Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Level 16 and kinda bored... about to quit.

penthepenthe Member Posts: 25

Maybe I'm getting too old for this type of game, I am bored to tears.  I was really into it for 2 days, but now I find myself just doing the story quest.

And everything reminds me Aion, does this game get exciting at some point?

At least on WoW/RIft you get battlegrounds and instances of sorts around level 10.

I just dont want to invest any time in this game if its going to end up a grind fest like Aion was.

Comments

• RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090

The dungeons are pretty fun and well-designed, so once you get into those, it will help the boredom a bit.  Another thing I used to do to break away from the monotony is just hunt BAMS.  Depending on your class, this will give you another option as well.  But as far as the questing...yeah, it doesn't get any better.  In fact, it gets worse.  Much, much worse.  

I enjoyed TERA up until the mid 30's, but the quest grind really started to take its toll on me.  Most of the quests involved killing X amount of mobs, and ironically, this ended up ruining the best part of the game, which was the combat.  No matter how good a game's combat is, if all your quests consists of kill missions, you'll eventually get bored of it.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    If you are bored at level 16 then the game is probably just not for you. With that being said I think you start doing dungeons / instances around level 20 so you may want to continue a bit more  to see how you like them. The best way to play Tera to me is to do the main quest and only do side quest if you need to to level up a bit to unlock the next main quest. If you go around trying to do all those side quest you will burn out fast.
  • scarlettxscarlettx Member Posts: 30
    I love a good quest grind (and I'm into farming too - yes, I'm a weird one) but instances are hella fun too. When do those come into the picture for TERA?
  • RebelScum99RebelScum99 Member Posts: 1,090
    Originally posted by scarlettx
    I love a good quest grind (and I'm into farming too - yes, I'm a weird one) but instances are hella fun too. When do those come into the picture for TERA?

They come around level 20ish.  I'm not gonna lie...instances in this game are very well designed.  I probably had the most fun healing in this game than I've ever had in any game due to the mechanics of the aim-based combat.  Makes the dungeon crawls very cool.

• penthepenthe Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by VastoHorde
    If you are bored at level 16 then the game is probably just not for you. With that being said I think you start doing dungeons / instances around level 20 so you may want to continue a bit more  to see how you like them. The best way to play Tera to me is to do the main quest and only do side quest if you need to to level up a bit to unlock the next main quest. If you go around trying to do all those side quest you will burn out fast.

That's what I was about to start, Ive done every single quest so far (even read them) and I just said ef this and doing the story. Most of the side quests are grey anyway.

On a side note. I made a high elf archer. But Im seeing Castaren's gear looks alot better later on... I was wondering why so many casta's were in the starter area the first time I played, I think I figured out why.

• scarlettxscarlettx Member Posts: 30
    Originally posted by RebelScum99
    Originally posted by scarlettx

They come around level 20ish.  I'm not gonna lie...instances in this game are very well designed.  I probably had the most fun healing in this game than I've ever had in any game due to the mechanics of the aim-based combat.  Makes the dungeon crawls very cool.

That piques my interest straight away, as I've been curious about playing a healer but was too intimidated in WoW (and DPS was just too much fun to turn away from). Maybe I'll give that a go when I inevitably download TERA - if it wasn't for that massively sized downloader that will spank my woefully sized data cap, dammit. ;)

Apologies for hijacking your thread, OP!

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by penthe
    Originally posted by VastoHorde

That's what I was about to start, Ive done every single quest so far (even read them) and I just said ef this and doing the story. Most of the side quests are grey anyway.

On a side note. I made a high elf archer. But Im seeing Castaren's gear looks alot better later on... I was wondering why so many casta's were in the starter area the first time I played, I think I figured out why.

That's the mistake that most people make when playing Tera and thats why you hear people complain about the questing. By doing the main quest only you will be mostly fighting against mobs your level or higher which gives a challenge and that's what you want. When you need to unlock the next main quest this is where choice come into play. You can try exploring a bit to find a area that you like then do some side quest there. Also try some bam fighting, instances, pvp and crafting. You can make some good money off farming bams for the drops. Tera is a lot of fun but everything is not just laid out right in front of you. Oh, and make sure you join a good active clan. Its makes all the difference.