Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

BARD Class or at least skills.

SNAFUdamusSNAFUdamus Member UncommonPosts: 59

So with this game supposedly not having any classes and being totally skill based.

My question is will there be a BARD to play or make?

Will there be BARD skills we can add to a thief base class for instance? Could you focus on being a BARD instead of one of the mishmash characters that there are bound to be?

Comments

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    there are hundreds of skills to learn and choose from.  i'm sure some of those will allow you to be a "bard."  you can also play the lute.  if that's what you're into.
  • TibbzTibbz Member UncommonPosts: 613
    Originally posted by muffins89
    there are hundreds of skills to learn and choose from.  i'm sure some of those will allow you to be a "bard."  you can also play the lute.  if that's what you're into.

I plan on joining "raids" and just playing the lute.  My fellow players will enjoy my lute playing as they wack at a raid mob that is NOT a dragon.  

HEHE, seriously though, I do believe and hope, there will be some sort of bard-ish support paths to take.  

• svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230

In past ES games bard didnt have much to do with lutes.  In morrowind bard had

Major skills: speechcraft, alchemy, acrobatics, long blade, block

minor skills:  mercantile, illusion, medium armor, enchant, security

• Kayo45Kayo45 Member Posts: 293
    Never heard of a Bard in ES ... minstrels maybe? Then again even they seem to just be fluff in the previous games. Never played any ES before Morrowind so I could be wrong but there has never been a music based skill tree AFAIK. Not even Oblivion ... and that one had a skillup for running! They'll likely be focusing on the most common schools... Destruction, Restoration, 2H, Bows, Block, Stealth etc.
  • IridescentOrkIridescentOrk Member Posts: 157
    Originally posted by svann

until Skyrim :)

gameplay > graphics

• SNAFUdamusSNAFUdamus Member UncommonPosts: 59

Well recent events have answered this.

You can 1 of 4 classes and choose from a bunch of skills that all look the same so no bards that is for sure.

Looks like it is turning out to be just as shallow as 99% of the MMOs out there.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Originally posted by IridescentOrk
    Originally posted by svann

until Skyrim :)

with mods.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • svannsvann Member RarePosts: 2,230
    Originally posted by Gorwe
    Yeah. What a gigantic shame.

Concerning Morrowind:

The order of skills was important as well(it was supposed to be read top-down) and with Speechcraft being the very first skill of Bards and storytelling being very much a Speechcraft kind of thing...connect the dots. And it is technologically handicaped so...yeah.

Anegdote: I remember trying to play the instruments in LoTRO. It suffices to say that it sounded like someone was scraping the metal pot with a metal spoon. It was...laugh your ears off kind of thing. xD

There were many players that played very well.