Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whoever wants to try this game

Comments

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Speaking of "boring" sidequests: I laughed out loud when I was asked to use (Spoiler warning)  cactuar piss on certain cadavers in the desert. XD
  • MysteryBMysteryB Member UncommonPosts: 355
    Your opinion is your own but I don't see eye to eye with you.

1. Quest system isn't new but no game has made a better quest system, any mmo out there is like this.

2. Story is great for an mmo even though reading can be a pain its interesting.

3. Graphics are breathtaking in some areas and great everywhere else, better than guild wars 2 by a long shot

Mystery Bounty

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610
    Originally posted by KoreanSoWhat

This is my first impression of playing first 2 hours of this game.

Quest system : identical to original wow, but slightly less kind, quest line doesn't match map flow very well, so it's geographically more confusing than wow, which is not a good thing for theme park game. (this is theme park game.) 

Story telling : identical to SWTOR, plus excessive loading is annoying.

Class system : similar to games like Eden Eternal. Nothing new.

Graphic : is ok, not great.

Why this game is so popular now?

I have no idea. But my guess is that,

1. it is attractive to Final Fantasy fans. I haven't played any of FF series (I tried, but it wasn't really my thing.), so I guess I can be objective or even critical to FF environment.

2. end game contents 'may' be cool. But it is a long way for a gamer who's worn down by similar games.

So, conclusion is this.

Do not expect anything new. There is no new contents for new players. If you are looking for something new, you will be disappointed.

But if you are just looking for something to spend your  time mindlessly, 29$ isn't really a loss for this content imo.

If you like Japanese style fantasy world, you may even love this game. (I don't like them.)

Personally, I am not sure if I can keep leveling my char to max level. I was already bored after 2 hours.

You seem to have no concept of learning curve, come back when you reach 50 and give it a proper review.....

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• funconfuncon Member UncommonPosts: 279
    This game is WoW with Asian style graphics.
  • SnarkRitterSnarkRitter Member Posts: 316
    Originally posted by mcrippins

Please give an example of a good quest, and an mmo with better graphics.

Guild Wars 2?

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

What is measure of bad game ?

Could we agree its the game that you download it longer than you play it before uninstalling ?

This was one of those games for me...

• degandersondeganderson Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Professor78

This is my first impression of playing first 2 hours of this game......

You seem to have no concept of learning curve, come back when you reach 50 and give it a proper review.....

You seem to be unable to understand sentences longer than 5 words professor so here's one with four; Its a first impression. 

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

If you don't like Asian style fantasy world, why did you even bother buying a FF game??

Next time you want to post your conclusions and give people advice in forums about a game and specially a MMORPG, try to invest more than 2 hours and some people might take you seriously.

• RiboflavinRiboflavin Member Posts: 44

Well I won't be Mr popular with my comments but,.... i agree with the OP on some things. This game will die quickly.

The graphics and sounds are wonderful,... good. 

That being said,.... the community is terrible. 90 percent of the 1000s of people running around dont say a word. They are quest zombies running around, grabbing the ! and kill x of y, etc. 

There is no point in ever making another character,..... you better name yourself well, better spend an hour or so on making the character, because there will never be a reason to reroll, you can do everything on one toon.

You leave town and you see level 1 turtle, level 2 rabbit, level 3 f rog,... really,..... REALLY? terrible. just terrible. Seeing the levels in the header and how every 50 feet there is another mob one level higher seems so cheap.

The crafting is fun,... but will die soon. No one needs the items, the quests give people so much, and dungeon items are better. People can farm mats faster than are used by the crafting. People use the items crafted much less than can be crafted. Everything will be 1 gil soon. The players that still will have level 50 everything and not need anyone. 

It is far too easy to level even for casual players. Leveling gives minimal sense of accomplishment because of this. 

Overall the good graphics and exploding population make the game seem fun, but the community is very hollow. The graphics will not make up for the lack of sense of progression. Nothing you attain feels as if it was an accomplishment. 

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Quest system : identical to original wow, but slightly less kind, quest line doesn't match map flow very well, so it's geographically more confusing than wow, which is not a good thing for theme park game. (this is theme park game.) 

1. it is attractive to Final Fantasy fans. I haven't played any of FF series (I tried, but it wasn't really my thing.), so I guess I can be objective or even critical to FF environment.

2. end game contents 'may' be cool. But it is a long way for a gamer who's worn down by similar games.

So, conclusion is this.

Do not expect anything new. There is no new contents for new players. If you are looking for something new, you will be disappointed.

But if you are just looking for something to spend your  time mindlessly, 29$ isn't really a loss for this content imo.

If you like Japanese style fantasy world, you may even love this game. (I don't like them.)

Personally, I am not sure if I can keep leveling my char to max level. I was already bored after 2 hours.

Your admitted bias renders your OP useless and besides...everything you said is just wrong.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• tort0429tort0429 Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by Oberholzer
    OP, glad you really put in some time before posting a review...........2 whole hours, where did you find the time?

LOL!!!  Sometimes the replies are better then the original OP post.  

LOL!!!!  Thanks for the laugh.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

So, conclusion is this.

Could tell by the first four words of your "quest system" remark how this post was gonna go lol. I would counter to anyone reading this post to try the game yourself and form an opinion. And please..... Give it more then 2 hours.

• SkymourneSkymourne Member UncommonPosts: 380
    Originally posted by DMKano

Originally posted by Skymourne

Originally posted by marinrider

Originally posted by Skymourne The class system, or Job system was developed by Final Fantasy many years ago.  You crediting it to Eden Eternal is insulting.  You haven't played final fantasy games, therefore you would never have known that.  Stop making snap judgements when you know nothing.
      I'm sorry, he never said EE did it first. He simply said it is LIKE EE. It gives people without FF experience a frame of reference if they are familiar with EE.  Take a breath. He wasn't insulting your precious IP.
    Well the vitriol from you was completely unnecessary.    

I am failing to see what was so cruel and bitter about his response to deserve a vitriol label.

The last two sentences.  They were seething with condescension and poison.  Why you are even commenting about it is beyond me.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

So, conclusion is this.

The reason that it's popular is that people played it more than 2 hrs before reaching a conclusion. Look, if you decided after 2 hrs, it's not your game, I won't tell you you are wrong. I've been there, Played MMOs for less time than it took to download and install. However, Your summary of the game is inaccurate based on only 2 hrs. You don't know the game yet. So it's fine to explain how you didn't like your tutorial and couldn't get past that, but don't tell people what they can expect. Unless you clarify that it's only 2 hrs.

• Aldous.HuxleyAldous.Huxley Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 418
    I can't give less damn.

You don't have to, because I'm giving it 2 fux.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

I can agree mainly on all but please, do not compare story telling marvel of SWTOR to this trash. Yet has to be made game to be even remotely close to swtor lush.

• tkoreapertkoreaper Member UncommonPosts: 412

I don't know whats quests you did, but even though there may be some similarities, it is far from the same. You're not killing 15-30 mobs for 5 drops of an item constantly. I never had an issues finding quests to do along with my story quests, why do things need to be linear? Go out and explore.

Not even close... FFXIV's story is WAY better. The game is also a hell of a lot more lively unlike SWTOR... There's not huge zone/areas with like 10-12 NPC attempting to add to the atmosphere. The game feels and looks very lively.

It's really not so much about the class system... It's about the implementation and use of it.

Compared to what?? The game is absolutely gorgeous and it's hands down the most detailed game I've ever played. You don't need cutting edge, cpu/gpu sucking, cartoony looking graphics to look good.

This is my first FF MMO game and I'm losing it, I can't put it down. I can do so much and I don't feel forced to do one thing... and better yet, i do it all on one character.

Maybe so, but the ride was very enjoyable for me. 

So, conclusion is this.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Originally posted by daltanious

I can agree mainly on all but please, do not compare story telling marvel of SWTOR to this trash. Yet has to be made game to be even remotely close to swtor lush.

LOL, well maybe in your opinion but mine is the opposite swtor was the trash,but hey the voice acting was ok.

Discussion was about voice acting. :-) For you is ok, for me is best ever seen in any mmo. Remember any other game with tough moral choices, like sacrifice innocent trapped people or npc "friend" you have encountered in past mission? Or to spare strong sith opponent which start to learn to be jedi and you encounter him later at the end of game? Few times - game or not - I have been thinking about for days after.

The only complain I hear at all times is that this choices does not influence later gameplay. I do not how could this be possible not to interfere with different choices of other players. So far this if SF matter and I do not bother with that.

But it is for me incredible fun to be able to respond kind or bad and according to this npc react. After swtor I simply can not enjoy any other questing .... once I have been reading quest text, now I just barely read something and skip. Great voice acting was also Aoc, unfort only up to l. 20 and with no moral choices.

Combat is incredibly fun as with Wow, also war, aoc, ....

FF does not have anything from all this. Just beautiful and very small areas. With great weather conditions. Here all ends.

• TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    OP, your opinions have been noted and dismissed. Thanks for sharing.
  • StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by akiira69

I love how you can say an entire game is boring after only playing 2 hours. Its like saying "I know how a novel is going to end after reading the first 10 pages". You know only the starting zone of the game during the first 2 hours. How about leaving it and seeing the rest of the game before you make any snap judgements of the game.

I did just that. I gave it 30+17 levels but it was still as boring as the fist 2 hours so I gave up.

So he's actually pretty spot on.

OP, move on asap imo, don't waste time.

Originally posted by StarI

yes please do move on. don't waste your time or the time of those who enjoy it.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by TribeofOne

Why are you even here if you feel your time is wasted?

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006

Excessive loading and low performance are the things which I have the most problems with. I could complain about too much xp but there are alt classes to level and other jobs to unlock. It feels like a FF game so it hasn't failed in that respect and I'll probly stick with it but maybe they modernized it too much with hotkeys, quest markers etc and they need to finish adding the voice overs in.

The only time I don't have performance issues is straight after a maintenence has completed for about 1 hour it runs at an acceptable rate. Any other time you can forget it with random disconnections and npc's not even showing up without a 5 minute wait or logging out and in afew times. In a full server you have to wait to get out of the queue when that happens. Still better than what I was expecting.

I think that the game is as it was intended to be but needs work as there is an over population of people which is effecting the performance of the game. Looking forward for when the EU/NA server list comes back online right now.

So, maybe spend abit more time in the game and then I might listen to a review from someone.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Originally posted by TribeofOne

Why are you even here if you feel your time is wasted?

who said i did?

why do you even care?

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

So, conclusion is this.

The reason that it's popular is that people played it more than 2 hrs before reaching a conclusion. Look, if you decided after 2 hrs, it's not your game, I won't tell you you are wrong. I've been there, Played MMOs for less time than it took to download and install. However, Your summary of the game is inaccurate based on only 2 hrs. You don't know the game yet. So it's fine to explain how you didn't like your tutorial and couldn't get past that, but don't tell people what they can expect. Unless you clarify that it's only 2 hrs.

If a MMO does't grab you in 2 hours then playing 4 or 5  hours won't make a difference. Starting levels are very crucial so if it doesn't grab you in the beginning players won't continue to play it for some magical level to come along and suck them in.

2 hours is a lot of time to make an assesment about whether you are going t play a MMO long term or not. 

I find it interesting how fans gets so defensive and start talking about how many hours one should put in or what 'level' ' (everyone has their own favorite number) they should reach before making an opinion. 

Time and time again same defensive arguments as if we are stuck in a time loop on these forums.