Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

BARD Class or at least skills.

SNAFUdamusSNAFUdamus Ballston Spa, NYPosts: 56Member

So with this game supposedly not having any classes and being totally skill based.

 

My question is will there be a BARD to play or make?

 

Will there be BARD skills we can add to a thief base class for instance? Could you focus on being a BARD instead of one of the mishmash characters that there are bound to be?

Comments

  • muffins89muffins89 Yakima, WAPosts: 1,306Member Uncommon
    there are hundreds of skills to learn and choose from.  i'm sure some of those will allow you to be a "bard."  you can also play the lute.  if that's what you're into.

    I think the prostitute mod corrupted your game files man. -elhefen

  • TibbzTibbz Houston, TXPosts: 619Member
    Originally posted by muffins89
    there are hundreds of skills to learn and choose from.  i'm sure some of those will allow you to be a "bard."  you can also play the lute.  if that's what you're into.

    I plan on joining "raids" and just playing the lute.  My fellow players will enjoy my lute playing as they wack at a raid mob that is NOT a dragon.  

     

    HEHE, seriously though, I do believe and hope, there will be some sort of bard-ish support paths to take.  

    image
  • svannsvann san jose, CAPosts: 1,639Member Uncommon

    In past ES games bard didnt have much to do with lutes.  In morrowind bard had

    Major skills: speechcraft, alchemy, acrobatics, long blade, block

    minor skills:  mercantile, illusion, medium armor, enchant, security

  • Kayo45Kayo45 Neverland, AKPosts: 293Member
    Never heard of a Bard in ES ... minstrels maybe? Then again even they seem to just be fluff in the previous games. Never played any ES before Morrowind so I could be wrong but there has never been a music based skill tree AFAIK. Not even Oblivion ... and that one had a skillup for running! They'll likely be focusing on the most common schools... Destruction, Restoration, 2H, Bows, Block, Stealth etc.
  • IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Ellicott City, MDPosts: 157Member
    Originally posted by svann

    In past ES games bard didnt have much to do with lutes.  In morrowind bard had

    Major skills: speechcraft, alchemy, acrobatics, long blade, block

    minor skills:  mercantile, illusion, medium armor, enchant, security

    until Skyrim :)

    gameplay > graphics

  • SNAFUdamusSNAFUdamus Ballston Spa, NYPosts: 56Member

    Well recent events have answered this.

     

    You can 1 of 4 classes and choose from a bunch of skills that all look the same so no bards that is for sure.

     

    Looks like it is turning out to be just as shallow as 99% of the MMOs out there.

  • GorweGorwe Ald'RuhnPosts: 2,473Member Uncommon
    Yeah. What a gigantic shame.

    Concerning Morrowind:

    The order of skills was important as well(it was supposed to be read top-down) and with Speechcraft being the very first skill of Bards and storytelling being very much a Speechcraft kind of thing...connect the dots. And it is technologically handicaped so...yeah.

    Anegdote: I remember trying to play the instruments in LoTRO. It suffices to say that it sounded like someone was scraping the metal pot with a metal spoon. It was...laugh your ears off kind of thing. xD
  • SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,455Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by IridescentOrk
    Originally posted by svann

    In past ES games bard didnt have much to do with lutes.  In morrowind bard had

    Major skills: speechcraft, alchemy, acrobatics, long blade, block

    minor skills:  mercantile, illusion, medium armor, enchant, security

    until Skyrim :)

    with mods.

  • svannsvann san jose, CAPosts: 1,639Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Yeah. What a gigantic shame.

    Concerning Morrowind:

    The order of skills was important as well(it was supposed to be read top-down) and with Speechcraft being the very first skill of Bards and storytelling being very much a Speechcraft kind of thing...connect the dots. And it is technologically handicaped so...yeah.

    Anegdote: I remember trying to play the instruments in LoTRO. It suffices to say that it sounded like someone was scraping the metal pot with a metal spoon. It was...laugh your ears off kind of thing. xD

    There were many players that played very well.

Sign In or Register to comment.