Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New datamined info from Diablofans.com!

SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9947394894

Tons of good stuff here! Looks like the upcoming patches and expansion are going to be pretty awesome. 

Comments

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Yeah. I already sold most of my main toon's gear on the RMAH, and have enough  so the expansion is going to be free to me.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    I've been reading it the last few days, where did they get this info from though?  To dats-mine you need the game files etc.
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    Search D3 on ebay, there are tons of in game items for sale. This is getting crazy
    Originally posted by Rockniss
    Search D3 on ebay, there are tons of in game items for sale. This is getting crazy

There are no D3 items on ebay

Originally posted by expresso
    I've been reading it the last few days, where did they get this info from though?  To dats-mine you need the game files etc.

PTR?

• RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034

Yes there are and services, type Diablo 3 in search you will find in game items and power leveling services its completely unbelievable yet at the same time believable. Can you imagine a completely out of game market? Jeez whats next? Sort of makes you sick.
  • neosapienceneosapience Member Posts: 164

Ugh, I so freaking hate blizzard now... They turned a dark, adult oriented adventure game into a kid oriented funtime action game (complete with bonus rounds!). I guess that's what happens when you aren't creative enough to produce any real content.

So glad I sold all my gear.

Yes there are and services, type Diablo 3 in search you will find in game items and power leveling services its completely unbelievable yet at the same time believable. Can you imagine a completely out of game market? Jeez whats next? Sort of makes you sick.

Why? When there is value, there is a market. I remember all the EQ stuff on ebay at EQ's hey day too.

In fact, if not for the RMAH, there will be even MORE D3 stuff on ebay.

In 5 pages on ebay uk I saw 1 posting for xbox Diablo 3 gold, and that wont be up there for long once it's reported.  Hardly call it out of control... just saying.

• TheMaahesTheMaahes Member Posts: 185
    Originally posted by neosapience

Ugh, I so freaking hate blizzard now... They turned a dark, adult oriented adventure game into a kid oriented funtime action game (complete with bonus rounds!). I guess that's what happens when you aren't creative enough to produce any real content.

So glad I sold all my gear.

Expecting innovation from Blizzard isn't a realistic viewpoint. They may change something and claim it as innovative, but it rarely (if ever) is adopted as a truly required step forward for the genre of the game. I'm not a Starcraft player, but the Diablo and WoW IPs follow this rule of thumb almost to a T. They do not innovate, they popularize.

Also, there was a decade between D2 and D3 in which the aRPG sub-genre evolved drastically. While around D2's time, aRPGs may have been played for the setting, story, or character progression (as a more traditional RPG), in D3's time they are played purely for killing mobs and collecting loot. Throwing hate at Blizzard for following an evolutionary path is petty (one they helped create no less).

Diablo is still technically an adult franchise, but yes it's atmosphere and setting have diminished greatly due to a number of reasons. It still is enjoyable though and it seems like in the expansion we will get so see some old characters and some interesting new ones. I'm excited to see Mephisto again and hopefully in his own form (that's not his real one in D2), but even better is Lilith..... M.I.L.F!

EDIT: Posting needs to stop putting everything in bold.

Originally posted by TheMaahes

Diablo is still technically an adult franchise, but yes it's atmosphere and setting have diminished greatly due to a number of reasons. It still is enjoyable though and it seems like in the expansion we will get so see some old characters and some interesting new ones. I'm excited to see Mephisto again and hopefully in his own form (that's not his real one in D2), but even better is Lilith..... M.I.L.F!

I find D3 much more enjoyable than D2 just because it is more polished, and you can experiment with builds easier.

Personally, a darker atmosphere makes little difference to me in a ARPG, as long as combat is fun and loot is cool (arguably D3 loot needs improvement, but it has been improving and the best is yet to come).

• LiddokunLiddokun Member UncommonPosts: 1,665
    I'm very interested in the feature to be able to travel between acts. It's one of the most requested feature.