really

i had to queue everytime i logged in this last weekend (never had to wait long though)

• TsumoroTsumoro Member UncommonPosts: 435

Don't cut your nose of to spite your face mate. If you like MMO's (and chances are that you do as you are on here) then you could be missing out on a good experience for yourself. Ultimately it's your choice, but I just feel your answer is more to do with a spite towards SE because they took digital sales down. 

For example, I can't buy all the game I want on release, on a limited income at the moment. But, just because months might pass doesn't stop me wanting to play and try those games out. Same goes for MMO's also. So, do yourself a favor get on board and have some fun, or give it a miss because you're looking for a different MMO to fill your itch. 

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    when I checked last (yesterday) you could still not create new characters on several servers so this sort of sucks for those still wanting to get the game to play with friends on those servers. For the rest this is awesome though.
  • JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

I will still wait a few more days and see how it goes.

When i jump to the game, i want to play everytime i want, without qeues and any kind of restrictions  :)

Wait untill now, can wait a few more days.

• NetSageNetSage Member UncommonPosts: 1,059
    Originally posted by Jabas

When i jump to the game, i want to play everytime i want, without qeues and any kind of restrictions  :)

I would then wait until the first free month is over and since they added another week to that I would say wait till the 30th or the first.  As I still get some small queues during the day on leviathan at least.  And that's before they resumed sales of the game.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    If you love dungeon crawls that require real teams you will love this game. If you like crafting that matters to the game mechanics. This is the game for you. The old school raider in me is having a blast =-)
  • PostcardsPostcards Member Posts: 105
    If you're the type to level a lot of alts, this game may be for you. I already got 3 jobs unlocked (only one is at level 50 though).
  • icculus2112icculus2112 Member Posts: 105
    Originally posted by NetSage
    Originally posted by Jabas

I would then wait until the first free month is over and since they added another week to that I would say wait till the 30th or the first.  As I still get some small queues during the day on leviathan at least.  And that's before they resumed sales of the game.

The free month being over is meaningless.   People who dont renew generally dont keep logging in until the very last day, that would signify they like the game and would most likely sub

• sumo0sumo0 Member UncommonPosts: 115
    No wonder since that many people are starting to leave even before the initial month is done.

Closed off world all the way. Bad map design. No real reason to farm mobs. etc etc etc.

And no swimming.

Oh, and only 1 instance for farming aswell (Amdapor Keep). I must have done that instance more than 60 times to get the gear that is NOT farmable in instance. You buy gear with tokens you earn in the instance.
    There are other instances aswell that dont drop any loot other than tokens to buy gear for.

I have too many reasons to not play this game.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    While I admit my hours are a bit different from most people - I haven't seen a queue or had a problem logging in, in weeks. Glad to see we're going to be able to bring some more friends in now.
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

I have lost all interest after 3 normal days of playing ... have not logged back and will not in future. And to think have purchased ARR copy along with 1.0 just to be ready to play my once beloved FF series. Snif.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by daltanious

I have lost all interest after 3 normal days of playing ... have not logged back and will not in future. And to think have purchased ARR copy along with 1.0 just to be ready to play my once beloved FF series. Snif.

no game pleases everyone

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

Good to see sales resuming.  I've been playing since beta and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

I recommend this to anyone even mildly interested.  The game will not start opening up till lvl 15 though, so a little patience is required.

• BoltonsquadBoltonsquad Member UncommonPosts: 403

Game is fantastic will be getting my 2nd account today for increased market sales, I would recommend this game to anyone who loves in depth MMORPG's.

However if you enjoy WoW mode easy content do not try this game because the Hard Modes are actually HARD!

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    They never can get things quite right...
  • kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    They never can get things quite right...

Care to elaborate??

• methosxmethosx Member UncommonPosts: 7
    Originally posted by Wolfhammer

Good to see sales resuming.  I've been playing since beta and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself.

I recommend this to anyone even mildly interested.  The game will not start opening up till lvl 15 though, so a little patience is required.

I agree with you there. The first 15 levels are relatively bland, but once you get more systems unlocked $@#! gets REAL!